Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 07:53:39 PM

Meni, another question, has Alberto invested any of the funds from BDT into Pirate???

BlockChain Capital

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 07:58:11 PM

Meni, another question, has Alberto invested any of the funds from BDT into Pirate???
No.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 02:47:43 AM

Uhmm.. no dividends today?
Presumably Alberto was unable to pay the coupons because he's not home. I talked with him and he said he will do it tomorrow.

Meni, are you ready to stand by the information you have given us?

Here are some good highlights

"pay back every last satoshi of debt, bringing to the table his personal assets if necessary (of which he has enough to cover his obligations)"
"I have documents verifying his identity, and I have confirmed his address by sending a physical letter."
I did indeed check Alberto's background to the best of my understanding. I sent a letter to the address in Italy he gave me and he learned its contents (which means either he or someone he is in touch with can access mail sent to this address), and I have an ID scan. My impressions from the process were that he intends and is able to make good on his obligations. But I am not omniscient and I am not a forensic expert. If I was 100% certain of this I would have just lent him the money myself, and it was clear that investors are sharing the counterparty risk. If it turns out I was wrong there is only a limited degree to which I can be held accountable.

guys, one last question, has Alberto started working full time on the bitdaytrade or is he still working in the family restaurant?
He was scheduled to start working on Bitdaytrade full time next month.

Alberto was originally supposed to be home today and resume working with me on resolving the current situation; he now says there's been a change in plans and it will be tomorrow evening. Let's wait until tomorrow.

Presumably you spoke to Alberto on skype and he used the name "jjfarren"
A simple search on this forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77195.0 reveals who that name belongs to.

ianspain
Donator

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 03:50:57 PM

any news???

BlockChain Capital
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 04:00:25 PM

any news???
As mentioned Alberto is scheduled to be back home a few hours from now, at which point he will pay the coupons.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
ianspain
Donator

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:25:08 PM

will these include the late penalities?

BlockChain Capital
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 08:56:25 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2012, 10:19:49 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

Alberto is back home, and has paid the coupon of 0.032 BTC per bond, which includes the compensation for being 2 days overdue.

We have also discussed the future of the BDT bonds in light of the recent accusations on reddit and the forum and decided the following:
1. It will be hard to establish trust when Alberto is sitting on 10K BTC of debt which some people are worrying they're not getting back.
2. It's going to take a lot of time to establish trust in the Bitdaytrade platform, during which he pays a lot of coupons on the bonds without a revenue stream to show for it.

Therefore we are taking a strategic move to significantly lower his debt. As part of the process he has already recalled 2000 BDT bonds that were in my possession; he sent me about 4200 BTC to start offering people to sell their bonds back at their face value of 1 BTC each, and a bid has been placed. More bids will be placed once Alberto shuffles some funds around, as will I; it is expected that everyone will have a chance to sell. (In this I am letting go of the "not handling the funds myself" rule, but given the circumstances I believe it's best if I take the lead in handling this.)

I recommend that people take us on our offer. It makes sense for all parties involved, and ideally Alberto will only be in debt to me until we can figure out exactly how much capital he needs and at what terms. This is not a forced buyback though and people have a right to keep their bonds.

Alberto will make an announcement discussing the suggested security deficiencies and what he plans for the future of the Bitdaytrade platform.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:16:00 PM

Alberto is back home, and has paid the coupon of 0.032 BTC per bond, which includes the compensation for being 2 days overdue.

We have also discussed the future of the BDT bonds in light of the recent accusations on reddit and the forum and decided the following:
1. It will be hard to establish trust when Alberto is sitting on 10K BTC of debt which some people are worrying they're not getting back.
2. It's going to take a lot of time to establish trust in the Bitdaytrade platform, during which he pays a lot of coupons on the bonds without a revenue stream to show for it.

Therefore we are taking a strategic move to significantly lower his debt. As part of the process he has already recalled 2000 BDT bonds that were in my possession; he sent me about 4200 BTC to start offering people to sell their bonds back at their face value of 1 BTC each, and a bid has been placed. More bids will be placed once Alberto shuffles some funds around, as will I; it is expected that everyone will have a chance to sell.

I recommend that people take us on our offer. It makes sense for all parties involved, and ideally Alberto will only be in debt to me until we can figure out exactly how much capital he needs and at what terms. This is not a forced buyback though and people have a right to keep their bonds.

Alberto will make an announcement discussing the suggested security deficiencies and what he plans for the future of the Bitdaytrade platform.

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with this outcome. 

pyramining

Activity: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:33:18 PM

I also appreciate what has been done.
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:56:12 PM

Therefore we are taking a strategic move to significantly lower his debt. As part of the process he has already recalled 2000 BDT bonds that were in my possession; he sent me about 4200 BTC to start offering people to sell their bonds back at their face value of 1 BTC each, and a bid has been placed. More bids will be placed once Alberto shuffles some funds around, as will I; it is expected that everyone will have a chance to sell. (In this I am letting go of the "not handling the funds myself" rule, but given the circumstances I believe it's best if I take the lead in handling this.)

Glad to see this. I had a sell order up at 1.0, and was surprised it got filled. I presume it was because of this action.
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:05:27 AM

I must say that, despite all of the negative comments and such, this matter has been handled to my satisfaction. This is a very much appreciated move. Thank you Meni and Alberto.
der_meister

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:29:52 AM

Good news, I hope things will be going smoothly in future. Less than month, but so much drama Undecided Thank you, Meni.

Moving on is a simple thing,
what it leaves behind is hard...
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:20:08 AM

Its interesting that bitscalper sent you 4000 coins because thats how many went missing from kronos.io

Things that make you go hmmm

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 07:32:31 AM

Its interesting that bitscalper sent you 4000 coins because thats how many went missing from kronos.io

Things that make you go hmmm
I'm not sure I'm following your logic. Whatever the Kronos incident was, it predated the BDT IPO in which Alberto raised about 10K BTC. So he would have more than 4K BTC anyway.

Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:20:25 AM

Any news on the bugfixes/security risks? 

gigantic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:02:17 AM

Meni, BDT is offline for some time now, does that mean its the end of the 3%/week bond?
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 05:28:07 PM

Any news on the bugfixes/security risks?  
Meni, BDT is offline for some time now, does that mean its the end of the 3%/week bond?

Alberto says he will write a status update later this evening.

labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:41:32 PM

Roll Eyes

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:35:19 AM

Roll Eyes

Wanna hear something funny?

I felt so relieved to have gotten rid of my BDT bonds, even at a loss (before the buy-back), and while I went looking for a place to invest the proceeds, I decided to park the coins in my Bitcoinmax account for a few days.

*barf*
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:45:05 AM

Roll Eyes

Wanna hear something funny?

I felt so relieved to have gotten rid of my BDT bonds, even at a loss (before the buy-back), and while I went looking for a place to invest the proceeds, I decided to park the coins in my Bitcoinmax account for a few days.

*barf*

That sucks man. I only lost about 8btc selling off this steaming pile of crap so I consider myself lucky.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: