Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:31:47 PM

Also, I would like to add that I do think Meni is doing the best he can.  Good call on freezing the asset too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 03:44:46 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 04:20:07 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

I'm sure you are aware that Alberto's actions also affect your reputation as the guy doing the PR for the BDT fund. So I don't think it is wise to take this issue lightly and to state that your personal interests (trip to London) are more important than the interests of the people you encouraged to invest in BDT.
Will all due respect the Bitcoin conference is important (especially given recent events). The BDT issues are important too but not enough to cancel my attendance, or to leave without getting anything prepared (which is where I'm headed at this rate after all the time I've spent on this). My power to affect this is fairly limited, and whatever we do the matter will not be resolved in a matter of days, so there's no point in thinking that it will and that I have no other commitments than BDT.

Also, "encouraged to invest in BDT" is a bit of a stretch. I encouraged people to make their own decision.

I do not agree to a buyback of 1 btc per bond.  Unacceptable.  If he wants to buy back at 1 btc then he can buy them on the open market, but I will not accept a forced buyback of 1 btc
I didn't say it's ok. If Alberto only pays the face value (in addition to the interest already accumulated) he won't be a man of his word, but I don't think he'd be a thief either as far as this is concerned.

The worst part is it really seems like we aren't any closer to having a vehicle to hedge BTC/CurrencyX exposure Sad
Not sure if it's the worst part, but I know, it's a bad part. You have icbit.se though.

Great, yet another security is in default. If Alberto fails to repay, I would like to pursue immediate legal action. We will have to coordinate this next Wednesday when you return from London.
This possibility will be explored if Alberto fails to make significant progress. But I don't think we can expect him to repay in full in a week.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:59:56 PM

I just noticed a rather large dividend payment, so it looks like he has started the process of paying off the principle. This is very good news.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:02:22 PM

I just noticed a rather large dividend payment, so it looks like he has started the process of paying off the principle. This is very good news.
Really? I'm not seeing anything after the 0.036.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
cytokine
Donator

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 05:30:58 PM

Oh, okay I didn't realize that was purely an interest payment. I thought he was beginning to pay down the principle. I misunderstood.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:31:59 PM

Oh, okay I didn't realize that was purely an interest payment. I thought he was beginning to pay down the principle. I misunderstood.
Right, anything after this particular payment will count towards principal repayment.

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 06:11:23 PM

If he wants to buy back at 1 btc then he can buy them on the open market, but I will not accept a forced buyback of 1 btc
(And I see that BitDayTrade is one of the sponsors of the London conference. It's really turning into a den of iniquity, isn't it?)
Well Alberto paid for the sponsorship almost two months ago, I hardly think it's the organizers' place to constantly refresh the list excluding problematic businesses.

Anyway the conference is about Bitcoin enthusiasts meeting each other, these trivialities ultimately don't matter much. I hope you're still going.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 11:15:20 PM

Actually the conference is going to be awesome when it kicks off proper, It's just gone Friday, so a day and 1/2 left before it does and I've already met with lots of bitcoiners.

We're enjoying ourselves and getting to have those talks that...well we never get to do anywhere else because the people are not there.

This conference is going to shape the future of bitcoin.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:46:02 AM

(And I see that BitDayTrade is one of the sponsors of the London conference. It's really turning into a den of iniquity, isn't it?)
Well Alberto paid for the sponsorship almost two months ago, I hardly think it's the organizers' place to constantly refresh the list excluding problematic businesses.
I completely agree. I'm just observing the irony that three of the conference sponsors are considered by many to be in disgrace.

I'm totally looking forward to the weekend.

I wonder who will get a shoe thrown at them first.

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:27:40 PM

How long does it take to get a scammer tag? No replies from emails and No updates...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 10:32:40 PM

I met Meni for a few minutes this evening, I'll be talking to him tomorrow at the conference much longer about this. It a very good thing he came.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:48:46 AM

How long does it take to get a scammer tag? No replies from emails and No updates...

?

there was an update yesterday and dividends were paid recently

cytokine
Donator

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:16:02 AM

there was an update yesterday and dividends were paid recently

True.

Although I am not happy that Alberto has defaulted, I want to take this time to thank Meni for the level of communication and professionalism that he has shown with this issue. Will definitely do business with Meni in the future Smiley
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:46:50 AM

I want to take this time to thank Meni for the level of communication and professionalism that he has shown with this issue. Will definitely do business with Meni in the future Smiley

Lets see first how this thing works out...
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 03:00:27 AM

Oh, looky, it's Meni trying to talk his way out of having helped a bunch of people lose a bunch of money on some "investment" of his, all the while pretending like "there isn't a btc/fiat hedging vehicle".

While you circlejerks are doing pretty much nothing at all and making a lot of noise about it, MPEx traded about 100k option contracts last month. That would be significantly more than your aggregated net worth. Think about that for a second... actually, think about that for the hour and a half lunch takes to arrive.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:38:48 AM

Oh, looky, it's Meni trying to talk his way out of having helped a bunch of people lose a bunch of money on some "investment" of his, all the while pretending like "there isn't a btc/fiat hedging vehicle".

While you circlejerks are doing pretty much nothing at all and making a lot of noise about it, MPEx traded about 100k option contracts last month. That would be significantly more than your aggregated net worth. Think about that for a second... actually, think about that for the hour and a half lunch takes to arrive.

What is MPEx?

ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:33:42 PM

thank fuck i got out of this one!!!!!!!!

BlockChain Capital
cytokine
Donator

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:56:36 AM

thank fuck i got out of this one!!!!!!!!

Agreed. I hope he makes a large payment soon so I can begin reallocating this capital. The problem with going to zero interest is that it doesn't provide him incentive to repay rapidly.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:02:03 AM

3% weekly. Lol. Where have i heard this type of thing before? Sounds like if you get your one btc back per... Count your blessings and shut up. Investments like "this" is only available in candy land with flying pigs. Only took a couple of months for this to start collapsing.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 02:09:14 AM

3% weekly. Lol. Where have i heard this type of thing before? Sounds like if you get your one btc back per... Count your blessings and shut up. Investments like "this" is only available in candy land with flying pigs. Only took a couple of months for this to start collapsing.

Its been collapsing from the first day  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: