Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:36:36 PM

@ Nefario:

I dont think Alberto, criminal as he may be, signed any privacy agreement with you, that entitles you to post his personal information like this in public. Im on your site and have no tolerance for delinquancy like this in bitcoin world, that's why I'd like to warn you and advise you to take this information down ASAP. Otherwise Alberto's site may have good arguments in court to have your charges tuned down or even worse, sue you for putting that info up. Please reconsider!
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 10:39:14 PM

@ Nefario:

I dont think Alberto, criminal as he may be, signed any privacy agreement with you, that entitles you to post his personal information like this in public. Im on your site and have no tolerance for delinquancy like this in bitcoin world, that's why I'd like to warn you and advise you to take this information down ASAP. Otherwise Alberto's site may have good arguments in court to have your charges tuned down or even worse, sue you for putting that info up. Please reconsider!

Alberto agreed to this information being published, in the event of him scamming or running with the money, on sending it to me, I wouldn't post it otherwise.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:41:40 PM

The rest of your post doesn't make much sense.

I agree and suggest that you put hazek on ignore immediately. He is wasting our time with trolling crap while we're trying to take care of important issues.

Nefario, thanks for taking the lead in this.

Well we've kind of exhausted our options, we've spent weeks trying to get Alberto to make good on his commitments.

And now your going to resort to violence, good to know.
Please, enlighten us on your superior method of extracting payment from debtors scammers peacefully.

Spread the facts of his crime with anyone he tries to work with or have any kind of a relationship with. Use ostracization instead of violence, because not only will you follow the non-aggression principle which allows for a peaceful and prosperous society but is also much more effective.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 10:43:22 PM

Spread the facts of his crime with anyone he tries to work with or have any kind of a relationship with. Use ostracization instead of violence, because not only will you follow the non-aggression principle which allows for a peaceful and prosperous society but is also much more effective.

If it was more effective, then it would be used. Also it doesn't work in an anonymous online society when people can re-invent themselves at the drop of a hat. It was only after problems with BDT that we learned he was also bitscalper, had we known he would not have been allowed to even IPO.

Never mind that there are plenty of people who are willing to do business with him online, this isn't a small village.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:45:01 PM

I agree and suggest that you put hazek on ignore immediately. He is wasting our time with trolling crap while we're trying to take care of important issues.

Well we've kind of exhausted our options, we've spent weeks trying to get Alberto to make good on his commitments.

Please, enlighten us on your superior method of extracting payment from debtors scammers peacefully.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Italy, and contacting everyone he tries to contact is simply not feasible.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:04:43 PM

Yeah? That seems to have worked out pretty well the last time, right? I mean, when it comes to the tech sector there isn't much that reaches the spread of engadget and...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/09/ensos-zenpad-is-vaporware-get-refunds-while-they-last/

Oh... oh, well.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 11:05:05 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 12:46:35 PM by Nefario

Alberto has decided to cooperate.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:06:34 AM

I'm glad you guys are going after this scammer (both because I own some bonds and this crap needs to stop).  It looks like collection should pan out well, especially if his parents own hotels etc. 

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:36:37 AM

I'm glad you guys are going after this scammer (both because I own some bonds and this crap needs to stop).  It looks like collection should pan out well, especially if his parents own hotels etc. 

What on earth makes you think that his parents assets have anything to do with this or that they'd bail him out?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bjork

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:03:52 AM

What on earth makes you think that his parents assets have anything to do with this or that they'd bail him out?

Well it shows that their is money in the family, you can't get money out of somebody who has nothing.  Alberto supposedly owned a couple houses too

Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 01:08:18 AM

Well it shows that their is money in the family, you can't get money out of somebody who has nothing.  Alberto supposedly owned a couple houses too

We're pushing for jail and repayment, this was fraud.

theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:59:54 AM

I picked a great bond for my first foray into GLBSE trading, didn't I?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Bjork

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:01:15 AM

lold

LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:35:43 AM

I had practically clairvoyant premonitions regarding the crappy quality of these bonds, so I sold all of mine (albeit at a bit of a loss) the moment it started to smell fishy.

While I was researching a better home for the proceeds, I thought it would be smart to park my funds in Bitcoinmax.

A little less than 24 hours later, pirateat40 defaulted.

*sigh*
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:48:23 AM

I had practically clairvoyant premonitions regarding the crappy quality of these bonds, so I sold all of mine (albeit at a bit of a loss) the moment it started to smell fishy.
I pulled my bids before the IPO.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 02:53:23 AM

I pulled my bids before the IPO.

Sad thing is BDT was a good idea.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 05:23:26 AM

Its pretty disheartening to be right sometimes and to try and find a safe bitcoin investment.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110505.0

Luckily I sold most of the bonds I purchased for BitcoinRS however I lost 10 btc in the process of selling below what I purchased for. I consider that a close shave.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 07:16:14 AM

So was that tablet the big chinese tablets-with-bitcoin deal rumours were flying about a while back?

Or is the tablets in china thing real and still on?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
davidj411

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 08:23:57 AM

back in jul i opened an account at BDT. one weekend i got an email saying my password was reset. I immediately tried to reset it myself and got back into my account.  I then tried to transfer my funds. (this all happened <1m, I just happened to see the email right away). But because of the wallet setup he had, it required verification from the admin.  Anyway I emailed him that I was able to get into my account and initiate transfer, and the admin emailed me back saying there were two: one to a Tor gateway and one to my legit addr. I confirmed the legit address and got my funds.

i emailed the admin and told him his system was compromised, but that everything was OK on my end because I got my funds back.
Anyway we talked about security, and this guy didn't seem to have a clue. I offered to help him, but he refused.  The guy wouldn't acknowledge the password reset and TOR transfer problem. So I told him to get lost. Anyway I would have posted this on the forum, but I forgot my username (just a lurker here) and then I got stuck in newbie hell.  One other person describe the same problem. 

Anyway I get an email a month later

Dear Mr. xxxx
After similar issues were investigated it turned out that there was a
bug in the history panel showing withdrawals not pertaining to your
account, this gave a feeling of account compromission while in fact
that never happened. Would you like us to reinstate your account ?

Bests
BDT

Anyway, I never touched the site again. Found the reddit hack page, then found this thread. I'm sorry he stole funds from other people . I think he hurt the entire bitcoin community.

I'm curious as to wether the trades were actually being executed anyway, perhaps all the traders were fictional I wonder. I made maybe about $2-3 in trading while it was up (a little before July). 

Bjork

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:59:02 PM

Can you unfreeze the bond?

Surely everyone has had time to read about what is going on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: