Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:40:41 PM

Can you unfreeze the bond?

Surely everyone has had time to read about what is going on.

why unfreeze a bond worth 0?

Let the market determine what it's worth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:19:24 AM

The rest of your post doesn't make much sense.

I agree and suggest that you put hazek on ignore immediately. He is wasting our time with trolling crap while we're trying to take care of important issues.

Nefario, thanks for taking the lead in this.

Well we've kind of exhausted our options, we've spent weeks trying to get Alberto to make good on his commitments.

And now your going to resort to violence, good to know.
Please, enlighten us on your superior method of extracting payment from debtors scammers peacefully.

Spread the facts of his crime with anyone he tries to work with or have any kind of a relationship with. Use ostracization instead of violence, because not only will you follow the non-aggression principle which allows for a peaceful and prosperous society but is also much more effective.

What you have to understand is that civil prosecution is part of this process of ostracization. If there were a case in Alberto's past in which someone had taken him to court, Meni (and us investors) might have avoided this altogether.

Yes, the government and its thugs own a monopoly on violence. I'll give you that, but at the same time no one wants to talk sociology right now.

~pyotr
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:22:01 AM

GLBSE knowingly letting a scam asset trade seems questionable.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 11:47:03 AM

GLBSE knowingly letting a scam asset trade seems questionable.

like your ppt?
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Nefario and I are working on a repayment plan with Alberto and will post updates when there's significant progress.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:20:40 PM

If GLBSE goes to the police and files a criminal charge and then goes on to let that asset trade it could be awkward.

You were supposedly filing charges against Pirate, that didnt stop you from selling (and even creating fresh) pirate debt.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:37:29 PM

ah so you only need 10k BTC ($80k USD) to do what with?  Mt. Gox only trades ~ $800k USD per day in BTC anyway -  how do you plan on generating such an amazing amount of money that you can pay 3% interest weekly?  Seems like every one of these obvious ponzi's claim they are killing it "trading" and "arbitrage" and yet they all need massive, massive investment from a wide # of ppl...

obviously added to Micon's obvious list of Ponzi's

added to Micon's list of ponzi's and scams you should never take part in.

Another win for the "trolls"

ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:08:20 PM

Nefario and I are working on a repayment plan with Alberto and will post updates when there's significant progress.

this ones good, looks like alberto is going to have to work his ass off in the famliy restaurant for the next 5 years, lol

BlockChain Capital
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:08:27 PM

If you need to lie to win you are not really winning now are you?   

Chaang, you should really stop pointing fingers and accusing everyone else of lying you big fat hypocrite. You sold fresh PPT bonds after Pirate defaulted:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82573.msg1173216#msg1173216

exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:35:39 PM

Maybe you should lock this thread then, to stop the trolling and spread of misinformation.  Only unlock to post updates or allow discussion of updates.

Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:34:42 PM

Thanks to the both of you for your continuing effort! The work you are doing is vitally important since having your ID and such verified, must be made to mean something. Thanks again!

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 09:47:03 PM

Thanks to the both of you for your continuing effort! The work you are doing is vitally important since having your ID and such verified, must be made to mean something. Thanks again!

Thank you for pushing this. But please do not take promises to pay too serious - could also be typical delay tactics.

I suppose criminal prosecution will work quite well within EU member states. And the evidence in this case seems sufficient to justify prosecution ''in public interest''.
Well, let's wait a (little) bit to see if Alberto is able to resolve this...

guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:57:24 AM

@ Nefario:

I dont think Alberto, criminal as he may be, signed any privacy agreement with you, that entitles you to post his personal information like this in public. Im on your site and have no tolerance for delinquancy like this in bitcoin world, that's why I'd like to warn you and advise you to take this information down ASAP. Otherwise Alberto's site may have good arguments in court to have your charges tuned down or even worse, sue you for putting that info up. Please reconsider!

Alberto agreed to this information being published, in the event of him scamming or running with the money, on sending it to me, I wouldn't post it otherwise.

I'm curious to see this agreement. Threatening it, and him not responding to the threat isn't actually an agreement in most places.

testconpastas2

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 06:51:22 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 09:18:05 AM by testconpastas2

of course, in USA banks  and goverment use  extortion to get back their loans and taxes then. ( goverment does it really, but acording to the law)

Why are some people defending to a scammer who doesn't honor his contract?.

If we want bitcoin has any future, "BTC rules" have to be followed for everyone .

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:49:31 PM

ah so you only need 10k BTC ($80k USD) to do what with?  Mt. Gox only trades ~ $800k USD per day in BTC anyway -  how do you plan on generating such an amazing amount of money that you can pay 3% interest weekly?  Seems like every one of these obvious ponzi's claim they are killing it "trading" and "arbitrage" and yet they all need massive, massive investment from a wide # of ppl...

Whatever happens this isn't a win for Micon because his post is nonsensical - this was about developing a trading platform which is completely different from trading, and even if it was a scam it's not a ponzi scam.

Thank you for pushing this. But please do not take promises to pay too serious - could also be typical delay tactics.

I suppose criminal prosecution will work quite well within EU member states. And the evidence in this case seems sufficient to justify prosecution ''in public interest''.
Well, let's wait a (little) bit to see if Alberto is able to resolve this...
We're approaching this in multiple ways. The best outcome by far is if Alberto voluntarily repays, litigation would be a lengthy process with an uncertain outcome.

Maybe you should lock this thread then, to stop the trolling and spread of misinformation.  Only unlock to post updates or allow discussion of updates.
I expect the trolling to die down.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:46:36 PM

ah so you only need 10k BTC ($80k USD) to do what with?  Mt. Gox only trades ~ $800k USD per day in BTC anyway -  how do you plan on generating such an amazing amount of money that you can pay 3% interest weekly?  Seems like every one of these obvious ponzi's claim they are killing it "trading" and "arbitrage" and yet they all need massive, massive investment from a wide # of ppl...

Whatever happens this isn't a win for Micon because his post is nonsensical - this was about developing a trading platform which is completely different from trading, and even if it was a scam it's not a ponzi scam.

The topic of this thread is the bond, not Bitdaytrade itself (which probably is also a scam, but not a ponzi). This 3% per week "bond" had all the hallmarks of a ponzi and the same predictable and predicted outcome as a ponzi.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:09:08 PM

BDT post mortem

Rethinking everything I've went through tl;dr

So basically you've decided to solemnly affirm your partner is entirely to blame and you're a good person bla bla.

This is such an unpredictable and unexpected course of events. I was thinking for sure you'll say he's a nice guy and you just fucked people over. Shock and surprise on this one, literally.

Good luck with the next sca uh I mean... those things you do.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
pyrkne

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

I picked a great bond for my first foray into GLBSE trading, didn't I?

Haha I was just going through my account history CSV the other day. I was curious and looked - my first trade was for one share of BDT.
pyrkne

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:27:48 PM

That is good news Meni.

I thought it strange that in the IPO, it claimed that Alberto had enough personal assets to cover repayment no matter what - and then he said he couldn't repay it at all.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 10:05:04 PM

The topic of this thread is the bond, not Bitdaytrade itself (which probably is also a scam, but not a ponzi). This 3% per week "bond" had all the hallmarks of a ponzi and the same predictable and predicted outcome as a ponzi.
It's nothing like a ponzi. The characteristic of a ponzi is that the underlying business is kept hidden and actually does not exist; in this case the business was specified and did exist (whatever problems it had). The other characteristic is that it is growing, in this case it was an issue for a set amount.

If you take for example nrd525's ponzi indicators it passes about 2 out of 9.

I thought it strange that in the IPO, it claimed that Alberto had enough personal assets to cover repayment no matter what - and then he said he couldn't repay it at all.
My only knowledge of Alberto's assets is from his own words. His reported status doesn't seem very consistent so it's not clear if he can't pay, won't pay, or will pay (face value) given some time to liquidate assets.

I will not dignify MPOE-PR's comment with a response.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: