Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 08:22:41 PM

Today I went to the police station and report him for fraud!

I hope not, because he (maybe?) looks like he is committing to paying back the debt.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:54:47 PM

This will only slow down debt repayment process as i will have to eventually allocate funds for legal defense/attorney.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 08:02:06 PM

This will only slow down debt repayment process as i will have to eventually allocate funds for legal defense/attorney.

Or maybe you show some good faith and pay back a more significant amount. 2% dept repayment in like 4 months aint much considering all the cutbacks we accepted. (no 3% weekly interest, redenomination in USD with a pretty low exchange rate) Im sure BTCGOLD will back down.
exahash

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:12:05 PM

You're looking at it all wrong.

If you *hurry up* and make good on your debt, you won't have to hire an attorney. 

Paying sooner is what will save you money.

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 09:50:40 PM

To sum up the current situation:

The scammer Alberto Armandi got effective debt relief from Meni by negotiating a fixed BTC exchange rate at $12 on his promise to pay back funds on a reliable schedule.

The scammer Alberto Armandi promised on or before 5th of December to repay BTC 200 within a week.

The scammer Alberto Armandi has payed BTC 100 so far.

The scammer Alberto Armandi has promised to pay a further BTC 150 within a few days.

Until now, the scammer Alberto Armandi has not payed.

The scammer Alberto Armandi threatens to use funds owed for his legal defence.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 12:01:36 PM

Alberto has paid additional 25 BTC, and says more should come soon.

In other news, I got a full list of bondholders from Nefario. A few payment addresses are still missing which I am working on reconstructing by mailing the bondholders. In a few days I should finish integrating the new data and dispense the latest payment to previously and newly confirmed bondholders.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:11:37 PM

Alberto has paid additional 25 BTC, and says more should come soon.

In other news, I got a full list of bondholders from Nefario. A few payment addresses are still missing which I am working on reconstructing by mailing the bondholders. In a few days I should finish integrating the new data and dispense the latest payment to previously and newly confirmed bondholders.

Good to hear Meni, at least the GLBSE part will be behind us.

Bjork

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 02:05:22 AM

Anything new?

Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 05:46:12 AM

Anything new?
Not yet.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
IIOII
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:31:37 PM

As it turns out again, Alberto's word is worth nothing.

He negotiated debt relief (fixed USD/BTC exchange rate) based on empty promises. If he ever pays any significant amount it will be certainly only at a much higher USD/BTC exchange rate - allowing him to retain most of his fraudulently obtained BTC.

I will not accept this. I've set my personal deadline in this case. After the deadline without significant and reliable progress in repayment, irreversible action will be taken without further announcement.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 03:53:10 PM

He negotiated debt relief (fixed USD/BTC exchange rate) based on empty promises. If he ever pays any significant amount it will be certainly only at a much higher USD/BTC exchange rate - allowing him to retain most of his fraudulently obtained BTC.
This argument makes no sense. The USD/BTC exchange rate can either go up or down. Fixing the debt at a given USD/BTC rate is the logical thing to do, not having done that sooner was a mistake.

I will not accept this. I've set my personal deadline in this case. After the deadline without significant and reliable progress in repayment, irreversible action will be taken without further announcement.
I'm trying to work towards people getting back as much of the debt as possible. Can you explain what your proposed course of action would accomplish?

IIOII
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:34:23 PM

This argument makes no sense. The USD/BTC exchange rate can either go up or down. Fixing the debt at a given USD/BTC rate is the logical thing to do, not having done that sooner was a mistake.

It makes perfect sense, since Alberto did not agree or does not comply to a reliable repayment schedule. So (if he does at all) he will repay only if the exchange rate is in his favor.

I'm trying to work towards people getting back as much of the debt as possible. Can you explain what your proposed course of action would accomplish?

I appreciate your efforts. But I think they lack effectiveness. As my expectation of repayment of any significant proportion of the funds decreases, the importance of holding the fraudster liable increases regardless of a possible influence on the chances of repayment.
Alberto can still stick to his words and implement a more reliable repayment schedule. But I certainly will not watch the current delaying game go on forever.
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:03:34 PM

I appreciate your efforts. But I think they lack effectiveness. As my expectation of repayment of any significant proportion of the funds decreases, the importance of holding the fraudster liable increases regardless of a possible influence on the chances of repayment.
Alberto can still stick to his words and implement a more reliable repayment schedule. But I certainly will not watch the current delaying game go on forever.
There are some plans he told me about, I will bring your feedback to his attention and see if he has any ability to expedite the plans or to affirm his intention to go along with them.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 09:30:22 PM

I will bring your feedback to his attention and see if he has any ability to expedite the plans or to affirm his intention to go along with them

Like his word would count anything anymore... He missed several of his own deadlines. Maybe he should let actions follow his words and start to pay some more significant amounts...
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:22:49 AM

Is this guy in jail yet?

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 11:13:45 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 02:21:51 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

Alberto sent 50 additional BTC, which I will soon distribute. He asked me to relay that he is working hard on obtaining more, which I hope will soon follow.

Update Jan 27 2013: Sent, http://blockchain.info/tx/cf12de9dd02e04a3eea509146c261fc9bc5548ff88eb75a90cb592a10b4778f8. Counts as $0.12 per bond, $11.5656 remaining.

Bjork

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:34:43 AM

Alberto sent 50 additional BTC, which I will soon distribute. He asked me to relay that he is working hard on obtaining more, which I hope will soon follow.

At least he is still trying. 

memvola

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:24:32 AM

If you are a cold blooded swindler, you could put a few hundred coins aside from your plunder to feed the claimants slowly until they get tired and lose focus. I'm not saying this is the case, but if it is, being sympathetic to his situation only helps.
IIOII
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 12:29:39 PM

If you are a cold blooded swindler, you could put a few hundred coins aside from your plunder to feed the claimants slowly until they get tired and lose focus. I'm not saying this is the case, but if it is, being sympathetic to his situation only helps.

+1

What we've seen so far is the classical pattern of one of the most common scamming strategies:

1. Being always nice to creditors.
2. Pointing at special circumstances and extraordinary difficulties which hinder repayment.
3. Nonetheless emphasizing one's will to repay.
4. Making up stories how repayment could be accomplished. (Which never materialize.)
5. Promising to pay "soon", but never agreeing on a reliable schedule.
6. Doing minuscule repayments in an irregular fashion with increasing time span in between and decreasing amounts.

All this serves the purpose for the scammer to present himself as a victim of adverse fate to prevent serious action by the creditors. At the same time creditors get exhausted crawling towards the Fata Morgana of repayment created by the scammer.

Time = money. Thats a simple equation which is also valid for scammers.
(In this case even more so, as the BTC debt has been converted to USD.)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 01:28:27 PM

All this serves the purpose for the scammer to present himself as a victim of adverse fate to prevent serious action by the creditors. At the same time creditors get exhausted crawling towards the Fata Morgana of repayment created by the scammer.

It also only works on idiots.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: