Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:10:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Bitcoin connection to Colorado shooting?  (Read 30750 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 11:30:16 PM

Face it, everything you hear on your news sources you flag as lies and everything you find with a quick google search you put in the "uncovered truths" box.

When it comes to world events, I take everything I see on TV with a grain of salt, and everything I read on the internet with two. Starting with the assumption that everyone is lying to you (or at least distorting the truth to their benefit) really helps sift out the truth.

I remember hearing an awful lot more about Britney Spears' shaved head, Angelina's latest adoption and sometimes less important things like Fukushima.

I sat in a restaurant for about half an hour on Saturday, and the news was on. I heard a total of maybe 5 minutes of news coverage of any event other than this shooting. They want something to fill air time with, and this is sensational, so it gets top billing.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:32:54 PM

I sat in a restaurant for about half an hour on Saturday, and the news was on. I heard a total of maybe 5 minutes of news coverage of any event other than this shooting. They want something to fill air time with, and this is sensational, so it gets top billing.

No qualms there.
Agree with this statement 100%
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:02:35 AM

Each of those statements he made is verifiable fact. Perhaps it is your mind blurring fantasy and reality?

Yes little wayne made a video. That is a fact. Implying that there is a connection to the shooter is asinine and requires a level of mental gymnastics that is mind boggling.

Myrkul, back when I was a regular on this forum, I liked you...so i hate to say this, but seriously, this stuff is retarded and I cant believe anyone, including you, buys into it.

Like I said earlier (believe me or not) I'm from the area, I know people who were shot at, and ive seen some of the victims (and more recently, spoke with an aurora detective who came by our shop) so this conspiracy shit is extremely fucking insulting to me. So, as long as people keep spouting out this awful conspiracy shit, I will keep calling them out for being morons.

Really? I'd like to ask you some questions though PM. Who do you know that was shot at? Which victim have you seen.

You're lying.

I'm grumpy!!
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:57:56 AM

http://www.infowars.com/chertoff-suggests-precrime-solution-to-mass-shooting-psychos/

former Homeland Security boss Michael Chertoff believes government should hone its ability to spot criminals and terrorists before they inflict damage on society.

http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-moves-forward-with-pre-crime-detection/

An internal U.S. Department of Homeland Security document indicates that a controversial program designed to predict whether a person will commit a crime is already being tested on some members of the public

Does this system use a "cortronic neural network" ?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:06:58 AM

I could give two fucks whether you (or anyone else for that matter) believes me. I'm just here to tell you what a feckless loser manchild you are, and to tell you to grow the fuck up and stop believing in fantasyland bullshit or else you are most likely doomed to a pathetic life reeking of doritos and failure.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:48:41 AM

Aurora police chief was former head of NYPD intelligence division (on 9/11).

http://gothamist.com/2012/07/21/aurora_police_chief_is_former_nypd.php

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:43:17 AM

I could give two fucks whether you (or anyone else for that matter) believes me. I'm just here to tell you what a feckless loser manchild you are, and to tell you to grow the fuck up and stop believing in fantasyland bullshit or else you are most likely doomed to a pathetic life reeking of doritos and failure.

Yep..that sounds more like it. See, if you really had people hurt in this fiasco, this isn't how you would respond. You're a poor actor.

I'm grumpy!!
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:55:45 AM

I wouldn't respond by calling you an idiot? Pretty sure that's what just happened.

Considering that your response to a horrible tradgedy is to blame aliens or the Cia or some shit, I wouldn't consider you an expert on reasonable reactions.

I already told you earlier that I have no interest in engaging in a debate. Mostly because there is nothing to debate. I'm simply going to mock you until you realize your belief is stupid, or until you shut the fuck up about it....either way is fine with me.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:08:28 AM

Yep..that sounds more like it. See, if you really had people hurt in this fiasco, this isn't how you would respond. You're a poor actor.

No, that sounds about right... righteous indignation.

If there's any conspiracy to this, it's most likely just the media spin-up. Fear sells newspapers, and gets eyeballs on the TV.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 07:47:09 AM

Bring on the sock puppets! :::plays enter the clowns:::
A bunch of ad hominem slanging newbs - what a shock. You are right no one out there is smarter than you and they certainly don't ever plan anything sinister! The world is clearly a lovely place where people wouldn't ever do such a thing. Even if they wanted to they couldn't, you know why? You are TOO SMART to let it happen.

This is a regular occurrence, especially on the internet.
You take something said about you and spin it back at the opposition.
Conspiracy theory is all about feeling smarter than everyone else.
If all those sheep believed what you do, then how would you know you have such supreme intellect.
At least your mom would still tell you, I guess.
Now you are just being refractory and have taken my point and then just flipped it back on me as if you made it. This is info management 101. Ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery, I'm rubber you are glue, whatever you say I will repeat back to you. Quite childish. Also, I don't have to be smarter than you to know there are people out there smarter than both of us.
Taz

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:06:08 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 11:40:05 AM by Taz

Now you are just being refractory and have taken my point and then just flipped it back on me as if you made it.
This is getting too meta for me. If getting the last word on a point is important to you, feel free to take it. Discussing this more will solve nothing.

This is info management 101. Ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery, I'm rubber you are glue, whatever you say I will repeat back to you. Quite childish.
You seem to think we are in a work of fiction. In this particular fictional case, you guys would not really be spreading the truth, but in-fact would be a segment of the inner party set up to weed out rebellious individuals.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:27:22 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 01:02:12 PM by cryptoanarchist

So evolve knows people that got shot but can't tell me who - even though I lived in Aurora and might know them myself - IF THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.

BTW, no one has collected my bounty for finding any evidence of the victims on the internet prior to 2012, so they either never existed or they just never used the internet, nor anyone else in their families.

FAKE VICTIMS. FAKE FOOTAGE, WAY FAKE WITNESSES.

Really, if you listen to Chris Ramos' fake crying and think that is real emotion, you really need to check out my beach front property for sale in Indiana.

EDIT: I'm ignoring those who only come at me with ad hominems. Throw your tantrums by yourself.

I'm grumpy!!
smithy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:52:51 PM

So evolve knows people that got shot but can't tell me who - even though I lived in Aurora and might know them myself - IF THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE.

BTW, no one has collected my bounty for finding any evidence of the victims on the internet prior to 2012, so they either never existed or they just never used the internet, nor anyone else in their families.

FAKE VICTIMS. FAKE FOOTAGE, WAY FAKE WITNESSES.

Really, if you listen to Chris Ramos' fake crying and think that is real emotion, you really need to check out my beach front property for sale in Indiana.

As I said before, go outside and get laid you freak. I can imagine you hunched in front of your computer masturbating to UFO videos on youtube, mumbling over and over to yourself "fake, it's all fake...nothing is real, man. mhhmhm sheeple" lol.
Maybe you think Batman would have flown in and saved all those people if it was real. haha my god you are pathetic.
Taz

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:03:26 PM

As I said before, go outside and get laid you freak. I can imagine you hunched in front of your computer masturbating to UFO videos on youtube, mumbling over and over to yourself "fake, it's all fake...nothing is real, man. mhhmhm sheeple" lol.
Maybe you think Batman would have flown in and saved all those people if it was real. haha my god you are pathetic.

Ahh great smithy, now he'll never go outside.
cryptoanarchist, unless you're still in highschool, people out in the real world will rarely say these things to your face.
Rarely in front of a big crowd, while wedgying you.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:29:30 PM

Now you are just being refractory and have taken my point and then just flipped it back on me as if you made it.
This is getting too meta for me. If getting the last word on a point is important to you, feel free to take it. Discussing this more will solve nothing.

This is info management 101. Ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery, I'm rubber you are glue, whatever you say I will repeat back to you. Quite childish.
You seem to think we are in a work of fiction. In this particular fictional case, you guys would not really be spreading the truth, but in-fact would be a segment of the inner party set up to weed out rebellious individuals.

Inner party? They have thousands of monkeys doing exactly what you do. Its not a grand high conspiracy, it is a matter of public record.
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:38:30 PM

Cryptoanarchist, no one has claimed your "bounty" because no one takes you seriously.  You are a paranoid jackass with, at best, a tenuous grasp on reality. No one is going to waste time and energy trying to prove something to some random half retarded crazy person on the Internet.
Taz

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:48:56 PM

Inner party? They have thousands of monkeys doing exactly what you do. Its not a grand high conspiracy, it is a matter of public record.
Sorry bud, you lost me.
Are you now talking Orwell or real world?

Not sure how I got arguing with you.
How much the pre-stated crazy do you agree with?
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:24:33 PM

This is from 2008:  http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/report-recruit/

from the report:

This 2006 report for the Joint Special Operations University, "Blogs and Military Information Strategy," offers a third approach — co-opting bloggers, or even putting them on the payroll. "Hiring a block of bloggers to verbally attack a specific person or promote a specific message may be worth considering," write the report’s co-authors, James Kinniburgh and Dororthy Denning.

I'm grumpy!!
Taz

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:39:57 PM

This is from 2008:  http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/report-recruit/

from the report:

This 2006 report for the Joint Special Operations University, "Blogs and Military Information Strategy," offers a third approach — co-opting bloggers, or even putting them on the payroll. "Hiring a block of bloggers to verbally attack a specific person or promote a specific message may be worth considering," write the report’s co-authors, James Kinniburgh and Dororthy Denning.

Next paragraph:

Lt. Commander Marc Boyd, a U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman, says the report was merely an academic exercise. "The comments are not ‘actionable’, merely thought provoking," he tells Danger Room. "The views expressed in the article publication are entirely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or position of the U.S. Government, Department of Defense,

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:42:13 PM

I will say on the matter, I don't entirely buy into either side. I will say though, after reading through everything, Evolve you seem to be the most butt hurt here. Everyone is trying to make points, for both sides, and you do little but call them idiots. If you want to win a debate you should probably try implying that they are idiots with facts.

1. I believe that the Lil Wayne and Madonna things are coincidences, if there was some odd conspiracy going on, why would "the government" or whoever was staging it want anyone to be in on it.

2. I know for a fact, that all movie theaters are mandated to have security cameras, a few friends and I found that out the hard way, so I'm a bit curious as to why more videos haven't come up, but I'll give it a few days to a week.

3. The lack of stretchers as the ambulance responds is one of the most alarming parts to me. I'v seen ambulances prep before the call, as I have some family that works for a small town EMT/Fire Department, and if there is any doubt they they would need a stretcher, they bring them. Most of the time they have one or two with them at all times, but in a shooting case, they would bring more than multiple.

4. The witnesses are obviously lying, or over dramatizing, but I wont put it past that they are just enjoying their time on T.V

5. The "staged" photos, I don't really buy into that. If someone was actually behind this whole thing, they would sure as hell make sure that its as believable as possible, they wouldn't let that kind of thing leak. People smile when they are relieved, they could have just been happy to get out of there.

there are a lot of points that can go on both sides, more interpretations will air, and more evidence will come out for both parties. Is there a motive to stage this sort of thing? Sure. Could it be done? Sure. Was it done? Maybe. I will say the story seems a whole lot more fishy than most other stories of the type.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: