Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196156 times)
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:13:26 PM

The thing is that it's not even possible to verify what they do with the money!

Why the hell should it be? Why do you think they need to justify every single expense to a random forum troll like you? You really need to learn your place in the world.

The company proceeds the presale and than they are not authorized to use proceeds of this presale for any other purpose than to buy Neucoin from three Neucoin-foundations on the isle of man - and then they want to distribute it (Neucoin). If there is no way to control that it is as if they say: Give me Bitcoin and I will use that Bitcoin to buy Neucoin from myself which I plan to sell for more Bitcoin. In fact nobody has a clue who is doing what in this game

On the contrary, you know exactly what they are doing because its explained in the t&c you are quoting from. You're supposed to read the t&c before you buy, not buy and then bitch about the fact that your own delusional fantasies of what you thought Neucoin was going to be is different from the actual facts that were explained well in advance if you'd bothered to read them.

or you just forgot my question who holds the private key?

I think you should really look up what a 'multi-sig address' is before you comment any further on this.

And does it look like as if the ICO-Bitcoin are used for the Development? I mean it's obvious that they paid for press and for funny "price-analyses"

In the next paragraph you seem to be complaining that they aren't using the money for 'the good of neucoin' or some such ill-defined term, but here you are complaining that they are using it for PR. You can't eat your cake and still have it too.

but it doesn't seem as if they would value the real development side very high or even pay for it. The basic tech is not stable and it's not what they have promised it would be!

It is stable, it is what they said it would be. There was a temporary issue as they made a fork recently. I don't see how its a big deal.

It's all about selling "something" to naive folks and that's why it's all about the price and that's also the reason why they switch to full PoS - what is also not in line with what was said before.

Firstly, they made a change yes. Would you expect them to just launch it then bugger off and not respond to current conditions? You accuse them of never doing anything, and then accuse them of doing something. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

And again: You don't know who exactly is accountable for what the foundations do or the "company" or the ICO-Bitcoin! All the nice talking of non-profit-foundations and company sounds so reputable right? In combination with all the big names but nobody seems to care about the project or am I wrong? Where are they?

All of the 'big names' probably got very scared for their reputations and tried to dissociate themselves as soon as the troll army swarmed all over this and tried to destroy the name of everyone involved with lies and insults.

Yes, you're right. My fault. But the problem stays the same: With the money they've got from the community they are free to do whatever they want to and nobody even knows WHO exactly is accountable.

You seem to think you work in their accounts department and they should submit all their expense receipts to you or something. Its just ridiculous.

But about all the technical issues and that they were never able to really distribute how it was planned you just say: "Poor execution is no scam"?

Well that wasn't me that said that actually, but anyway. I don't know of any significant technical issues, but any problems with distribution I would blame on the attack from you and the other trolls scaring people away and destroying any interest in this coin, more than anything else.

Those growth foundation should have the ICO-Bitcoin and they should use those Bitcoin for the best of Neucoin if it's not a scam.

I'm sorry, you've already eaten this cake.

That's the promise. And sure I can't know that they use it for other purposes but it's obviously that there are constant transactions from the ICO-address

Why the hell shouldn't there be? You expected them to raise this money and then just throw it in the bin did you?

and it's obvious at the same time that they are not able to handle the tech or the distribution and that nearly nothing is like they've said it would be.

Stating that something is obvious doesn't make it true. The main thing that is different from what they said it would be is that they didn't say there would be an army of whiny liars unleashing a months long campaign of hate to destroy neucoin, and then blaming the neucoin team for the low price of the coins afterwards.

Neucoin what you believed it would be when you bought it? Don't you believe it would have been better to read this thread?

It would have been better if nobody had ever read this thread.

Because you can say whatever you want, that they acted honest and that we here are Fudders and Trolls - but under the line we were right. What I said in many posts and with a lot of calculations about the economical side of neucoin turned out to be true and my predictions were not like betting. It was obvious. And if that was obvious for a little light like me, it should have been obvious for professionals like those who are behind Neucoin, right? But they planned it like this! Or maybe they are just not professionals? Maybe they just did everything to give the impression of a professional and reputable project? Because if yes, than you obviously did not buy what you believed to buy. And if yes, you did that because you believed them. If that's what you call "honest" and just "poor execution but not a scam"... okay.

Yes, you and your friends predicted it will not do well, then you did a very good job of making sure that it didn't do well, and your self-fulfilling prophecy therefore started to look true. Well done.

But they have your money and you don't even know who is accountable and what they do with that.

Every time you say the word 'accountable', which you do very often, it really sets my teeth on edge. You are not the big boss of Neucoin, and they are not accountable to you. They are 'accountable' if they breach the T&C, but all your complaints about the t&cs are about the team following them, not breaking them, so no, they are not accountable to you and please stop acting like they have a duty to do everything you want them to do.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:30:20 PM

Yes, you and your friends predicted it will not do well, then you did a very good job of making sure that it didn't do well, and your self-fulfilling prophecy therefore started to look true. Well done.

Oh common, lets keep it real.

If a project can't withstand a little trolling and flaming on a forum then its obviously incredibly weak to begin with, since everything and everyone in the world has critics.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:52:20 PM

Cryptorlals, what is your neucoin forum username?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:53:07 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 09:45:15 PM by tempus

The thing is that it's not even possible to verify what they do with the money!

Why the hell should it be? Why do you think they need to justify every single expense to a random forum troll like you? You really need to learn your place in the world.  
It's not about me. They owe me nothing, I absolutely agree! I did not invest! ;-) But you and some others bought into it because you and some others believed in what they say. Now they have your Bitcoin and you are in loss. Maybe you should have those questions or don't you care about that?

The company proceeds the presale and than they are not authorized to use proceeds of this presale for any other purpose than to buy Neucoin from three Neucoin-foundations on the isle of man - and then they want to distribute it (Neucoin). If there is no way to control that it is as if they say: Give me Bitcoin and I will use that Bitcoin to buy Neucoin from myself which I plan to sell for more Bitcoin. In fact nobody has a clue who is doing what in this game

On the contrary, you know exactly what they are doing because its explained in the t&c you are quoting from. You're supposed to read the t&c before you buy, not buy and then bitch about the fact that your own delusional fantasies of what you thought Neucoin was going to be is different from the actual facts that were explained well in advance if you'd bothered to read them.

Again, I did not buy. I never trusted them. But if you know what they do with the money because you say it's all clear: Please, share your knowledge!

or you just forgot my question who holds the private key?

I think you should really look up what a 'multi-sig address' is before you comment any further on this.

My fault that my english is not very good, but you know what I want to say. You don't know who is accountable, right?

And does it look like as if the ICO-Bitcoin are used for the Development? I mean it's obvious that they paid for press and for funny "price-analyses"

In the next paragraph you seem to be complaining that they aren't using the money for 'the good of neucoin' or some such ill-defined term, but here you are complaining that they are using it for PR. You can't eat your cake and still have it too.

That's not really PR. That's bullshit. It's obviously important to introduce a new way of calculation for NEU prices which is pathetic. And even if it would be good PR, PR is not enough when the whole project goes to shit and everybody can see that - and not just because of the price!

but it doesn't seem as if they would value the real development side very high or even pay for it. The basic tech is not stable and it's not what they have promised it would be!

It is stable, it is what they said it would be. There was a temporary issue as they made a fork recently. I don't see how its a big deal.

We obviously have different definitions of the word stable. But I'm glad for you if Neucoin is exactly what you believed it should be.

It's all about selling "something" to naive folks and that's why it's all about the price and that's also the reason why they switch to full PoS - what is also not in line with what was said before.

Firstly, they made a change yes. Would you expect them to just launch it then bugger off and not respond to current conditions? You accuse them of never doing anything, and then accuse them of doing something. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

The problem is the greed-design. They can do whatever they want but this project has no chance and they know that. They don't want the sellpressure from mining, so they switch to full PoS and that means that they will stake their 98% premine and they have 100% control but without any chance to distribute what they stake.

If you are different opinion please calculate what they stake every day. And then: Please tell me how they will distribute the millions they produce every day, not to mention the billions they hold. Do you really believe that could go like they said it would? Do you see any chance for that... The sellpressure from mining is too much but the millions they produce like dust don't count?

And again: You don't know who exactly is accountable for what the foundations do or the "company" or the ICO-Bitcoin! All the nice talking of non-profit-foundations and company sounds so reputable right? In combination with all the big names but nobody seems to care about the project or am I wrong? Where are they?

All of the 'big names' probably got very scared for their reputations and tried to dissociate themselves as soon as the troll army swarmed all over this and tried to destroy the name of everyone involved with lies and insults.

Ah, I understand. Those who told and tell the truth are responsible. That's funny. You can't really believe that.

Yes, you're right. My fault. But the problem stays the same: With the money they've got from the community they are free to do whatever they want to and nobody even knows WHO exactly is accountable.

You seem to think you work in their accounts department and they should submit all their expense receipts to you or something. Its just ridiculous.
Again, it's not about me. I didn't give a single satoshi to them. But you should be interested what they do with your money. But, maybe you are not.

But about all the technical issues and that they were never able to really distribute how it was planned you just say: "Poor execution is no scam"?

Well that wasn't me that said that actually, but anyway. I don't know of any significant technical issues, but any problems with distribution I would blame on the attack from you and the other trolls scaring people away and destroying any interest in this coin, more than anything else.

No technical issues? Take a look in the official forum and the complaints about issues. One example:
http://forum.neucoin.org/t/3-5-hours-of-transactions-removed-from-the-block-chain/2057

And no, it's not our fault that Neucoin is a failure. It's because of the economic design. No project could distribute new coins for hundreds of Bitcoins everyday. This is what they wanted you to believe:

‘Neucoin Will Have More Consumers Using It Than Bitcoin within One Year’ - Founder
http://cointelegraph.com/news/neucoin-will-have-more-consumers-using-it-than-bitcoin-within-one-year-founder

And maybe you believed that. But it's not possible! For no project, at least not for a bullshit-project like Neucoin without any innovation! It would need thousands new buyers everyday to distribute what they produce every day because of the monster-inflation-staking of the monster-premine!

And you can blame us because we told the truth about it. But maybe you should blame the team that came up with such a greed-plan and yourself that you believed in it.

Those growth foundation should have the ICO-Bitcoin and they should use those Bitcoin for the best of Neucoin if it's not a scam.

I'm sorry, you've already eaten this cake.

I just tell you what I believe what a legit project should do. But, if you like it to give them your money because you don't need it but they do - than it's a win-win. ;-)

That's the promise. And sure I can't know that they use it for other purposes but it's obviously that there are constant transactions from the ICO-address

Why the hell shouldn't there be? You expected them to raise this money and then just throw it in the bin did you?

I expected exactly what happened. That they transact those coins and I never believed it's really from public investors. I believe it's mainly self-buying because they wanted control right from the start. It never was a legit project in my eyes and either way: They don't really care about developing, good tech and innovation.

and it's obvious at the same time that they are not able to handle the tech or the distribution and that nearly nothing is like they've said it would be.

Stating that something is obvious doesn't make it true. The main thing that is different from what they said it would be is that they didn't say there would be an army of whiny liars unleashing a months long campaign of hate to destroy neucoin, and then blaming the neucoin team for the low price of the coins afterwards.

I'm not whiny (why should I?) and I did not lie. My posts were mainly about the economical design and it's not possible that I'm wrong with that. If you disagree with that tell me in which scenarios they could distribute the millions they produce every day!

Neucoin what you believed it would be when you bought it? Don't you believe it would have been better to read this thread?

It would have been better if nobody had ever read this thread.

Who is whiny? ;-) And no: If this thread wouldn't exist there just would be more unexperienced user who would believe the lies and invest and lose their money, while the team makes money because they planned to sell dust for Bitcoin.

Because you can say whatever you want, that they acted honest and that we here are Fudders and Trolls - but under the line we were right. What I said in many posts and with a lot of calculations about the economical side of neucoin turned out to be true and my predictions were not like betting. It was obvious. And if that was obvious for a little light like me, it should have been obvious for professionals like those who are behind Neucoin, right? But they planned it like this! Or maybe they are just not professionals? Maybe they just did everything to give the impression of a professional and reputable project? Because if yes, than you obviously did not buy what you believed to buy. And if yes, you did that because you believed them. If that's what you call "honest" and just "poor execution but not a scam"... okay.

Why did nobody come to rebut us? Don't you think a team should do that as well? I'm highly invested in Factom and just by the way: I mentioned that already in this thread as example for a legit project and that's the chart:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/factom/

And Paul Snow, the "Boss" of Factom is everywhere to rebut FUD. He discussed it on LTB, on reddit, in comments of articles, in this forum, on twitter etc. I did that as well btw. And it's easy: Because you can't win a discussion if you try to FUD a legit project. And nobody won ever a discussion trying to FUD Factom. But Neucoin... they don't come to rebut us because they know they would lose! I would ask them like I ask you: How will it be possible to distribute the Neucoin-Dust? I would ask them to show calculations for scenarios and it would be obvious that the whole plan is bullshit. It was an impossible greed plan and that's why I call it a scam! And that's why they don't want to discuss with us!

But they have your money and you don't even know who is accountable and what they do with that.

Every time you say the word 'accountable', which you do very often, it really sets my teeth on edge. You are not the big boss of Neucoin, and they are not accountable to you. They are 'accountable' if they breach the T&C, but all your complaints about the t&cs are about the team following them, not breaking them, so no, they are not accountable to you and please stop acting like they have a duty to do everything you want them to do.
I already said: They owe me nothing. But I would have some questions if I would be invested. You don't have those questions and I'm all right with that. But I really believe it's good to tell the truth about this project to avoid that too many others believe their lies.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:11:48 PM

Truce is off. you are an idiot.

Nice post Tempus.

Well what d'ya know.
"Someone" from neucoin forum, who just happens to be a bag holder, turns up and dispel's every point Tempus makes.

Funny my figures were almost identical to Tempus figures. neucoin could not deny their validity. Nor produce their own figures.
But this neucoin forum bag holder "knows" better than us AND better than neucoin.

All's good in his neucoin world!

Gonna tell me your neucoin forum name Cryptorials?
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:43:33 PM

Do you think they...

1. ...acted honest?
2. ...did not lie?
3. ...delivered their promises?
4. ...are as transparent as promised?
5. ...are open for discussion?

I can't answer 1,2 and 4. Partly because I'd have to do some analysis and partly because I'm not sure I (we?) have enough info to determine the answers. Can you provide an example of something specific to get me thinking?

"We" have much info.

$2.25 million "initial funding".
Even cointelegraph, neucoins best advocate, had to edit their press release, after reading here, probably, ask Torrgeek mod.

NOW the "updated" $2.25 million initial funding, includes $1 million presale?

BTW, while your asking Torrgeek about the initial funding, also ask if he ever got those figures he, and myself, were asking Sandrine Ayral for.
(you know, the figures about founders payment for work after launch)
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:07:59 PM

They did in fact sell this with lies, claiming innovation when none existed.  This is all documented in this thread.

Oh yeah.  Grin

And when Dart found out that neucoin wasn't innovative,
(when I told him what he was trying to remember was innovative about neucoin)
then he didn't care for innovation any more. neucoin didn't need innovation.

neucoin had rich people. neucoin had angels.
Angels were better than naughty people on bct.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:27:41 PM

Sorry, no one else to ask.

Ah..you broke my heart, troll.

I thought you were asking me coz you liked me

Do you know the answer to "How many neucoin the founders will receive over three years?"

No?

Bit much me being called a troll for asking.
You being a mod n'all

Hmm
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:34:26 PM

Sandrine,

Please have your press releases CORRECTED.

As I posted recently, Coindesk has corrected, in part at least, their nokoin article.
It now states that $1m (of the $2.25m cash claim nokoin perpetuated) is "work done".
http://www.coindesk.com/uber-hotwire-2-25-million-neucoin/

TechCrunch still states that nokoin raised $2.25m in "Angel" funding. Not true.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/
VentureBeat still states that nokoin raised $2.25m in "Angel" funding. Not true.
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-raises-2-5m-to-be-a-headache-free-take-on-bitcoin/

nokoin "claimed" to have raised $2.25m (cash) from Angels. (or marketing speaked their deception to that effect)

The "truth" (or getting nearer the truth) is,
nokoin may have raised $1m in angel funding. (we have no evidence)
nokoin may have raised $0.25m in seed funding. (we have no evidence)
But do nokoin really have $1m in "founders unpaid work"?
It appears not.

The "founders" are PAID for this unpaid work at launch, if I read correctly.
From the "wiki" http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#role-of-founders-amp-team
200 million sale-restricted coins are retained by the founders and other members of the NeuCoin Project team in exchange for contributing over $1,000,000 of unpaid work from March 2014 through the time of launch in the summer of 2015 (value of $.005 per coin).

So 200m nokoin for "contributing" $1m unpaid work. So now it's PAID?
If it is PAID, then you cannot say it is invested. It is NOT.

Also, it is PAID at HALF presale rate, $0.005, therefore the "founders" REALLY get PAID $2m. NOT UNPAID WORK AT ALL.

Coindesk, another "correction"?
How many other sites is this BS on?
The truth should be told, but that will never happen with nokoin.
One giant web of deceitful marketing speak BS

Still awaiting response from Sandrine Ayral.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:07:58 PM

Dart, I'm glad you're ok, really.
Still not seen through neucoin yet then? ok, no problem.

Me and Torrgeek are STILL trying to get our question answered,
"How many neucoin will the founders receive, in total, over the three years after launch, for $2.25m of work"
I know, terribly slack service from neucoin project isn't it, Torrgeek being a mod now and all that, You'd think neucoin project would clear this up wouldn't you?
I've only been asking a couple of weeks, but Torrgeek asked over 4 months ago. At least you used to try to answer, now ZILCH intelligence coming from neucoin. Just shills. and team members strange beliefs.

Magicking, (he will be running 2 foundations i believe, I cant get any fact here) thinks neucoin is comparable to a Fortune 500 company, well I suppose he's half right, the pay structure certainly is, even if the market cap isn't.

Did you know the founders will get at least(?) 1.2billion neucoin for work after launch, (funny how none of the 1.2billion are shown on the pie chart, at least 300m should be as they are set aside) Then there is all the "other" rewards for jango and stuff. Then there is all the foundation teams to pay. (Magicking?) (no pay details to be found)  neucoin didn't even raise the $2.25m cash they implied they did. That turned out to be $1.25m (If you believe that even)
Quite different to what neucoin have told us.

Magicking is telling us it doesn't matter how much the founders make, or what the real figures are, we should just shut up, believe, and ride the ponzi wave. I guess that's the official line now, don't ask just believe. I'm now wondering how a company with $1m market cap can sustain such high wage packets.

Ophelie, neucoins head developer seem to only want to talk about weather Jonadl can spell correctly.

Oh some good news, Baby mod still hasn't found this thread....  Luckily Roll Eyes

Haven't seen Dart in a while, or Magic king, or founders, or opheille...  or baby mod.
(nor has anyone on neucoin forum)
acorn the squirrel has taken over.

Does anyone know if the rodent now gets the founders 1.2 billion neucoin for work after launch?
Link please.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:56:04 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 01:36:16 AM by Gekko463

188 BTC, or less than 5% of the original 4000 some odd BTC raised in the ICO remain in the "MrNukes" wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Scam almost complete.  Stop looking at the NoKoins.  The BTC in the Seychelles is always where the scam was.

95% of startup capital gone in 4 months.  Quite a "burn rate".  Or just a nice windfall for the scammers who perpetrated this.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 03:52:32 PM

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/growth-account-growth-rate/1436/40

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/new-growth-account-reward-rates/2503

Additionally the regime gets all the rewards in case someone cancels the growth account before the end of the time period.
It's not pro rata temporis as you would expect from every honest mining undertaking - it's Neucon, where the team earns and all others pay.

slashdevslashnull

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:16:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/gZ6Jxtv.png

https://i.imgur.com/b1jhX4Y.png

Additionally the regime gets all the rewards in case someone cancels the growth account before the end of the time period.
It's not pro rata temporis as you would expect from every honest mining undertaking - it's Neucon, where the team earns and all others pay.

Its only for new growth accounts going forward.  Since the network shrunk with the PoW miners going away, they need more nodes to keep security up.  Do you disagree?
slashdevslashnull

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:34:07 PM

Response to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=944933.msg13966447#msg13966447

Hey Tempus, thanks for sleuthing 

Did the purchase of neucoin tokens not occur? I don’t know what that means.  Is a token the same as a coin?

On your second point, I don’t think there has been an annual review yet, so that remains to be seen. The distribution is so tight to angel investors, it may have happened.  I can’t really answer that. If there is an issue here, it can also be attributed to being behind schedule.

Third point and beyond: That is shitty. The launch was not ideal. This is one of their biggest blunders. These are all symptoms of a rocky start. 

As far as heavy-handed moderation of their forums goes, I wasn’t around to see what was going on. I’m the type that prefers openness and little to no moderating. They lose points for that.

I have been reading the neucoin.org forums recently and they do have  unusual moderating techniques where they close or remove threads after they’ve reached a resolution. I think of forums as an archive and that process strange.

I understand that the distribution of coins is HEAVILY centralized. I also understand why that’s a problem for this community. not an insult: its obvious to a relative layperson like me that crypto people are more cynical and skeptical than average. That can be very healthy to the yin/yang of society and for keeping entities like NeuCoin honest.

The distribution of coins should be no surprise to anyone. It was set up this way from the start. If the distribution rate is lower than expected, it’s my belief that this is related to a rocky start and not from them pulling a fast one on the community.

To that point, I think the rocky start has a lot to do with them over or under estimating, not sure which, this audience and threads or feedback like what we see here.

Taking a step back from the fact that this is a crypto currency we are discussing and instead looking at it as a business model, I don’t know, I think its a little interesting.  I’m not sure it will ever have a place in this community, but horses for courses and all that.

I’m ready to declare it the next big thing but I am also unable to declare it dead.

btw… any read on the current movement of coins post PoS switch?  There has been some activity.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:44:25 PM

This one is dying on Bittrex..  when will we see Neu on Poloniex ?

Have you at least tried this - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest ?
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:31:48 PM

This one is dying on Bittrex..  when will we see Neu on Poloniex ?

Have you at least tried this - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest ?

Most likely never (and that is good).

But it's a perfect fit for cryptsy  Roll Eyes Cheesy
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/NEU_BTC
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 11:22:46 PM

Its only for new growth accounts going forward.  Since the network shrunk with the PoW miners going away, they need more nodes to keep security up.  Do you disagree?

I disagree with the decision that punishing as a means to an end is the right way to do do it. Instead, it should be incentivized.

I agree with the fact that the network needs more nodes. But, even more importantly, it needs a better distribution of wealth between nodes. (PoS) minting nodes however don't contribute to security such as (PoW) mining nodes do. Mining requires to run a "full node" while minting doesn't, and there's no incentive to do it. Users/holders/minters mostly run "leech nodes" which is shit for decentralization, especially if the currency is not mineable.

darteous

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:07:17 AM

Squirrels that's where everything is going. Neucoins purpose is for squirrels to never go hungry so we buy up every acorn and give them to squirrels.... (For anyone new here, I'm just trolling our trolls. They keep coming around here, need to feed them something, otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with their time. Plus Rizz seems to have a thing for me, sorry Rizz the feelings not quite mutual, but best of luck finding the perfect trollee to make you happy.)

I posted here a week or two ago. Does it really matter to know who you're arguing with? What so you can see in the forum that he/she may have a few coins and thereby give you another bs point to make an attempt to discredit him? When the FUDing gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around. They were bringing up every piece of dirt they could find on peoples pasts that have nothing to do with neucoin. and being as these trolls add nothing to neucoin why would they waste their time here?

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt. Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom. You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:32:02 PM

Yawn. That grotesque rudeness is not suited to you. Nor me.
When did this start?

neucoin figures still don't add up.

coinmarketcap. neucoin supply, 199,000,000.

So, 100,000,000 presale,
~24,000,000 should have been released to "team".
~37,000,000 should have been released to founders and angels, if I remember.
(another 10,000,000 - 40,000,000 should have been released to founders for work after launch)
~6,000,000 should have been staked by presalers, (at ~ 50% of possible)
~25,000,000 PoW

Total = over 200,000,000 (even without the work after launch,  is ~ sum of "total coin supply")
All owned by presalers and team.

Where is the distribution to the masses?
Where is the distribution to the anyone?
(even Richie on bittrex said he'd distribute his neucoin, but nothing so far)

well over 1 billion due to be distributed this year?

rizzlarolla

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:03:21 PM

I’m ready to declare it the next big thing but I am also unable to declare it dead.

Wow, breaking news, newbie thinks neucoin might not be dead

(i'm presuming quote should read "I'm not ready to...? typo?)
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: