Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196154 times)
slashdevslashnull

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:28:27 PM

I’m ready to declare it the next big thing but I am also unable to declare it dead.

Wow, breaking news, newbie thinks neucoin might not be dead

(i'm presuming quote should read "I'm not ready to...? typo?)

That's right... typo.

Your mom doesn't think neucoin is dead.
slashdevslashnull

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:35:10 PM

I disagree with the decision that punishing as a means to an end is the right way to do do it. Instead, it should be incentivized.

yes, I can get on board with that thinking.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:03:47 AM

(...)

I posted here a week or two ago. Does it really matter to know who you're arguing with? What so you can see in the forum that he/she may have a few coins and thereby give you another bs point to make an attempt to discredit him? When the FUDing gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around. They were bringing up every piece of dirt they could find on peoples pasts that have nothing to do with neucoin. and being as these trolls add nothing to neucoin why would they waste their time here?    

I don't care with whom I discuss but if I would be a Neu-Investor I would ask myself why the hell somebody of the team believes that it's needed to hide his identity and use a sockpuppet-account. I also don't agree with your argumentation. In this thread are a lot of fundamental infos about Neucoin - about the tech and it's economy and you can bet everything you have that a lot of those concerns are also in the minds of Neu-Investors and supporters. They don't talk about it because they don't want to be branded as "Fudder" and they don't want to be banned from the official Forum and some maybe don't understand the problems, but your problem is: Those concerns have a base, they are justified and it's visible on the chart. The chart isn't a result of FUD. If that would be the case it also would show nothing but weakness. But the price is a result of fundamental flaws. And that's also the reason why it's not easy or even impossible to address them. With other words: Your claim that there is so much FUD in this Thread and that's the reason why nobody of the team shows up is pretext.

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt.

Use it for what? I mean, that's the big question, right? What does Neucoin offer? And what justifies the high price? What justified the even much higher ICO-price? The three foundations sitting on billions of Neucoin, which would be > 13 Mio Dollar. At the same time your Investors lost their money, the daily volume is about 1 BTC and on the buyside are 8.334 BTC.

And why? Because everybody who maybe would buy must fear that the team would sell. There is no natural way up because your team needs to distribute. With other words: Even if Neucoin would be a good project regarding the tech (and in my opinion it's not) and even if Neucoin would have something innovative (and in my opinion there is zero innovation) just the monster-inflation and the total lack of distribution avoids all buy-support. And that... will never change. It's a simple conclusion.

And you say that's better than every other alt? All the projects that are working on real innovation and with a healthy distribution and with communities that are not that damn unexperienced like those who write in the Neu-Forum? I don't mean that disrespectful regarding your community but it's what I see if I read there. I see naivety because of a lack of experience and knowledge. And just by the way: How many are there? You say there would be 20-30k new users but there are not more than maybe 10 who are active in the forum... Kind of hard to believe.  

Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom.

I don't know enough about Ethereum. But what I know is that they are hardworking and even if I'm not so sure that the project will be a success they are delivering and nobody can deny that Ethereum brought already a lot of innovation into Crypto.

I know a lot about Factom. And what I can tell you is this, just the latest news:

iSoftstone - about smart cities: http://www.factom.com/isoftstone-and-factom-announce-a-partnership-to-integrate-blockchain-technology-and-smart-city-solutions/

Ancun, chinese notarization-services: http://www.factom.com/ancun-and-factom-inc-announce-a-mou-for-the-integration-of-blockchain-technology-and-traditional-notarization-services-in-china/

And if you want to see how Paul Snow, the lead-Dev of Factom, communicates and defends Factom against FUD, you can take a look here:

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/lets-talk-about-factoms-repeated-lies-and-mistakes-per-cryptonaughts-request?page=2

As you can see he rebuts every single point of somebody I call a Factom-Troll. He and others of his team do the same on reddit. He answers questions everywhere, just one example: Somebody has a question about Factom and a competitor anywhere in the internet and he shows up there and answers the question: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/42900/what-are-the-key-differences-between-factom-and-tieron

Or Interviews... from yesterday: http://www.chrisdunn.com/how-factom-is-bringing-digital-currencies-to-business-governments-with-paul-snow/

Some days before he was at the Satoshi-Roundtable... Or take a look at their github: https://github.com/FactomProject/

Constantly working - obviously.

And if you take a look at the exchanges: Constantly > 200 BTC volume (just on Polo, often even more on the chinese exchange and it's on bittrex). My own profit is about x 6 and could be even higher by percentage if I would not constantly buy, also at the current price because I see a lot more potential.

With other words: If you really believe Neucoin has something useful to offer to the community, brings something into crypto that could be called innovative, it should be possible to handle FUD, right?

But it's obviously not. All what the team does is to switch to full PoS. With other words: It's all about hype and price-manipulation and we both know that the real price would be much lower without the buywalls of the team since the beginning. And that was not because of altruism it was to hide the fact that the ICO was totally overvalued. The current price is still totally overvalued. I mean, if we take the real total supply Neucoins marketcap would be at 17 Mio Dollar - after the price has fallen.

So, what does it show? Just greed. Whoever is responsible for Neucoins economically design was blinded by greed, totally naive.

You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.

You can talk and talk but if you don't talk about the crucial points, like how to handle the massive inflation and the totally lack of distribution, or just the question what Neucoin has to offer and why people should give money for it, your talking is pretty worthless. And it won't help to recommend a doctor or to give a diagnosis like zoophilia. It's meaningless. You have no arguments. And I can just speak for myself, but what I've said since my first post here became true. It was predictable because of the greed-design. And there is absolutely no way to solve the problem. You guys can manipulate the price a bit or even a bit more, but it won't help. And at (nearly) the same time I bought into Factom, just for example, and at a time when the price was at 0.0004 and because it was under the radar the price even went down to 0.0002 but I still bought. Why? Because there is real potential, real innovation, a serious and professional team and: no hype. Now the price is at 0.0023. I just say that because I can prove that I try my best to come to correct conclusions and it's no rocket science. I avoid projects like Neu and I buy innovation if I see a professional team behind it.

davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:49:44 AM

i give up long time ago with this coin! Marketing is a disaster... Neucoin forum before you post something have to be moderated
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:49:18 PM

Less than 80 BTC left:
https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

@tempus: very thorough, loved your post
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:47:29 AM

Squirrels that's where everything is going. Neucoins purpose is for squirrels to never go hungry so we buy up every acorn and give them to squirrels.... (For anyone new here, I'm just trolling our trolls. They keep coming around here, need to feed them something, otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with their time. Plus Rizz seems to have a thing for me, sorry Rizz the feelings not quite mutual, but best of luck finding the perfect trollee to make you happy.)

I posted here a week or two ago. Does it really matter to know who you're arguing with? What so you can see in the forum that he/she may have a few coins and thereby give you another bs point to make an attempt to discredit him? When the FUDing gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around. They were bringing up every piece of dirt they could find on peoples pasts that have nothing to do with neucoin. and being as these trolls add nothing to neucoin why would they waste their time here?

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt. Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom. You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.

Dart, can we at least get you to go publicly ask where all the bitcoins from the MrNukes wallet went?  There are less than 70 BTC left out of 4000.  In 4 months.  Go ask that in the Forum and see what the squirrel says.

Makingsure

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:07:35 AM

Squirrels that's where everything is going. Neucoins purpose is for squirrels to never go hungry so we buy up every acorn and give them to squirrels.... (For anyone new here, I'm just trolling our trolls. They keep coming around here, need to feed them something, otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with their time. Plus Rizz seems to have a thing for me, sorry Rizz the feelings not quite mutual, but best of luck finding the perfect trollee to make you happy.)

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt. Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom. You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.

"When the FUDing HARD QUESTIONS (fixed that for you) gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around." 
ya we see that with every scamcoin, happens everytime, everytime, they blame the community's questions and run lol
paytplay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:01:47 PM

I actually had to buy a few after this email hit me, maybe this coin is not a flash in the pan. 

NeuCoin to eliminate 50% of coin supply and
complete consumer distribution within three years

Three months after launch of its first consumer apps, NeuCoin has reached over 275,000 users and is growing at over 8,000 users a day, on track to acquire 2 million users by year-end 2016.

The NeuCoin foundations have determined that mass user adoption can be reached faster and with fewer tokens distributed than expected; therefore, to maximize NeuCoin’s value, the foundations’ holdings will be cut from 3.2B to 1B in the next several weeks by destroying 2.2B coins, decreasing the entire coin supply by 50%. A revised mining participation forecast puts expected total supply in 10 years at 10B rather than 100B as previously projected.

NeuCoin’s founding principle was distribution of the cryptocurrency to all participants in proportion to the value and utility they add. Over the past year, the NeuCoin foundations have distributed tokens in numerous ways:

Surveys, questionnaires, feedback programs and referral bonuses

Sale-restricted NeuCoins to the founding team, angel investors, service providers and strategic partners

A presale to the crypto-community in exchange for Bitcoin

Proof-of-stake and proof-of-work mining rewards

The GetNeuCoin tutorial-game and Growth Accounts at MyNeuCoin

The NeuCoin-integrated Facebook game Solitaire Racer

A tipping and user reward program with Jango, a free music site with 7M monthly users
This wide-ranging experience in distributing a cryptocurrency has taught NeuCoin valuable lessons:

Consumer fraud is a massive challenge! To combat fraud, user rewards must be small and even then require significant amounts of time to earn.

The clearest path to mass adoption is to partner with successful online services who would like to reward their users with NeuCoins for utilizing their service - like a loyalty point program. NeuCoin has implemented this type of program with Jango and is currently optimizing it in preparation for rolling it out with other large partners.

Important crypto ecosystem partners such as exchanges, payment processors, crypto-gambling services, etc. need to see a large NeuCoin user base, but don’t need to be given large NeuCoin bounties themselves.

In addition, over the past six months, members of the crypto community have raised two main critiques of NeuCoin’s design that the NeuCoin team and foundations consider valid:

Overall coin supply and future growth are too high 

Foundations own too much of the total coin supply for too long

Given all of the above, the NeuCoin foundations recently made several strategic decisions that are intended to increase the value of the cryptocurrency as well as accelerate its effective decentralization:

First and foremost, given the learnings that fewer coins need to be distributed per person to consumers, and that ecosystem partners do not require large rewards, the foundations will destroy 70% of their NeuCoin holdings over the next few weeks. This cuts the current total coin supply by roughly 50% to 2B and cuts the projected coin supply in 10 years to 10B (due to much lower projected proof-of-stake mining participation by consumers relative to the foundation’s 100% mining rate).

Second, user acquisition will be accelerated. Given the smaller number of foundation coins and the efficiency of NeuCoin’s simplified partner distribution program, the foundation will aim to distribute its holdings to consumers in 3 years rather than 10.

Third, given the sharpened focus on distributing foundation holdings almost entirely to consumers, the decision was made to merge the three NeuCoin foundations into one  - the NeuCoin Growth Foundation.

Lastly, in order to offset their increased percentage ownership of the total coin supply, the NeuCoin founders will forfeit the 200M NeuCoins they were to receive during the second and third year after launch, and all restricted coins held by NeuCoin founders, team, angel and seed investors will have their sales restrictions lengthened from 5 to 10 years.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:06:14 PM

I actually had to buy a few after this email hit me, maybe this coin is not a flash in the pan.  

NeuCoin to eliminate 50% of coin supply and
complete consumer distribution within three years

Three months after launch of its first consumer apps, NeuCoin has reached over 275,000 users and is growing at over 8,000 users a day, on track to acquire 2 million users by year-end 2016.

The NeuCoin foundations have determined that mass user adoption can be reached faster and with fewer tokens distributed than expected; therefore, to maximize NeuCoin’s value, the foundations’ holdings will be cut from 3.2B to 1B in the next several weeks by destroying 2.2B coins, decreasing the entire coin supply by 50%. A revised mining participation forecast puts expected total supply in 10 years at 10B rather than 100B as previously projected.

NeuCoin’s founding principle was distribution of the cryptocurrency to all participants in proportion to the value and utility they add. Over the past year, the NeuCoin foundations have distributed tokens in numerous ways:

Surveys, questionnaires, feedback programs and referral bonuses

Sale-restricted NeuCoins to the founding team, angel investors, service providers and strategic partners

A presale to the crypto-community in exchange for Bitcoin

Proof-of-stake and proof-of-work mining rewards

The GetNeuCoin tutorial-game and Growth Accounts at MyNeuCoin

The NeuCoin-integrated Facebook game Solitaire Racer

A tipping and user reward program with Jango, a free music site with 7M monthly users
This wide-ranging experience in distributing a cryptocurrency has taught NeuCoin valuable lessons:

Consumer fraud is a massive challenge! To combat fraud, user rewards must be small and even then require significant amounts of time to earn.

The clearest path to mass adoption is to partner with successful online services who would like to reward their users with NeuCoins for utilizing their service - like a loyalty point program. NeuCoin has implemented this type of program with Jango and is currently optimizing it in preparation for rolling it out with other large partners.

Important crypto ecosystem partners such as exchanges, payment processors, crypto-gambling services, etc. need to see a large NeuCoin user base, but don’t need to be given large NeuCoin bounties themselves.

In addition, over the past six months, members of the crypto community have raised two main critiques of NeuCoin’s design that the NeuCoin team and foundations consider valid:

Overall coin supply and future growth are too high  

Foundations own too much of the total coin supply for too long

Given all of the above, the NeuCoin foundations recently made several strategic decisions that are intended to increase the value of the cryptocurrency as well as accelerate its effective decentralization:

First and foremost, given the learnings that fewer coins need to be distributed per person to consumers, and that ecosystem partners do not require large rewards, the foundations will destroy 70% of their NeuCoin holdings over the next few weeks. This cuts the current total coin supply by roughly 50% to 2B and cuts the projected coin supply in 10 years to 10B (due to much lower projected proof-of-stake mining participation by consumers relative to the foundation’s 100% mining rate).

Second, user acquisition will be accelerated. Given the smaller number of foundation coins and the efficiency of NeuCoin’s simplified partner distribution program, the foundation will aim to distribute its holdings to consumers in 3 years rather than 10.

Third, given the sharpened focus on distributing foundation holdings almost entirely to consumers, the decision was made to merge the three NeuCoin foundations into one  - the NeuCoin Growth Foundation.

Lastly, in order to offset their increased percentage ownership of the total coin supply, the NeuCoin founders will forfeit the 200M NeuCoins they were to receive during the second and third year after launch, and all restricted coins held by NeuCoin founders, team, angel and seed investors will have their sales restrictions lengthened from 5 to 10 years.

BS

(I see what your thinking but.. founders 200m neucoin was conditional on voting being implemented. Will voting still be implemented? )

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 07:25:42 AM by tempus

(...)

I thought that they would do that ("burning coins") but it won't help because it doesn't show anything else than desperation and under the line it's a nice admission that they were wrong while we here were right from the beginning.

There are some points that should be considered:

If we calculate just what's on the market it's this:

Marketcap: about 880k Dollar

And that's still too much in my eyes for a project with that many flaws, without any transparency or just communication, and without any innovation. But the thing is: Even if they destroy 70% of their holdings there are still billions in the background and there is still a too high inflation-rate.

They say: "Three months after launch of its first consumer apps, NeuCoin has reached over 275,000 users and is growing at over 8,000 users a day, on track to acquire 2 million users by year-end 2016."

And sorry, but I absolutely don't believe that this is more than a blatant lie.

Think about this: The Poloniex-Exchange has about 120,000 Users (they don't show it anymore but it was about 100k by end of the last year). And the Neucoin-Team wants everybody to believe they have 275,000 and that they grow with 8000 Users a day? That would be another 240,000 per month!  

Everybody who thinks about that must come to the conclusion that this is a ridiculous lie. Poloniex has a 60,000 BTC-volume today in 24 hours, with their 120k Users and multiple projects on the exchange, mainly it's about Ethereum. Neucoin usually has a volume of not more than 1 BTC per day (today it's more because of the announcement, but not sure how much is real and how much is fake).

Or the forum: Every day 8000 new User but it's all the Superman-guy who tries his best to get ppl excited. Or here in this thread... no new users who would like to know what this is about? I mean, there should be at least 100 users of 8000 everyday who make an account on Bittrex or the official forum or here to speak about it, if they are so excited about Neucoin, right?

So, what is this (still) about? It's greed like it always was. Just 78 BTC left: https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

All what they want is to give incentives for buy-support and they still give a shit about their investors. They focus on the "value" of their own supply.

And a big problem won't ever change: There is too much proof for a totally lack of professionalism and integrity and transparency and innovation. I mean, every professional who would think 5 minutes about implementing Neucoin wherever, won't see the "coin-destruction" as "wow, great decision!". It will be seen as what it is: An admission that this project was doomed since day one because of greed. And it still shows nothing else but greed what they do now. And nobody with some experience and an IQ above room-temperature will believe in their 8000-new-user-per-day-claim. Count those who are active in the forum... maybe ten. Buy-support on Bittrex: 6.7 BTC.

So, I would be carefully with buying because of their newest idea to destroy coins. ;-)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:55:50 PM

Eth really a buzz eh

CoinFreedom

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:58:41 AM

The news of the huge coin burn brought me here but, for me, the biggest tell-tale sign of a crypto's health is the community in its forums and this coin seems pretty stagnant in that department. And seriously, nobody should believe their claims about their user numbers. All signs point to false.
CoinFreedom

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:19:56 AM

In fairness, I actually like their marketing strategy though. I'm a frequent Jango user (where I first heard about it, despite spending lots of time on crypto for the last few years) and just tried their Solitaire Racer Facebook game. It's things like that where the average person who knows nothing about crypto but has maybe heard of Bitcoin will start to connect the dots in their head and realize that Bitcoin might be useful for something.

They're making it extremely easy to use. "Do you like this song? Press this button to tip them with crypto." It doesn't get any simpler. "Do you like this game? Play more and earn this NeuCoin thingy" Suddenly people who had no interest in Bitcoin will see it as their way of cashing out their new found crypto token. As Bitcoin gains legitimacy it gets even easier to make the connection between loyalty token (NeuCoin) and real world goods and that's how value gets created.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:04:14 AM

In fairness, I actually like their marketing strategy though. I'm a frequent Jango user (where I first heard about it, despite spending lots of time on crypto for the last few years) and just tried their Solitaire Racer Facebook game. It's things like that where the average person who knows nothing about crypto but has maybe heard of Bitcoin will start to connect the dots in their head and realize that Bitcoin might be useful for something.

They're making it extremely easy to use. "Do you like this song? Press this button to tip them with crypto." It doesn't get any simpler. "Do you like this game? Play more and earn this NeuCoin thingy" Suddenly people who had no interest in Bitcoin will see it as their way of cashing out their new found crypto token. As Bitcoin gains legitimacy it gets even easier to make the connection between loyalty token (NeuCoin) and real world goods and that's how value gets created.

As a basic idea, I agree. If we, just as a theory, use a time-machine in the past and think about a project like Neucoin, it really could be interesting:

Easy to use for everybody, easy to "adopt", something like a "fun-way" to learn about and to get in touch with Crypto, micro-tipping, communication and education to involve unexperienced user, transparency, and so on.

It's nothing I would call very special or innovative but I wouldn't ever criticize a project with such a focus if it's done right. What would be needed for that? A stable base. The code and the economical-design must be stable, it needs a skilled and hardworking team and a lot of communication. And it would need decentralization! A project like that would only have the chance to reach real value as a community-project, with very low barriers to participate for everybody and also other Developers. It would not and should not be about greed, not all about the price. The price should reflect adoption, but shouldn't be the focus. It would be more an "education-fun-project". In fact there already is/was this kind of project: Doge. And just by the way: Neucoin wanted to repeat the success of Doge regarding adoption but with the intention to make big money out of it. The intention behind the squirrel is to establish a branding, something that is appealing in a simple way... it's the attempt to use simple advertising-mechanism. Nothing wrong with that, but if there is not more than some advertising-methods, there is still nothing.

And the problem is: Neucoin is bad for Crypto. Because for those who are really new to Crypto, Neucoin is a bad experience. Not just because of the money. It's simply not what they claimed it would be. It's not open and decentralized and fun and communication and education. It's a dictatorship, the team shows nothing but ignorance and arrogance and incompetence. And why? Because they acted out of greed! That was the focus since day one.

It's visible everywhere. Especially the economical-design is obvious. I mean, it's not just obvious, it's ridiculous. It is as if greed has lowered the IQ of those who are responsible for that. And it's a simple fact that greed makes people stupid. They develop stupid ideas blinded by greed. And some buy stupid projects blinded by stupid promises which are totally in contrast to the facts. It's not meant as critique to those who invested because some were just unexperienced but it's kind of stupid to feel married to a project that's not just totally flawed by design but also without any respect for those who gave there money.

And greed is also the reason for the lack of communication because it's too easy to reveal. It's easy to ask questions in a way that both, the answer or the silence, would be revealing. So they have to avoid communication and they have control communication. And both is obvious: They avoid communication in this thread because they can't control it. They control communication (and also avoid it) on their own forum. And isn't it paradox that they are not even able to make a better forum? I mean, a lot of little shitcoins have at least good communication-platforms. But they don't care about that because they don't like communication! It's kind of a psychological problem, because if I have something to hide I fear questions and if I fear questions I fear communications. That's why the communication is always "one-way". They say what they have to say but they don't discuss things. It's not that it would be too much work. They just can't do that because open discussions are a risk.

But, they are not even really aware about all those dynamics. They believed to be super-smart while they were blinded by greed.

That's the big red line and it's still visible. I mean, all the talking about Jango... Jango was only possible because of relationships. The same guy behind Neucoin is behind Jango. So what. It's just another advertising-attempt and not a sign of progress. And there is no natural way to grow because the design is totally flawed. Now they destroy coins which seems to make sense for the exchanges but a professional who thinks about adding Neucoin to his platform (if there would be anybody) will rethink that. The same with the switch to full PoS. It raises some questions but at the same time it also gives answers. It's all about the price and they still want to sell a product they make out of nothing because they hold nearly all of it, but without quality or a real philosophy behind.

My advice to those who invested in this is simple: Don't feel married to a project if the team behind doesn't show at least a little respect for your concerns. If I read in the official forum it's obvious for me that people have questions but also fear to ask those questions and to be critical. And it's understandable... they don't want to damage anything. But ask yourself if that atmosphere is in line with all the claims what Neucoin should stand for.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:25:46 PM

As a basic idea, I agree. If we, just as a theory, use a time-machine in the past and think about a project like Neucoin, it really could be interesting:

Easy to use for everybody, easy to "adopt", something like a "fun-way" to learn about and to get in touch with Crypto, micro-tipping, communication and education to involve unexperienced user, transparency, and so on.

It's nothing I would call very special or innovative but I wouldn't ever criticize a project with such a focus if it's done right. What would be needed for that? A stable base. The code and the economical-design must be stable, it needs a skilled and hardworking team and a lot of communication. And it would need decentralization! A project like that would only have the chance to reach real value as a community-project, with very low barriers to participate for everybody and also other Developers. It would not and should not be about greed, not all about the price. The price should reflect adoption, but shouldn't be the focus. It would be more an "education-fun-project". In fact there already is/was this kind of project: Doge. And just by the way: Neucoin wanted to repeat the success of Doge regarding adoption but with the intention to make big money out of it. The intention behind the squirrel is to establish a branding, something that is appealing in a simple way... it's the attempt to use simple advertising-mechanism. Nothing wrong with that, but if there is not more than some advertising-methods, there is still nothing.

And the problem is: Neucoin is bad for Crypto. Because for those who are really new to Crypto, Neucoin is a bad experience. Not just because of the money. It's simply not what they claimed it would be. It's not open and decentralized and fun and communication and education. It's a dictatorship, the team shows nothing but ignorance and arrogance and incompetence. And why? Because they acted out of greed! That was the focus since day one.

It's visible everywhere. Especially the economical-design is obvious. I mean, it's not just obvious, it's ridiculous. It is as if greed has lowered the IQ of those who are responsible for that. And it's a simple fact that greed makes people stupid. They develop stupid ideas blinded by greed. And some buy stupid projects blinded by stupid promises which are totally in contrast to the facts. It's not meant as critique to those who invested because some were just unexperienced but it's kind of stupid to feel married to a project that's not just totally flawed by design but also without any respect for those who gave there money.

And greed is also the reason for the lack of communication because it's too easy to reveal. It's easy to ask questions in a way that both, the answer or the silence, would be revealing. So they have to avoid communication and they have control communication. And both is obvious: They avoid communication in this thread because they can't control it. They control communication (and also avoid it) on their own forum. And isn't it paradox that they are not even able to make a better forum? I mean, a lot of little shitcoins have at least good communication-platforms. But they don't care about that because they don't like communication! It's kind of a psychological problem, because if I have something to hide I fear questions and if I fear questions I fear communications. That's why the communication is always "one-way". They say what they have to say but they don't discuss things. It's not that it would be too much work. They just can't do that because open discussions are a risk.

But, they are not even really aware about all those dynamics. They believed to be super-smart while they were blinded by greed.

That's the big red line and it's still visible. I mean, all the talking about Jango... Jango was only possible because of relationships. The same guy behind Neucoin is behind Jango. So what. It's just another advertising-attempt and not a sign of progress. And there is no natural way to grow because the design is totally flawed. Now they destroy coins which seems to make sense for the exchanges but a professional who thinks about adding Neucoin to his platform (if there would be anybody) will rethink that. The same with the switch to full PoS. It raises some questions but at the same time it also gives answers. It's all about the price and they still want to sell a product they make out of nothing because they hold nearly all of it, but without quality or a real philosophy behind.

My advice to those who invested in this is simple: Don't feel married to a project if the team behind doesn't show at least a little respect for your concerns. If I read in the official forum it's obvious for me that people have questions but also fear to ask those questions and to be critical. And it's understandable... they don't want to damage anything. But ask yourself if that atmosphere is in line with all the claims what Neucoin should stand for.

NeuCoin will most likely prosper to some extent if only due to the "raising tide" effect as the Altcoin market gets more and more attention. I don't necessarily agree with those who claim it was a scam from the beginning. I think it was started with good intentions by some team members and hidden agendas for others. Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
slashdevslashnull

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:36:35 PM

And sorry, but I absolutely don't believe that this is more than a blatant lie.

Think about this: The Poloniex-Exchange has about 120,000 Users (they don't show it anymore but it was about 100k by end of the last year). And the Neucoin-Team wants everybody to believe they have 275,000 and that they grow with 8000 Users a day? That would be another 240,000 per month!  

Everybody who thinks about that must come to the conclusion that this is a ridiculous lie. Poloniex has a 60,000 BTC-volume today in 24 hours, with their 120k Users and multiple projects on the exchange, mainly it's about Ethereum. Neucoin usually has a volume of not more than 1 BTC per day (today it's more because of the announcement, but not sure how much is real and how much is fake).

You are applying "house rules" to a coin that isn't playing by them. I find this thread myopic.

120K registered users or unique users checking in per month? There is a big difference. Poloniex doesn't compare to something with volume like Jango.com. NEU growth is linked to Jango.com usage and growth.  Do you have access to comscore? Compare Jango and Poloniex. You don't get fully accurate numbers but it is good for comparing the size of two sites. (Jango.com gets 10-20x as many unique visitors without counting mobile apps.)

slashdevslashnull

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:11:57 PM

The innovation is exactly the stuff you don't like, which means you overlook it as innovation. Nothing wrong with that, its a personal choice. You have to realize you are being highly altruistic in your requirements. Again, nothing wrong with, that but it lacks a little bit of pragmatism. What you are asking is very unlikely to occur without some monetary motivation (aka greed)

Ultimately the "decentralization" concern comes down to the PoS vs PoW argument. NEU will be centralized for a time. Neucoin is decentralizing its currency by paying them out to consumers as rewards. It is going to take a while but in reality is not any more BS than an average PoW model. (eth has an amazing PoW model, but I digress) There is a hidden PoW model in the neucoin approach. Instead of buying an expensive graphics card or ASIC and burning electricity to solve arbitrary problems, people frequent websites or create content.  Its human-based PoW. They then have the option to grow their coins by staking or using a growth account that functions just like a common CD.

Which of the two approaches do you think is the most inclusive of average consumers?

They've taken steps to address some of the major concerns raised here.  Decentralization will be accelerated and the number of coins will be greatly reduced. This coin is so young. Will you not have a different opinion many years from now when the coins have been distributed and are no longer centralized? It may not start trading well until that point, but I'd rather be staking a few coins in the meantime.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:15:23 PM

Is this coin real? Is it on any exchanges??

I participated in a bunch of the surveys & never received any emails related to the neucoin I was supposed to receive Sad
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:18:26 PM

The fundamentals of this pseudo-coin remain:
Lies, lies, lies, incompetence, single-server centralization, arrogance, disrespected deadlines, nonexistent distribution and nonexistent community.

And what I really despise the most: Daniel Kaufman the uber-scammer hiding behind sockpuppets instead of manning up.

This is a patchwork of wrong decisions at best, but more likely a purely greed-based failed scam.
CoinFreedom

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:29:39 PM

Wow. I'm surprised to see these responses. Its seems this thread is more alive than I thought. It's also quite clear to me that there's a lot of disappointment and distrust with the way the project has been managed and with communication in particular. Another thing I'd like to mention is about their numbers of users. I don't believe the amount of user engagement entailed in Jango NeuCoin tipping or Solitaire playing is worthy of being counted as the creation of a new "user". It's more like 'liking' a song or simply 'playing' a game. It doesn't really mean the listener or the player cares about the NeuCoin token. Some of them might, but it's misleading to count all participants as "users".

Anyway, I still like their approach to introducing new people to the world of cryptocurrency and I'm happy to see this tread isn't dead. There's another forum too by the way. http://forum.neucoin.org/
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: