Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:45:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
Bereon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

sorry. I am reading second time about this project. still cannot understood what it is about. Anybody can explain at least 3-5 sentences in normal language what it is about? Also, anybody can tell how big is dev team? is it 1-2 dev only?

https://steemit.com/tau-chain/@flis/the-vision-of-tau-chain-a-blockchain-based-self-amending-program-designed-to-scale-human-collaboration-and-knowledge-building

New channel Telegram    https://t.me/tauchain
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ders_a

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:13:08 PM

^^^ thank you for this link!

Is team of devs big or just 1-2 people? Overal, how you rank - -devs are active?

Bereon

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:54:40 PM

^^^ thank you for this link!

Is team of devs big or just 1-2 people? Overal, how you rank - -devs are active?

At the moment there is only one dev. Ohad Adsor, works alone, to finish the TML (base code of Tau), this year + Alfa discussions platform.

Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:17:51 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 01:38:28 PM by Eventine

sorry. I am reading second time about this project. still cannot understood what it is about. Anybody can explain at least 3-5 sentences in normal language what it is about? Also, anybody can tell how big is dev team? is it 1-2 dev only?

The FAQ gives a bit of information as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/tauchain/comments/7pngv6/tauagoras_faq_updated_jan_2018/
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:14:25 PM

are we in a cult of personality?

Notice the largest governance ICO to date was Tezos... What a disaster/

Can both theories and teams work on the one chain?

let is compete and indeed merge and fork and whatever.

I think both teams want to find truth and work ability and usability..

Lets not infight. But go back to the roots of exploration.

Can this work out?

8. Following that same line of reasoning I have decided to invest  my share of Agoras ( a share granted to me as having some key influences in the beginning and which was fully given to me by Ohad a while back) to help speed the development attempted by the Autonomic team. This move for lack of trust was perceived by Ohad as a betrayal . However I have constructed it (according to HMC suggestion) as a payment program that follow a milestones outline. In fact at that point I act as the treasurer of the Autonomic project.

Can HMC bury the hatchet?

The older gentleman?

Iam imagine if the team was back together. Diversity in opinion again being encouraged and relished..

Unity within disunity.

Or another tezos from trying to tackle governance..

or correct me if i am wrong and both these dicks are fighting over money??

Why doesn’t the autonomic project do an ico to raise money to fund their project?

One of the biggest problem of cryptocurrency is the lack of understanding of value , how it is created and how it is linked to a coin.
This problem carry on to the markets which does not reflect a rational value  since is using charts belonging to the fiat based stock-market and is mostly effected by traders who are used to that economy rules (but I will not address  the market issu on this reply)

On this reply I will address the issue of the Agoras token value and how the "Autonomic" branch of the project should increase that value, I will do that by mapping the evolution of the token:

1. 42,000,000 Coins where created by Ohad who is one of the two founders of the original Tauchain project.

2. These coins were issued to fund and eventually activate a platform named Zennet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.0 which Ohad started on his own and which was planned to enable decentralized contracts (for computing power at first) payed for by the token. The token sale started then and some initial investors already got in.

3.  HMC met Ohad around that time and both decided to  develop together the Tauchain which gives rise to the notion of the network being self-defining Sort of a "piece of code that download itself from github and execute it, again and again, while the code might be changed and do additional operations in the meanwhile. A Tau client downloads its own code from the root chain: it downloads a block, executes the code in it, and this code instructs how to download and run the next block. By that, the client understands the blockchain according to the network rules that were relevant at that point of time when the block was created. http://www.idni.org/blog/projectroadmap .

4. Ohad then decided that the original Zennet development would also move on to Tauchain and would be developed on the Tau rootchain as an app. For the investors that ment a delay in the actual execution of the token activated app, but for the price of developing  a much more advance autonomous ecosystem . On the way the investors gained the participation of a developer, some argue is at the top of his game.  His name on the bitcointalk forum is HunterMinerCrafter, which is how Ohad knew him and still is the only identity he goes by.    The tokens, now  named Agoras, moved on to the Tauchain projects and the sell continued under that new and more fundamental paradigm of a blockchain. While the root of that chain was never design to use or implement a token, Ohad affirmed his investors by committing to develop the Agoras activated app on the tauchian right after genesis of the Tauchain.

5. Once Tauchain was introduced by the two founders, Ohad and HMC, the new investors took on to the premise of that revolutionary self-defining network concept and invested in Agoras based on that.  

6. A dispute regarding the logic by which the underline language should be designed  resulted in a split leaving Ohad to lead the Tauchain development based on a new design while HMC with two other developers moved on to created Autonomic and continue executing the original design of the "old" Tauchain. They did not take any of the funds with them and did not commit to implement any app once genesis is achieved. iI terms of the investors half of the Tauchain effort that they invested in was no more funded by their investment.

7. Being involved in the project from the beginning ,( perceiving it as a crucial point to allow for a decentralized governing technology to be formed), I pleaded HMC and his team to ask for their share of the funds in order to support their branch of the development to create the rootchain on which the Agoras activated app would then be built. That request was also founded on Ohad's initial commitment to build the Agoras activated app on a chain that would prove to work. However this did not go well  since by that time the trust between the different developers reached an all time low.

8. Following that same line of reasoning I have decided to invest  my share of Agoras ( a share granted to me as having some key influences in the beginning and which was fully given to me by Ohad a while back) to help speed the development attempted by the Autonomic team. This move for lack of trust was perceived by Ohad as a betrayal . However I have constructed it (according to HMC suggestion) as a payment program that follow a milestones outline. In fact at that point I act as the treasurer of the Autonomic project.

9. To make sure that the Autonomic project will keep the vested interest of the Agoras Token holders  I have restricted all payment to be delivered in Agoras tokens as well as keeping all funds in Agoras token. This funding structure acts as insurance against a malicious damp while clearly incentive the Autonomic crew to work on behalf of the increased value to the Agoras tokens.

10. For the Angoras investors this move double the chance for return on their investment. Let me describe that in more details:
     A.  Assuming both chains would end up working out and on each a different Agoras based app would work then this would be like splitting the supply of the coins between two
          application. ( I hope that the math is clear to all Wink ) .
     B.  On the other hand since assuming a failure to construct a rootchain is an option , the chances for such failure, having two active teams working on two different approaches
          to this yet unresolved problem, just been reduced to half (I hope that this math is also clear to all Tongue).
     C.  I have great respect both for Ohad and HMC, I know both to be at the top of this game and to devote themselves for what they believe is the right way to achieve the same
          goal. However since both are yet to prove which is design is right. (maybe both would end up being complementary to each other) We as the investors are now put back in
          the position of gaining from the work of both teams despite the split and the distrust created along that fault line.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
LiskEnterprise

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:26:30 PM

- u guys have any funding?

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

This brunch (of the tauchian split) s now supported by the Agoras tokens as well.

The main developers of the original Tauchain Ohad and HMC have always been fully engaged with the project, however that engagement resulted in harsh disagreements which led to the split. The other two developers of the original tauchian, Koo and stoopkid  guided by HMC are now working on the autonomic branch drafting the milestones and estimated timeline.  

Haha it seems both of the original team want to end up like Tesla.

--------------------
Dead before they have an operating product.

Ego is a weapon easily triggered...

Great minds also have the weakest..

too introverted into them self.

If they do not get their shit together and reform the tech will come out later, i will look for it..

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
LiskEnterprise

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:29:14 PM

This project is really exciting... Feels like the next step of humanity really. Enabling semantic web and secure what is true and not. But it will be dwarfed  by other tech in the short term.

From what I've seen, no tech comes even close

If you mean in terms of hype or marketing, that's probably true in the short term. But as soon as Ohad completes the discussions platform things will definitely change.

What tech are they talking about?

Has a proto type been released?

Or these bots are just pushing hype?

Buzz words are not an actuality but a trick.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:09:27 PM

WTS 7.5k-15k AGRS (locked) tokens for 15% under Bittrex Bid. Ohad approved and asking as escrow. PM or msg on telegram, same user.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
NILIcoin

Activity: 638
Merit: 530

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:02:09 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:16:23 PM by NILIcoin

are we in a cult of personality?

Notice the largest governance ICO to date was Tezos... What a disaster/

Can this work out?

Can HMC bury the hatchet?

The older gentleman?

Iam imagine if the team was back together. Diversity in opinion again being encouraged and relished..

Unity within disunity.

or correct me if i am wrong and both these dicks are fighting over money??

No they can't!
After much debate regarding the very fundamentals of the chain, they still each assume a different logic framework. However the goal was and stayed the same for both teams regarding the requirements that the chain must satisfy eventually.

Now they also in disagreement on the stages that it takes to get there and if all stages are completely decentralized. So the gap is far to great to bridge for the two teams to work on the same chain. However the investors are that bridge since their investment is still funding the efforts of both teams  as it should be. (though is a concept that is hard to comprehend coming from the economics of a national currency monopoly).
Maybe will be useful to view that first from a consumer point of view as having two firm trying to get the best product, but then as a shareholder in both products which will benefit fro both success while is insured against a failure of one firm. Best deal ever for the investor, worst deal for the developer.

So no , they are not here for the money since if that was their goal they would have never split. way too much work having to compete and far more pressure for each team not talking about the personal price payed in getting to that point that lead to a split.

Can this work out?

That is what I try to do, and it should workout even if the disagreement continue.

Unity within disunity.

or correct me if i am wrong and both these dicks are fighting over money??[/b]

You got it better on the first try Smiley
they can not be back together , for unity they do not need to work together only our interest as investors should align. also there is no need to worry for a split in the community since both teams are working for all investor's interest .
Tezos is a result of making a lot of money over someone's else work and ideas without a deep enough understanding of what was behind these ideas.  And so is Cardano, on that by the way I can testify since I was the person introducing tauchain to Charles Hoskinson in person, back in march 2015 when he was still talking and working on totally other things.

Unlike Tezos and Cardano Tauchain and Autonomic are developed by the original thinkers and developers who came up with the concept to begin with. So they dont need hundreds of developers  and other team member to make up for the the lack of clarity in their goal, they can pretty much do it through their own work.
Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Did i invest in My fat Greek wedding part 3??? Jeezzzs christ
LiskEnterprise

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

No they can't!

So the gap is far to great to bridge for the two teams to work on the same chain. However the investors are that bridge since their investment is still funding the efforts of both teams  as it should be.

but then as a shareholder in both products which will benefit fro both success while is insured against a failure of one firm. Best deal ever for the investor, worst deal for the developer.

Can this work out?

That is what I try to do, and it should workout even if the disagreement continue.

Unlike Tezos and Cardano Tauchain and Autonomic are developed by the original thinkers and developers who came up with the concept to begin with. So they dont need hundreds of developers  and other team member to make up for the the luck of clarity in their goal, they can pretty much do it through their own work.

Will both dev teams verify that.

That regardless of technical and other views they are working through to create two competing products all under the same investors umbrella?

Lets not end up like Core and Cash.

I do believe both side elucidate that this was not either of their idea and so i wonder who was the original thinker??

SO financially will it work out that Tau records the AGR holders and at release point an airdrop will occur from the automic team?

Is this what you have in mind? Or what is the funding process here?

It would be awesome if the two teams had over-management and released the chain and it forked on block 2 after genesis. So perhaps there can be some technical UI UX combined dev work while the logic and processes then slit in the fork.

Dao
Tau

chains...

GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:04:10 AM

Can anyone provide a recent update. What is new since the code released?

KeyMaster

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:57:33 AM

There would be updates if there is. For now you should read irc chat check it daily if you really want to be updated everyday and the chat is public.
Elorpar

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:10:42 PM

NO BITTREX ANYMORE, DELISTING ON MARCH 9th

SELLING PANIC

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1576620
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:49:17 AM

as i wrote on irc right after the phone call with bittrex was finished,
and after a week or two of a process of passing their legal due-diligence and mutually signing a listing contract afterwards which made me think it's all over,
they told me (a nice girl who didn't seem to know anything about the project) that they don't allow pre-sale tokens, but only tokens that are actually used over the running promised platform. as such they'll happily list us once the tokens are used. they also delist maidsafe at the same opportunity, which is another omni token, and the omni foundation is trying to negotiate with both bittrex and additional exchanges.
that's all today's news, no more, no less.

[this reminded me the old plans of using the tokens over the alpha already (some limited use)]

Tau-Chain & Agoras
hlopchik3000

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

more exchanges?
gunailei

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:33:57 PM

as i wrote on irc right after the phone call with bittrex was finished,
and after a week or two of a process of passing their legal due-diligence and mutually signing a listing contract afterwards which made me think it's all over,
they told me (a nice girl who didn't seem to know anything about the project) that they don't allow pre-sale tokens, but only tokens that are actually used over the running promised platform. as such they'll happily list us once the tokens are used. they also delist maidsafe at the same opportunity, which is another omni token, and the omni foundation is trying to negotiate with both bittrex and additional exchanges.
that's all today's news, no more, no less.

[this reminded me the old plans of using the tokens over the alpha already (some limited use)]

I think USDT is the pre-sale tokens too.

Bittrex must to delist it.
maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

Well this is crappy news to hear about Bittrex. How many exchanges even allow OMNI assets? So Agoras is just on the one asian exchange now?
Shoxc

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:16:45 PM

Regarding the bittrex delisting: are there any recommended wallets I could transfer my funds to?
maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:51:33 PM

Regarding the bittrex delisting: are there any recommended wallets I could transfer my funds to?

There is only the omni wallet and you need BTC to hold an omni asset. I believe it works with the web wallet but is best if you do a full node (better start your download now).
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: