Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309526 times)
AEA

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

I feel like we are going to hear the same thing a year from now, just like we heard the same thing last year. (Please go look at the posts from last year, it's people complaining about the same shit we are now. And back then, there wasn't a major increase in price like we had in this recent pump and dump. Also he said he would raise prices 10x in july so he can focus on building the product, yet he isn't raising the prices. He said the same thing last year too, but he didn't keep his word. Why does he keep flip-flopping?)

Someone remember this post next year when he quits this project and tells people it's trash.

From my understanding, Ohad is doing a horrible job. All of you guys are putting blind faith in him. I was willing to give him a chance but seeing some of his posts from last year, he's doing the same thing over again without any progress.

For the love of my investment, can someone tell me WHY I should not worry?
If you feel like that take your loss and sell, nobody cares if you worry or not.

Medstudent has valid points though. Medstudent it all comes down to whether you trust Ohad or not. That's all. You either trust him with you money or you don't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 06:56:55 PM

Also he said he would raise prices 10x in july so he can focus on building the product, yet he isn't raising the prices. He said the same thing last year too, but he didn't keep his word. Why does he keep flip-flopping?)

i cannot see how this makes sense. what did i promise a year ago regarding the price? and why stopping sale isnt better than price increase? when did i ever break any promise?

Tau-Chain & Agoras
martellalex

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:10:52 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 07:21:23 PM by martellalex

The more I think about it the more I think there is a need to honour the June spreadsheet prices AND have a lock up, especially for the "tentative" sale.  Disclaimer, I contributed to the "tentative" sale and bought some on market, at a loss currently.

The reason is that any price that Ohad mentions here will risk dropping the price on Bittrex.  I wouldn't  have a problem with that per se, I'm in for the long haul, except that buying on market (which is rational if the price is at or below the direct price) delivers cash to a trader, not to Ohad or the Tau project.  Very bad for everyone, except perhaps short term traders!

If you lock up the coins though, there will hopefully (although not guaranteed) be a period where the Bittrex price should trade above the direct sale price, because the Bittrex AGRS are unncumbered, thus making it easy and rational for those of us who are fine to forego near term liquidity on Bittrex and buy at a cheaper (though less liquid) price directly.

So -  I propose a one month lock up with June prices and suggest Ohad set a date in clear UTC time by which we give him a YES / NO decision on clear price, lock up time, and supply available terms  after which the decision is irreversible and if he doesn't hear back he refunds the contribution.

Allocation % of supply can fluctuate (not price per AGRS tho) depending on final decisions received by the cut off date.  But to do this we need clarity as to what total supply is available for the tentative sale.

Thoughts?

dont give a fuck about your loss

Thoughts? you're crying to get some cheap coins.
Just buy in bittrex

Trust me I'm tempted, Bittrex price is looking really attractive.  But then neither Ohad nor Tau get that cash, some random trader does.  Like maybe you?  No gracias Smiley. I'd rather fund the project!

P.S. the disclaimer was meant for transparency, it's not a complaint in any way
Winslow Strong

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:33:33 PM

there's a huge rationale in going back to june prices for the tentative buyers. but there are also completely uninformed people like the guy above, who innocently bought on bittrex during the hype done by who knows who, even though it was a "fast money" kind of act, still going back to june prices may make them lose even more, at least in the short term. intentional loss, even if made against gamblers, is something to be very well considered. again i'm open for suggestions.

Ohad, you are not responsible for market price fluctuations, or the decisions investors make.  You ARE responsible for upholding prices that you put out in writing, especially after collecting the money for the sale. 

Anyway, any losses due to selling at June prices won't last, assuming the project moves along.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:37:59 PM

there's a huge rationale in going back to june prices for the tentative buyers. but there are also completely uninformed people like the guy above, who innocently bought on bittrex during the hype done by who knows who, even though it was a "fast money" kind of act, still going back to june prices may make them lose even more, at least in the short term. intentional loss, even if made against gamblers, is something to be very well considered. again i'm open for suggestions.

Ohad, you are not responsible for market price fluctuations, or the decisions investors make.  You ARE responsible for upholding prices that you put out in writing, especially after collecting the money for the sale.  

Anyway, any losses due to selling at June prices won't last, assuming the project moves along.

yes that's right. but the "intentional loss" by selling in lower price (around third the market price) will harm all holders

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Winslow Strong

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:52:43 PM

Im trying to make the difficult decision about whether to invest in this project or not.  I appreciate what this project is trying to achieve, and how awesome and ambitious that is. I'm fascinated and excited. I really want it to succeed.  But I'm also scared by how this project is being managed. 

I'd appreciate it if Ohad or anyone else knowledgeable could help fill in some concerns that I (and I suspect others) have.

• Is Ohad working on this alone? 
  • If anyone else is collaborating can they vouch for the project's progress?
  • Are there any plans to hire more team members (not just for website, marketing, etc, but for development) with the now large amount of raised funds?
  • Ohad has been working on this full time for awhile now (years?).  The Github code hasn't been updated since Dec 2016.  What has been going on in the interim?
  • Ohad mentioned we are now way beyond "Phase I."  What phase are we in?  Are these written somewhere? Roadmap?
  • When will the rest of the coins be sold?

Winslow Strong

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:56:21 PM

Ohad, you are not responsible for market price fluctuations, or the decisions investors make.  You ARE responsible for upholding prices that you put out in writing, especially after collecting the money for the sale.  

yes that's right. but the "intentional loss" by selling in lower price (around third the market price) will harm all holders

It was the market's decision to shoot up to >$1 pricing while we were still in the month of June and hence June sale prices still applied.  You aren't responsible for the market doing that, or for those who decided to buy at those prices.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:03:44 PM

• Is Ohad working on this alone? -- no
  • If anyone else is collaborating can they vouch for the project's progress? -- come to irc
  • Are there any plans to hire more team members (not just for website, marketing, etc, but for development) with the now large amount of raised funds? - there's enough funds for completing all promises. for recruitment plans need to be in irc
  • Ohad has been working on this full time for awhile now (years?).  The Github code hasn't been updated since Dec 2016.  What has been going on in the interim? - you can get updated with the recent work on our irc
  • Ohad mentioned we are now way beyond "Phase I."  What phase are we in?  Are these written somewhere? Roadmap? - where? maybe i meant for 60% of tokens being sold
  • When will the rest of the coins be sold? - after tau/alpha is ready

Tau-Chain & Agoras
IggySe7ven

Activity: 464
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:06:20 PM

Notice how A had doesn't address any direct questions that are being asked  and just tip toes around the issue. True scammer. Answer peoples question .
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

Notice how A had doesn't address any direct questions that are being asked  and just tip toes around the issue. True scammer. Answer peoples question .

ask me anything you cannot find an answer to in my last 30 "recent posts"

Tau-Chain & Agoras
IggySe7ven

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:09:02 PM

He claims the hype was by who knows who but if you scroll through June posts he was the one hyping it up ... Are u people freaking blind and can't see his manipulation.
IggySe7ven

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:11:33 PM

sell your tokens then.  I am buying on the dip thank you very much- so yours will be picked up quickly.  The investors asked Ohad to not release the white paper due to copycats.  Having seen at least one entity copy his writings, I think this is a good idea.   
Which investors show me? Are we not investors . stop lieing. If u read quotes I posted of him he is not releasing anything according to him because its too complicated to explain. Read June posts or my quotes of him.
Winslow Strong

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:13:10 PM

Dear Ohad,

Thank you for answering those questions.  I will come to the IRC channel to seek more info.

Re: the tentative sale,  I'm still hoping to be able to let my funds stay invested in this project, as it is brilliant and potentially revolutionary. But also, recognizing that this is a very risky project, and we are extremely reliant on trusting you for all aspects of it, I will ask for a full refund if the June pricing isn't upheld. This is because I wouldn't be able to trust you to keep your word.  

If you are willing to uphold your written June prices, then a few further questions should be made explicitly clear in writing:

• What is the deadline (date, time timezone) for the tentative sale participants to let you know if they want their BTC refunded?
  • What is the price for immediately available IDNI AGRS unlocked tokens?
  • Are you upholding the June bulk purchase discount rates (as % discount from price above)?
  • What is the exact discount for tentative sale participants who opt to lock their tokens?
  • What event or date will cause you to unlock and issue the locked tokens?

Thank you.
iCoinWatch

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:18:59 PM

Ohad do you believe the current value on the open market is lower than it should be?

As long you are believer that the valuation is low for the future, I will keep buying more.

And people should realize that there is a big difference in a correction and consolidation.

If ohad agrees the valuation is currently to low for what he is building this is just a consolidation period in the market. If he feels like the price right now is a fair valuation then this is indeed a correction. Because the price has corrected back to it's real value. Imo this has been a consolidation period since Bitcoin traders took their weekend profits. Chart has made new support levels which is healthy in trading. RSI is still saying it's oversold.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:22:13 PM

Re: the tentative sale,  I'm still hoping to be able to let my funds stay invested in this project, as it is brilliant and potentially revolutionary. But also, recognizing that this is a very risky project, and we are extremely reliant on trusting you for all aspects of it, I will ask for a full refund if the June pricing isn't upheld. This is because I wouldn't be able to trust you to keep your word. 

then i can decide to refund 100% of the tentative sale and everyone will be happy because i keep my word, according to your logic

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:23:29 PM

Ohad do you believe the current value on the open market is lower than it should be?

As long you are believer that the valuation is low for the future, I will keep buying more.

And people should realize that there is a big difference in a correction and consolidation.

If ohad agrees the valuation is currently to low for what he is building this is just a consolidation period in the market. If he feels like the price right now is a fair valuation then this is indeed a correction. Because the price has corrected back to it's real value. Imo this has been a consolidation period since Bitcoin traders took their weekend profits. Chart has made new support levels which is healthy in trading. RSI is still saying it's oversold.

i believe that the potential market of agoras is trillions given wide adoption of the product. is tens or hundreds more than the potential market of any other crypto project.
can think of it the following way: i got a world war here because i dont want to sell anymore coins.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
iCoinWatch

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:29:12 PM

i believe that the potential market of agoras is trillions given wide adoption of the product. is tens or hundreds more than the potential market of any other crypto project.
can think of it the following way: i got a world war here because i dont want to sell anymore coins.

Thank you, that is what we needed to hear. Since I'm assuming English isn't your first language the message has become lost in translation.

The only thing people needed to know is you don't have to raise anymore money. You don't want to raise any more money.

That's all we needed to hear.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:31:39 PM

i published long ago several times (at least +1y ago) that there's enough money to fulfill all promises.
so for tentative buyers who consider refund, it's not unhelpful, but helpful. don't be shy

Tau-Chain & Agoras
iCoinWatch

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:35:11 PM

i published long ago several times (at least +1y ago) that there's enough money to fulfill all promises.
so for tentative buyers who consider refund, it's not unhelpful, but helpful. don't be shy

Unfortunately there is over 100 pages so 100% due diligence is hard to do.

But thanks for the clarification, now I have my first long term position.

For anyone with open sell orders, you heard the man. Don't settle for peanuts.
Leaflion

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:52:16 PM

Ohad,

Will there be a product ready to be tested by the end of the year? (December).
A yes or no would suffice, so I can decide when to invest.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: