Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359437 times)
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:32:14 AM

This might be a stupid question but did the minimum staking age for CBX lower? I'm just wondering if the min age is still 30 days or not? Thanks

With PoSP min age has become irrelevant; basically it's one hour! You receive PoSP gains when the amount of CBX you have versus how long you have been staking justifies a PoSP payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:36:01 AM

This might be a stupid question but did the minimum staking age for CBX lower? I'm just wondering if the min age is still 30 days or not? Thanks

With PoSP min age has become irrelevant; basically it's one hour! You receive PoSP gains when the amount of CBX you have versus how long you have been staking justifies a PoSP payment.

Oh AWESOME!! That's cool to know thanks mate!! Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:55:03 AM

Hey IMZ, thanks for the response - good to get some back and forth going Smiley

if if if the implementation of anonymity is done well, and is within the capabilities of our dev team, then CBX would have a feature that gives it leverage over many other 1.0s.
We think – apart from CBX being a fine coin with a fine community – that 1.0 communities must take the fight to the 2.0s. Now. And hard.

I think we already have a major advantage over others coins with the implementation of truly decentralised security in our network - its a hard problem that no one as of yet has been able to solve successfully - until CBX. Does forcing anonymity into CBX make it a 2.0 coin just because all the others are doing so? I don't honestly believe it does, if anything it taints CBX's legitimacy factor in favour of potentially shady practices / uses - and we want to be as far away from that as possible.

Certainly I’d be thrilled to trade ETH/CBX, that is, 2.0/stealth.

So would I Smiley

And we remain staunchly committed to ‘currency function.’ Nothing to do with buying weed. ‘Store of wealth’ doesn’t cut it. All currencies are ipso facto ‘store of wealth.’

The way that CBX is fundamentally set-up pushes it into the store of wealth category. "The digital prestigious mental" as its been referred to previously; you would not go do your shopping with gold bullion, you would use a 'every day' currency like BitCoin. The total number of coins in existence is (comparatively) low, a currency requires high (but finite) liquidity for maximum utility. PoSP encourages users to buy large amounts of CBX and leave them in a staking wallet 24/7 not spend them - akin to locking your bullion up in a bank and watching it appreciate in value - only with CBX you also help secure the network at the same time.

The cryptosphere is so full of competitors the only way coins can survive is to (like any small company) identify a niche in the market and be the best at fulfilling that niche. Bitcoin has the 'every day' currency niche, Dash (renamed from DarkCoin to help legitimise it) has the anonymity niche, Ethereum has the 'platform' niche and CBX should continue to fulfil the investment / store of wealth niche with its low inflation, rare unit, high security investment based operating model.

PS: PoSP is open source and after (if) everyone adopts the technology we go back to being just another face in the cloud (with or without anonymity - it makes no difference in differentiating us from all the other anon coins)

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 09:12:30 AM

Personally I think "anonymity" may be an unhealthy distraction for this coin.  As many have already stated before me, there are too many coins that attempt this.  CBX should stick with what it's good at, PoSP.

Focus on being amazing at one task and I believe PoSP is the most unique feature of CBX.  Build volume, such as using Promotion Cards package with eCommerce sales or other forms of advertising.  The devs were nice enough to mail me a package of Promotion Cards which I include with all my electronic sales on Amazon, eBay, Bitify, Craigslist, LetGo, WallaPop, etc.

It makes my customers happy to receive free crypto and it's a great way to gain interest, especially for newcomers to crypto - which there are quite a few with Bitcoin surpassing $400 over the past few months.

Just my two cents and personal experience as a small business with a handful of employees.

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:57:38 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 02:25:55 PM by elambert

Thank you all for the great discussion and feedback! I can't express how nice it is to have a lively debate and melding of the minds as we release a new version of the Vault and share plans for the upcoming year. It invigorates us to continue working hard knowing that the community is not only following what is going on, but participating and contributing to CBX’s growth and betterment.

It is agreed, we need to keep a sharp focus on PoSP. The next step of that, as outlined in the 2016 plan, is to make CBX easier to obtain and to make 24/7 staking simple for all to participate in. The Pi Project is specifically designed to work to meeting these objectives and does so in a manner that results with the welcomed byproduct of upward price pressure on CBX.

Additional to this however is to continue to attract new users without detracting from our existing user base. New features, such as anonymity, can help with this but the positives must outweigh the negatives and judging from preliminary feedback, this is not sounding like the case.

However, with regard to the storage of wealth versus everyday spending medium debate... Can we loosen up on strict borders of separation and find a middle ground where we can “continue to attract new users without detracting from our current user base”? In other words, is it critical that we specify and limit CBX to only be used for one or the other?

The truth of the matter, as far as I see it, is that CBX can fill both of these roles. Running a pi device for 24/7 staking requires a full node and is a special setup that fits the ‘storage of wealth’ niche. But, at the same time, we have a lightweight Mobile setup option that fits the everyday spending medium niche. The mobile Vault does not allow one to stake but does allow one easy access to CBX for payment of goods and services. Assisted by CBX’s 10x faster than Bitcoin transaction time, I see no reason CBX cannot be used for this purpose.

Personally, I want to use my CBX for both purposes and I think CBX works well in both of these roles.

avariahb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:11:19 PM

I won the last crypto clans tournament on www.rivaloption.com
Register for the next free tournament to defend the title
It is also a good way to advertise for CBX inviting others cryptocurrency

I will use the 100MBTC I won to place an ad in the tournament

you prefer

or

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 01:03:52 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 02:02:41 PM by BitcoinFX

Uuugh can't sleep :/ Hey IMZ, fair enough, good point Smiley

OK, 4:41am discussion time:

Do we really need / want to implement anonymity in CBX?

Anonymity is (and has been) a buzzword for a while in the cryptosphere, many coins / communities seem to have developed this pressing requirement for it as it supposedly hugely increases their coins utility. As result there has been a mad rush to implement anonimity through a number of quite convoluted systems of coin tumbling / chain mangling / transaction grouping to achieve it, perverting what WAS a very eloquent system for maintaining a distrobuted ledger.

Now, I do agree that it is good to have the option for anonymous transaction system when dealing with a currency, however does this really fit with what we want to achieve with CBX?

Would our development efforts not be better focused on hardening our vault to ensure that our investment is always secure - we are going for a ‘store of wealth’ here remember not a day to day currency for Jake down the road to buy his weed with.

CBX is currently leading the way in terms of decentralised security, with my investors hat on I would like to see more additions to our network / client that improve security, examples might include:

+ Enhanced fork protection
+ Wallet bakup / auto restore if corrupt
+ Hard wallet encryption
+ Signed certificate authentication
+ Code signing
+ 2fA wallet unlocking
+ Pen testing reports on new software versions

etc...

Basically locking down the wallet in case of compromise and provideing a higher level of confidence that my money is safe; staking away in my 24/7 internet connected wallet.

We do not (should not) need to follow the masses down the anonymity rabbit hole, entering the anonimity game will put us back in competition with the zillions of other coins out there and soak up massive amounts of dev time better spent on makeing CBX as good / secure as it can be.

We NEED to push legitimising CBX to attract investment and participation in our network security model, investment needs trust - and the more open and transparent we are the better we look as a long term investment opportunity for the big players out there Smiley

FR

I concur with this. The main focus for CBX should remain firmly on security, over privacy and anonymity features.

PoS coins (arguably) offer much less transaction anonymity when compared with PoW coins anyhow. The actual process of staking in fact continually relinquishes a wallets (users) anonymity to the blockchain, coupled with the fact that most people will acquire their coins though exchange purchases, which is far from ideal in terms of true anonymity to begin with.

All of the crypto-currency obfuscation systems in existence, to date, still cannot fully prevent the two main factors that can be used by a strong adversary to identify or to track an individual. These factors remain (1) acquisition (i.e. the trail of where your coins came from or how you originally acquired them) and (2) storage (i.e. your actual balance on a specific address and how it changed over time with regards to transactions, regardless of any obfuscation efforts). At best, users might gain only some plausible deniability.

As satoshi stated, Bitcoin can provide reasonable anonymity and privacy if it's used correctly i.e. you might mine PoW coins to a fresh wallet address, over Tor, at a .onion enabled pool (such as eligius or mmpool, for example), only ever connecting the wallet via Tor, making transactions that don't identify you personally (which is practically impossible in reality, being the you are most likely the recipient of any goods or services etc.,) and then abandoning said wallet / address entirely.

It could also be argued that using 3rd party mixing services is actually bad for your anonymity!

In regards to CBX, privacy and pseudo-anonymity can help to provide some users with added security or just simply increased accessibility. Being able to run your PoSP (PoS) wallet over Tor to known (trusted) addnode=.onion addresses can be of benefit to some users. Quite simply in just getting better connectivity.

Dual stack nodes are the way to go, with around 8 to 10 known (published) addnode=.onion addresses for CBX nodes being made available. This would allow CLIENTS to only utilize addnode=.onion connectivity over Tor for best anonymity / privacy / network connectivity.

So, SOCKS5 proxy=127.0.0.1:9050 (port 9150 for TBB) , onion=127.0.0.1:9050 (again, port 9150 for TBB) and/or onlynet=onion compatibility features being included in a future CBX wallet release.

Reference: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

-onion=<ip:port> Use separate SOCKS5 proxy to reach peers via Tor hidden services (default: -proxy)
-onlynet=<net> Only connect to nodes in network <net> (ipv4, ipv6 or onion)
-port=<port> Listen for connections on <port>

It is also important to consider correct Port connectivity settings over Tor, which often requires both client and server correctly forwarding addnode=.onion connectivity to a Tor friendly port:

Reference: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy

Nodes don't need to be run as Tor Relays or Exit Nodes, they just need to correctly transition traffic to Tor friendly .exit ports from other Tor Exits Nodes.

I have in fact already started a Linux Tor guide for Bitcoin here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374919.0 - in regards to the new functionality in Bitcoin Core 0.12.0 .

I would be able to set up dual stack addnode=.onion's dedicated to CBX, and provide a guide for others to follow, although it is unlikely to be something I would undertake without community / developer support (both financial and/or free as in beer), as it effectively requires maintaining and running more than 4 dedicated CBX nodes on cloud servers. The other nodes need to be run by community members, anonymous or otherwise, as one individual running all nodes is certainly not a decentralized approach!

Cheers!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:41:45 PM

CBX is currently leading the way in terms of decentralised security, with my investors hat on I would like to see more additions to our network / client that improve security, examples might include:

+ Enhanced fork protection
+ Wallet bakup / auto restore if corrupt
+ Hard wallet encryption
+ Signed certificate authentication
+ Code signing
+ 2fA wallet unlocking
+ Pen testing reports on new software versions

etc...

Basically locking down the wallet in case of compromise and provideing a higher level of confidence that my money is safe; staking away in my 24/7 internet connected wallet.

We do not (should not) need to follow the masses down the anonymity rabbit hole, entering the anonimity game will put us back in competition with the zillions of other coins out there and soak up massive amounts of dev time better spent on makeing CBX as good / secure as it can be.

We NEED to push legitimising CBX to attract investment and participation in our network security model, investment needs trust - and the more open and transparent we are the better we look as a long term investment opportunity for the big players out there

Very well said FiniteRed. I agree with this direction.

Developer resources are of course limited. If we have community members willing to assist, please do not be bashful and step up. This is applicable to any sets of skills community members have. If you have time and want to get your hands dirty and help out, we have plenty of opportunities for you to help.

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:11:25 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 07:46:24 PM by VonSpass

Tagalog thread started for CBX (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1382433.msg14060023#msg14060023), and it`s quite alive already!

Welcome socks435 to our team, as liaison to the Philippines!
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:43:11 PM

So it sounds like the majority is against implementing an anon solution. I will go ahead and add a poll at the top of the thread to get a better idea.

Also, what do you guys think of the dark skin and the toggle between dark and light?

I know when we switched to the light skin, there was an outcry of disgust that actually got far more attention from the community than PoSP - which was released in the same version lol.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:05:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 12:03:10 AM by IMZ

Well, not implementing anonymity certainly won't dampen my enthusiasm; and not overloading one's devs is the clever long-term strategy.

And the Philippines! Woo hoo! That's in IndiaMikeZulu's trading-time zone! Welcome, Socks435.
BitTyro

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:19:57 AM

I have downloaded the CBX wallet for mac and it has been synchronizing with the network for like an hour now. Does it really take this long to synchronize?

EDIT:
I'm still at 64% after 1 hr and 20 mins.  Angry
Agaguk24

Activity: 242

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:24:37 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 03:45:25 AM by Agaguk24

I have downloaded the CBX wallet for mac and it has been synchronizing with the network for like an hour now. Does it really take this long to synchronize?

EDIT:
I'm still at 64% after 1 hr and 20 mins.  Angry

If you have just launched the Vault for the first time on your Mac, your Vault might have fewer connections so it will synchronize slower until it discovers more connections (you should have 6 to 8 connections for a healthy network contact).

Also, have you downloaded, decompressed and used the Bootstrap files?

If you have not used the Bootstrap files, synchronizing with CBX could take more than 3 days; here is a guide on using the Bootstrap files http://forum.cryptobullion.io/index.php?topic=1455.0

(On a Mac, wallet.dat files are in this folder: ~/Library/Application Support/CryptoBullion/wallet.dat)

BitTyro

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:50:08 AM

EDIT:

If you have just launched the Vault for the first time on your Mac, your Vault might have fewer connections so it will synchronize slower until it discovers more connections (you should have 6 to 8 connections for a healthy network contact).

If you have not used the Bootstrap files, synchronizing with CBX could take more than 3 days; here is a guide on using the Bootstrap files http://forum.cryptobullion.io/index.php?topic=1455.0

(On a Mac, wallet.dat files are in this folder: ~/Library/Application Support/CryptoBullion/wallet.dat)

oh thanks. I'm downloading the Bootstrap now.
Agaguk24

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:52:57 AM

EDIT:

Not sure if you are new to Crypto Bullion, but, either way welcome to our crypto-currency!    Cheesy

BitTyro

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:07:10 AM

EDIT:

Not sure if you are new to Crypto Bullion, but, either way welcome to our crypto-currency!    Cheesy

Finally, may vault is already in sync with the network.
Well, I'm new to Crypto Bullion, just downloaded the vault today and bought some from yobit to start staking.
ATM, I got a healthy network as I have 16 connections eh
Agaguk24

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:42:20 AM

EDIT:

Not sure if you are new to Crypto Bullion, but, either way welcome to our crypto-currency!    Cheesy

Finally, may vault is already in sync with the network.
Well, I'm new to Crypto Bullion, just downloaded the vault today and bought some from yobit to start staking.
ATM, I got a healthy network as I have 16 connections eh

16 Connections!!!! wow I think I never have seen that... Please read up on PoSP and how it works - basically inflation of CBX is only 2% but you can earn 8-10% per year (http://cryptobullion.io/white-paper/)

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:12:38 AM

Getting on Bittrex:

Their Twitter: https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange
Their email: support@bittrex.zendesk.com

And I hate us being in the Low-Volume Section on Coinmarketcap. Will scrape up some Bitcoin.

And voted ‘No’ on the anon poll. Will be well satisfied with a focus on privacy and developing ‘e-commerce sales.’

[16 connections! Wow!]

Mark
Agaguk24

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:20:49 AM

We all do our part, IMZ

I am out of BTC right now... temporarily

BitTyro

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:27:01 AM

Getting on Bittrex:

Their Twitter: https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange
Their email: support@bittrex.zendesk.com

And I hate us being in the Low-Volume Section on Coinmarketcap. Will scrape up some Bitcoin.

And voted ‘No’ on the anon poll. Will be well satisfied with a focus on privacy and developing ‘e-commerce sales.’

[16 connections! Wow!]

Mark

ATM, I'm down to 11 12 connections. (why are the connections come and go?)

Does CBX has main trading site? I ask because there is next to none volume at yobit. (except my purchase, of course  Undecided )

Are you guys marketing CBX? I can give you tweets if you want. Anyway, as this is my first day here at crypto bullion, haven't check your social media accounts yet. I will take a look later when I'm done with some projects . And I'll try to catch up the discussion later tonight (it's 3 PM here  in the Philippines) by back reading 84 pages of this thread  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: