Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed  (Read 65797 times)
p3lonis

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:56:40 PM

Burning all future buy back coins sounds like a solid plan.
then what happen with coin you buy back last time ??
it will be burning or dump??

You are to concerned with right now. What you need to be concerned about is how amazing this will be for the future. And they can dump all they want, they will be selling to proven strong hands and its not like they are going to kill the book dumping SMAC as you can see they want it to succeed. Personally I do not think they would still be here with such low volume if they didnt, to atleast some degree, care. IDK just my thoughts...

/e oh and thank you SMAC team, positive vibes your guys way, keep up the good work, just try and keep up us a little more posted as even the smallest of updates will do Wink 
SMAC-Media (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:05:22 PM

Newsletter will be released on June 28th
p3lonis

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:57:34 PM

Newsletter will be released on June 28th

Awesome, thanks for the heads up boys!
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:02:14 PM

Also, look at this OP:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=984757.0

Now granted, IMO yes that's a dumb looking coin (just my opinion), HOWEVER notice that when you scroll down they have a huge banner with 7 stars from Coinssource and they proclaim above it, "We have 7 stars on Coinssource trust verification!"

However, on the SMAC OP it still shows that we have only 5 stars, BUT if you click on the link to the coinssource page you see that in fact SMAC was awarded all 7 stars!!

Hopefully this can be fixed at some point because we don't want investors thinking we were awarded only 5 stars when in fact we were awarded all 7!
Clminer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:59:56 PM

Also, look at this OP:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=984757.0

Now granted, IMO yes that's a dumb looking coin (just my opinion), HOWEVER notice that when you scroll down they have a huge banner with 7 stars from Coinssource and they proclaim above it, "We have 7 stars on Coinssource trust verification!"

However, on the SMAC OP it still shows that we have only 5 stars, BUT if you click on the link to the coinssource page you see that in fact SMAC was awarded all 7 stars!!

Hopefully this can be fixed at some point because we don't want investors thinking we were awarded only 5 stars when in fact we were awarded all 7!

Hi Penn.3D

If you go back a few monts, you will see that i congratulated them with the 7 stars, its up to them to do this kind of stuff, in my opinion there is also a lot more they can do on marketing.. i am really curious what the marketplace is good for because marketing is clearly a waek point here! still like the idea but this is like a one way road, and i really dont think that has something to do with the community...
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:50:39 PM

Hi Penn.3D

If you go back a few monts, you will see that i congratulated them with the 7 stars, its up to them to do this kind of stuff, in my opinion there is also a lot more they can do on marketing.. i am really curious what the marketplace is good for because marketing is clearly a waek point here! still like the idea but this is like a one way road, and i really dont think that has something to do with the community...

Very true.  As I have said before the poor communication from the team and the inability to market SMAC is of real concern.  It doesn't matter what the business model of the coin is, if you fail on these two fronts you will get nowhere. The fact that we have as close to zero volume as you can get is proof of this.

Given that SMAC is based on advertising which involves communication/marketing it is all the more surprising that the team has done so poorly in these regards.  The lack of communication in recent weeks or indeed any kind of direction is almost unforgivable.

Given the scarcity of updates and the briefness of the rare ones we have had I get the distinct impression that the team members have lost interest in this or have run out of ideas, maybe both. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets this impression and I wonder how many people would have been put off investing purely by seeing the lack of activity here.

I hope the newsletter brings some more positive news but to be blunt it will have to to do something pretty amazing to stop this sinking. 

Sorry to be so negative but I think it is time for a reality check as there is only so long that a cryptocurrency can survive on zero volume. 

It is possible to save this but we need something to be done now.
pterion2910

Activity: 268

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:34:26 AM

SMAC wallet syncing is very slow.Any good nodes?

Bitrated user: frisb.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:44:07 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 01:55:02 PM by Penn.3D

Very true.  As I have said before the poor communication from the team and the inability to market SMAC is of real concern.  It doesn't matter what the business model of the coin is, if you fail on these two fronts you will get nowhere. The fact that we have as close to zero volume as you can get is proof of this.

Given that SMAC is based on advertising which involves communication/marketing it is all the more surprising that the team has done so poorly in these regards.  The lack of communication in recent weeks or indeed any kind of direction is almost unforgivable.

Given the scarcity of updates and the briefness of the rare ones we have had I get the distinct impression that the team members have lost interest in this or have run out of ideas, maybe both.  

I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets this impression and I wonder how many people would have been put off investing purely by seeing the lack of activity here.

I hope the newsletter brings some more positive news but to be blunt it will have to to do something pretty amazing to stop this sinking.  

Sorry to be so negative but I think it is time for a reality check as there is only so long that a cryptocurrency can survive on zero volume.  

It is possible to save this but we need something to be done now.

I hear you, but there are several positives too:

1. So far the team has executed market buys every month as promised to the tune of several thousand dollars....we aren't talking about peanuts here.

2. They have now said they will not only continue to execute monthly market buys, but also they will burn all future coins. That right there should be enough to (hopefully) silence any FUDders, and might even be enough to attract new investors even without the Marketplace. There is no other coin on the market that generates outside revenue and then uses that money to buy and burn coins every single month!

3. Between the coins bought back after the ICO and the coins bought from the last few buybacks, the dev team now owns sigificantly more coins than all of us COMBINED, so no doubt they want this project to succeed at least as much as we do, if not MORE.

Also, according to the OP, this month the buyback amount should be 15% and then stay 15% for all future buybacks, meaning after this month the buyback amount will always be larger than the month before.

I am trying to look at the positives because, like some of you, I have a lot riding on SMAC succeeding.

2 more days until the newsletter so let's just hold tight until then.
Clminer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:01:11 PM

SMAC wallet syncing is very slow.Any good nodes?

Sorry i dont use any, so i cant give you any.... Undecided
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:13:35 AM

Burning all future buy back coins sounds like a solid plan.
then what happen with coin you buy back last time ??
it will be burning or dump??

yeah burn all your old self bought coins as well.

Grin Grin Grin

OMFG  Roll Eyes
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:35:43 PM

Well the 28th has come and gone here.  It's after midnight but still no newsletter, no news, nothing.  After the piss poor communication we've had of late this is just insulting.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:39:49 PM

Well the 28th has come and gone here.  It's after midnight but still no newsletter, no news, nothing.  After the piss poor communication we've had of late this is just insulting.

It's only 7:37PM here on the east coast and I'm pretty sure the SMAC guys are based in the US. Not trying to make excuses, just saying we still officially have 4 and a half more hours to go before it's "officially" the 29th Wink
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:20:28 AM

Ok, now it's 10:19 and I am officially getting nervous.
SMAC-Media (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:29:35 AM

Sorry for the wait.....  here you go!
https://mega.co.nz/#!FQ5RQDyB!0bWxVOsGJntEciT-Isx0YzzVcjPrB4Lfw_u-lZhtboQ
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:16:27 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 12:26:52 PM by Penn.3D

I woke up feeling a little bad about my post last night (note to self, do not post on forums after you have been drinking! Embarrassed).

My main concern is that 6 weeks ago we were told that the Marketplace would be ready within 2 weeks and since then we have heard nothing, and I didn't see anything in the newsletter to indicate that the Marketplace is ready, or almost ready....or ready in a few weeks?? Come to think of it, I have been here for months and I don't even know what the heck the Marketplace is!

That being said, maybe there is a chance that all is not lost here. Afterall, the team has not completely abandoned ship yet and apparently the plan to buy/burn coins is still in place so at this point I will just hold my coins and see what happens.

If this project is still "on", I do ask the team to please communicate with us.  You will notice that the main frustration in this community has not been the lack of progress but rather the lack of communication. We are willing to be patient and overlook missed deadlines, etc. but all we are asking is that you keep us updated so that we know what's going on.

edit to add: I just deleted my post from last night.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:59:40 PM

Also, what is the latest with this:

Are there still plans to start the SMAC stability dividend program and monetized blog?

I am trying really hard to be positive here guys but it's hard to be positive when I am essentially talking to myself on here.....
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:11:54 PM

I am trying really hard to be positive here guys but it's hard to be positive when I am essentially talking to myself on here.....

Exactly.  The newsletter answered no questions and the team won't talk directly anymore.  The new buyback is less than 1 BTC.  The marketplace (which we were assured was being worked on) seems to have been completely forgotten.  Even if it launched today who would use it? - nobody knows about SMAC anyway and the team don't seem to be interested in spreading the word about it.  Burning buyback coins won't make a difference if nobody wants to buy the coins or thinks they have any inherent value anyway.

I really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but it's really hard not to think that the team has abandoned this.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:15:23 PM

Well I am going to hold on to the hope that the dev is going to come on here and tell us all that we are wrong and that in fact SMAC is still moving full steam ahead with the road map.

I just can't bare the thought that I am a bag holder....
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:33:28 PM

Well I am going to hold on to the hope that the dev is going to come on here and tell us all that we are wrong and that in fact SMAC is still moving full steam ahead with the road map.

I just can't bare the thought that I am a bag holder....

Sadly it seems they no longer give a shit.  If they did they would have been active long before now.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:29:53 PM

So.....who panicked? Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: