Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed  (Read 65798 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:06:50 PM

We are still here and working on the marketplace as promised...

Sadly that may be in vain -without any demand and hence exchange volume this will get delisted and die.  Real development and progress take time but in the crypto world it's very easy to get left behind and forgotten.

For a coin that is supposed to be based on marketing/advertising this side of things has been quite disappointing because we have had successful buybacks yet still nobody seems to be interested.   So whilst the mechanics of the social media advertising part of the coin are working OK the marketing of SMAC itself is lacking. 

I can't see an easy solution.

The only thing I can suggest is that the team try to focus at least an equal amount of time on spreading the word about SMAC, creating demand and buzz as much as working on actual behind the scenes development.  I know it sucks but in the crypto world image and impression matters a lot.  Indeed it might be best to make marketing SMAC the primary focus at least until it becomes established. 

As to how exactly to accomplish greater marketing of SMAC I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas -maybe others in the community have some suggestions?
Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

We are still here and working on the marketplace as promised...

Sadly that may be in vain -without any demand and hence exchange volume this will get delisted and die.  Real development and progress take time but in the crypto world it's very easy to get left behind and forgotten.

For a coin that is supposed to be based on marketing/advertising this side of things has been quite disappointing because we have had successful buybacks yet still nobody seems to be interested.   So whilst the mechanics of the social media advertising part of the coin are working OK the marketing of SMAC itself is lacking. 

I can't see an easy solution.

The only thing I can suggest is that the team try to focus at least an equal amount of time on spreading the word about SMAC, creating demand and buzz as much as working on actual behind the scenes development.  I know it sucks but in the crypto world image and impression matters a lot.  Indeed it might be best to make marketing SMAC the primary focus at least until it becomes established. 

As to how exactly to accomplish greater marketing of SMAC I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas -maybe others in the community have some suggestions?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that the marketplace is how we are going to get volume and interest in SMAC. In other words I'm pretty sure the team does not expect any volume until after the marketplace is unveiled.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:54:34 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 10:10:02 PM by Soul_eater_123

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that the marketplace is how we are going to get volume and interest in SMAC. In other words I'm pretty sure the team does not expect any volume until after the marketplace is unveiled.

I don't see how just having a market will create volume if nobody knows about it - it would just be an extra feature for a cryptocurrency which hardly anyone knows about.  

It might have given some momentum if it had it launched on time but the delay (which wasn't helped by the team going completely silent) means that SMAC could be delisted by the time that happens.  

Even if the market magically launches tomorrow there needs to be some kind of plan to actually get the word out and raise interest or nobody will use it.  I can't be the only who sees the irony of not being able to successfully spread awareness of a coin that is based on selling the ability to spread awareness of other products!

If I have a product that I want advertised why would I use the SMAC team to do it if they have been unable to successfully advertise their own product i.e. SMAC - I think this really needs to be thought about before moving forward.

The idea of advertising on social media may be great but it will all be for nothing if the team are unable to demonstrate any traditional, real world marketing skills.  It is just as easy for someone who does have real marketing skills to come along, steal the idea and cash in and that would be a shame for those of us who supported this project from the beginning.  

Penn.3D

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:03:49 PM

SMAC team, could you tell us when we can expect the next news letter? 
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:07:04 PM

"The coming days"  Roll Eyes Tongue

Penn.3D

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:15:21 PM

"The coming days"  Roll Eyes Tongue

Well seeing as that was stated 2 weeks ago, I'm hoping they can be perhaps be more specific?

I'm just getting concerned because it was stated that the Marketplace would be ready within 2 weeks and that was over a month ago. Like I said, big projects usually run over time and over budget, and that's fine, but I just want to know what's going on behind the scenes.

So could the team at least tell us when we can expect the next newsletter?
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:20:01 PM

By the way, thank you to whoever was responsible for the .8 btc volume Smiley
wurstgelee

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:39:44 PM

You're welcome. Wink

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 07:46:18 PM

SMAC will get the recognition it deserves hopefully soon, the lack of interest  is disappointing, but the team are developing and hopefully soon we will see the market.
I am holding strong still haven't sold any
good projects get ignored these days, just take a look at SDC it is probably one of the most amazing projects i have witnessed blows everything else out of the water when it comes to innovation and development, still trades at around 50k and only went up from 20k a few month ago.
this is normal in a market controled by wolves and fuled with the money of sheep.
SMAC will have it's day it steps out of the dark and into the light in a big way, hopefully we won't get de-listed and screw that up.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:03:50 PM

Ok....I just deleted my post from last night because I just woke up to find that SMAC had a 3 btc marketbuy last night and is now up to over 25k! Was that a community member or the team or what?

I don't know what that market buy was about, but it does make me feel a lot more confident about SMAC. 

Can anyone explain what's going on? Wurstgelee, was that you?
wurstgelee

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:26:29 PM

Ok....I just deleted my post from last night because I just woke up to find that SMAC had a 3 btc marketbuy last night and is now up to over 25k! Was that a community member or the team or what?

I don't know what that market buy was about, but it does make me feel a lot more confident about SMAC. 

Can anyone explain what's going on? Wurstgelee, was that you?

Nope, I had nothing to to with that.

SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:40:20 AM

Yes thank's a lot. My sell orders were finally eaten after 2 months. Smiley That wasn't an easy 200% profit I have to admit.
Penn.3D

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:53:10 PM

As repulsive as ktfutura's posts are, he might be right about burning coins. This would only apply to coins that the team buys going forward and would not apply to coins that the team currently owns.

The reason is that unless bought coins are burned, people can claim that the dev team is simply buying their own sells and the team would have no way to prove otherwise. I also think that buying and burning coins would generate huge interest in SMAC.

Maybe there is another way to prove to people that the team is not buying their own sells but I don't know what it is.

On another note, it has been over 3 weeks since we were told "Expect a newsletter in the coming days."

I have been one of the most vocal and supportive community members and I have to say this near month of silence from the dev team really sends us all the message that you either don't give a shit about us or that this project is dead and you don't want to come on here and tell us that.

I would personally much prefer that you come on here and tell us that the project is dead rather than force us to endure week after week of torturous silence as you have been doing.

I invested a lot of money in this project and I feel the least you can do is just be honest with us and communicate, even if what you have to say is bad news.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:51:21 PM

As repulsive as ktfutura's posts are, he might be right about burning coins. This would only apply to coins that the team buys going forward and would not apply to coins that the team currently owns.

The reason is that unless bought coins are burned, people can claim that the dev team is simply buying their own sells and the team would have no way to prove otherwise. I also think that buying and burning coins would generate huge interest in SMAC.

Maybe there is another way to prove to people that the team is not buying their own sells but I don't know what it is.

On another note, it has been over 3 weeks since we were told "Expect a newsletter in the coming days."

I have been one of the most vocal and supportive community members and I have to say this near month of silence from the dev team really sends us all the message that you either don't give a shit about us or that this project is dead and you don't want to come on here and tell us that.

I would personally much prefer that you come on here and tell us that the project is dead rather than force us to endure week after week of torturous silence as you have been doing.

I invested a lot of money in this project and I feel the least you can do is just be honest with us and communicate, even if what you have to say is bad news.

I agree 100% with what you say.
Clminer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:51:09 PM

Please go to their Twitter account and ask them!

@SMAC_CEO -

@Ibankomedia - 

@boxxa -

SMAC-Media (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:16:45 PM

Burning all future buy back coins sounds like a solid plan.
wurstgelee

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:08:21 PM

Finally, some activity. =)

How about the newsletter? Marketplace? Estimated amount of BTC for upcoming buyback?

So many (unanswered) questions..... Smiley

Penn.3D

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:12:47 AM

Thank you SMAC team!

In the future if the total number of coins becomes a concern due to low coin supply, the team might consider launching a "sister coin" whereby SMAC holders can redeem 1 SMAC in exchange for the 10 or 100 of the sister coin or something like that. Again, just a suggestion feel free to take it or leave it.

In any case thank you for the reply and I very much look forward to the next newsletter.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 04:49:50 AM

yes thank you but you really need another team member who's  job is to communicate between the team and the community and keep us updated , anyways i'm still holding and haven't sold a single coin i got nothing to loose.
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:46:08 AM

then what happen with coin you buy back last time ??
it will be burning or dump??
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: