Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291225 times)
lluboski

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:07:58 AM

With 189 players connected, SwC Poker is currently a bit smaller than Seals was.

Blame it on the windoze Smiley

anyway, when we build out our platform and fix our bugs, these games will fill up.

Remember table starter rakeback is on for all games, 6max+.  Playing 2 or 3 handed gets you auto-50% rakeback, so that is a proper incentive to help me start some games until we have all clients & the affiliate program.

I respectfully disagree. I do start tables and so does "whodisis" but there is not much interest from others players to join. if we can get going one table for the particullar stakes,it's a good result and it will fell apart usually within hour.

189 players is about 1/2 of the players that played on old Seals, but the number of players on ring games is not even close 1/2 old Seals cash games players.
Aso I don't think windoze only is responsible for so big drop.
If you reinstate old krillrolls, I bet most of the players who played them on old Seals will come play the krillroll and then go back where the action is. (not on SWC)
The result will be SWC slowly bleed bitcoin reserves, because SWC will not collect enough rake.

I believe "whodisis" has a valid point and you should give his idea serious consideration. Try it for a month and see what happen. I am not suggesting
krill race, just something like 1 weekly krillroll for anybody who collect 100 or 200 krill for the time period.

I know your main focus is still on a software, but give it some thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:12:48 PM

kind of like the idea of a weekly & monthly krill-roll(s), something where you must earn X krill within the week/month.

also must keep the legacy krill-rolls in some fashion. 

Lots to consider, and likely at least 1 month away before rolling them out.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
whodisis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:41:48 PM

i'll prolly get flogged for saying this, but i really like the idea of lifetime krill earning higher rakeback percentage and rewarding active players with freerolls.

currently lifetime krill earn 2 types of rewards (rakeback and freerolls).  to earn rakeback they have to risk their own bits.  for krillrolls there is 0 risk.  if your a high enough level why not just wait until there is 0 risk?

on player numbers there may be 156 players connected currently, but if you look at the nlh tables there are 2 tables currently that have more then 1 person sitting at them.  one table has 5 and the other has 2.  only bringing this stuff up because id much rather play on this site than any other...

http://s27.postimg.org/waexio8s3/swc.png
Sicilian

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:45:01 PM

i'll prolly get flogged for saying this, but i really like the idea of lifetime krill earning higher rakeback percentage and rewarding active players with freerolls.

currently lifetime krill earn 2 types of rewards (rakeback and freerolls).  to earn rakeback they have to risk their own bits.  for krillrolls there is 0 risk.  if your a high enough level why not just wait until there is 0 risk?

You might get flogged by donk4u, but I agree.  Give people an incentive to put real money in play.  The site needs activity, and should not feel obligated by prior promotions from the old Seals.  What good would it do to try and keep those if the result is the site cannot sustain itself?

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:50:35 PM

Well I started multi tableing today and I was not impressed with the lag that I experienced and also when I was deep in a hand the software logged me out. This broke my concentration and I lost roughly 30mbtc (i know it isn't much) but I'm hoping you will get this fixed because I enjoy playing there.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:53:00 PM

You won'y get flogged by me but maybe donk4u will Grin Grin

I agree with your general idea but maybe the lifetime status could be used as a multiplier to the krill earned during the qualifying period of the krillroll.

Some people grinded with the krillrolls as a goal.

Edit:  I wrote this before I saw Sicilian's post Grin
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:06:28 PM

Forgive me if this in the thread already...
MAC people:  You can run the client with CrossOver.  I just installed a trial version of it and it installed & launched the Windows client without incident.

**I have not sat at a table yet...just did the install**

I am on Mac OS 10.10.2 (Yosemite)

I think the outstanding question is where to get the windows image without paying.  As far as I know, there's plenty of free virtualization software but I won't be buying a windows image just to nuke it when seals comes out with a proper client.

By the way, I asked this before but I never heard very much back, has anyone tried this using WINE?
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:26:37 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 06:43:34 PM by wwwin

Forgive me if this in the thread already...
MAC people:  You can run the client with CrossOver.  I just installed a trial version of it and it installed & launched the Windows client without incident.

**I have not sat at a table yet...just did the install**

I am on Mac OS 10.10.2 (Yosemite)

I think the outstanding question is where to get the windows image without paying.  As far as I know, there's plenty of free virtualization software but I won't be buying a windows image just to nuke it when seals comes out with a proper client.

By the way, I asked this before but I never heard very much back, has anyone tried this using WINE?

You can dowload withdows preview free directly from MS and when the license expires there will a newer version to download.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
whodisis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:27:21 PM

i tried the client under Wine (but not a linux person)..  the client installed and the interface and tables opened, but the headers weren't showing up (table, game, stakes, players, ect)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:28:13 PM

Man, I sympathize with most of these recent posts.

1)  we all want moar players on SwC.
2)  Affiliate program is really close. I expect a ~20% increase from this over the first 2 weeks.
3)  Then the android client will drop, increasing player base further
4)  All the while we will improve the product, fixing our bugs
5)  Then Mac client. Then Linux client. More players

We are grinding towards this and the ~1-2 months it will take to realize most of these things is going to be filled with "Wow this is smaller" and there has already been some poker media claiming "SwC Poker opens to dismal results."

I have to laugh. Some poker site have been trying to years to open and haven't dealt a hand yet. We are ~2 weeks into this. So much to do. Please keep helping us by reporting anything wrong with the software. We are going to get there, it will take time, there is no doubt pain in this initial period.

tyvm for playing SwC. The new team is going hard for the cause.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:35:52 PM

You can dowload withdows preview free directly from MS and when the license expires there will a newer version to download. Works like a charm

i tried the client under Wine (but not a linux person)..  the client installed and the interface and tables opened, but the headers weren't showing up (table, game, stakes, players, ect)

Thanks very much folks, I may actually have a few hours to fuck around with this tonight depending on the breaks.  I guess I've now got two potential avenues to try.  Next step is to make a guess as to which of these routes is going to be less onerous (any suggestions?).

bugmenot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

No Justice No Peace

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:53:48 PM

@micon...we don't love you just for money like your first wife .... I know u're working hard ....We just want it fast ....i think html5 should realese first so everyone can join us...

I AM DONE
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:08:36 PM

You can dowload withdows preview free directly from MS and when the license expires there will a newer version to download. Works like a charm

Thanks very much folks, I may actually have a few hours to fuck around with this tonight depending on the breaks.  I guess I've now got two potential avenues to try.  Next step is to make a guess as to which of these routes is going to be less onerous (any suggestions?).

Install windows in virtual box also free.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:38:13 PM

@micon...we don't love you just for money like your first wife .... I know u're working hard ....We just want it fast ....i think html5 should realese first so everyone can join us...

Haha, this is pretty funny but I do think that there's some value there.  If you focus on a browser solution then you abstract away from all these different OS problems you're having.

That being said, maybe I'm going to try this virtualbox thingy out and see if they give out free windoze or whatever.  I do want to play seals again.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:42:14 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 08:18:40 PM by Micon

Many don't know, Many are new, A few even asked for this in the posts above Smiley

Table Starter "Auto-50%" Rakeback:
- Always on for >=6max tables
- Active for 2 or 3 handed play
- Automatically earn 50%, paid to your SwC Poker account each Monday!

You don't have to do anything except play short handed to activate this rakeback. Once the table goes 4 handed the rakeback stops, but if it gets back to 3 or 2 handed then it would activate again on a per-hand basis.  

I am hoping the reminder of how much we give back (and how low we rake to start!) may fill some of those empty tables!

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

Many don't know, Many are new, A few even asked for this in the posts above Smiley

- Always on for >6max tables

You don't have to do anything except play short handed to activate this rakeback. Once the table goes 4 handed the rakeback stops, but if it gets back to 3 or 2 handed then it would activate again on a per-hand basis.  

I am hoping the reminder of how much we give back (and how low we rake to start!) may fill some of those empty tables!

That looks like greater than 6 max tables while it is my understanding that it is 6max, 8max and 9max tables.

I don't have an "equal to or greater than" symbol on my keyboard either.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:19:11 PM

- Always on for >6max tables

That looks like greater than 6 max tables while it is my understanding that it is 6max, 8max and 9max tables.

I don't have an "equal to or greater than" symbol on my keyboard either.

lolz / fixed original, because, you know, now it will sail by un-noticed Smiley

jmurjeff

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:28:33 PM

Just want to say that some people may read the > 6 max table wrong. They might think they need to have greater than 6 max. Maybe write 6 max or greater to qualify or something. Or you could use the greater than or equal to sign. ≥

Hold down Alt and press 242 to get that sign.

Edit:

I think you fixed it with the >= sign.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:55:22 PM

Just want to say that some people may read the > 6 max table wrong. They might think they need to have greater than 6 max. Maybe write 6 max or greater to qualify or something. Or you could use the greater than or equal to sign. ≥

Hold down Alt and press 242 to get that sign.

Edit:

I think you fixed it with the >= sign.

learn a bit of ASCII errry day Smiley

1)  ty for the ≥

2)  We are going to press the big red button on purpose in ~15 hours. The other side of it will have bug fixes and an affiliate program. ST7 expects it to only be 10 minutes of downtime.  Again, in about 15 hours. 

Thanks again for playing SwC

WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:19:52 AM

Micon, I completely agree with you about the current numbers... what SwC has been able to do in such a short time after launching is impressive and already puts you ahead of what most other bitcoin poker sites could dream of.

I know that eventually the numbers will grow.  I have no doubts that SwC will eventually make even the old Seals numbers look small.  And I agree that we're probably gonna have to wait until after affiliate program/android/mac etc. to see big numbers.

But I still think there are things you can do now to increase play from the people already here.

Tablestarter rakeback is helpful, but it only affects people willing to play 2-3 handed.

We need something to incentivize the 4th guy to start playing, to not leave when the game gets 4 handed, or to sit at a second table.

To be clear, I'm not asking because I want stuff for myself.  I don't care if I get extra krill or tablestarter rakeback or whatever.  I'm only trying to get more tables going.

Some brainstormed ideas, others can add more:

- 1 week promotion of 1.5x krill, 2x krill during overnight hours

- Earn 500 krill during the week, get in a freeroll or raffle drawing - doesn't have to be much

- High hand bonus... tweet @SwCpoker a screenshot of like Quads+ and get a small bonus

- Hand number giveaways... use the hand number in the top left to give bonuses or raffle entries. 

For example right now it's on hand #356462, you could give something like 10bb's (10 chip max) for winning every 1,000th hand dealt.  Or entry to a raffle for being dealt in to every 1,000th hand.  The raffled prize can be small amount of chips, a one time krill bonus, special chat color/avatar, or entry to a tournament that might overlay anyways. 

Then lead up to something bigger at a certain hand number like #500000.

- Random table giveaways... at random times go thru the lobby and pick an active table that has 2+ players and give the players seated some small bonus / entry to drawing / entry to satellite.

If you have the ability with the software the "bonuses" can even be giving someone 50 extra krill so that it doesn't cost the site anything.

All of these can be done without much work, for small amounts and only run for a limited time.  It would just be something to jumpstart the games, so that when the affiliate referrals and old Seals players show up there are tables running.  After that the games should be able to sustain themselves.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: