Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291225 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:45:13 PM

Again, wearsmyliberty, I have to disagree.  Respectfully reminding of the problem is crucial so that the SWC folks have it in mind how many people care.  If no one was griping, how would they know if anyone cared?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:56:24 PM

Again, I mean no disrespect to you.  I understand the frustration, but I can assure you it is coming.

Even if nobody in this thread cared about adding android/web/mac clients... they would care.

Micon wants more options because that means more players are able to play.

Micon wants more players to be able to play.

So even if it weren't important to people in this thread... it is very, very important to him.

wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:10:55 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 12:41:12 AM by wwwin

I would not say only a few people are willing to run the .exe. Right now during the work day US 187 players are logged. I would say that Linux and Mac users can easily run the software for free in Virtual Box  or Parallels but are too stubborn against MS to even try. If they spent the time they spend complaining in installing Virtual Box or Parallelss in Mac, they would have already been playing.  I guess the ones that do not have a free choice right now are Android users. Even then, you can still use it in Android thru a cheap VPS and an Android RDP client.

FREE
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
FREE
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
FREE
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tux.client&hl=en
$10 Windows VPS until they get the Android client out
http://www.hostingsource.com/standard_vps_plans.php

Take 1/2 hour to learn something new for a change. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Thanks for the links, maybe I'll give this a shot (but I dunno, it seems very onerous to me to install all this broken software on my computer just to play poker---maybe it's better just to wait until something nonbroken comes along).

The only thing I really have to push back on is that in fact, my mind was being wasted when I used to used windows about 8 years ago.  I could only use my computer in the way that MSCORP says I can.  I have no choice about when to install updates from MSCORP no matter whether they are broken or not.  When I switched to GNU/Linux my mind began to be educated because I suddenly had control of my own CPU.  I had a helpful community to help me understand how computers work and how software works.  I became master of my own destiny and experienced freedom.

So, what I read you saying is: look man, you can take your clean house, dig a hole in the floor, drop a bunch of rat shit in the middle of your living room and wade around it in and then play bitcoin poker for fun.  You might be right about that, but I'd hardly call playing around in ratshit a useful exercise for my mind.

And, FWIW, I run a really efficient linux distro on a low-memory portable computer so it's just not clear to me that I'll have enough memory to do the virtual box thing.  Anyway, I may try.  I especially appreciate the link to the trial-iso.

Pilot there are many ways to do it.  If you don't have enough memory you can partition your hard drive and install in a dual boot system without using VB at all.  This should very easy for you to do since you state that you code for bitcoins which is much harder.  The only excuse is the no windoze mentality which does not allow you to enjoy the full computer experience  now available. You are stuck in the windows vista sucks mentality. That was more than 8 years ago bro. Win7 is super stable and Win8 and up super stable, secure and very light.  Get off this dinosaur that only 1% of desktop users use.

I will also have to agree  with the others that complaining about this particular issue is a waste  of your time. If you had done what you could have done since your last post you could be playing right now if you wanted to.

NOBODY WANTS THE ANDROID VERSION ASAP MORE THAN MICON.
Adapt to the situation which is only temporary. Adapt, survive, find a way to win. Until Android  comes out I have been mostly playing  while traveling thru Windows VPS on Anfroid  tablet connecting to the VPS thru Android  RDP with zero issues. ADAPT SURVIVE FIND A WAY TO WIN.
BlacksmithCorporation

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:08:19 AM

The horrible thing about swcpoker is that , I play at pokerstars against fish and make a decent something to feel good about my poker skills. However swc has some poker guru's or something , the people that play in swc are MUCH better then pokerstars and I can't seem to make profit Cheesy Please get some poker noobs to SwC so we can win too Cheesy

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:48:54 PM

I <3 you guys ITT Smiley

Let's not argue over who wants it more, but we're starting the Android and Mac clients soon and I expect them to take about 8-12 weeks.

PROGRAMMING NOTE:   We are going to restart in about an hour or so, have some changes and bug fixes.  Shouldn't be down long when we do it.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:30:16 PM

The horrible thing about swcpoker is that , I play at pokerstars against fish and make a decent something to feel good about my poker skills. However swc has some poker guru's or something , the people that play in swc are MUCH better then pokerstars and I can't seem to make profit Cheesy Please get some poker noobs to SwC so we can win too Cheesy

Sorry but you have this all wrong who are you trying to kid? Pokerstars does have a lot of fishy's because of the sheer size and continuous new comers the site has but the majority are better than what i have played against at the old seals site.

I cannot see much has changed since then. What games are you talking cash/tourny? What stakes because try site down in a pokerstars med stake game then come back with you review. 'Much' better that did  make me laugh Smiley

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:07:21 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:23:26 PM by Micon

pressing the reset button right now / brb 10-20 minutes.

fixing things.  

Edit:  back up

* NL-PL raise when you shouldn't be able to (after a slightly-more-than-curent-bet all-in) is now fixed. 

Please keep listing any bugs you run into, our team is fast at fixing them and we are determined to exterminate them all.

initial work on Android & Mac client next few days.  Will take likely months so just know many humans are still working really hard on the SwC project.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
bugmenot

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

No Justice No Peace

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:00:15 PM

so there will be no flash client or it will come at the end? #We_want_bet_back #i_want_to_degen_ #askmicon

#rip swc #rip buzzedaldrin

I AM DONE
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:54:20 PM

I would not say only a few people are willing to run the .exe. Right now during the work day US 187 players are logged. I would say that Linux and Mac users can easily run the software for free in Virtual Box  or Parallels but are too stubborn against MS to even try. If they spent the time they spend complaining in installing Virtual Box or Parallelss in Mac, they would have already been playing.  I guess the ones that do not have a free choice right now are Android users. Even then, you can still use it in Android thru a cheap VPS and an Android RDP client.

FREE
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
FREE
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
FREE
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tux.client&hl=en
$10 Windows VPS until they get the Android client out
http://www.hostingsource.com/standard_vps_plans.php

Take 1/2 hour to learn something new for a change. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Thanks for the links, maybe I'll give this a shot (but I dunno, it seems very onerous to me to install all this broken software on my computer just to play poker---maybe it's better just to wait until something nonbroken comes along).

The only thing I really have to push back on is that in fact, my mind was being wasted when I used to used windows about 8 years ago.  I could only use my computer in the way that MSCORP says I can.  I have no choice about when to install updates from MSCORP no matter whether they are broken or not.  When I switched to GNU/Linux my mind began to be educated because I suddenly had control of my own CPU.  I had a helpful community to help me understand how computers work and how software works.  I became master of my own destiny and experienced freedom.

So, what I read you saying is: look man, you can take your clean house, dig a hole in the floor, drop a bunch of rat shit in the middle of your living room and wade around it in and then play bitcoin poker for fun.  You might be right about that, but I'd hardly call playing around in ratshit a useful exercise for my mind.

And, FWIW, I run a really efficient linux distro on a low-memory portable computer so it's just not clear to me that I'll have enough memory to do the virtual box thing.  Anyway, I may try.  I especially appreciate the link to the trial-iso.

Pilot there are many ways to do it.  If you don't have enough memory you can partition your hard drive and install in a dual boot system without using VB at all.  This should very easy for you to do since you state that you code for bitcoins which is much harder.  The only excuse is the no windoze mentality which does not allow you to enjoy the full computer experience now available. You are stuck in the windows vista sucks mentality. That was more than 8 years ago bro. Win7 is super stable and Win8 and up super stable, secure and very light.  Get off this dinosaur that only 1% of desktop users use.

wwwwin, I'm not suggesting that installing windows is beyond my abilities.  I am suggesting that in my own life, freeing my computer from proprietary control has enriched and improved my life and I'm not interesting in moving backwards on that point.  Consider what you're saying to me: you're suggesting that a guy like me who finds the mere idea of installing a virtual box of windows sorta disgusting that I should partition my harddrive and put it on my machine for real?  I hope you can see how that's a lot like suggesting "well, if the chlorine in this pool is making your eyes uncomfortable, you could always just swim in straight unadulterated bleach".  Sorry for the weird example but I'm just trying to point out that if I'm *considering* fucking around with a virtual box to play poker but haven't really found the motivation, it's pretty much nuts to expect that I'm going to partition my hard drive and install a windows there.

I'm glad that you like Win7 and Win8 and that you think they are secure and lightweight.  I believe that factually you are quite misguided in these points.  I think that if you consider Win7 or Win8 to be secure or lightweight then we must have extremely different views of the meaning of these words.  If you actually want to see lightweight, run debian testing with a fluxbox desktop on the same machine where you Win8 takes 1.5 minutes to boot up and you will be shocked at the true meaning lightweight.  Nevertheless, we digress here.

I will also have to agree  with the others that complaining about this particular issue is a waste  of your time. If you had done what you could have done since your last post you could be playing right now if you wanted to.

You have to imagine that I have other things going on in my life besides fucking around with the software on my computer.  Not that I don't enjoy fucking around with the software on my computer, but please.  While I'm sure you're correct that if I had dedicated the time between my last post here and this one to fucking around with windows and virtual machines and whatnot I might have found a working solution, I hope you can understand that work, family life and sleeping are also a reality for me.  In the days of yore, I was able to enjoy bitcoin poker on my bus ride to work, alas.  Perhaps the good days will come again.

I hope you can see that by living my life in the way that I choose, I am experiencing freedom and happiness and the fact that my choices aren't the same as yours doesn't mean that I'm "wasting my time".

As to whether complaining here is a waste of time, I refer you to Micon's post just below yours in which he says, Okay we've now started developing the android client.  We can't examine an alternate timeline, but in this timeline, many of us have complained and it seems quite possible that the SWC team is reacting to these complaints as it figures out what to prioritize.  From what I can tell, complaining in this thread is quite the opposite of a waste of time.

NOBODY WANTS THE ANDROID VERSION ASAP MORE THAN MICON.

Funny how that exact line keeps cropping up in this thread.  How can we know anyone else's inner desires and compare them to others in terms of magnitude.  Presumably, Micon has some way to run .EXE files which he feels okay about so in terms of facts we can say that while Micon can play, others cannot.  Then again there's the fact that when more of us can play, Micon can make more money so I'm not doubting his motivation.

Adapt to the situation which is only temporary. Adapt, survive, find a way to win. Until Android  comes out I have been mostly playing  while traveling thru Windows VPS on Anfroid  tablet connecting to the VPS thru Android  RDP with zero issues. ADAPT SURVIVE FIND A WAY TO WIN.

Keep in mind that waiting and doing other things is also an adaption.  Who knows, I might try the virtual box thingy with the trial ISO you linked us to at some point in the future.  However, I may not.  I really find proprietary OSs quite dangerous and I've been experiencing a real "win" in my life once I stopped associating with them.

Cheers!

Oh yah, this:
so there will be no flash client or it will come at the end? #We_want_bet_back #i_want_to_degen_ #askmicon

#rip swc #rip buzzedaldrin
^^^plzzz
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

after i just did the new update i cant get in now, i click log in and nothing happens is the site still down?
wwwin

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:34:01 PM

Well Pilot if you find that proprietary OSs are quite dangerous than I am the one wasting my time. Such deep rooted unfounded  fear suggests that you won't be able to overcome  it.  Just wait 2 or 3 months for the Android to be ready. Best of luck.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:57:28 PM

1)  Came to realize there are those that want the android client more than me. If I didn't have any action on a bus ride to work, but if the android client came out I would, I think I'd want to android client more than I want it right now, which is a very high amount of want for a specific client, but IMO not as high as a guy that is out of action on a bus.

2)  We are having an issue right now affecting a small % of users.  It's basically this:

after i just did the new update i cant get in now, i click log in and nothing happens is the site still down?

Site is currently up, 94 players and rising steadily since restart.  We're investigating.

notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:58:57 PM

1)  Came to realize there are those that want the android client more than me. If I didn't have any action on a bus ride to work, but if the android client came out I would, I think I'd want to android client more than I want it right now, which is a very high amount of want for a specific client, but IMO not as high as a guy that is out of action on a bus.

2)  We are having an issue right now affecting a small % of users.  It's basically this:

Site is currently up, 94 players and rising steadily since restart.  We're investigating.

k thanks its still not working, whats ur guys email? cant find it.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:03:21 PM

Well Pilot if you find that proprietary OSs are quite dangerous than I am the one wasting my time. Such deep rooted unfounded  fear founded in experience suggests that you won't be able to overcome  it.  Just wait 2 or 3 months for the Android to be ready. Best of luck.

Fixed that for you.  Smiley

1)  Came to realize there are those that want the android client more than me. If I didn't have any action on a bus ride to work, but if the android client came out I would, I think I'd want to android client more than I want it right now, which is a very high amount of want for a specific client, but IMO not as high as a guy that is out of action on a bus.
[snip]

Thanks Micon!  (See guys, complaining can be useful!)
wwwin

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:22:57 PM

Well Pilot if you find that proprietary OSs are quite dangerous than I am the one wasting my time. Such deep rooted unfounded  fear founded in experience suggests that you won't be able to overcome  it.  Just wait 2 or 3 months for the Android to be ready. Best of luck.

Fixed that for you.  Smiley

[snip]

Thanks Micon!  (See guys, complaining can be useful!)

LOL...I think you missed the point Micon was trying to make.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:25:14 PM

LOL...I think you missed the point Micon was trying to make.

Maybe so.  I understood his point to be a humorous way to state that he now thinks of getting android client out there to be even more of a priority than he had previously.  However, obviously I'm quite obtuse so I'm sure I missed something important.
Sicilian

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:54:46 PM

I also cannot log in.  Is this a google authenticator issue?  (I use it, maybe all the people who are logged in do not use it)
ZeroCloo

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:57:07 PM

I also cannot log in.  Is this a google authenticator issue?  (I use it, maybe all the people who are logged in do not use it)

No, I use GAuth and am in.
jmurjeff

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:45:59 PM

I have not used it and I cannot log in. It looks normal and I click log in. Then after entering my username and password it does absolutely nothing. Had this problem before and had to wait for the next update.
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:52:55 PM

I have not used it and I cannot log in. It looks normal and I click log in. Then after entering my username and password it does absolutely nothing. Had this problem before and had to wait for the next update.
[/quote]

same for me but i never had this problem before
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: