Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291224 times)
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 06:49:21 PM by wwwin

Thanks for the encouragement guys, most of the bitcoin community has been well supportive of SwC and myself in general.  It's a shame to see a small part of the community acting illegally opportunistic and trying to capitalize on my short term pain.  It's worth saying again that the vast majority have been extremely supportive to me and SwC since Seals closed.

I was prepared to pay him ~4 coins to be done with it clean and easy, even if I don't like the way he does business.  Money and time are valuable, so I was willing to part with the minimum of each to solve the issue.  Having demanded more than 100 coins seems crazy to me.  I'll never allow an affiliate on that domain, and using it for a competitor seems like exactly the type of behavior that ICANN is trying to avoid.  I'll unfortunately be going the ICANN route, any tips or tricks would be helpful, although it looks straight forward.

Don't pay him anything. swcpoker.eu  started operating  and this .com site has not.  In fact its pointing to betcoin so they have nothing to do with swcpoker in trademark race as to who operated first under the name of swcpoker. File trademark  application  for the name swcpoker and dispute with ICANN. Also he is threatening that you will have problems with law if you come to US in order to get money from you. That is a criminal  offense on his part and you have the emails  to prove his criminal conduct. Also he is pointing his .com to a site that offers a sports book...prohibited  by the Wire Act.  The DOJ says sports book violates the Wire act but has stated that poker does not fall under wire act jurisdiction because it is a game of skill.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:13:29 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 07:06:14 PM by TippingPoint

Honestly don't pay that guy a dime. Us players don't give a crap about a name on the table or a name of a domain. We just want to play poker run by trusted people.

Correct

He has no use for the domain other than to try to extort money.  

If you want ideas for a different domain name, just let us know.  We can send suggestions to you privately, so that assholes do not try to cybersquat any of the domain options.

Your assets are
  • your reputation
  • the players
  • ST7
  • your software

Anything else can be reincarnated.  Don't waste time with this.  You have bigger fish to fry.  Get matching domains and use the .com (play money) to feed and promote the .eu (Bitcoin).

donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:16:13 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:51:13 PM by donk4u

Thanks for the encouragement guys, most of the bitcoin community has been well supportive of SwC and myself in general.  It's a shame to see a small part of the community acting illegally opportunistic and trying to capitalize on my short term pain.  It's worth saying again that the vast majority have been extremely supportive to me and SwC since Seals closed.

I was prepared to pay him ~4 coins to be done with it clean and easy, even if I don't like the way he does business.  Money and time are valuable, so I was willing to part with the minimum of each to solve the issue.  Having demanded more than 100 coins seems crazy to me.  I'll never allow an affiliate on that domain, and using it for a competitor seems like exactly the type of behavior that ICANN is trying to avoid.  I'll unfortunately be going the ICANN route, any tips or tricks would be helpful, although it looks straight forward.

Really sorry about your troubles man. Just wondering why it wasn't possible to do a search if domain was available to have avoided this , not blaming you in any way though. Can't you just remane? Could care less if you rename pretty sure everyone would feel the same. Is betcoin behind this or did I read that wrong?

Biggest fail went to nitrogen. Some guy was extorting them by crashing them they actually paid him not to crash them , that was just unreal. They even offered him job as security for their site he refused as could get money easier by crashing them.

Send ukranian blue mosprite  on covert operation imo to solve this dilema.
CryptoMaven

Activity: 43
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:24:10 PM

I was prepared to pay him ~4 coins to be done with it clean and easy, even if I don't like the way he does business.

Let him keep it, who cares. If he puts the Seals with Clubs name or logo on the domain then sue him for trademark infringement. But you'll go broke buying up every matching .com, .net, .org, dot-every-country-in-the-world domain name.
TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 10:44:12 PM by TippingPoint

Joshua Pelissero

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/bananaman-the-legendary-jp-and-the-secret-of-his-domainer-success/

Ironically, his avatar is a banana.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:46:25 PM

Whoa.  What's the irony of the banana though?  I don't get it.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:05:17 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 11:24:21 PM by Phildo

Weird bug, if you open the hand browser/replay thing, the text says "seat x is the button" but x is wherever the button is on the table when you click the button.

I thought I saw an odd chip go to the wrong guy in a split pot game, but that button thing and the hand history saying "PLAYER wins pot (###) instead of PLAYER wins pot with (hand) (####) plus a lack of caffeine made it hard for me to confirm that.

Having fun playing today though, hope you can get the domain.

Edit: Just got the low chip after winning the low and in better position, not sure what's going on.
Sicilian

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:28:20 PM

I got a nasty bug that happened yesterday and today.  Not sure if this is how it happened yesterday, but today it happened exactly as I was about to enter my timebank in FL.  A bunch of exception windows kept opening, and I rushed to kill the task and was able to log back in and finish the hand.
TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:31:28 PM

Ironically, his avatar is a banana.

Whoa.  What's the irony of the banana though?  I don't get it.

Banana For Scale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpby993GYEU
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:52:48 AM

Really sorry about your troubles man. Just wondering why it wasn't possible to do a search if domain was available to have avoided this , not blaming you in any way though. Can't you just remane? Could care less if you rename pretty sure everyone would feel the same. Is betcoin behind this or did I read that wrong?

Biggest fail went to nitrogen. Some guy was extorting them by crashing them they actually paid him not to crash them , that was just unreal. They even offered him job as security for their site he refused as could get money easier by crashing them.

Send ukranian blue mosprite  on covert operation imo to solve this dilema.

Same i could not care less what the name of the site is i don't play the site because of the name but because the minds behind it you are a good guy and there are not many about, whatever name you choose the important thing is you have chose and stand buy it. Shame on that leech who needs to do what he is attempting with you.

From what i read he offered something with betcoin not that they are behind this though although it wouldn't surprise me if they have paid something towards his efforts.

Wow first i have heard of that nitrogen guy crashing them i will look into that seems interesting cheers

Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:05:39 AM

238 players on right now, just want to thank everyone who supports SwC.

We're committed to improving our system over time.

loving the twitch army!

http://www.twitch.tv/dougbug808/

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
ZeroCloo

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:06:45 AM

It seems like it would be silly to spend a bunch of money getting the .com in whatever fashion and then just have Kentucky seize it, which isn't terribly unlikely. Many other sites operate just fine without .com I don't see why you can't.

If you really feel the need for one, though, it's a perfect time to change to a brand that most people don't think is really dumb on first impression. Seals with Clubs was a pretty significant obstacle for a lot of people, and SwC isn't a lot better.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:26:37 AM

Weird bug, if you open the hand browser/replay thing, the text says "seat x is the button" but x is wherever the button is on the table when you click the button.

I thought I saw an odd chip go to the wrong guy in a split pot game, but that button thing and the hand history saying "PLAYER wins pot (###) instead of PLAYER wins pot with (hand) (####) plus a lack of caffeine made it hard for me to confirm that.

Having fun playing today though, hope you can get the domain.

Edit: Just got the low chip after winning the low and in better position, not sure what's going on.

I got a nasty bug that happened yesterday and today.  Not sure if this is how it happened yesterday, but today it happened exactly as I was about to enter my timebank in FL.  A bunch of exception windows kept opening, and I rushed to kill the task and was able to log back in and finish the hand.

Thanks very much for these reports, there are still some don't-happen-that-often connection issue bugs we are trying to kill.  Very hard to reproduce as things like the exception windows seem to be operating system specific.

We have all logged and we'll keep going as fast as we can to kill all of them.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:34:04 AM

It seems like it would be silly to spend a bunch of money getting the .com in whatever fashion and then just have Kentucky seize it, which isn't terribly unlikely. Many other sites operate just fine without .com I don't see why you can't.

If you really feel the need for one, though, it's a perfect time to change to a brand that most people don't think is really dumb on first impression. Seals with Clubs was a pretty significant obstacle for a lot of people, and SwC isn't a lot better.

SealsWithClubs is the best name ever!

I trust Micon to do the right thing.

A rose by any other name is just as sweet.
lluboski

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:19:30 AM

Thanks for the encouragement guys, most of the bitcoin community has been well supportive of SwC and myself in general.  It's a shame to see a small part of the community acting illegally opportunistic and trying to capitalize on my short term pain.  It's worth saying again that the vast majority have been extremely supportive to me and SwC since Seals closed.

I was prepared to pay him ~4 coins to be done with it clean and easy, even if I don't like the way he does business.  Money and time are valuable, so I was willing to part with the minimum of each to solve the issue.  Having demanded more than 100 coins seems crazy to me.  I'll never allow an affiliate on that domain, and using it for a competitor seems like exactly the type of behavior that ICANN is trying to avoid.  I'll unfortunately be going the ICANN route, any tips or tricks would be helpful, although it looks straight forward.

Honestly, I don't understand why is it such a headache for you. If I search for SwCpoker , only SwCpoker.eu is the result. I don't see how he can cost real
damage to SwCpoker.eu. I don't think he has anything valuable to sell to you or your competition . There is a reason why SwC register domain as .eu.
and likely never care about .com.

Evan if he manage to point some players to your competition they will likely find out about real SwC soon. So my advice is, focus on your job and make SwC
THE bitcoin poker site again.

I was subject twice to extortion attempt about 20 years ago, and both times worked for me to ignore them. It's a mistake show any interest, as long
you communicate with him he has a chance for payout. One thing is to make threat to do something and other is actually spend time and money to do it.
Anyway it's your business and ultimately your decision.
curtl

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:46:29 AM

For my fellow Mac / Linux / Android folks:

If you want to play badly enough, buy one of these:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/437498/TW100_101_Tablet_-_Black

Full Windows 8 tablet for $180.  I am using it with a wireless keyboard and connected to a monitor via the micro HDMI cable to write this message.  It is plenty powerful, and cool to hold a full Windows PC in your hands.

No reason not to go this route if you are serious about playing SWC.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:11:22 AM

These domain guys are delusional.

Joshua Pelissero:
In regards to helping recover stolen names, ... I have managed to get these names returned without legal help, just pure desire to help a victim.

Ahhh you are such a good guy, Joshua Pelissero.

Completely delusional. Will do any disgusting trick to earn some money. Then saying in interviews how great a guy he is. Realistically in these times that domain name is close to worthless. I am sure it will not generate any traffic nor income. ~4 coins is way more than generous.

donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:55:26 AM

Lol joshua tried to shakedown medicaid .
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:13:25 AM

Micon, Glitch... there seems to be an issue when moving tables in tournament. I had this twice now, sometimes I don't have it, so not sure what the problem is. Anyway:

Late DeepTurbo had 9 players, so 1 table. 1 other player joined so it's 2 tables.. I was moved to this new table. Couldn't see my cards, timed out doing nothing.

Last hand on first table was #553387.

Second hand on new table was #553460 (could see that.) Don't know first hand # Sad

My internet connection is not the best ever and I am downloading so could be some lost packets too, never had it on Stars though.

WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:38:35 AM

Micon, Glitch... there seems to be an issue when moving tables in tournament. I had this twice now, sometimes I don't have it, so not sure what the problem is. Anyway:

Late DeepTurbo had 9 players, so 1 table. 1 other player joined so it's 2 tables.. I was moved to this new table. Couldn't see my cards, timed out doing nothing.

Last hand on first table was #553387.

Second hand on new table was #553460 (could see that.) Don't know first hand # Sad

My internet connection is not the best ever and I am downloading so could be some lost packets too, never had it on Stars though.

Did you try doing Help -> Force Reconnect?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: