Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:46:12 AM

You guys are so impatient. What, like GoCoin is suddenly going to disappear? They're one of the biggest crypto payment processors in the world, now.

Thank you.

This is not a P & D venture.

geez.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:40:58 AM

I take it this coin is dead? i mined zrc way back but dont think i even know what happened to them. Think i may have formatted my computer since then. Would be just my luck if this went up in price.

tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:45:41 AM

there is an assumption that will change the Protocol and get a different principle of construction and distribution of coins, because the coin is not mine and if at least the numbers on coinmarketcap does not change for a long time and depends on where and was never produced, no trade on the exchanges, but if my assumptions are not correct, then this coin is dead
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

there is an assumption that will change the Protocol and get a different principle of construction and distribution of coins, because the coin is not mine and if at least the numbers on coinmarketcap does not change for a long time and depends on where and was never produced, no trade on the exchanges, but if my assumptions are not correct, then this coin is dead

Wow...Google Translate fail.

Anyway, if by "dead" you mean "not in a parabolic move thanks to pump and dumpers" then yes, it's dead.

If by "dead" you mean "no prospects for widespread adoption and use as a currency" then no, it's probably the coin with the highest potential for widespread adoption...and in my opinion, it has THE highest potential for it (yes, including Bitcoin). There is a plan to get it into peoples' hands, to encourage its use, to create incentives surrounding it. None of which any other coin's backers have the ability to do. It was created with the express purpose of getting people to use it...not relying on speculators and "pumping" to create imaginary value that people would hopefully chase on the pump.

Other coins rely on a press release saying they've introduced some new bell or whistle to get a little pump for speculators to cash in on...or they celebrate one new soap vendor who decided to take it in payment. The growth has been atrocious over the past couple of years. GoCoin has a plan to get people actually using this coin, and it is through USE that it will gain value. That's the one and only reason Bitcoin has value today - it was put to use, thanks to the undernet markets. If it never gained a use as currency, people would still be trading it for fun to order pizzas. It would be nowhere. But Bitcoin has a LOT of work ahead of it, to become a truly spendable currency and there is no way to grease those wheels. GoCoin has the means to encourage the use of its coin because they are also the payment processor, and they already have a large network of merchants using them. When they can do credit card processing, that number is going to skyrocket. And every person who uses a credit card to buy something with a merchant that uses GoCoin may end up with GoCoin in their wallet to spend on their next purchase. For those people, GoCoin will be the face of cryptocurrency...not Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has been built solely on the backs of the people who evangelize and support it. GoCoin will not have that difficulty...they will rely on circulation and use to grow. Which is why I believe wholeheartedly that this coin has the potential to be more successful than any other coin as a currency, in the long term. Specifically because they DON'T rely on evangelism or crypto fanboy support.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:01:32 PM

Wow...Google Translate fail.

Anyway, if by "dead" you mean "not in a parabolic move thanks to pump and dumpers" then yes, it's dead.

If by "dead" you mean "no prospects for widespread adoption and use as a currency" then no, it's probably the coin with the highest potential for widespread adoption...and in my opinion, it has THE highest potential for it (yes, including Bitcoin). There is a plan to get it into peoples' hands, to encourage its use, to create incentives surrounding it. None of which any other coin's backers have the ability to do. It was created with the express purpose of getting people to use it...not relying on speculators and "pumping" to create imaginary value that people would hopefully chase on the pump.

Other coins rely on a press release saying they've introduced some new bell or whistle to get a little pump for speculators to cash in on...or they celebrate one new soap vendor who decided to take it in payment. The growth has been atrocious over the past couple of years. GoCoin has a plan to get people actually using this coin, and it is through USE that it will gain value. That's the one and only reason Bitcoin has value today - it was put to use, thanks to the undernet markets. If it never gained a use as currency, people would still be trading it for fun to order pizzas. It would be nowhere. But Bitcoin has a LOT of work ahead of it, to become a truly spendable currency and there is no way to grease those wheels. GoCoin has the means to encourage the use of its coin because they are also the payment processor, and they already have a large network of merchants using them. When they can do credit card processing, that number is going to skyrocket. And every person who uses a credit card to buy something with a merchant that uses GoCoin may end up with GoCoin in their wallet to spend on their next purchase. For those people, GoCoin will be the face of cryptocurrency...not Bitcoin.  Are you serious?

Bitcoin has been built solely on the backs of the people who evangelize and support it. GoCoin will not have that difficulty...they will rely on circulation and use to grow. Which is why I believe wholeheartedly that this coin has the potential to be more successful than any other coin as a currency, in the long term.  But it's not intended to be used as a currency.  It's purpose is to be used as a coupon Specifically because they DON'T rely on evangelism or crypto fanboy support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/4cghiz/the_first_of_many_updates_from_the_gocoin_team/

"we’ll be using the 300 million pre-mined coins for giveaways and promotions with our merchants. At this point the Redemption Guarantee ($1 or 5%) will be active with participating merchants."

Basically making any of the current coins people have mined worthless. Although with a measly $25,000 market cap and 12,773,630 in circulation one could argue that the coin is already worthless.

This coin has been neglected for over a year by those that released it.  They got their btc from the presale and have done nothing since.  Their merger with gocoin is no excuse for neglecting the people that may have invested in this coin well over a year ago.  The lack of communication shows they don't care.  And why should they?  They got their btc and that was the purpose of ziftrcoin from the beginning..
FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:39:51 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/4cghiz/the_first_of_many_updates_from_the_gocoin_team/

"we’ll be using the 300 million pre-mined coins for giveaways and promotions with our merchants. At this point the Redemption Guarantee ($1 or 5%) will be active with participating merchants."

Basically making any of the current coins people have mined worthless. Although with a measly $25,000 market cap and 12,773,630 in circulation one could argue that the coin is already worthless.

This coin has been neglected for over a year by those that released it.  They got their btc from the presale and have done nothing since.  Their merger with gocoin is no excuse for neglecting the people that may have invested in this coin well over a year ago.  The lack of communication shows they don't care.  And why should they?  They got their btc and that was the purpose of ziftrcoin from the beginning..

Uh...the giveaway was planned from day one, before the genesis block was even mined. That's been the plan all along, and it's what will give the coin value as a currency. They don't have to rely on hype, speculators and bubbles to give it a perception of value...they'll give it value by making it reliably valuable, and that's what the redemption minimum is about. Seeing that you can save $5 on a purchase if you buy 5 GoCoin to do it with, and with GoCoin trading for pennies, it would make sense to MOST people to go ahead and buy some to hang onto and use. If it gains value while you're holding it, great...but you know that you'll be able to redeem them for $1 each with GoCoin merchants. So it's a win/win. If enough people see that, then the price will climb due to demand. It won't happen fast, it's not probably going to be a bubble, but I still believe it's going to grow over time, and through use. If it gains enough popularity, though, and the price starts to climb at a decent speed, you'd better believe the speculators will see it. That can be a catalyst...especially because if it reaches $1 or more, they've stated there won't be a limit to how much of it you can spend.

This coin will derive its value from places that most crypto enthusiasts are not used to it coming from: Its use as a currency.
cointrader5

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:51:26 PM

I'm confident in the economics of the coin's success once the system is implemented and running, but I am feeling a bit cheated on the side of investor communication.
For many months there was zero communication. Then a few weeks ago was a sudden message from the devs about whats been happening but that dried up within days.
Admittedly there hasn't been a huge amount of time passed since then, but I would really like to see some sort of scheduled update or monthly AMA kind of system. Otherwise at this rate we might be waiting and hoping for more news next week, next month, the month after, until we're right back at the same communication void.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:14:55 PM

This coin has been neglected for over a year by those that released it.  They got their btc from the presale and have done nothing since.  Their merger with gocoin is no excuse for neglecting the people that may have invested in this coin well over a year ago.  The lack of communication shows they don't care.  And why should they?  They got their btc and that was the purpose of ziftrcoin from the beginning..

Uh...the giveaway was planned from day one, before the genesis block was even mined. That's been the plan all along, and it's what will give the coin value as a currency. They don't have to rely on hype, speculators and bubbles to give it a perception of value...they'll give it value by making it reliably valuable, and that's what the redemption minimum is about. Seeing that you can save $5 on a purchase if you buy 5 GoCoin to do it with, and with GoCoin trading for pennies, it would make sense to MOST people to go ahead and buy some to hang onto and use. If it gains value while you're holding it, great...but you know that you'll be able to redeem them for $1 each with GoCoin merchants. So it's a win/win. If enough people see that, then the price will climb due to demand. It won't happen fast, it's not probably going to be a bubble, but I still believe it's going to grow over time, and through use. If it gains enough popularity, though, and the price starts to climb at a decent speed, you'd better believe the speculators will see it. That can be a catalyst...especially because if it reaches $1 or more, they've stated there won't be a limit to how much of it you can spend.

This coin will derive its value from places that most crypto enthusiasts are not used to it coming from: Its use as a currency.

Oh whatever.  The damn giveaway is now months overdue.  The initial value of the coin after the ico is pennies on the dollar.  You can potentially save $5 using gocoin at participating merchants.  How many merchants are going to want to bother with some obscure altcoin?  Most don't even accept bitcoin which is the most widely used and known about cryptocurrency.  And how is it a win/win for the people that bought at the ico or the people that used resources to mine the coin that is now worth significantly less than what it cost to mine or buy?

The coin has basically been abandoned except for an occasional bi-monthly pop in to say they're working on integrating this and that and blah blah blah.  Things like the block explorer no longer work.  The coin has been delisted from most exchanges.  There is no activity in the thread.  Nobody cares about this coin.  You can say anything you want but the facts speak for themselves.  

I'm not trying to attack you personally.  I am just disgusted with these people that launch ico's, get their btc and then disappear leaving investors to watch any value they had evaporate.  They never mentioned that after they collected all that btc that everything would be put on hold for some merger that they decided to make.  They basically have told people to fuck off we're busy and don't give a damn.

FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:40:40 PM

A merger of this magnitude doesn't happen quickly...especially when they are integrating new technology into a platform (GoCoin) that is already deployed and servicing clients. The incentive program they have laid out with this coin will also take time to implement, but when merchants have on-boarded (and there's no reason they wouldn't, it's no cost to them and would create repeat business), it will start growing. It's just not going to be this big parabolic gain that will make people rich quickly. Those days are over...people chasing that are like penny stock traders.
Poly Coins

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:57:23 AM

GoCoin should have hired FreeJack2k instead as the PR person...
At least the guy is more responsive and active than anyone from that company. Even if it is to justify inaction and repeat the same trite arguments.
FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:09:30 AM

GoCoin should have hired FreeJack2k instead as the PR person...
At least the guy is more responsive and active than anyone from that company. Even if it is to justify inaction and repeat the same trite arguments.

Doesn't really matter to me if the typical crypto pump chaser invests money into this coin or doesn't, to be really honest with you. I put money into this precisely because the plan surrounding it doesn't rely on crypto speculator support, at all (beyond the ICO, I guess). The arguments for it that I make are to give interested parties food for thought, but whether or not you put money behind it matters not at all to me. I'm not looking for short-term gains with this one, nor do I expect them.
LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:25:03 PM

Man, what happened to the price? And the trading volume is near to zero for a long time. Where is the marketing staff?

cointrader5

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:56:29 PM

Waiting on the final public release of the merchant platform, apparently with the give-away around the same time.
Hopefully once the merchant network is functional and streamlined the trade volume and price will follow swiftly behind.

Here are all the announcements is anyone needs them
https://redd.it/4cghiz
https://redd.it/4gr22d
https://redd.it/4il7w0
LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:06:47 PM

Waiting on the final public release of the merchant platform, apparently with the give-away around the same time.
Hopefully once the merchant network is functional and streamlined the trade volume and price will follow swiftly behind.

Thanks for sharing, I will try to follow more closely.

It is a project with so much potential, but it seems like the things still very slow here.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:48:57 PM

Interesting...Finally some new updates announced recently for Ziftrcoin. Let's see how this will turn out to be. If they manage to release the new platform (GoCoin), I hope it does bring real innovation as Ziftrcoin has been kept silent for many long time. Maybe soon, my ZRC will be worth something after all  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Block By Block

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 06:43:21 PM

Ziftr Merger and Rebranding: an arbitrage opportunity

https://medium.com/@BlockByBlock/ziftr-merger-and-rebranding-an-arbitrage-opportunity-b7807ae4d51b#.pqqff2lf2
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:04:24 AM

In a nutshell!

Nicely said.

I spoke to GoCoin CEO recently & he showed me compelling progress and comprehensive merchant integration.

Yes, it sucks how long it takes.  

My own work in Crypto went "stealth" over a year ago because of competition & outright corporate theft.

Much better "Safe than sorry!!!"
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 09:19:27 AM

In a nutshell!

Nicely said.

I spoke to GoCoin CEO recently & he showed me compelling progress and comprehensive merchant integration.

My own work in Crypto went "stealth" over a year ago because of competition & outright corporate theft.

so the work is worth it or find another option for your investment portfolio?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 10:06:47 AM

In a nutshell!

Nicely said.

Crypto people are strange, they need constant weekly updates and if they don't get it, the scam and fud starts.

In the real world with real business professionals and not a guy in his basement, investors get most of their information from quarterly and annual reports. You think IBM or Apple are going to have guys on a forum giving weekly updates about what they are working on? Nuts to that, you'd be out of business quick. There's a difference between PR and outright telling your competitors everything you're doing.

Anyway I never paid much attention to Ziftr when it first launched and am only now seeing rumblings of its return now, which at this bottom price has me interested. But if they have been spending this past year to build a complete B2B transaction solution in secret then this could be a killer investment, there are alot of coins focused on real-world use but few have the partnerships or point-of-sale hardware reach to really get it off the ground. Even Bitcoin still has this issue. If Ziftr and GoCoin can solve this it might be a dark horse. 
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:54:48 AM

yeah dark horse.. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: