Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:50:59 AM

Thanks for the laugh. 

You're welcome, I guess?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ziftrCOIN (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:04:44 PM

Hey folks!

My name is Jon Holmquist. I was recently brought onboard to work for GoCoin.

I have worked across the board with Bitcoin and altcoin companies providing marketing services and community management. I worked with early Bitcoin companies, when Bitcoin was growing. I worked with the early Dogecoin community, when Dogecoin was growing, and I worked with Ripple Labs, when XRP was growing.
For GoCoin, I’ll be focusing a lot of my efforts on revitalizing ZiftrCOIN.

I’ll dive right into the changes that will be happening with ZiftrCOIN. First of all, a brand name change from calling the coins itself, ZiftrCOIN, instead to ‘GoCoin’. It’s shorter, more memorable, and will make the company merger more seamless.

Next, we’ll be integrating GoCoins as an opt-in payment method for all existing GoCoin merchants. Future merchants will also have the option of using GoCoins as a reward option for their customers.
We are also going to be aiming for a much wider merchant base by adding credit card acceptance.

We are currently in what we’re calling ‘Phase 1’ of the merger process. The goals of Phase 1 are to bring credit card acceptance online. We have currently finished more than half of the legwork to make GoCoin compliant for credit card acceptance. Once it is ready to integrate, I will push out another update as we roll it out to a couple test merchants.

Phase 2 will be the full integration of GoCoins across the GoCoin merchant network. During the end of this phase we’ll be using the 300 million pre-mined coins for giveaways and promotions with our merchants. At this point the Redemption Guarantee ($1 or 5%) will be active with participating merchants.

While we’re finishing up integration, I’ll be working to recruit more GoCoin merchants and looking for ways to grow the newly named GoCoin community. If anyone is interested in getting involved please shoot me a PM. I’m also interested in hearing your guys’ ideas on how we can best help this community grow and flourish.

From this point on, expect more frequent (and probably shorter!) updates on what is going on.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:42:24 PM

Finally some update!
Welcome aboard Jon, best of luck in tackling the challenges ahead.  Smiley

cointrader5

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:47:25 PM

Glad to finally have some more news! I'm looking forward to seeing this coin's wider adoption and increased consumer confidence. Hopefully we'll also see the original promises of the coin being fulfilled too.
devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:57:28 PM

Hey folks!

I have worked across the board with Bitcoin and altcoin companies providing marketing services and community management. I worked with early Bitcoin companies, when Bitcoin was growing. I worked with the early Dogecoin community, when Dogecoin was growing, and I worked with Ripple Labs, when XRP was growing.

I’ll dive right into the changes that will be happening with ZiftrCOIN. First of all, a brand name change from calling the coins itself, ZiftrCOIN, instead to ‘GoCoin’. It’s shorter, more memorable, and will make the company merger more seamless.

Next, we’ll be integrating GoCoins as an opt-in payment method for all existing GoCoin merchants. Future merchants will also have the option of using GoCoins as a reward option for their customers.
We are also going to be aiming for a much wider merchant base by adding credit card acceptance.

We are currently in what we’re calling ‘Phase 1’ of the merger process. The goals of Phase 1 are to bring credit card acceptance online. We have currently finished more than half of the legwork to make GoCoin compliant for credit card acceptance. Once it is ready to integrate, I will push out another update as we roll it out to a couple test merchants.

Phase 2 will be the full integration of GoCoins across the GoCoin merchant network. During the end of this phase we’ll be using the 300 million pre-mined coins for giveaways and promotions with our merchants. At this point the Redemption Guarantee ($1 or 5%) will be active with participating merchants.

While we’re finishing up integration, I’ll be working to recruit more GoCoin merchants and looking for ways to grow the newly named GoCoin community. If anyone is interested in getting involved please shoot me a PM. I’m also interested in hearing your guys’ ideas on how we can best help this community grow and flourish.

From this point on, expect more frequent (and probably shorter!) updates on what is going on.

This is nice but let's see what will come in future....
Blockchain.Ventures

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 01:58:39 AM

Hey folks!

Great news that Ziftr will actually be put to use soon.
Is there any estimate on when phase 1 will be complete?
Here is a suggestion: consider a switch to PoW/PoS.
The PoS aspect will be one more reason to accept/use ziftr.
The interest from PoS would create an incentive to also hold ziftr (while strengthening network) and not just acquire ziftr for spending alone.
How are you planning on using the 300 million? Promotions and giveaways is very vague answer.
cointrader5

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:25:50 AM

The interest from PoS would create an incentive to also hold ziftr (while strengthening network) and not just acquire ziftr for spending alone.
Personally I don't think that PoS would be best suited to this form of currency. While it would drive short term buying of the coin, it would also lead to a lot of large deposits of help coin that aren't being used and spent. It could work, but it would most likely be at an extremely small yearly percentage.
Blockchain.Ventures

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 05:07:58 PM

Personally I don't think that PoS would be best suited to this form of currency. While it would drive short term buying of the coin, it would also lead to a lot of large deposits of help coin that aren't being used and spent. It could work, but it would most likely be at an extremely small yearly percentage.

Why would PoS not be suited?
The large deposits of coins that are not being spent happens no matter what.
Bitcoin is not PoS but has that happening.
PoS will only lead to increase in holding by a small amount but still provides users some incentive to own ziftr and not just purchase when spending.
The difference is people will be always invested and part of ziftr if they are actively holding it.
If they are only buying ziftr for the discount then they have no reason to be active and supportive of the community or coin itself.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

A PoS hybrid to add security (so that not only PoW is moving the network along) would make sense, assuming a relatively low interest rate. I've got no particular preference myself, though I imagine that I'd benefit from PoS as I hold a few ZRCs.

More importantly, would be great to start seeing some details soon on how the transition will happen from Ziftrcoins to GoCoins. If any of the technical parameters will change (such as emission rate for example), an early announcement would be ideal...

cointrader5

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:13:27 PM

Why would PoS not be suited?
The large deposits of coins that are not being spent happens no matter what.
Bitcoin is not PoS but has that happening.
PoS will only lead to increase in holding by a small amount but still provides users some incentive to own ziftr and not just purchase when spending.
The difference is people will be always invested and part of ziftr if they are actively holding it.
If they are only buying ziftr for the discount then they have no reason to be active and supportive of the community or coin itself.

One of the main reasons why I'm not quite so sure, admittedly, would be the number of over hyped then failed PoS coins. It could be a good fairly good incentive, but it can't overshadow the main purpose of the coin as a more commercially viable and hopefully more stable currency.

On an unrelated note, any chance of a decent block explorer returning to ziftrcoin? The current 'new' block explorer https://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/3056xj/new_ziftrcoin_block_explorer/ hasn't worked for however long and the alternative is of little to no help either.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:24:27 PM

WTG, ZRC & GoCoin!

@ziftrCOIN thanks for a great update!
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:08:40 AM

Hey folks!

Thanks for the update. I guess that Ziftrcoin will be worth something after all. So that means that there is still hope. Only time will tell if this coin will have a good future. Now I am closely following this thread for updates.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ziftrCOIN (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:06:20 PM

Hey folks!

Great news that Ziftr will actually be put to use soon.
Is there any estimate on when phase 1 will be complete?
How are you planning on using the 300 million? Promotions and giveaways is very vague answer.

I'll throw out a ballpark of 2 weeks to finish phase 1.

I don't think we'll be looking into a network change anytime soon, maybe once we've gotten the merchant network using the coin.

I'm still laying out a concrete plan on what types of promotions we want to run. If you have any suggestions feel free to shoot me a PM or discuss it here! The goal will be to tie every 'giveaway' to an actual purchase that will help our participating merchants out as well.
ziftrCOIN (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:15:35 PM

A PoS hybrid to add security (so that not only PoW is moving the network along) would make sense, assuming a relatively low interest rate. I've got no particular preference myself, though I imagine that I'd benefit from PoS as I hold a few ZRCs.

More importantly, would be great to start seeing some details soon on how the transition will happen from Ziftrcoins to GoCoins. If any of the technical parameters will change (such as emission rate for example), an early announcement would be ideal...

I will keep you updated on any technical changes.

One of the main reasons why I'm not quite so sure, admittedly, would be the number of over hyped then failed PoS coins. It could be a good fairly good incentive, but it can't overshadow the main purpose of the coin as a more commercially viable and hopefully more stable currency.

On an unrelated note, any chance of a decent block explorer returning to ziftrcoin? The current 'new' block explorer https://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/3056xj/new_ziftrcoin_block_explorer/ hasn't worked for however long and the alternative is of little to no help either.

I'll see if I can get the source of that website and host it somewhere.

cointrader5

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:40:37 PM

Well that burst of activity dried up rather quickly.
Any further word on the possibility of a new block explorer?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:14:16 PM

That is rather strange. Dev appears suddenly with some news about Ziftr 11 days ago and then disappears. Also, I don't see anything new or exciting that has happened to Ziftrcoin, so I think this coin is lost unless something big happens. I was going to invest into this coin, but I'll guess I'll hold my BTC until I see something promising. A new block explorer would be a great start.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cointrader5

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:30:38 PM

That is rather strange. Dev appears suddenly with some news about Ziftr 11 days ago and then disappears. Also, I don't see anything new or exciting that has happened to Ziftrcoin, so I think this coin is lost unless something big happens. I was going to invest into this coin, but I'll guess I'll hold my BTC until I see something promising. A new block explorer would be a great start.  Grin

There was some mention of what might be happening and the rough estimate of 2 weeks for phase 1. I think I'll give another week or 2 before I lose all faith on the matter

I'll throw out a ballpark of 2 weeks to finish phase 1.

I don't think we'll be looking into a network change anytime soon, maybe once we've gotten the merchant network using the coin.

I'm still laying out a concrete plan on what types of promotions we want to run. If you have any suggestions feel free to shoot me a PM or discuss it here! The goal will be to tie every 'giveaway' to an actual purchase that will help our participating merchants out as well.

huzhongqi

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:24:04 AM

big prime....
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:53:42 PM

You guys are so impatient. What, like GoCoin is suddenly going to disappear? They're one of the biggest crypto payment processors in the world, now.
cointrader5

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:00:28 PM

You guys are so impatient. What, like GoCoin is suddenly going to disappear? They're one of the biggest crypto payment processors in the world, now.
After so many months of no communication and no progress to see, its not too unreasonable to see that continuing in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: