Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 09:09:53 PM

We can't predict when bitcoin die or live, we should do know is to influenced other people like relatives, friends, etc. to use bitcoin, if we do that bitcoin will still alive.

Your post is pretty much uncomprehenable. There isnt anything that will make BTC "dead" , not about how many people use it or if the price is tanking to a dirt cheap price because what matter the most will be the technology of it. Common people cant see this which is why most of them tends to measure wether BTC is dead or not solely from the price alone and let alone the technology of it

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:05:17 PM

It's far from dead, as long as the devs can come up with a reasonable solution to not end up ruining it, which I think has very low possibilities of happening. We are still 0.11 version so we have a long way to go. Hopefully the blocksize limit problem is solved before we hit 0.2..
yes, there are some very encouraging and positive new developments happening in bitcoin all the time. Widely used by common folk or not, bitcoin is useful and remains full of potential.
\

yes, and people have started to know about the bitcoins, and many of them have invested and already started to use bitcoins as a currency and that is a great news for the bitcoin community, so I think bitcoin is growing and would be alive for many years to come.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:44:54 AM

bitcoin is not dead and still alive until now even bitcoin price is pretty low now not but more people interested to use bitcoin everyday ,and it is keeping bitcoin still alive maybe in the next 10 years
I think not only 10 years, maybe it still alive after 50 years. Because its so very useful in people and if its become the world currency, many countries can grow their economy in just one 1 using bitcoin, it can greatly affect the transaction speed.
still too early to speculate bitcoin can alive up to 50 years, because 50 years is a very long while bitcoin is still 6 years of age while the selling price is also up and down
Atm, bitcoin need stability, and imo stability can be earned only by adoption. So for me this seems like to be a huge monsterball

Compared to what happens to shiny metals and oil at the present, with stock markets crashing here and there, and whole nations blackmailing each other now and then, bitcoin is like a rocky island in the raging ocean, in the stormy sea. Smiley
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:06:01 AM

With 0.8 billion VC funds expected to enter bitcoin companies in 2015 do you really think bitcoin is dead? The party is only just starting. Just wait until ETFs come online or the next price surge sets another adoption wave.

Exactly, too much money has entered this ecosystem for it to be dead. Now, it's true that the price is currently not reflecting this positively but that's why smart people are reading the signs and hoarding as much as they can, while others, less smart are asking questions is Bitcoin dead?

Don't let yourself not seeing forest from the trees!
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:07:18 AM

With 0.8 billion VC funds expected to enter bitcoin companies in 2015 do you really think bitcoin is dead? The party is only just starting. Just wait until ETFs come online or the next price surge sets another adoption wave.

Exactly, too much money has entered this ecosystem for it to be dead. Now, it's true that the price is currently not reflecting this positively but that's why smart people are reading the signs and hoarding as much as they can, while others, less smart are asking questions is Bitcoin dead?

people who think bitcoin is dead just don't know what bitcoin is and what exactly powers bitcoin. these people are horrible investors. let them think what they want. they will regret not buying. or they will buy at the peak when it's too late.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:57:36 PM

people who think bitcoin is dead just don't know what bitcoin is and what exactly powers bitcoin. these people are horrible investors. let them think what they want. they will regret not buying. or they will buy at the peak when it's too late.
maybe they have just lost some bucks Tongue
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:05:26 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will ever be dead. I doubt it. It's the first crypto currency ever created in history that started the with the Blockchain technology. But I do know this....once Bitcoin becomes mainstream, it's value will probably rise up to $1000 or more. That's why I'm holding Bitcoin since it's the most valuable crypto right now. Most other coins are just another copy of the Bitcoin code (like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc) However, I have to admit that most coins have bought promising technologies such as Monero (XMR) which is by far one of my most favorites. Just opining  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:25:22 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will ever be dead. I doubt it. It's the first crypto currency ever created in history that started the with the Blockchain technology. But I do know this....once Bitcoin becomes mainstream, it's value will probably rise up to $1000 or more. That's why I'm holding Bitcoin since it's the most valuable crypto right now. Most other coins are just another copy of the Bitcoin code (like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc) However, I have to admit that most coins have bought promising technologies such as Monero (XMR) which is by far one of my most favorites. Just opining  Cheesy
1,bitcoin it's already mainstream
2,monero is shit
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:44:05 AM

2,monero is shit

1. Well I was talking about global acceptance (everybody would use it)

2. Could you explain why Monero is shit?

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

2,monero is shit

Bitcoin is definitely not mainstream, mainstream could be something which is used/accessed by atleast 1/10th of the world. That is why hollywood is claimed to be mainstream, because thousands of people watch hollywood movies everyday, buy such movies. Same goes for musicians, etc. I don't think bitcoin is at that level. There are 2-3million bitcoin owners in this world, and only 200-300k active users of btc Smiley

Monero? Just another crypto-currency. Since it is not based on Bitcoin, Monero cannot take advantage of the Bitcoin technological ecosystem, like GUI wallet or payment processors.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:21:46 PM

2,monero is shit

Bitcoin is definitely not mainstream, mainstream could be something which is used/accessed by atleast 1/10th of the world. That is why hollywood is claimed to be mainstream, because thousands of people watch hollywood movies everyday, buy such movies. Same goes for musicians, etc. I don't think bitcoin is at that level. There are 2-3million bitcoin owners in this world, and only 200-300k active users of btc Smiley

Monero? Just another crypto-currency. Since it is not based on Bitcoin, Monero cannot take advantage of the Bitcoin technological ecosystem, like GUI wallet or payment processors.
yeah we cannot say that bitcoin is already mainstream because there such people who know what is bitcoin really are, and most of people are didn't yet know the bitcoin and also more people more likely to used their own currency than bitcoin, because they though that bitcoin is NETWORKING :3
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:09:26 PM

yeah we cannot say that bitcoin is already mainstream because there such people who know what is bitcoin really are, and most of people are didn't yet know the bitcoin and also more people more likely to used their own currency than bitcoin, because they though that bitcoin is NETWORKING :3

The only way bitcoin could be assumed mainstream when there is a significant amount of people enough to stop transacting in any other currency except bitcoin. The amount of people who would desire this evolution would be enough to cause a change/effect loss in the market if they did not buy anything despite being potential customers of this organization/business/etc. As of now, bitcoin stands not mainstream.
andolini82

Activity: 558

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:11:14 AM

What u said mention above that bitcoin was died in every aspect alreadt got it answers by it self on the moment of the last 3 weeks where the value of bitcoin in global exchange going up in major region

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:25:12 AM

What u said mention above that bitcoin was died in every aspect alreadt got it answers by it self on the moment of the last 3 weeks where the value of bitcoin in global exchange going up in major region

The price and value of bitcoin will fluctuate as people are still settling down with bitcoin. There are people who left bitcoin because they cared more about short term financial profits and did not have the vision to see the ability of bitcoin. Some people are there who are holding their btc but they are not active, they've just invested their money in it and then there are those people who use btc daily. They are the ones who really cause an affect on the bitcoin market.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:03:13 PM

The only way bitcoin could be assumed mainstream when there is a significant amount of people enough to stop transacting in any other currency except bitcoin. The amount of people who would desire this evolution would be enough to cause a change/effect loss in the market if they did not buy anything despite being potential customers of this organization/business/etc. As of now, bitcoin stands not mainstream.
Yes we could say that if most of people used bitcoin not totally all, but its a long time to happened that situation, we can only do is still support and used bitcoin or buy bitcoin to maintain its price so that users will not go and leave the bitcoin community.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:52:21 PM

Yes we could say that if most of people used bitcoin not totally all, but its a long time to happened that situation, we can only do is still support and used bitcoin or buy bitcoin to maintain its price so that users will not go and leave the bitcoin community.

I think there are more ways to support bitcoin than just using bitcoin, we can really help bitcoin if we actually make it a part of our life. We should talk about it to other people or else get more involved with other people in the community and make apps and websites which drive more potential users to the bitcoin world which educates and also benefits them
CryptoRev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

I think there are more ways to support bitcoin than just using bitcoin, we can really help bitcoin if we actually make it a part of our life. We should talk about it to other people or else get more involved with other people in the community and make apps and websites which drive more potential users to the bitcoin world which educates and also benefits them

I agree, we need to use it and also be its spokespersons. word-of-mouth advertisement has huge potential and is usually unappreciated. 
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

Tending to suggest that bitcoin is for anoraks.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

yes, mouth publicity is the biggest publicity in the world, For eg If you watch a movie and tell your friend that it was worth to spend money on it, other 10 guys will go and watch the movie, same goes with the bitcoin too. We need to spread the awareness level among the people around us, if publicity is done in the proper way then surely the bitcoin users would be more in future.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:28:15 AM

yes, mouth publicity is the biggest publicity in the world, For eg If you watch a movie and tell your friend that it was worth to spend money on it, other 10 guys will go and watch the movie, same goes with the bitcoin too. We need to spread the awareness level among the people around us, if publicity is done in the proper way then surely the bitcoin users would be more in future.

Bitcoin needs a great leader to lead the team of bitcoin users which can make a difference. As we are influenced by the great leaders that we simply start following them, and if those leaders starts promoting bitcoins, then it is a win-win situation for the bitcoin community as there would be many others who will wish to follow or join the team  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: