Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 09:38:02 AM

From IRC: C-cex is working diligently to get wallet working again

12:50:40 PM
they are recompiling now

they had corrupt wallet, john thinks he has identified the reason and he can prevent it from happening again

Yes, I explained to them to maintain backups of their wallet files therefore my decision to have them de-list VNL until they fix their problems. Cool

Thank you for your support.

Of course we did backups and everything is fixed already and deposits/withdrawals and trading works fine. Please, implement "stop" RPC command - it will help to maintain wallet more safely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:39:21 AM

Can we please refrain from ad hominems.  Granted, trolls going to troll and they have no issue with perpetuating a negative atmosphere but the rest of us don't need to embrace it.

Replies are obviously going to happen but let's keep it civil...it's better in the long run for sure.

Two cents...

I agree, as someone holding this coin, for the moment, I am concerned about the faster miners. No point in mining this if some can mine 6x faster, this needs to be fixed or it will screw up distribution. I am going to scale out a little tonight and hope somehow a miner gets released, as this coin is very interesting. If the distribution gets too messed up, that won't matter however. This is a serious concern. Short term price and volume isn't an issue, distribution is a major one.
Come on : for every crypto algo, probably there have been private miners : http://da-data.blogspot.fr/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html.
I have heard there were private miners for bitcoin too during the cpu and gpu mining area.
There have been for X11, groestl, ....
The most optimized here are probably about twice more performant. And the dev seems to keep for themselves (the worst would be to sell it to big private pools). With the very low amount of donations for dev, I find legit they keep for themselves for few weeks their super optimized code.
I am mining with the nvidia public miner and I find it profitable and I am happy.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:11:57 AM

they are recompiling now

they had corrupt wallet, john thinks he has identified the reason and he can prevent it from happening again

Yes, I explained to them to maintain backups of their wallet files therefore my decision to have them de-list VNL until they fix their problems. Cool

Of course we did backups and everything is fixed already and deposits/withdrawals and trading works fine. Please, implement "stop" RPC command - it will help to maintain wallet more safely.

Honeybadger fixed it for you, again. And they don't seem to be needing any additional RPC commands. Yeah, there is room for improvements since this is a beta, but your obviously doing something wrong. Your continiously pushing the blame on others.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 02:30:25 PM

So when did you shed your noob shill persona and become a developer ? lol

You are seriously quoting what I commented 1.5 years ago when I just got to know what crypto is?

Meanwhile for you, the same timespan wasn't enough to educate yourself on how to spot the difference between bitcoin clones and new developments. Please check your comment again that was in response to me. You clearly think that the WhirlpoolX algo is the only thing this project has to offer meaning you:

1) Didn't read the whitepaper
2) Didn't check the code
3) Didn't read the vanillacoin.net forums

Still you are here and ranting about nonsense. Next time pay someone if you are too lazy to do these things for your own research.

And now you are doing personal attacks because someone points out your enormous stupidity? Please read again what you responded to my comment aimed at you and how you kept going on about the algo, like anyone mentioned it in the first place.

Edit: not sure if you missed it during your heavy (and long) research hours, but the developer is "john-connor"

Edit2: everything adds up now, you seriously never visited the official forum, or checked who pushes the github commits, or read the ANN, or anything so far. You have no clue who develops here, what role Wolf0 has or what role I have in this. I guess you never even joined the IRC discussions right? Why are you even talking here, you made less research than what the avarage c-cex trollbox shill does on coins.

If you're going to use socks, you should at least proof read your post so that you stay in character, john.. Wink

Whatever the case, just as with SPR and every other new algo you and your gang are pushing, there is NOTHING new here.

New client ? NOPE !

VNL is completely a clone of Libcoin.You can check the source code by yourself.

He locked the thread and allows only 1 core with 1 IP  in order to mine with high performance cpu (or gpu ).

This is definitely a scam without any doubt.

New algo ?! FUCK NO !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890388.msg9857405#msg9857405

Yes i'm trying to help us not getting burnt. Thats all. When he said new...it is not...I have been mining this algo for a while.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679134.0

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:39:28 PM

I do not want to enter the debate but whirlpool != whirlpoolx, at least as much as groestlcoin != myriad-groestl, for example.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:50:51 PM

This guy thinks I am John, rofl.

Dude, with 3 google searches you can find my real name, indentity and where I live. I'm never hiding anything online since I never did anything to hurt the community here.

Calling me John is just absurd , I'm not even a native english speaker and I have the exact opposite online time of John, when I'm taking a rest he is online on IRC and when I come back he is about to leave, are you implying that I'm literally not sleeping for weeks straight?

Your logic is heavily flawed and the way you are trying to smear this project is pathetic. I would do anything to be able to code projects like these, but I'll just stay by the community/PR part.

Hire anyone and let them check the code, this has literally nothing in common with libcoin, ask any poloniex wallet admin to check your claims, they did a code review.

Not sure what is more insulting, your autism or that you quote people who are even more autistic.

I'm going to ask you this one last time: did you take 5 minutes to read the code and the whitepaper?

You are only stating things that get denied by the above mentioned 2 things.

c-cex
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 07:53:04 PM

they are recompiling now

Honeybadger fixed it for you, again. And they don't seem to be needing any additional RPC commands. Yeah, there is room for improvements since this is a beta, but your obviously doing something wrong. Your continiously pushing the blame on others.

No, I say thank You to Honeybadger everywhere. No blaming, just request to add "stop" RPC command that every wallet has and allow to stop it 100% without issues

smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

just request to add "stop" RPC command that every wallet has and allow to stop it 100% without issues

Looks like you can kill wallet to stop it. From main.cpp:

Code:
    /**
     * Wait for termination.
     */
    boost::asio::io_service ios;
    boost::asio::signal_set signals(ios, SIGINT, SIGTERM);
    signals.async_wait(std::bind(&boost::asio::io_service::stop, &ios));
    ios.run();

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

they are recompiling now

No, I say thank You to Honeybadger everywhere. No blaming, just request to add "stop" RPC command that every wallet has and allow to stop it 100% without issues

I'll request the implementation by John, hope that helps with the issues.

tomewok

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:25:05 PM

He locked the thread and allows only 1 core with 1 IP  in order to mine with high performance cpu (or gpu ).

VNL and Libcoin are the same because libcoin is the first name of the project, it's like saying Dash is a clone of Darkcoin..
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:31:45 PM

He locked the thread and allows only 1 core with 1 IP  in order to mine with high performance cpu (or gpu ).

VNL and Libcoin are the same because libcoin is the first name of the project, it's like saying Dash is a clone of Darkcoin..

That's completely false. The dev wanted to name the project "Libcoin", but he didn't know that there was already a project started with that name.

Quote from John: "No, I named it Libcoin before I knew about libcoin, therefore the core is now called CoinPP. It is a ground up rewrite of PeerCoin and then some."

tomewok

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:40:01 PM

That's completely false. The dev wanted to name the project "Libcoin", but he didn't know that there was already a project started with that name.

Quote from John: "No, I named it Libcoin before I knew about libcoin, therefore the core is now called CoinPP. It is a ground up rewrite of PeerCoin and then some."

Sorry, i misunderstood then.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:59:45 PM

Sorry, i misunderstood then.

Np, just wanted to clear it up ^^

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:07:34 PM

News 19/03

New wallet is out with the following features/changes:

• Now creates a backup of the original wallet file upon first creation.
  • Support for RPC "backupwallet" and "importprivkey".
  • Fixed "connect inputs failed" bug related to Proof-of-Stake.
  • Fixed balance bug related to Proof-of-Stake.
  • Fixed stuck invalid transaction bug related to Proof-of-Stake
  • General Bug Fixes

Link: http://vanillacoin.net/wallets.php

See the original post by john-connor: http://vanillacoin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=586

Thank you John, this is awesome!

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:16:58 PM

News 19/03

New wallet is out with the following features/changes:

• Now creates a backup of the original wallet file upon first creation.
  • Support for RPC "backupwallet" and "importprivkey".
  • Fixed "connect inputs failed" bug related to Proof-of-Stake.
  • Fixed balance bug related to Proof-of-Stake.
  • Fixed stuck invalid transaction bug related to Proof-of-Stake
  • General Bug Fixes

Link: http://vanillacoin.net/wallets.php

See the original post by john-connor: http://vanillacoin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=586

Thank you John, this is awesome!

I've updated Suprnova to latest github

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
pavetherainforest

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:41:11 AM

I've been having a problem with the mac wallet crashing on me on startup. i just updated the wallet to the new one, but i'm still having the issue. is there anything you can suggest to try? i have 1000 vnl stuck in there.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:04:17 AM

I've been having a problem with the mac wallet crashing on me on startup. i just updated the wallet to the new one, but i'm still having the issue. is there anything you can suggest to try? i have 1000 vnl stuck in there.

Jump on IRC, sadly I don't own a mac, but you will get help.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:04:52 AM

So, news about the miner - one of my testers exaggerated the CPU usage a little, I've run it on several systems and had another tester do it, and while it's increased slightly from stock, it's not really an issue.

The current progress in terms of hashrate is in the screenshot below - that will likely be all, as I just have my testers looking for any bugs I may have added while fixing other bugs before release.

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/whirlpoolxwolfpub-03202015.png

LOL - Wolf0 - I have learned the hard way not to open your screenshots with my kids around.  Tongue

5m4ru

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:28:55 AM

So, news about the miner - one of my testers exaggerated the CPU usage a little, I've run it on several systems and had another tester do it, and while it's increased slightly from stock, it's not really an issue.

The current progress in terms of hashrate is in the screenshot below - that will likely be all, as I just have my testers looking for any bugs I may have added while fixing other bugs before release.

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/whirlpoolxwolfpub-03202015.png

LOL - Wolf0 - I have learned the hard way not to open your screenshots with my kids around.  Tongue

All I have to say is, you were warned. Tongue
Wolf when are you going to release?

ha ha ha Cheesy
smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:24:53 PM

Is that for your upcoming illustrated guide for mining kernels developers?
Side note: I'm working on a miner to release for WhirlpoolX - containing a few optimizations and a lot of verbose comments for devs.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: