Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

While the FPGA advantage is mainly power consumption I picked the whirlpool hash function because it runs about 10-50 times faster on hardware than other hash functions. That said, the move to FPGA's will be a huge leap forward in terms of hash output vs GPU devices.

Thank you for your support.
That violates the most basic requirement (in my opinion) for every coin. That is, to be mineable by everyone with a computer.
But I don't expect from you to understand this  Cheesy
You proved before, that you are a great developer but you don't  think too much of the morals of your creations.

Actually his approach makes sense particularly from the developer's standpoint. More hashrate means more security for the network. Cryptocurrency was initially designed as a decentralized payment system rather than a way to get rich by means of your computer. Although most people on this forum tend to forget this or just value coins by the profit they can make regardless of their real use as a currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikos64

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:03:51 AM

More hashrate means more security for the network. Cryptocurrency was initially designed as a decentralized payment system
You know, you can't mine Bitcoin today. All the hashrate originates from 2-3 factories. If they want to steal they steal. Add to that, that Bitcoin is not anonymous-private and you get the picture: Why use Bitcoin instead of fiat?
But maybe John got it right. Since the algo is not heavy on memory, someone will program a FPGA for this and screw us. So why all of us have the chance to do it?  Grin
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:14:45 AM

While the FPGA advantage is mainly power consumption I picked the whirlpool hash function because it runs about 10-50 times faster on hardware than other hash functions. That said, the move to FPGA's will be a huge leap forward in terms of hash output vs GPU devices.

That violates the most basic requirement (in my opinion) for every coin. That is, to be mineable by everyone with a computer.
You proved before, that you are a great developer but you don't  think too much of the morals of your creations.
FPGA support is an energy efficient evolutionary step forward. I myself cannot mine Vanillacoin because GPU's are too costly to operate currently. Cool

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
nikos64

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:44:34 AM

FPGA support is an energy efficient evolutionary step forward. I myself cannot mine Vanillacoin because GPU's are too costly to operate currently. Cool

I understand this, but the fact is, you need to buy specialized hardware for mining.
At this moment, I can mine Monero with my processor and Vanilla with my (measly) graphics card. I can run office applications with my processor too and play games with my graphics card. What other thing can I do with an FPGA?
hankrules

Activity: 673

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:07:51 AM

I understand this, but the fact is, you need to buy specialized hardware for mining.
At this moment, I can mine Monero with my processor and Vanilla with my (measly) graphics card. I can run office applications with my processor too and play games with my graphics card. What other thing can I do with an FPGA?

Mine some vanilla knockoff shitcoins

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:47:05 AM

What other thing can I do with an FPGA?

That's the cool thing about fpga's you can reprogram it to do anything,  ASICs on the other hand can only do what they were originally made for.

{ BitSpill }
nikos64

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:27:14 AM

That's the cool thing about fpga's you can reprogram it to do anything,  ASICs on the other hand can only do what they were originally made for.
That's a moot point Roll Eyes There's no way for the common guy who bought this FPGA to mine Vanillacoin, to find other uses for it.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:35:07 AM

That's a moot point Roll Eyes There's no way for the common guy who bought this FPGA to mine Vanillacoin, to find other uses for it.

But it compares in the sense that when you're done mining with your GPU farm are you going to play Crysis at 8k with 20 R290's?

No, it's just not going to happen, rather you sell it to someone else who does have a use for it

{ BitSpill }
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:54:21 AM

Well yes and no. If you already have a gpu that does 250MH/s, you can buy a $100 FPGA and eventually get 250MH/s on it using 1/40th of the electricity. But you could also mine with that GPU for A LONG time for $100 worth of electricity (even if you have high rates like myself). And right now the best option is probably just buying $100 worth of VNL at these prices. I like to mine with GPUs because they are already paid for, no new hardware to invest in. Now I am not opposed to buying FPGAs, but if the required mining software is not going to be released publicly as soon as it is done, then we are just back to the game of not mining on FPGA or mining with slow FPGA code while some users are mining with far faster code.  I thank Smolen for finally stepping up to the plate and releasing a more efficient gpu miner, and I find GPU mining still fun and if the price of VNL moons, then whatever I am spending on electricity now is insignificant. Just like mining bitcoin in the early days. If VNL ends up being just another coin that does just ok or fails, well then I may lose $500 on electricity, but I am sure hoping that is not the case as VNL holds the most promise of any coin I have seen since BTC. Getting the world to see and accept and adopt it is a big job though.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:03:21 AM

Well yes and no. If you already have a gpu that does 250MH/s, you can buy a $100 FPGA and eventually get 250MH/s on it using 1/40th of the electricity. But you could also mine with that GPU for A LONG time for $100 worth of electricity (even if you have high rates like myself). And right now the best option is probably just buying $100 worth of VNL at these prices. I like to mine with GPUs because they are already paid for, no new hardware to invest in. Now I am not opposed to buying FPGAs, but if the required mining software is not going to be released publicly as soon as it is done, then we are just back to the game of not mining on FPGA or mining with slow FPGA code while some users are mining with far faster code.  I thank Smolen for finally stepping up to the plate and releasing a more efficient gpu miner, and I find GPU mining still fun and if the price of VNL moons, then whatever I am spending on electricity now is insignificant. Just like mining bitcoin in the early days. If VNL ends up being just another coin that does just ok or fails, well then I may lose $500 on electricity, but I am sure hoping that is not the case as VNL holds the most promise of any coin I have seen since BTC. Getting the world to see and accept and adopt it is a big job though.

I agree and am very happy about Smelter. The vast majority of VNL I just buy cheaply from exchanges anyway, but it is fun mining something with real promise. Something I am not worrying about quickly dumping for BTC, but rather, something I buy with extra BTC from other trades.

john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:05:46 AM

But I don't expect from you to understand this  Cheesy
You proved before, that you are a great developer but you don't  think too much of the morals of your creations.

FPGA's are not specialized hardware. It's an empty slate and they have endless uses from security systems to password crackers to DSP to chip prototyping. In fact they are only limited by your imagination. https://youtu.be/F0Nq_V9VGqc Cool

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:31:01 AM

You proved before, that you are a great developer but you don't  think too much of the morals of your creations.

Hm, hm this means that you don't see future value growth of VNL which actually could come true because of FPGA's and fact that nowdays besides P&D mostly price of electricity is what determines price of the coin, but as I said... only time will tell.
And regarding efficient coin production/distribution... you know that time limited high PoS period with lowering curve is the most efficient and most fair way for coin production until max coin supply is reached after which PoS goes in fixed low range percentage. With already finished staking wallets for IOS and android that would be the best thing to do for VNL in any possible ways.
Quietsucces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I am najzenmajsen alt

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:33:49 AM

Hm, hm this means that you don't see future value growth of VNL which actually could come true because of FPGA's and fact that nowdays besides P&D mostly price of electricity is what determines price of the coin, but as I said... only time will tell.
And regarding efficient coin production/distribution... you know that time limited high PoS period with lowering curve is the most efficient and most fair way for coin production until max coin supply is reached after which PoS goes in fixed low range percentage. With already finished staking wallets for IOS and android that would be the best thing to do for VNL in any possible ways.
no , it means he rather buy.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:00:28 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 10:51:31 AM by BitmoreCoin

FPGA is not energy efficient when every body uses FPGA, the difficulty will go up compared to using GPU. The total hash rate will increase and so does the energy use. The total energy cost will be the same order of the value of daily coin generated.

The GPU miner will be forced out due to GPU's high energy cost.

I think there will be (edit: no) big FPGA demand for VNL at this stage due to its low market cap.
YAdaminer

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:45:53 AM

FPGA is not energy efficient when every body uses FPGA, the difficulty will go up compared to using GPU. The total hash rate will increase and so does the energy use. The total energy cost will be the same order of the value of daily coin generated.

I think there will be big FPGA demand for VNL at this stage due to its low market cap.

Yes, so only early FPGA adopters will benefit from low power consumption. But its OK cause john said that everyone will get their minig period... but then if we are looking further ahead regarding efficiency then last part of the 'mining' time should go to Hi PoS with some kind of anty abuse feature for biggest wallets and lowering percentage curve which will end with fixed 0.7 percentage. But hey VNL is john's baby so he'll decide.
smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

I think there will be big FPGA demand for VNL at this stage due to its low market cap.

Yes, so only early FPGA adopters will benefit from low power consumption. But its OK cause john said that everyone will get their minig period... but then if we are looking further ahead regarding efficiency then last part of the 'mining' time should go to Hi PoS with some kind of anty abuse feature for biggest wallets and lowering percentage curve which will end with fixed 0.7 percentage. But hey VNL is john's baby so he'll decide.
The line between CPU and FPGA going to be blurred soon, new Intel architecture has software lookup tables - the basis of FPGA.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
YAdaminer

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:05:53 AM

The line between CPU and FPGA going to be blurred soon, new Intel architecture has software lookup tables - the basis of FPGA.

So that will make a full circle Grin
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:44:22 PM

Hm, hm this means that you don't see future value growth of VNL which actually could come true because of FPGA's and fact that nowdays besides P&D mostly price of electricity is what determines price of the coin, but as I said...

This coin is different.  It's not a clone like the coins you're talking about.  It's superior to bitcoin/peercoin/blackcoin in many ways already.  It can be compiled on any platform, and I don't think it will be too long until we have staking mobile wallets downloadable from the apple and android app stores.

UDP layer is scheduled for Q3 and zero confirmation transactions are scheduled for Q4.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:39:49 PM

That is true and theoretically if everyone is staking on mobiles, that will be a lot of competition for gpus or FPGAs, but those mobile stakers will need to first either mine or buy their VNL. Could be good, real good, if marketing is handled correctly.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money