Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about Dragon Knights of Valeria?
I think the game is great - 40 (69%)
I think the game is horrible - 18 (31%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Knights of Valeria - Get paid to play! BTC/LTC/HTML5/HYPER/GP/MOON/RBIES  (Read 59194 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Thanks for the explanation, much better than my usual 'No clue, just depends on how much you play' reply

To add to it, the most players can earn by fighting monsters is 30/35 DP as an ULT/ULT+ player for killing normal/boss monsters. You can also gain up to 14400 DP per day as an ULT/ULT+ player if you have 20 villages upgraded.

Then if you tack on the daily bonuses, daily quests, resource markets, and pvp your earnings can increase by a lot.

Starting out will be slow but gradually increases the longer you play.

Here's some more actual data I've collected playing this game. My character EnderWiggin is an ULT+, level 120-121 when these tests were run. Each is based on multiple 12-minute controlled runs in which I did nothing but fight, and grind resources at the Ranger when I hit a camp. Extrapolated over an hourly scale I got the following results:

Over a high-bandwidth (normal for most people) internet connection, hourly rate of:
1,220,000 gold
5,567 dragon points
101,250 resources
1,400,000 experience points.

Over my regular satellite (slow) ISP, my hourly rate was:
900,972 gold
3,025 dragon points
69,000 resources
646,300 experience points.

The only difference besides the ISP was that I shifted from a gold bonus of +40% and good attack/defense gear with the faster ISP, to gold bonus +100% with lesser combat gear in the slower ISP testing.

Hope this helps,
EnderWiggin

Thanks all of you for the detailed explanation. I was wondering about the significance of the the villages now I understand a lot more. I wasn't really doing much with them, I'll start upgrading.

I think these comments will may a lot of people play the game more.

There isn't a huge amount of advertising on the site. I hope the game is sustainable in the long run, as its really enjoyable.

Keep up the great work CryptoDatabase =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 08:23:59 AM

There isn't a huge amount of advertising on the site. I hope the game is sustainable in the long run, as its really enjoyable.

I think the main bulk of the game's income is from people buying upgrades (indeed once you have an upgrade it gets rid of the ads for you unless you deliberately choose to have them shown) - there are a number of different income streams for the game, advertising is probably one of the smaller ones.  (So from that point of view don't worry, the game has seen a lot of small balance changes over time and Anarchist is very careful to make a game that is both enjoyable to play and sustainable.)

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 10:10:23 AM

I think the main bulk of the game's income is from people buying upgrades (indeed once you have an upgrade it gets rid of the ads for you unless you deliberately choose to have them shown) - there are a number of different income streams for the game, advertising is probably one of the smaller ones.  (So from that point of view don't worry, the game has seen a lot of small balance changes over time and Anarchist is very careful to make a game that is both enjoyable to play and sustainable.)

Pretty much sums it up. Advertisements in game isn't a main focus for me and aren't necessary to sustain the game. Though there are a lot of ads placed by players they are cheap and aren't meant as a means of income.

DKV has support from in game purchases, sponsors, and from my numerous other projects so the odds of DKV failing basically relies on whether or not something happens to me, my server, or my home servers that contain the coins for the game.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:58:01 PM

Actually , this game is great.
I like that you gain more money from the chest on the road if you have higher level , it is a good solution.
This game is really fun to play, and you can add up some pennies from there Smiley

Character name: Hrottie

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:09:17 AM

I was wondering about the significance of the the villages now I understand a lot more. I wasn't really doing much with them, I'll start upgrading.

Yes, the villages are a good source of DP. If you find yourself unable to play for long periods of time, then logging in at regular intervals to sweep your villages of resources will provide you with a steady flow of gold and DP. If your inability to play consistently persists, then you can still build a village to a sufficiently high level and sell it for DP or coins on the Village Market.

Logging in every few hours to collect some gold from your kingdom's treasury is also helpful even if you can't play all the time.

There are really a lot of ways to play even if your schedule is inconsistent. You just need to click around the website and check out what's available.

Character Name: Rimuru
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:51:01 AM

I was wondering about the significance of the the villages now I understand a lot more. I wasn't really doing much with them, I'll start upgrading.

Yes, the villages are a good source of DP. If you find yourself unable to play for long periods of time, then logging in at regular intervals to sweep your villages of resources will provide you with a steady flow of gold and DP. If your inability to play consistently persists, then you can still build a village to a sufficiently high level and sell it for DP or coins on the Village Market.

Logging in every few hours to collect some gold from your kingdom's treasury is also helpful even if you can't play all the time.

There are really a lot of ways to play even if your schedule is inconsistent. You just need to click around the website and check out what's available.

Thanks, my schedule has been very inconsistent of late - there just seems to be so much going on. I've been logging in every day or two to upgrade my villages. Thanks again for the tips =)
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:11:51 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 04:45:29 AM by ebliever

An observation and a question. I play DKV in the evening over a satellite ISP (Dish), which is horribly laggy. As such I'm always interested in ways I can reduce the handicap I face playing games online.

Last night I thought I found such an improvement when I discovered that when grinding for resources in the Ranger station, I could click multiple times on the "Yes" button to mine the resource in question, using up all my TP in one shot. For example, I currently have just over 500 TP, and by clicking on the Yes button five times with the 100 TP option enabled I was able to mine five times, much faster than going back and forth and doing everything one at a time. I tested it (similar to the runs I described in a prior post) and discovered that instead of only gathering 40% as many resources as I could with a regular internet connection, I was able to gather 95% as many resources.

So I was a bit disappointed with this technique suddenly evaporated earlier toay. I'm guessing Anarchist noticed what he considered a glitch or exploit or something and "fixed" it, to my detriment. That is, the "Yes" button now instantly disappears after the first click. Of course, I don't know how this may impact server lag and so forth - maybe it is unacceptable from that standpoint. But it sure is a disappointment to me.

So I just wanted to ask if there was any possibility that such multi-clicking could be reinstated? Or perhaps a button could be added that would let us gather resources for as many times as we have remaining TP at the 100 TP/cycle rate? That would reduce stress on the server overall, so it might be the better option now that I think about it. [Edit: In addition, 1 turn should be deducted per 100 TP used up, of course.]

Thanks for any consideration,
EnderWiggin

[EDIT: Curiouser and curiouser. I was grinding fish all day today, and happened to try the other resources only just now. I discovered that the "Yes" button only instantly disappears when fishing! On all the rest it remains, so I am able to multi-click as described above. It is repeatable and stable. But I've no idea why the one would be different from the rest.]

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:45:08 AM

An observation and a question. I play DKV in the evening over a satellite ISP (Dish), which is horribly laggy. As such I'm always interested in ways I can reduce the handicap I face playing games online.

Last night I thought I found such an improvement when I discovered that when grinding for resources in the Ranger station, I could click multiple times on the "Yes" button to mine the resource in question, using up all my TP in one shot. For example, I currently have just over 500 TP, and by clicking on the Yes button five times with the 100 TP option enabled I was able to mine five times, much faster than going back and forth and doing everything one at a time. I tested it (similar to the runs I described in a prior post) and discovered that instead of only gathering 40% as many resources as I could with a regular internet connection, I was able to gather 95% as many resources.

So I was a bit disappointed with this technique suddenly evaporated earlier toay. I'm guessing Anarchist noticed what he considered a glitch or exploit or something and "fixed" it, to my detriment. That is, the "Yes" button now instantly disappears after the first click. Of course, I don't know how this may impact server lag and so forth - maybe it is unacceptable from that standpoint. But it sure is a disappointment to me.

So I just wanted to ask if there was any possibility that such multi-clicking could be reinstated? Or perhaps a button could be added that would let us gather resources for as many times as we have remaining TP at the 100 TP/cycle rate? That would reduce stress on the server overall, so it might be the better option now that I think about it. [Edit: In addition, 1 turn should be deducted per 100 TP used up, of course.]

EnderWiggin

[EDIT: Curiouser and curiouser. I was grinding fish all day today, and happened to try the other resources only just now. I discovered that the "Yes" button only instantly disappears when fishing! On all the rest it remains, so I am able to multi-click as described above. It is repeatable and stable. But I've no idea why the one would be different from the rest.]

Sounds very interesting. Sounds like a flaw in the system to me if resources can be generated so quickly. You must be a pretty high level to have 500TP my max is only 42
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:40:47 PM

Sounds very interesting. Sounds like a flaw in the system to me if resources can be generated so quickly. You must be a pretty high level to have 500TP my max is only 42

I've level 130-something. I invested in a couple points of TP in the premium shop along the way. We can quibble, but personally I appreciate anything which allows me to play over a satellite ISP at a level closer to that of everyone else. Note that I'm still slow as a snail playing from home in every other activity like simply moving around and fighting.
-EnderWiggin

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:27:18 PM

I have a significant typo to report:

On the Monster Drop tab it lists "Eye of Sight" as having the characteristics STR+15 and Gold +15%. Just what I was looking for. But when I equipped it, it turns out it doesn't have the gold bonus, it had an Experience +5% bonus instead.

In fact, I see a couple other discrepancies in the game documentation - please reconcile these other items as well:
Ring of Greed
Demons Hate

Take care,
EnderWiggin

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 11:01:18 PM

EnderWiggin

It seems I missed the other resources in the ranger a while back. Spam clicking buttons in game really get on my nerves because if you do it long enough you'll overload my server and force everyone else to have to reload the game when it crashes. I've already banned players for doing this so please refrain from doing so in the future.

There are a couple things in game that only allow you to push the button once, eventually every button in game will be this way as it keeps getting abused over and over regardless of how many times I tell people not to do it.

As for it being reinstated that would be a no due to the reason listed above. It is not reasonable for me to allow 1 player to interfere with other players game play.

This is the only solution I have as my hosting provider has limits on how many queries I can make to my database and it is currently capped at 30 requests at a time.

In regards to a sort of collect all or do all button this will also be a no. The game is so easy to play right now its not even funny so updating existing features to be even easier isn't on my list of things to do.

In regards to the mislabeled items, these should be displaying properly now, thanks for letting me know.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:09:30 AM

OK, I apologize for bringing it up. I had no idea it would really be that significant an impact on the server. Guess I and other satellite ISP players will adapt, as I have with other games when I found myself in a similar situation. (I figured that since my overall resource gain rate was still lower than on a regular connection that, by definition, I couldn't be impacting the server any harder than a regular player playing normally.)

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 01:59:39 AM

OK, I apologize for bringing it up. I had no idea it would really be that significant an impact on the server. Guess I and other satellite ISP players will adapt, as I have with other games when I found myself in a similar situation. (I figured that since my overall resource gain rate was still lower than on a regular connection that, by definition, I couldn't be impacting the server any harder than a regular player playing normally.)

I've been modifying the game code over time to run more efficiently, some major changes to the explore system was made during the last major update and I have some further changes to do to the quest system which will also impact page load times for users and make the game run faster while exploring.

Once the game is fully optimized it should take out a lot of the page load time but not all of it due to the amount of code involved. If you take a look at the original game it is really fast in regards to movement. The only slow parts is the fight page. The reason for this is the original version doesn't have anything other than fighting compared to DKV's quest system, villages, npcs, etc etc.

I might be removing some stuff from the game that isn't used hardly which will also help. Just will take some time as it is just me again for right now and the game hasn't really had a team working on it outside of me and Epiales, which I did most of the work anyway.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:17:21 AM

I've been modifying the game code over time to run more efficiently, some major changes to the explore system was made during the last major update and I have some further changes to do to the quest system which will also impact page load times for users and make the game run faster while exploring.

Once the game is fully optimized it should take out a lot of the page load time but not all of it due to the amount of code involved. If you take a look at the original game it is really fast in regards to movement. The only slow parts is the fight page. The reason for this is the original version doesn't have anything other than fighting compared to DKV's quest system, villages, npcs, etc etc.

I might be removing some stuff from the game that isn't used hardly which will also help. Just will take some time as it is just me again for right now and the game hasn't really had a team working on it outside of me and Epiales, which I did most of the work anyway.

Thanks for the updates, I look forward to seeing what you bring to the game in future versions. I'd be interested to see what gets removed. The game is huge right now and a little overwhelming to a new player. And take your time, software development is best done not under pressure.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:37:31 PM

Thanks for the updates, I look forward to seeing what you bring to the game in future versions. I'd be interested to see what gets removed. The game is huge right now and a little overwhelming to a new player. And take your time, software development is best done not under pressure.

Same sentiments here. +1

I do have one quick idea - if you are thinking of removing Outposts, instead you might considering scaling down the cost in troops it takes to seize even one square. I think there would be more interest in them if it didn't cost an enormous number of troops just to seize something that provides a couple of one resource per hour.

Relnarien

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:50:39 AM

I do have one quick idea - if you are thinking of removing Outposts, instead you might considering scaling down the cost in troops it takes to seize even one square. I think there would be more interest in them if it didn't cost an enormous number of troops just to seize something that provides a couple of one resource per hour.

Personally, I don't think there's a need to remove Outposts. A Lv 1 Outpost generally takes 30-40 days to break even on resources, scaling up to 60-80 days for a Lv 10 Outpost, so it's understandable that people don't seize them because they can be easily seized by larger players afterwards. But if you think about it, villages suffer from the same issue as well, but there's not much aggression happening on that front in general. If making RoI on Outposts really becomes a major issue, then we can just have it so that Outposts cannot be abandoned nor attacked by another player for 30 days after being seized. That would give the player who took the initiative to attack an Outpost enough time to conjure up enough defenses for it. If anything, I think we should be getting better incentives from attacking Outposts instead. (And yes, this is a biased sentiment coming from someone who holds a few Outposts scattered all over the map.)

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:00:52 AM

Personally, I don't think there's a need to remove Outposts. A Lv 1 Outpost generally takes 30-40 days to break even on resources, scaling up to 60-80 days for a Lv 10 Outpost, so it's understandable that people don't seize them because they can be easily seized by larger players afterwards. But if you think about it, villages suffer from the same issue as well, but there's not much aggression happening on that front in general. If making RoI on Outposts really becomes a major issue, then we can just have it so that Outposts cannot be abandoned nor attacked by another player for 30 days after being seized. That would give the player who took the initiative to attack an Outpost enough time to conjure up enough defenses for it. If anything, I think we should be getting better incentives from attacking Outposts instead. (And yes, this is a biased sentiment coming from someone who holds a few Outposts scattered all over the map.)

I had been unconsciously using the cost of a village soldier. Let me work it out....

A level 5 outpost produces 10 of one resource/hour. To produce a Pike or Archer costs 50 gold + 1 of each of the 4 resources. If we assume a price of 3 gold/resource (from my experience in the Market), that's 62 gold to produce one soldier.  So the level 5 outpost produces the value of 4 soldiers/day, roughly.

I just ran into a level 5 outpost and the dark wizard has 4,270 archers and pike each on it. So that's 8,540 soldiers needed to sieze a piece of land, for an ROI of 8540/4 = 2,135 days, roughly. Six years. The amount of dark wizard troops scales with the production rate, so it's the same for all outposts.

Oh yeah, I see I do get 8,540 resources if I take this outpost. That's worth 413 soldiers per my math above, so knock about 100 days off my ROI estimate above. Still almost six years. That's just too much by an order of magnitude for a game of this type, IMHO, when the outpost can be seized from you at any time.

Just my 2 satoshis,
EnderWiggin

Relnarien

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:56:36 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 04:50:04 AM by Relnarien

I had been unconsciously using the cost of a village soldier. Let me work it out....

A level 5 outpost produces 10 of one resource/hour. To produce a Pike or Archer costs 50 gold + 1 of each of the 4 resources. If we assume a price of 3 gold/resource (from my experience in the Market), that's 62 gold to produce one soldier.  So the level 5 outpost produces the value of 4 soldiers/day, roughly.

I just ran into a level 5 outpost and the dark wizard has 4,270 archers and pike each on it. So that's 8,540 soldiers needed to sieze a piece of land, for an ROI of 8540/4 = 2,135 days, roughly. Six years. The amount of dark wizard troops scales with the production rate, so it's the same for all outposts.

Oh yeah, I see I do get 8,540 resources if I take this outpost. That's worth 413 soldiers per my math above, so knock about 100 days off my ROI estimate above. Still almost six years. That's just too much by an order of magnitude for a game of this type, IMHO, when the outpost can be seized from you at any time.

Just my 2 satoshis,
EnderWiggin

I see what you're getting at, but I'm calculating it differently for the sake of convenience. I'm only calculating the cost in resources and ignoring all costs in gold. That seems like a shortsighted approach at first glance, but gold comes so easily, and I barely notice the passing of time since I can't play as consistently as I would prefer to.

Using the numbers that you gave above, my method of calculation (ignoring gold costs) would amount to such:

8540 soldiers x 4 resources each = 34160 resources invested
34160 resources invested - 8540 resources instantly harvestable = 25620 resources
25620 resources invested / 10 resources per hour = 2562 hours to recover investment -> 106.75 days before RoI

Granted, that's higher than the average amount I've seen on the few samples of Lv 5 Outposts that I've seen (not that I've seen a lot), but it's still not bad, especially considering that the current meta prolly has less than 5 players overall constantly monitoring Outposts. In fact, you can prolly hold an Outpost for that long without anyone else noticing. I've held about 3-4 unguarded for almost 2 weeks without anyone noticing. Since those are mostly Lv 1 Outposts, I'm quite close to recovering my resources invested on them.

All in all, it's easier to recover your resource investment against Lv 1 Outposts. There are also fewer players who'd bother to antagonize you over them if you're higher-leveled or belong to a large clan.

Having said all that, I must remind you that I don't take gold costs into consideration. If you do (as you should), then you'll never make RoI for a long time. Meanwhile, those already holding Outposts are gradually breaking even as we speak.

P.S. I wouldn't mind getting some decent Exp from attacking Outposts though.

EDIT: Please also note that Lv 1 Outposts can have as few as 300 total defenders. I've even seen a rare Lv 4 Outpost with about 1500 total defenders. I don't know if those are poorly defended because they have been attacked prior to me finding them, but no attacks have landed on them since, so I have to assume otherwise. By "shopping around", it becomes easier to get an RoI on the resources that you invested on soldiers. As for the gold cost, well, you'll most likely recover that too if you don't lose your Outpost early on.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:59:08 PM

I'd like to request a Guide topic on the DKV forum be written to cover the topic of Land combat. Of course, a response here would also be fine and appreciated. I haven't been able to find any info on this topic and can't puzzle much of it out on my own.

In particular, I have the following questions:

1. What is the difference between the Tactics and Honor scores? I understand that Honor provides a strength bonus to the troops, does the Tactics score do anything?

2. Do you get Honor or Tactics points if you lose a battle? Or do you lose points if you lose a battle? (I've never lost and am not about to start now, so I'm curious.)

3. What are the breakpoints at which you increase your Honor multiplier and by how much?

4. Can clan members attack each other?

The guide should also cover the rules about needing to be within 1/2 to 2X the level of your target, targets must have at least 1/2 of your own acreage, and so on.

Thanks for any insight!,
EnderWiggin

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 10:14:19 PM

I'd like to request a Guide topic on the DKV forum be written to cover the topic of Land combat. Of course, a response here would also be fine and appreciated. I haven't been able to find any info on this topic and can't puzzle much of it out on my own.

In particular, I have the following questions:

1. What is the difference between the Tactics and Honor scores? I understand that Honor provides a strength bonus to the troops, does the Tactics score do anything?

2. Do you get Honor or Tactics points if you lose a battle? Or do you lose points if you lose a battle? (I've never lost and am not about to start now, so I'm curious.)

3. What are the breakpoints at which you increase your Honor multiplier and by how much?

4. Can clan members attack each other?

The guide should also cover the rules about needing to be within 1/2 to 2X the level of your target, targets must have at least 1/2 of your own acreage, and so on.

Thanks for any insight!,
EnderWiggin

1. Tactics used to be a factor in kingdom fights but I disabled it so now it is just a stat. Honor is an attack/defense multiplier that will help you fight. The bonus you get from this is displayed in the kingdom fights page.

2. You gain/lose honor and tactics from fighting. If you win then you will gain honor, if you lose then you will lose it.

3. The multiplier for honor increases at 10, 25, and 50 so if you have over 50 honor then you don't have to worry about losing fights until you go below 50 to obtain the best bonus you can.

4. The only limits for kingdom fighting relates to levels and land owned. Clan members can attack other clan members but this might cause issues within the clan so I wouldn't recommend it.

In reference to the outposts, Rimuru is basically on the right mark. Gold is very easy to obtain. The reason I made the outposts have a lengthy return is to force players to defend them in order to see that return instead of just running around the map and taking outpost after outpost with little cost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: