Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about Dragon Knights of Valeria?
I think the game is great - 40 (69%)
I think the game is horrible - 18 (31%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Knights of Valeria - Get paid to play! BTC/LTC/HTML5/HYPER/GP/MOON/RBIES  (Read 59200 times)
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:44:52 AM

In reference to the outposts, Rimuru is basically on the right mark. Gold is very easy to obtain. The reason I made the outposts have a lengthy return is to force players to defend them in order to see that return instead of just running around the map and taking outpost after outpost with little cost.

Touching onto that, could we also get some Exp from killing units stationed by the Dark Wizard at an Outpost? The immensely delayed RoI on resources is already a large deterrent, and I've only seen 2 players other than myself (so far) who holds Outposts. If we get even a little Exp from attacking an Outpost, then people might start attacking them even if they don't intend to seize them. That will make the game more dynamic as we see smaller players farming Outposts for Exp, while larger players fight each other over Outposts left with severely lowered defenses. The number of defenders stationed by the Dark Wizard on Outposts can be further increased as a compromise. I don't know. It sounds like a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. Just something to consider, maybe?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 01:57:12 PM

Thanks for the answers on my questions above. Just one quick question this time (for an idea fermenting in my head)... is it possible for Honor to go negative? Or does it just go to 0 and then stay there if a person keeps losing?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 08:07:29 PM

In reference to the outposts, Rimuru is basically on the right mark. Gold is very easy to obtain. The reason I made the outposts have a lengthy return is to force players to defend them in order to see that return instead of just running around the map and taking outpost after outpost with little cost.

Touching onto that, could we also get some Exp from killing units stationed by the Dark Wizard at an Outpost? The immensely delayed RoI on resources is already a large deterrent, and I've only seen 2 players other than myself (so far) who holds Outposts. If we get even a little Exp from attacking an Outpost, then people might start attacking them even if they don't intend to seize them. That will make the game more dynamic as we see smaller players farming Outposts for Exp, while larger players fight each other over Outposts left with severely lowered defenses. The number of defenders stationed by the Dark Wizard on Outposts can be further increased as a compromise. I don't know. It sounds like a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. Just something to consider, maybe?

I have added the experience suggestion to the outposts, you will now get 5 experience per troop that you kill regardless of the battle results. You will also gain this experience if your outpost is attacked while having defenders there.

Outposts are constantly being taken with roughly 4,000 in game already. A lot of people put their outposts out in distant lands that aren't easy or quick to walk to and since they don't show up on the map they are fairly safe.

This new addition might change that and people might start making outposts closer to towns and village clusters to get the defense experience.

Hope this helped improve the outposts.

Thanks for the answers on my questions above. Just one quick question this time (for an idea fermenting in my head)... is it possible for Honor to go negative? Or does it just go to 0 and then stay there if a person keeps losing?

It is possible to go negative which has a really bad impact on your fighting capabilities, I wouldn't recommend letting it fall that low though.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:20:46 PM

I have added the experience suggestion to the outposts, you will now get 5 experience per troop that you kill regardless of the battle results. You will also gain this experience if your outpost is attacked while having defenders there.

Outposts are constantly being taken with roughly 4,000 in game already. A lot of people put their outposts out in distant lands that aren't easy or quick to walk to and since they don't show up on the map they are fairly safe.

This new addition might change that and people might start making outposts closer to towns and village clusters to get the defense experience.

Hope this helped improve the outposts.

It is possible to go negative which has a really bad impact on your fighting capabilities, I wouldn't recommend letting it fall that low though.

Awesome changes - thanks for that CryptoDatabase - The experience changes will help tremendously - and add a new edge to the game.

Good to know about the negative honour, didn't realise that it could impact the fighting abilities. I'll have to watch that in the future.

Again, thanks for keeping the game upto date and listening to your users. I hope it has some positive impact on HTML5 coin =)
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 08:29:33 PM

Awesome changes - thanks for that CryptoDatabase - The experience changes will help tremendously - and add a new edge to the game.

Good to know about the negative honour, didn't realise that it could impact the fighting abilities. I'll have to watch that in the future.

Again, thanks for keeping the game upto date and listening to your users. I hope it has some positive impact on HTML5 coin =)

Not a problem, most of the game has been built off of suggestions from players so far and I don't have any plans on stopping doing that.

I used to work as the head of the game mods department for a game company that had millions of players so I had backstage access to the dev team and support team that players didn't have and even then the developers wouldn't listen to what I had to say. Not even when they asked me to test new features for their games. As a result, most of their games died or had little support once the 'newness' of it wore off.

As you can imagine, it is pretty frustrating when someone asks for your advice and doesn't really care about it or doesn't pay any attention to what their players want. But, from this experience grew what you see now. A dev that listens to what people want even though they might not always get it
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:36:46 PM

Hmm, that's too bad. This leads to a few more questions.

1. Is honor factored into Outpost battles?
2. Is negative honor on the same scale as positive honor (i.e., -10/-25/-50 pts. for -10%, -30% and -50% strength?)
3. Just as the positive honor bonus can't go beyond +50%, is there a maximum honor penalty, beyond which things can't get worse?

I've been working on a contest idea I was thinking of sponsoring within the game, and negative honor kind of throws a monkey wrench into it by penalizing participants beyond/after the scope of the contest. But it is what it is, I suppose.

Thanks,
EnderWiggin

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 08:56:58 PM

2. Is negative honor on the same scale as positive honor (i.e., -10/-25/-50 pts. for -10%, -30% and -50% strength?)
3. Just as the positive honor bonus can't go beyond +50%, is there a maximum honor penalty, beyond which things can't get worse?

I've been working on a contest idea I was thinking of sponsoring within the game, and negative honor kind of throws a monkey wrench into it by penalizing participants beyond/after the scope of the contest. But it is what it is, I suppose.

Thanks,
EnderWiggin

1. Honor isn't factored into outpost fights, only kingdom fights. You won't gain or lose honor from these.
2. There isn't a negative bonus for honor, the lowest you can go is 1x multiplier. However, if you do go below 0 honor then you will have to win more and more fights to get your honor back to where it can help you.
3. Should be answered by #2.

With kingdom fights only allowing you to attack one player per hour it can be really hard to get honor back up into the positive area. If you have -50 honor from fights lost then it will take you a minimum of 50 hours to get back to 0 if you attack a players kingdom every hour on the hour and win. This is why it has a really bad impact on your kingdom fights as it can take you a long time to get a bonus of your own to help protect your kingdom or take out someone elses.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:57:19 PM

! Something just broke. On both my phone and laptop every attempt I make to navigate within or log into DKV is returning this message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''EnderWiggin' at line 1

Hope this is not a serious issue...

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 08:58:51 PM

! Something just broke. On both my phone and laptop every attempt I make to navigate within or log into DKV is returning this message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''EnderWiggin' at line 1

Hope this is not a serious issue...

All good, was a minor mistake and the game should be going again.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:59:58 PM

Thanks,
EnderWiggin

1. Honor isn't factored into outpost fights, only kingdom fights. You won't gain or lose honor from these.
2. There isn't a negative bonus for honor, the lowest you can go is 1x multiplier. However, if you do go below 0 honor then you will have to win more and more fights to get your honor back to where it can help you.

With kingdom fights only allowing you to attack one player per hour it can be really hard to get honor back up into the positive area. If you have -50 honor from fights lost then it will take you a minimum of 50 hours to get back to 0 if you attack a players kingdom every hour on the hour and win. This is why it has a really bad impact on your kingdom fights as it can take you a long time to get a bonus of your own to help protect your kingdom or take out someone elses.

OK, cool! I think this will not be such a big issue then, as I expect most of my contestants will be those who don't currently care much about their honor score or holding land outside the scope of the little contest I have planned... :-)

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 09:02:23 PM

Thanks,
EnderWiggin

OK, cool! I think this will not be such a big issue then, as I expect most of my contestants will be those who don't currently care much about their honor score or holding land outside the scope of the little contest I have planned... :-)

I'm interested in what the contest would be, let me know when you have it thought up and ready to go and I'll see if it is something I could implement.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

I'm interested in what the contest would be, let me know when you have it thought up and ready to go and I'll see if it is something I could implement.

When I finish working out the details I'll PM you with it and be glad of any feedback pro or con. It doesn't require any action on your part, actually. You've actually provided all the tools (tipping system, logfiles and so forth) that I needed. I'm hoping to make it a win-win-win that is good both for me and the other players, and creates excitement and increases interest in the game which works out for you. For several reasons I will not be implementing it for several weeks while I prepare some things so there's no rush at any rate.

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 10:15:42 PM

Below are some updates I plan on implementing into DKV.

New Village Warfare (Progress - Started)
A new village warfare system that assigns stats to troops. The new system will pit your troops against your enemies troops in accordance to speed and range. Scouts will start the fight as they are the fastest followed by Catapults, knights, archers, and finally swordsmen. Each troop type will fight until they are dead or the enemies troops are dead.

Dragon Lottery Upgrade (Progress - Started)
The Dragon Lottery is being upgraded into the Dragon Raid Lottery. The new lottery will function similarly to how the Mega Millions works in the US. You will be able to pick 3 numbers and if any of those numbers are correct during the twice weekly drawings then you will win the prize shown for your ticket.

If there are  no winning tickets then the lotteries pot will roll over into the next drawing and repeat this until there is a winner.

Achievements (Progress - Not Started)
A new Achievement system will be added to the game. You will gain achievements and Achievement Points (AP) for achieving these Achievements. Some example Achievements, Kill 10 Slime, Log in for X amount of time, Play 5 hands of Blackjack, etc etc. There would be many options available for this. It will also fit into the planned Skills update where the AP can be used to purchase things or upgrade skills.

New Skills System (Progress - Not Started)
A new skill system will be added that will change how current skills work and are upgraded. All existing skills will go into the skill tree and a few new ones will be added. These skills can be upgraded using AP mentioned above.

Knights of Old Changes (Progress - Not Started)
The Knights of Old minigame will be changed to run every wednesday through thursday instead of 1 week straight a month. The fee for this will be reduced accordingly.

More Events (Progress - Not Started)
The Token event that usually takes place around major holidays will become a monthly event that lasts a week. The rewards will most likely change from what they have been in the past.

There will also be more timed events added to the game as time passes.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:31:37 AM

Below are some updates I plan on implementing into DKV.

New Village Warfare (Progress - Started)
A new village warfare system that assigns stats to troops. The new system will pit your troops against your enemies troops in accordance to speed and range. Scouts will start the fight as they are the fastest followed by Catapults, knights, archers, and finally swordsmen. Each troop type will fight until they are dead or the enemies troops are dead.

Dragon Lottery Upgrade (Progress - Started)
The Dragon Lottery is being upgraded into the Dragon Raid Lottery. The new lottery will function similarly to how the Mega Millions works in the US. You will be able to pick 3 numbers and if any of those numbers are correct during the twice weekly drawings then you will win the prize shown for your ticket.

If there are  no winning tickets then the lotteries pot will roll over into the next drawing and repeat this until there is a winner.

Achievements (Progress - Not Started)
A new Achievement system will be added to the game. You will gain achievements and Achievement Points (AP) for achieving these Achievements. Some example Achievements, Kill 10 Slime, Log in for X amount of time, Play 5 hands of Blackjack, etc etc. There would be many options available for this. It will also fit into the planned Skills update where the AP can be used to purchase things or upgrade skills.

New Skills System (Progress - Not Started)
A new skill system will be added that will change how current skills work and are upgraded. All existing skills will go into the skill tree and a few new ones will be added. These skills can be upgraded using AP mentioned above.

Knights of Old Changes (Progress - Not Started)
The Knights of Old minigame will be changed to run every wednesday through thursday instead of 1 week straight a month. The fee for this will be reduced accordingly.

More Events (Progress - Not Started)
The Token event that usually takes place around major holidays will become a monthly event that lasts a week. The rewards will most likely change from what they have been in the past.

There will also be more timed events added to the game as time passes.

I like the roadmap, the skills tree and achievements system sound awesome. Good to see what your plans are. Keep it up =)
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 09:23:14 AM

I like the roadmap, the skills tree and achievements system sound awesome. Good to see what your plans are. Keep it up =)

Agreed, this is looking good.  Especially the idea of a new Skills system.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 08:15:50 AM

I'll be starting a sort of Let's Play for DKV on youtube that will hopefully give new players an easier way to learn how to play without having to read a lot of guides.

The first video is already up and can be viewed at https://youtu.be/2XcbLfRUZAI, let me know what you think.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 12:04:26 PM

Part 1 of the second video has been uploaded, the second part will be ready later tonight.

View it at https://youtu.be/qe9uS1miD5c and as above please let me know your thoughts on it.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:35:02 AM

Part 1 of the second video has been uploaded, the second part will be ready later tonight.

View it at https://youtu.be/qe9uS1miD5c and as above please let me know your thoughts on it.

Hi, I like to production quality and level of information you are giving. Content of the video i very good (although wishing I wasn't warrior calss now). It might be worth trying to reprocess the video at a higher quality though as some of the text is a little blurred.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

Hi, I like to production quality and level of information you are giving. Content of the video i very good (although wishing I wasn't warrior calss now). It might be worth trying to reprocess the video at a higher quality though as some of the text is a little blurred.

I'm recording it in 1080p but I guess the codecs I'm using isn't the best for YT and it turns out blurry.

Once I figure out the issue I'll try to redo them or reupload them to where they look like they should.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:51:26 AM

I'm recording it in 1080p but I guess the codecs I'm using isn't the best for YT and it turns out blurry.

Once I figure out the issue I'll try to redo them or reupload them to where they look like they should.

Its probably down to the quality settings - 1080p + good quality = lots of space. It might be better to reduce the resolution and increase the quality
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: