Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about Dragon Knights of Valeria?
I think the game is great - 40 (69%)
I think the game is horrible - 18 (31%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Knights of Valeria - Get paid to play! BTC/LTC/HTML5/HYPER/GP/MOON/RBIES  (Read 59198 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:53:02 AM

Part 1 of the second video has been uploaded, the second part will be ready later tonight.

View it at https://youtu.be/qe9uS1miD5c and as above please let me know your thoughts on it.

Hi, I like to production quality and level of information you are giving. Content of the video i very good (although wishing I wasn't warrior calss now). It might be worth trying to reprocess the video at a higher quality though as some of the text is a little blurred.

I'm recording it in 1080p but I guess the codecs I'm using isn't the best for YT and it turns out blurry.

Once I figure out the issue I'll try to redo them or reupload them to where they look like they should.

Its probably down to the quality settings - 1080p + good quality = lots of space. It might be better to reduce the resolution and increase the quality

Although thinking about it - your screen was mostly static - so the size of file wont be too high at 1080p so long as you use a lossy encoding...
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 09:38:22 AM

Part 1 of the second video has been uploaded, the second part will be ready later tonight.

View it at https://youtu.be/qe9uS1miD5c and as above please let me know your thoughts on it.

Hi, I like to production quality and level of information you are giving. Content of the video i very good (although wishing I wasn't warrior calss now). It might be worth trying to reprocess the video at a higher quality though as some of the text is a little blurred.

I'm recording it in 1080p but I guess the codecs I'm using isn't the best for YT and it turns out blurry.

Once I figure out the issue I'll try to redo them or reupload them to where they look like they should.

Its probably down to the quality settings - 1080p + good quality = lots of space. It might be better to reduce the resolution and increase the quality

Although thinking about it - your screen was mostly static - so the size of file wont be too high at 1080p so long as you use a lossy encoding...

I believe I have found a solution to this issue by using a different recording program. This new one is a pain to use but it is definitely much better quality wise.

I'll be recording another video in a bit and will see how it goes.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:22:20 AM

I believe I have found a solution to this issue by using a different recording program. This new one is a pain to use but it is definitely much better quality wise.

Great, I look forward to seeing the next iteration of the recording =)
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 11:37:22 AM

Guess I was wrong, even with an awesome quality recording it still is blurry when its uploaded to youtube so it is most likely due to some hidden setting or something. Not entirely sure how I can solve that.

It has a bit better quality but still bad at 480p, https://youtu.be/1DAIvwd58Gs

Another video will be uploaded once its done with its conversion but I don't have high hopes for that to be as clear as it should be.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:40:37 AM

Guess I was wrong, even with an awesome quality recording it still is blurry when its uploaded to youtube so it is most likely due to some hidden setting or something. Not entirely sure how I can solve that.

It has a bit better quality but still bad at 480p, https://youtu.be/1DAIvwd58Gs

Another video will be uploaded once its done with its conversion but I don't have high hopes for that to be as clear as it should be.

Strange, it must be something YouTube is doing behind the scenes. I didn't upload anything into YouTube before so not sure what kind of compression they are applying. I've seem many software development videos with very crisp text - so it must be possible somehow, maybe somebody else on here has more experience.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:33:51 PM

Its very difficult to break even with an investment or with any money you spend in this game. I know its a game but there is not much to make here. I would have liked to enjoy a game with a small reward. Nuit a reward I can do something with not just dust.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:20:24 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 07:45:22 PM by ebliever

Its very difficult to break even with an investment or with any money you spend in this game. I know its a game but there is not much to make here. I would have liked to enjoy a game with a small reward. Nuit a reward I can do something with not just dust.

To each his own. I'm doing very well with the large spreads on DKV (patience is key!) and the arbitrage opportunities. While I've put some coins into the game, my asset tracking indicates I've never dipped negative despite heavy spending on stat upgrades, troops and so forth in the game (which I do not count as assets that can be liquidated and converted back to a cryptocurrency). (EDIT: This does not count the cost of the VIP/ULT+ upgrades.)

For comparison, I was a top player in Farm Satoshi (now defunct) and Coinbrawl, in both of which I earn(ed) around 100K satoshis/day.  After two months of play on DKV I already have baseline earnings of 178K dragon points/satoshis (or convertible to such) a day while putting forth very little effort. To the extent I actually play the game as intended I surpass that.

My 2 satoshis,
EnderWiggin

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 08:44:37 PM

When you first start your earnings will be low but as you play your earnings will increase according to the amount of time and energy you put into playing. I didn't  create DKV as a way for people to earn a really nice passive income, you actually have to put some work in to get somewhere.

The highest upgrade that you can purchase in game can earn it's money back within a month if you play everyday and take part in the many different ways to earn money in game. If you feel the rewards are too little then you can try pvp and take what others have collected and add it to your own.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 08:58:47 PM

Ok, I just wanted to post an update real quick on my new video series.

The quality will be bad when it is first uploaded due to Youtubes upload process. YT will upload the original video and create 'copies' of it in different quality versions. It will start off at 360p and then work its way up to the highest possible quality it can get.

If you go back and view my first videos they are now available in 720p HD so if the quality of a video is crap give it a day or so or a few hours and try again to see if YT has finished with the HD videos.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 12:41:56 AM

Dear players of Dragon Knights of Valeria,

The following changes have been made to the game.

1. The Token event has now been scheduled to run for 1 week every month from the 17th to the 24th. During this time you will be able to find Tokens while exploring. If enough tokens are found then you will get a share of the rewards based on how many tokens you found. The goal is to reach 5,000 Tokens in a week between all players. If this is reached then each player will gain 1,000 Gold, 10 DP, and 200 Experience for each token they have found personally.
2. The bank display message has been slightly modified while exploring.
3. The Logs menu option has been modified. It is now a linked menu option instead of a dropdown list. A new Logs page has been added. The Logs menu option will still turn green if you have unread logs and the new list will as well.
4. The Knights of Old minigame has been changed to run every wednesday to thursday. The fee system for it has also changed to 5% from 20% to accomodate for the shortened time frames it will run in.
5. I mentioned this previously but the Bounty Logs was updated the other day.
6. A new Youtube series has been started for DKV where I will be posting video updates as well as a walkthrough for the game. Subscribe to keep up to date when new videos are posted by visiting my YouTube Channel

If videos are blurry and hard to read please give it a few hours and try again, it should open the 720p HD option for much better quality. If you think the intro is awesome give a shoutout to Marlenac here in game as it was provided by her.

DKV is brought to you in part by our #1 sponsor, HTML5Coin

Vote for DKV at http://newrpg.com/browser-games/dragon-knights-of-valeria

If you find a bug with the new updates please mail Anarchist (UserID:1) as soon as you find it.

As always, Thank you for playing DKV
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:36:51 AM

I can understand the need to change the logs menu from a listing on the main page if there are too many, but I miss being able to see which logs are updated at a glance. I could care less if someone attacked me in the arena, for example, but if someone hits my villages I want to know ASAP.

This could be handled a couple different ways. One idea I have is to let us check a box indicating "high priority" on the logs page for each log. Then if one of those logs gets an update the log turns red, not green, and likewise with the "Logs" tab on the main menu.

Looking forward to the tokens event and other updates.

Best wishes,
EnderWiggin

no-life

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Poor guy next door.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:37:58 AM

How easy is it for a noob to pick up the game and do well. Is it pay 2 win?
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:43:06 AM

The basic game (go out and fight monsters) is very easy and simple to learn. I don't know exactly what you mean by "pay 2 win" but you don't need to invest anything, and you earn a steady income from fighting, building villages and gaining land and engaging in various contests. There are a lot of different things to try within the game besides just exploring and fighting monsters, which means there is a long learning curve. But it is all pretty logical in how it is laid out, there are a lot of good help guides, and people are always helpful (if not terribly quick) in in-game chat.

Like most other games you get out of it what you put in. If you are looking to do well your first night, forget it. This is a game that first and foremost is for people who like this sort of game, and enjoy the time they spend on it. Any earnings are just a nice bonus.
-EnderWiggin

no-life

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Poor guy next door.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:07:50 AM

The basic game (go out and fight monsters) is very easy and simple to learn. I don't know exactly what you mean by "pay 2 win" but you don't need to invest anything, and you earn a steady income from fighting, building villages and gaining land and engaging in various contests. There are a lot of different things to try within the game besides just exploring and fighting monsters, which means there is a long learning curve. But it is all pretty logical in how it is laid out, there are a lot of good help guides, and people are always helpful (if not terribly quick) in in-game chat.

Like most other games you get out of it what you put in. If you are looking to do well your first night, forget it. This is a game that first and foremost is for people who like this sort of game, and enjoy the time they spend on it. Any earnings are just a nice bonus.
-EnderWiggin

That's a good explanation thanks. I'll give it a try over the weekend and let you know what I think on Monday. Is there anything special I can get for finding the game on bct like special perks or gear?
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:15:45 AM

To each his own. I'm doing very well with the large spreads on DKV (patience is key!) and the arbitrage opportunities. While I've put some coins into the game, my asset tracking indicates I've never dipped negative despite heavy spending on stat upgrades, troops and so forth in the game (which I do not count as assets that can be liquidated and converted back to a cryptocurrency). (EDIT: This does not count the cost of the VIP/ULT+ upgrades.)

For comparison, I was a top player in Farm Satoshi (now defunct) and Coinbrawl, in both of which I earn(ed) around 100K satoshis/day.  After two months of play on DKV I already have baseline earnings of 178K dragon points/satoshis (or convertible to such) a day while putting forth very little effort. To the extent I actually play the game as intended I surpass that.

My 2 satoshis,
EnderWiggin
Awwsome, thats some good earnings. I used to love farm satoshi until I used it in an airport and got banned for using a duplicate IP.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 05:23:30 AM

-EnderWiggin

I changed a lot of code today to help lesson page load times. The log code was pretty large and removing it took out a few kb of file space which has a big impact on page load times. I really want the game to be the fastest I can possibly make it as it sucks trying to play with lag.

For a great example, check out my first few videos in the DKV series and then check out the newest videos. The new ones are basically lag free for me even with the recording software active which is really awesome. I have 100 mbps internet though so webpages usually load pretty fast for me. So if I was getting bad lag then I can only imagine what someone's game experience is like on even half of that speed which is more than a lot of folks get as well.

I really liked the way the logs were set up though and really didn't want to change it but it did free up a lot of space.

-EnderWiggin

That's a good explanation thanks. I'll give it a try over the weekend and let you know what I think on Monday. Is there anything special I can get for finding the game on bct like special perks or gear?

There isn't any special join bonuses or anything but if you get other players to join and play then you can gain referral rewards when they reach level 10.
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:08:02 AM

I changed a lot of code today to help lesson page load times. The log code was pretty large and removing it took out a few kb of file space which has a big impact on page load times. I really want the game to be the fastest I can possibly make it as it sucks trying to play with lag.

I understand the reasoning behind the change, but I still prefer the old dropdown layout. It's just a personal preference though. I'm one of those players who make sure every message, notice, alert and whatnot get marked as READ, and having a separate page for the logs essentially doubles my loading time to get to them. It's not a big deal though, so I'm not complaining.

When you first start your earnings will be low but as you play your earnings will increase according to the amount of time and energy you put into playing.

^ This.

A Lv 1 mob is not gonna reward you with the same amount of Dragon Points as a Lv 100 mob, and so on and so forth. Village buildings don't raise their own levels either. And there's also other stuff which I don't really want to delve into detail.

If you spend coins on the game, then you're going to get an advantage, but it's not really necessary. You would mostly be exploring and grinding at the start anyway. As you keep playing, you'll most likely be able to make a measured decision on your own whether to invest on the game or not.

Is there anything special I can get for finding the game on bct like special perks or gear?

I'm not sure if it's still ongoing, but there was a promotion where you can become eligible to receive 1000 Dragon Points daily if you contributed to this thread (this one, the one that we're on) by participating in meaningful discussion and posting your character's name.

Character Name: Rimuru
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 08:53:23 AM

Dear players of Dragon Knights of Valeria,

The following changes have been made to the game.

1. The Premium Shop and House of Bones have been modified to run smoothly as well as lesson its impact on page loading. It will still operate the same as before.
2. The Proclaim Land event has been readded. For every 100,000 land claimed by clans everyone will receive a ton of rewards. The goal will rise after each one is met and will continue to do so until all 4,000,000 map tiles are owned. A message will be posted in chat when this goal is met.
3. The welcome message the Dark Wizard posts in chat will now display who referred them to the game if eligible.

Subscribe to keep up to date when new videos are posted by visiting my YouTube Channel found under the Info menu option.

DKV is brought to you in part by our #1 sponsor, HTML5Coin

Vote for DKV at http://newrpg.com/browser-games/dragon-knights-of-valeria

If you find a bug with the new updates please mail Anarchist (UserID:1) as soon as you find it.

As always, Thank you for playing DKV
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 09:48:52 AM

Thanks for the update.  Just to clarify one point:

2. The Proclaim Land event has been readded. For every 100,000 land claimed by clans everyone will receive a ton of rewards. The goal will rise after each one is met and will continue to do so until all 4,000,000 map tiles are owned. A message will be posted in chat when this goal is met.

So we're talking about claims by ALL clans reaching 100K etc claims resulting in rewards for EVERY player?  (Not just members of a specific clan or indeed members of all clans.)  Are claims by players who are not clan members counted? 

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 09:31:03 PM

Thanks for the update.  Just to clarify one point:

So we're talking about claims by ALL clans reaching 100K etc claims resulting in rewards for EVERY player?  (Not just members of a specific clan or indeed members of all clans.)  Are claims by players who are not clan members counted? 

Yes. Claims made by all players are included in the total and everyone will gain the rewards unless they are banned.

The reason it isn't just limited to only members of clans is mainly for one reason. Lets say that you leave your clan for something, you will still own the land you proclaimed but won't be in a clan. If it was limited to only clan members then you wouldn't receive a reward for what you've done.

I will most likely change this in the future to give out rewards based on who claimed land in the last 100,000 claims, I just want to see how this goes first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: