Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:58:30 PM

Firstly, if the cryptography is compromised the least of my worries is remaining anonymous; you would have alot of other things to worry about.
Secondly, there is something called "stealth address" oh and of-course if that cryptography is broken well then sir you have more more to worry about than remaining anonymous.
Thirdly, see 1 and 2 and oh yeah why not send a note to Satoshi about it whilst you was as it about how dumb his idea was of creating a crypto currency.

That is a very common fallacy. Or maybe you just have nothing to hide?

When the cryptography securing on chain anonymity is broken, everything in there will be revealed. New algorithms will be implemented to secure everything else from future attacks like your coins so they can't be stolen, but what has been put into the chain will be there and can't be made anymore secure.

You are missing the point again ... when you cannot find any weaknesses is the design of both CN/Shadow you have to resort to breaking the one thing which fundamentally makes crypto currencies secure.

But if you want to play this game lets play.

For arguments sake lets say ECDSA is broken ... so now for every address that has ever made a transaction we can derive the private key.
So as a average crypto user; I could simple import this private key into my wallet and reindex. Voila! I now have every transaction that address every made. Good luck with your dual network or whatever you call it as simple chain analysis will reveal all!

Now try doing that with a solution that uses ring sigs and stealth address. You have to break a single algo to deanonymize DRK and yet would have to break multiple to have the same effect on CN/Shadow.

^ see how your logic is flawed! just like the masternode design.

Darksend does not reuse addresses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:08:08 PM

"With on chain anonymity everything is in one database. Forever. With off chain anonymity no one has all the information."

Not true, you can see look at the blockchain and see the mixings happening and if you take the time and can unravel the "randomization", you might be able to identify the reciever and sender(Since it is coinjoin) . Cryptonote coins protect against blockchain anaylsis, unlike other coins(Darkcoin).

Take the time and can unravel the "randomization" - well that's what it's designed to prevent. It removes the link from inputs to outputs. There is no correlation in the blockchain anymore.

"How do you know those 100+ are actually different people? They could all be NSA."

That arguement could be used for any coin or any item online, including Bitcoin, Darkcoin, Google, Facebook, etc. Not very practical.

Well you brought it up so that's why.

" 1 Darkcoin is divisible by 100,000,000. They won't run out."

That doesn't matter as all altcoins besides Bitcoin as of now have low prices per coin, making denominations almost irrelevant. That's why you need as much coins as you can to be on the markets, not locked up in masternodes taking liquidity away.

What does that even mean?  Huh
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

please add BBR to your comparison chart. It should be noted that for CryptoNote based coins a minimum mixin should be used for each transaction. BBR requires this while it is optional for other CryptoNote coins:

http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-solves-cryptonoteflaws-37055246?next_slideshow=1

Sorry, but with current state of Boolberry (not even in top 100 marketcap - no development since months) and the few differences with XMR or XDN, it doesn't seem to be useful to put Boolberry in the comparison

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:29:01 PM

Smiley
that is a biaised "comparison". goal = promo for shadowcoin.

i like how the subject say "...the most known..."  like, is SDC really that known?

where is navajo? where is stealthcoin?  and there are others too...
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:30:21 PM

"With on chain anonymity everything is in one database. Forever. With off chain anonymity no one has all the information."

Not true, you can see look at the blockchain and see the mixings happening and if you take the time and can unravel the "randomization", you might be able to identify the reciever and sender(Since it is coinjoin) . Cryptonote coins protect against blockchain anaylsis, unlike other coins(Darkcoin).

Take the time and can unravel the "randomization" - well that's what it's designed to prevent. It removes the link from inputs to outputs. There is no correlation in the blockchain anymore.

"How do you know those 100+ are actually different people? They could all be NSA."

That arguement could be used for any coin or any item online, including Bitcoin, Darkcoin, Google, Facebook, etc. Not very practical.

Well you brought it up so that's why.

" 1 Darkcoin is divisible by 100,000,000. They won't run out."

That doesn't matter as all altcoins besides Bitcoin as of now have low prices per coin, making denominations almost irrelevant. That's why you need as much coins as you can to be on the markets, not locked up in masternodes taking liquidity away.

What does that even mean?  Huh

I meant it's unfeasible to think that the NSA is everyone out there but yourself(Which is impossible, they are no omnipresent, lol). The 100 was just a random number, it could be even 20,000, etc etc, which is one of the beauties of Monero/ring signatures/cryptonote.

Ok, ill your word on the inputs being separated from the outputs

Denominations are almost irrelevant at this stage, since most people use the term "1 Darkcoin", not "1 Darkoshi etc". This is because the coin has a relatively low price, and using denominations would make the price of one coin even "lower", which is unnessecary. That's why taking darkcoins out of the markets and stocking them up on masternodes is such a bad idea, unless you plan for Darkcoin to be used solely as a commodity.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:40:18 PM

Firstly, if the cryptography is compromised the least of my worries is remaining anonymous; you would have alot of other things to worry about.
Secondly, there is something called "stealth address" oh and of-course if that cryptography is broken well then sir you have more more to worry about than remaining anonymous.
Thirdly, see 1 and 2 and oh yeah why not send a note to Satoshi about it whilst you was as it about how dumb his idea was of creating a crypto currency.

When the cryptography securing on chain anonymity is broken, everything in there will be revealed. New algorithms will be implemented to secure everything else from future attacks like your coins so they can't be stolen, but what has been put into the chain will be there and can't be made anymore secure.

You are missing the point again ... when you cannot find any weaknesses is the design of both CN/Shadow you have to resort to breaking the one thing which fundamentally makes crypto currencies secure.

For arguments sake lets say ECDSA is broken ... so now for every address that has ever made a transaction we can derive the private key.
So as a average crypto user; I could simple import this private key into my wallet and reindex. Voila! I now have every transaction that address every made. Good luck with your dual network or whatever you call it as simple chain analysis will reveal all!

Now try doing that with a solution that uses ring sigs and stealth address. You have to break a single algo to deanonymize DRK and yet would have to break multiple to have the same effect on CN/Shadow.

And that is all you can say? whether it uses or not is irrelevant ... I can de-anonymize 100% of the network for all completed transactions. Every time you make a new transaction because I know the previous history I can also accurate analyze it. That was based on your/drk logic.

Regardless I like the way you answered the one part that suited you.
The point is "You have to break a single algo to deanonymize DRK and yet would have to break multiple to have the same effect on CN/Shadow" and that is ignoring the design flaws such as 92% of your MN reside at 9 different ASNs etc etc etc

I look forward to the day a cryptographer has anything good to say about the DRKs MN design ... IMO never will happen!

^ I am with STUPID!
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 02:34:23 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 02:47:03 PM by ffmad

Smiley
that is a biaised "comparison". goal = promo for shadowcoin.

i like how the subject say "...the most known..."  like, is SDC really that known?

where is navajo? where is stealthcoin?  and there are others too...

Please, Stealthcoin is not even anonymous. Could you tell me what makes it anonymous ?  Roll Eyes

For Navajo I don't think anyone have seen anything until now. It will be added if it proves its tech for some weeks.

This comparison can be perfected, but there is no reason to put coins that don't have the tech.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:42:12 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 03:19:24 PM by illodin

And that is all you can say? whether it uses or not is irrelevant ... I can de-anonymize 100% of the network for all completed transactions. Every time you make a new transaction because I know the previous history I can also accurate analyze it. That was based on your/drk logic.

Regardless I like the way you answered the one part that suited you.
The point is "You have to break a single algo to deanonymize DRK and yet would have to break multiple to have the same effect on CN/Shadow" and that is ignoring the design flaws such as 92% of your MN reside at 9 different ASNs etc etc etc

I look forward to the day a cryptographer has anything good to say about the DRKs MN design ... IMO never will happen!

I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to a public donation address of WikiLeaks.

However, you strongly oppose WikiLeaks and everyone who supports it, and want to know who that B5 is. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:07:11 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 03:39:50 PM by Macno

I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to ya public donation address of WikiLeaks.

Later when you find out she's been doing business you get angry and try to find out who's been paying her. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

The part with his xxx was completely unecessary.
I am a DRK/Dash-investor and I enjoy this thread and the discussion, please stay on topic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 03:10:07 PM

Be ↄareful, the ↄult of Darshↄoin uses Scientology's 'Attack the Attacker' strategy against its ↄritics.   Cheesy

Dark just renamed to Dash. Its still a bitcoin codebase covered with anon confetti

QFT.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

The part with his momma was completely unecessary.
I am a DRK/Dash-investor and I enjoy this thread and the discussion, please stay on topic.

I just can't resist momma jokes for some reason. It was inappropriate, I made a mistake and I apologize. Sometimes when spending too much time on this forum it's easy to forget there are also civilized people reading. I edited my post and hope you will edit the quote as well.

dasource

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:26:25 PM

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to your momma for her sexual services.

Later when you find out she's been doing business you get angry and try to find out who's been paying her. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

It is okay, children do that since they know I am showing clear flaws in its design.
He is frustrated he is bag holding a technology that has little future outside of the pumps organized by the mass instamine and early adopters..

^ I am with STUPID!
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:40:11 PM

Sorry, but with current state of Boolberry (not even in top 100 marketcap - no development since months) and the few differences with XMR or XDN, it doesn't seem to be useful to put Boolberry in the comparison

Unlinkable transaction upgrade to CryptoNote and blockchain bloat reduction are probably the two biggest upgrades to any CryptoNote currency so far. XMR has probably done a bunch of stuff too but I can't think of a specific thing off the top of my head that could be more important than those two upgrades. XMR devs plan to do their own versions of these upgrades down the line, but they have a lot on their plate so I wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

CryptoZoidberg is still around. He's done a lot of work and it's a bit silly that you would dismiss that and have the balls to put Ducknote above BBR in relevance.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:43:21 PM

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to Wikileaks.

It is okay, children do that since they know I am showing clear flaws in its design.
He is frustrated he is bag holding a technology that has little future outside of the pumps organized by the mass instamine and early adopters..

@Illodin: edited and thanks for your reply.
@dasource: great, now you are the one picking up an unnecessary fight...pretty childish, since illodin even apologized. I`m interested in the "technology that has little future" part, the instamine case is settled imho (and it is FUD regurgitating it).
P3RS3US

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:51:05 PM

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to your momma for her sexual services.

@Illodin: edited and thanks for your reply.
@dasource: great, now you are the one picking up an unnecessary fight...pretty childish, since illodin even apologized. I`m interested in the "technology that has little future" part, the instamine case is settled imho (and it is FUD regurgitating it).

Bear in mind there is a bit of history here.
Nevertheless I know dasource to be a gentlmen and I'm sure he'll get back to his well explained technical position.

dasoure, by the way, is a member of the Shadow Dev Team and is therefor intimately involved in the project and well-suited to explain the technical aspects of it.

This thread is getting better and better in my opinion. Sure there's FUD here and there but overall a debate IS happening. Unusual in crypto. Keep it up!
dasource

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:53:58 PM

Macno, no-one is picking a fight. I am stating a fact... "children" resort to using momma jokes when they get frustrated. I have yet to meet a adult that does that.

Secondly, IMO in a world where decentralisation and cryptography secure technology exists there is no room for DRK MNs

Thirdly, Instamine; In your opinion but not mine and many others in the know.

Lastly, to answer the question in hand ... the accusation was that a cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed (this argument is a lame attempt from the DRK camp since its the only weakness they can think of) ... I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow (you still have ring sigs and stealth address to work your way through).

^ I am with STUPID!
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:56:56 PM

I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow.

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.
dasource

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow.

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.

Firstly I am not cryptography expert or ever claimed to be.

Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.
If ECDSA is cracked then only SDC funds, private keys and SDC transactions are mine. SDT transactions i.e. all anonymous transactions are still 100% anonymous and secure.

Now tell me who has been hurt more as a currency?
But this is only part of the problem with DRK MN design; I am directly answering your question in relation to "cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed"

Fact is a cracked crypto algo in the example I posted is far worse for DRK than it is for Shadow (as stated above you have to go through multiple layers).

^ I am with STUPID!
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 04:25:49 PM

Instamine

derp herp http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin

heres the summary: XMR = genuine anonymous crypto, XDN/SDC/DRK(DASH) = scam

did you know lying is a sin.

I don't see SDC into that list ... And saying it's a scam is insulting to all the people that have worked a lot on this project.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

DRKs anon system is too slow to function. SDC is instant. I believe the only instant one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: