Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sfards:SF100, the first 28nm Dual-Mode Miner is accepting pre-order now  (Read 129572 times)
Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:02:14 AM

Oh and really nice to see another company being nice with new company!
Nothing but respect for Spondoolies.

Is this the same Jack as Lightning Asic's owner?  Lips sealed
No affiliation i'm afraid.

so maybe yet some Zeus miner upgrades i m holding onto two just in case.  Zeus was part of the merger ,:) .
There may have been some confusion regarding this but actually the merger was only between 2 companies: Gridseed and WiiBox.

We officially merged last August to become SFARDS.

why do both types on mining in a single device? On a single chip at that? is it really practical to design two complex slgorithms in a single chip, instead of producing a sha256-miner and a scrypt-miner?

sorry - but a picture of a front desk doesnt do it for me, and I hope you dont go looking for a pre-order
One of the reasons is that it makes the miner far more adaptable and gives the hardware a longer shelf-life. This becomes apparent in a few situations:

Case 1: The bitcoin price drastically drops. Instead of switching off miners like a lot of people have had to do recently, with our miner you can switch to full Scrypt mode and mine LTC (for example). When the price rises again, its simple to just start mining BTC again.

Case 2: You can use the dual-mining mode to mine both BTC and LTC (or any other Scrypt coin). You'll be mining with low power consumption and can even use Scrypt profits to cover electricity costs. Scrypt profits will be higher than other miners because of our low power consumption and so are viable to cover these costs.

Case 3: LTC (or any other Scrypt coin)'s price skyrockets, you'll have the option to mine it (if you weren't already) without purchasing a new miner.

Essentially: with low power consumption and the ability to be versatile you'll be able to get a lot more out of your hardware.

You're already planning a group buy?  Grin
Regarding group buys: this is something we'll get back to you all on.

I'd certainly get in on a group buy for chips + datasheets + people with the skill and time to build miners around them.  There's plenty of people here who could do so and have done so in the past.
We are open to various large scale collaboration. If it's something you're interested in please contact sales@sfards.com.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:42:37 AM

Did anyone here see this written right on their main website page?
"An innovative hash rate rental platform."
Does it say they will be offering equipment to buy? I didn't see it.
I'm assuming this is ALL data-center cloud-mining, right?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:47:22 AM

This is about the same time Spondoolies tech launched last year. Please follow in their footsteps and be just as good!

EDIT: Just realized that this is just a merger of two reputable companies.

Carry on.
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:47:42 AM

I hope not  Huh I really wanted to see a competitor to Bitmain so they stop raising prices on us. Come on SFARDS you are our only hope!!
ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:48:42 AM

This is about the same time Spondoolies tech launched last year. Please follow in their footsteps and be just as good!

That would be a hard act to follow, but lets hope they are. Free us from this Chinese oppression so that we may make some sort of profits  Cool
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 04:53:17 AM

Free us from this Chinese oppression Cool

You might want to take a closer look at their logo..  Wink

ScryptAsic

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:29:13 AM

Free us from this Chinese oppression Cool

You might want to take a closer look at their logo..  Wink

I get that they are Chinese, but I hope they treat us better. My wording did fail though  Undecided
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 07:17:53 AM

The SF3301 is the first of a new generation of dual-algorithm mining chips, the world’s first 28nm with the capability to mine SHA-256 and Scrypt simultaneously. The advantages of this ability translate to an extended period of effectiveness for the miner and increased profitability.

By using FDSOI technology not currently present in any other chip on the market, power efficiency when mining with SHA-256 is predicted to reach below the 0.3 J/GH range, and 2.0 J/MH when mining with Scrypt.

why do both types on mining in a single device? On a single chip at that? is it really practical to design two complex slgorithms in a single chip, instead of producing a sha256-miner and a scrypt-miner?

sorry - but a picture of a front desk doesnt do it for me, and I hope you dont go looking for a pre-order

At this point if they're taping out without customer funds I'd certainly hope they're not going to as there shouldn't be a need. Batches I'd totally understand as it also gives some redundancy to teething issues, but only once machines are actually tested and characterised.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:36:01 AM

That would be a hard act to follow, but lets hope they are. Free us from this Chinese oppression so that we may make some sort of profits  Cool

Oppression?

Like BFL, Bitfury, Black Arrow (Non-chinese owned), Bitmine, KNC or Hashfast did so well to relieve our dependence on Chinese fabricators?

Right now all you got is Chinese or Israeli. Or really all you got is used products as nothing off the shelf available currently that you could trust.

It is a market place Avalon gouged, BFL gouged, ASICminer definitely gouged. Prices didn't drop until there was competition. I don't think that a slight up tick in price 20% as huge gouge compared to the past levels which orders of 1000% higher than fabrication costs. Sfards is months out so it is USED equipment which is readily available as many many people are dumping their units to recoup / make tidy profits since they are probably almost break even on a lot of this hardware. Bitmain and Spondoolies Hardware at this stage.

Mining is not the right move bottom line given the price of BTC at this time. Too risky given when price could bump up the mega farms will roll out more hash power and bury the little guys again.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 07:44:35 AM

That would be a hard act to follow, but lets hope they are. Free us from this Chinese oppression so that we may make some sort of profits  Cool

Oppression?

Like BFL, Bitfury, Black Arrow (Non-chinese owned), Bitmine, KNC or Hashfast did so well to relieve our dependence on Chinese fabricators?

Right now all you got is Chinese or Israeli. Or really all you got is used products as nothing off the shelf available currently that you could trust.

It is a market place Avalon gouged, BFL gouged, ASICminer definitely gouged. Prices didn't drop until there was competition. I don't a slight up tick in price 20% as huge gouge compared to the past levels. Sfards is months out so it is USED equipment which is readily available as many many people are dumping their units to recoup / make tidy profits since they are probably almost break even on a lot of this hardware. 

Mining is not the right move bottom line given the price of BTC at this time. Too risky given when price could bump up the mega farms will roll out more hash power and bury the little guys again.

That is indeed true, while the track record of Chinese companies is at least marginally better:

Bitmain
Avalon (... for a time)
Canaan Creative
ASICMiner (... for a time)
XBTech (although Russian time)
BitCrane
And a hell of a lot of smaller ones.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:50:16 AM

Hi,

Test units or review units?

Also, were you guys connected with a certain Alex that sold Gridseeds? (I have a small pending refund which I never got.)

Sfards (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:38:17 AM

Hi,

Test units or review units?

Also, were you guys connected with a certain Alex that sold Gridseeds? (I have a small pending refund which I never got.)
I'm assuming Alex is a reseller? PM me with some details and i'll see if we can help you.

At the very least we can find out who not to deal with in future.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:50:24 AM

They say that they plan to produce mining hardware: "We plan to produce mining products for both professionals and individuals."

Time will show...
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:50:27 AM

Documentation? Sample chips?

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:21:18 PM

I will say I am curious.  Waiting to see some rubber hit the road.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:28:07 PM

I will say I am curious.  Waiting to see some rubber hit the road.

heh i will follow you and others lead on all this...way back in the pack....obviously I will have no clue (I got a knc titan for crying out loud)

so .....am gonna be way behind on this

(we also serve who slink in the back while others jump into the river full of alligators...)

my skills obviously do not turn to any skills in the proper choice of asic miner companies ..especially at 'inception'

anyway someone be brave/take a chance...so others on here can benefit!

( i suppose i could pull out the old 'I double dare' somebody to jump first...but naw)

again watching cablez's reaction to rubber on road and other clues before going anywhere near this ..ie everyone else 'you first'

tired of PSD version of ASIC miner purchasing drama (of course if they sent me a sample unit to play with i'd snap right out of this melancholia don't ya know!)

damn that did not work..maybe a beer will help...

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:39:12 PM

I will be watching closely Smiley

HolgerDansk

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:00:06 PM

One of the reasons is that it makes the miner far more adaptable and gives the hardware a longer shelf-life.

I like the innovation of making a dual algorithm chip that is efficient.  I'm excited to be able to support you.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:14:03 PM

Gridseed dual mining orbs were a needed and welcome advancement in crypto mining.  Looking forward to your next offering.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:49:42 PM

Even the first Gridseed it had dual mining but nobody mined dual mode.
To many heat related problems that nobody care to solve.
I mined ONLY LTC with these miners until I sold them all
Hope this miner will have less problems and good pricing
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: