Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:29:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826667 times)
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:40:03 PM

I think its called coin control

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Troublesome96

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:42:35 PM

lol this is great tho... the more people try to stake and less nodes then staking becomes less efficient for 500 coins, and the ones who leave their nodes running will be the efficient ones... but if theres way more adrenaline nodes up then staking 500 coins will be very efficient and nodes a bit less. So it might take awhile for a good balance to form.

the one I think the nodes have over staking is I've already had to reset my staking coins twice now... which leaves me needing to spend the time sending coins to reset their age/size of deposits so they will begin to stake again after the long 8 hr wait. so I end up losing time.

I'm trying the "minimize weight consumption" option in the wallet... I'm assuming it will help staking (would love if someone could explain it)

Along with the below question as well please:

In the "Adrenaline Network" menu, what does the 'rank' column represent?

Still wondering myself  Huh

On wallet version 1.4.1 in the Adrenaline section, what does the rank represent on the "Adrenaline Network" tab?

bump. If this was answered I missed it.

Possibly the amount of times it is the "winner"? I would think looking at the top few and the block explorer might actually prove/disprove this theory.
It does not appear to be the amount of time online, so that was my only guess.

EDIT: Although I just saw one ranked -1 so I dunno.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:44:19 PM

pos network is support to infinity as network expand you need more coin on market that why no issue
Most POS coins have fixed rate of inflation, or are not reduced indefinitely. Having almost no POS reward in the long term might become an issue as well.

Which coin are you talking about because as I keep trying to tell you the POS reward for crave is CONSTANT over time so what are you talking about? Your concerns are unfounded I believe if you will just wrap your head round it.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:45:50 PM

their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

new nodes have been going up every day growing nice and steady
Personally i like to invest in projects that have a long term vision, if this project does not care about what happens in 10 years from now then i would also care a lot less about this project. I want to like CRAVE though, since so many coins are trying to be mainstream and are distancing them selfs from the dark markets. CRAVE is doing the opposite i think that is cool. Smiley

So please ICM cap the block reward at 2%, so it cannot go below that percentage. It would hugely increase my confidence in this project and I am sure there are many silent investors out there that feel the same way that i do.
There will be no change to the economic structure of this coin right now.  There is no issue here.
We do not agree, thank you very much for responding though Smiley
economic structure is perfect imo, if you reduce block reward then you will have less incentive to keep masternode running. after one or two years already barley any profitability and no incentive to keep masternode other then to trade/sell those 500 you have.. so after 10 years you end up without any nodes.. that would end up bad imo. At the current structure you will always have good crave supply to satisfy demand considering that atm there are 20% coins already locked. As the new investors demand more coins to buy masternode so the price goes up and more coins get locked out of market giving balance between profitability and demand. pretty genius imo.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:49:44 PM

I think he means that eventually (years from now) the amount of crave created by 1 crave per block will equal less than 2% of the available money supply

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:51:59 PM

their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

Personally i like to invest in projects that have a long term vision, if this project does not care about what happens in 10 years from now then i would also care a lot less about this project. I want to like CRAVE though, since so many coins are trying to be mainstream and are distancing them selfs from the dark markets. CRAVE is doing the opposite i think that is cool. Smiley

So please ICM cap the block reward at 2%, so it cannot go below that percentage. It would hugely increase my confidence in this project and I am sure there are many silent investors out there that feel the same way that i do.
There will be no change to the economic structure of this coin right now.  There is no issue here.
ICM, we would like to keep this coin rare. If you disagree, the community has already taken off and could fork if we so chose.
Good luck with that.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:52:47 PM

theres "coin control" and "minimize weight consumption" options in the wallet... I'm asking about the new consumption one

WAVES
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:54:49 PM

Maybe we could fork another asset with a cap on stake I'm sure there's a solution that will make all parties happy and no feeling have to get hurt. I mean come on its not even an issue for awhile who knows where crypto as an industry is at by that point...

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:57:13 PM

ICM, we would like to keep this coin rare. If you disagree, the community has already taken off and could fork if we so chose.
what? i thought you support imc  Tongue he did good plan with crave believe me. the way it is now gives me incentive to run masternodes, if something changes it will be only for worse. you guys clearly missed very important point, the more masternodes the less crave to trade with = rare. imc you genius imo cheers to you bud   Wink

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:58:33 PM

economic structure is perfect imo, if you reduce block reward then you will have less incentive to keep masternode running. after one or two years already barley any profitability and no incentive to keep masternode other then to trade/sell those 500 you have.. so after 10 years you end up without any nodes.. that would end up bad imo. At the current structure you will always have good crave supply to satisfy demand considering that atm there are 20% coins already locked. As the new investors demand more coins to buy masternode so the price goes up and more coins get locked out of market giving balance between profitability and demand. pretty genius imo.

I'm with ya... I think it's a brilliant ecosystem designed to grow strong over time.

WAVES
tm2013

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:01:32 PM

There will be no change to the economic structure of this coin right now.  There is no issue here.
what? i thought you support imc  Tongue he did good plan with crave believe me. the way it is now gives me incentive to run masternodes, if something changes it will be only for worse. you guys clearly missed very important point, the more masternodes the less crave to trade with = rare. imc you genius imo cheers to you bud   Wink
I never said I was against him, I was just saying if the community says we fork, we can fork. It's not a big issue, but it may become one. If we reach a 20 million dollar market cap, we're talking quite a bit per crave. Now think of that generating 500k coins a year. That's where our problem becomes relevant. Adding 5 million a year to our market cap wouldn't be supportable under the typical orderbooks, even if we reach a level similar to dash and the deep order books that it has.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:04:14 PM

True its an option and that is a concern I thought about to, but we forget that urge will draw the demand and people will pay the price if there's enough of a demand for it and being first to market will play a big part in ensuring craves future too.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:04:26 PM

Maybe we could fork another asset with a cap on stake I'm sure there's a solution that will make all parties happy and no feeling have to get hurt. I mean come on its not even an issue for awhile who knows where crypto as an industry is at by that point...

if you just want a rare coin theres lots out there like SQL and others, with CRAVE there is already more coins running nodes then has been created by the 1 crave per block pos structure... and is creating much more than a simple coin.  I think ICM is pretty genius so far

WAVES
sologap

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:06:24 PM

if you just want a rare coin theres lots out there like SQL and others, with CRAVE there is already more coins running nodes then has been created by the 1 crave per block pos structure... and is creating much more than a simple coin.  I think ICM is pretty genius so far

ICM is Satoshi v2  Grin

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:07:03 PM

Good luck with that.
you guys sound like you own crave or something, if you want to change something than go ahead and make new coin but don't drag crave down with it. for that matter don't even use similar name lol

tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:09:44 PM

the market will always balance itself out.

more coins = more masternodes

more masternodes = less coins available on orderbook

less supply + more demand = rise in price

rise in price = more masternodes because of increase profitability.

you have to think in percentage, not in total number of coins

whether there is 500k coins or 50 million. If 50% of them are running masternodes, then you can expect the same value of price per CRAVE. The good thing about having more coins will mean a lower price, but greater liquidity. this will help stabilize the price and attract big traders.

give it time, ICM has set this thing up right.
tm2013

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

Good luck with that.
you guys sound like you own crave or something, if you want to change something than go ahead and make new coin but don't drag crave down with it. for that matter don't even use similar name lol
Well a community technically does own a coin, but anyways.. Maybe once we hit one million coins, I would be in favor of halving the block reward, and continuing to half every year.

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:12:18 PM

the market will always balance itself out.

more coins = more masternodes

more masternodes = less coins available on orderbook

less supply + more demand = rise in price

rise in price = more masternodes because of increase profitability.

you have to think in percentage, not in total number of coins

whether there is 500k coins or 50 million. If 50% of them are running masternodes, then you can expect the same value of price per CRAVE. The good thing about having more coins will mean a lower price, but greater liquidity. this will help stabilize the price and attract big traders.

give it time, ICM has set this thing up right.
like i said before imc did amazing job. really genius. no issue here

industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:15:23 PM

Good luck with that.
Well a community technically does own a coin, but anyways.. Maybe once we hit one million coins, I would be in favor of halving the block reward, and continuing to half every year.
Like I said, good luck with that.  How well did that work out with ecash and igotspots?  Are you going to build a self-serve market platform?
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:16:50 PM

I like the fact everyone's giving this some deep thought its a good sign for a coin so young lol.

Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: