Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:21:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if US Dollar Crashes?  (Read 57058 times)
coszy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:01:17 PM

If it happens, the US government will adopt Bitcoin or any other worthy cryptocurrency in place of the USD and the demand for the currency replacing the dollar will causevitvtobgain more value than the existing ones and will hence replace the dollar as the global currency.

Nope. What they'll do is raise interest rates. Interest rate rises squeeze inflation out of the system, and also make a currency more attractive to investors, causing them to buy dollars to get the interest.

The Fed raised rates in december, and will likely raise again in either March or April. Given that other countries are not raising rates, the likelihood of the dollar crashing is slim to none.

Well, there may be a bubble in the stock exchanges.  They are looking heavy!  A lot of that confidence is based on speculation into Trump's ability to stimulate the economy...If Trump don't produce, things may get interesting.  I don't think he will be able to produce those low skill, high wage jobs he promised his supporters....Skepticism may be needed here.

Interest rates don't just affect stock markets. They affect bond markets too. If interest rates rise, money market funds would be a nice place to place money risk-free and earn some interest. And the Americans are ahead of every where else in raising rates, so the likelihood of the dollar crashing is slim to none. In fact it might get too strong, hurting exports.

If we look to the most recent 2008 housing market correction as example of the dangers associated with over speculation and the effect it can have on the economy, we can get a better perspective.  A major market correction can have an extreme effect on the economy (1929-30...1973-74...2007-08). 
The housing market as well as the foreign exchange market has always had its fluctuations, but it does not mean that no prospects can not be. Indicators of past years are temporary market decline.
BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:04:13 PM

I do not use dollars to transact, but I use fiat, and bitcoin. Well, maybe when the dollar crashes, bitcoin prices will rise, and it may be beneficial for some parties. but I am sure, it will give the effect that very much, because the dollar is the international currency.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:30:26 PM

I do not use dollars to transact, but I use fiat, and bitcoin. Well, maybe when the dollar crashes, bitcoin prices will rise, and it may be beneficial for some parties. but I am sure, it will give the effect that very much, because the dollar is the international currency.
And I'm sure that bitcoin is stronger than the dollar. The dollar, as you have said, the international currency and its support is very strong and reliable. Bitcoin is still much need to get at least a little to catch up with the dollar.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:11:23 PM

If it happens, the US government will adopt Bitcoin or any other worthy cryptocurrency in place of the USD and the demand for the currency replacing the dollar will causevitvtobgain more value than the existing ones and will hence replace the dollar as the global currency.

Nope. What they'll do is raise interest rates. Interest rate rises squeeze inflation out of the system, and also make a currency more attractive to investors, causing them to buy dollars to get the interest.

The Fed raised rates in december, and will likely raise again in either March or April. Given that other countries are not raising rates, the likelihood of the dollar crashing is slim to none.

Well, there may be a bubble in the stock exchanges.  They are looking heavy!  A lot of that confidence is based on speculation into Trump's ability to stimulate the economy...If Trump don't produce, things may get interesting.  I don't think he will be able to produce those low skill, high wage jobs he promised his supporters....Skepticism may be needed here.

Interest rates don't just affect stock markets. They affect bond markets too. If interest rates rise, money market funds would be a nice place to place money risk-free and earn some interest. And the Americans are ahead of every where else in raising rates, so the likelihood of the dollar crashing is slim to none. In fact it might get too strong, hurting exports

Rising interest rates can be a cause and they can be an effect

In the late 1970s the inflation in the US was in two digits and so were the interest rates. In this manner, if interest rates are rising, it may actually serve as an indicator of accelerating inflation. But inflation cannot contribute in any meaningful way to the strength of a currency which suffers from inflation. In fact, it just shows how weak that currency is. Basically, hyperinflation is synonymous with currency collapse (see Zimbabwe). I don't think that it ever comes to that in respect to the US dollar, but in any case rising interest rates cannot be interpreted as strengthening of the dollar
Despite the fact that the US printing machines continuously print many pieces of paper dollars, the currency is still very well regarded in the foreign exchange market and the fall of one would never allow.
zikel

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:16:02 PM

Interest rates don't just affect stock markets. They affect bond markets too. If interest rates rise, money market funds would be a nice place to place money risk-free and earn some interest. And the Americans are ahead of every where else in raising rates, so the likelihood of the dollar crashing is slim to none. In fact it might get too strong, hurting exports.

If we look to the most recent 2008 housing market correction as example of the dangers associated with over speculation and the effect it can have on the economy, we can get a better perspective.  A major market correction can have an extreme effect on the economy (1929-30...1973-74...2007-08). 
The housing market as well as the foreign exchange market has always had its fluctuations, but it does not mean that no prospects can not be. Indicators of past years are temporary market decline.

I agree, the market is constantly changing. Now almost the entire world is going through financial difficulties. This is one of the reasons for the decline in the foreign exchange market and real estate market
onelove2111

Activity: 254

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:40:54 PM

I agree, the market is constantly changing. Now almost the entire world is going through financial difficulties. This is one of the reasons for the decline in the foreign exchange market and real estate market
All say that the global crisis and the crisis of individual countries, but in fact the oligarchs get profits and are not millionaires and billionaires have. And the poor people continue to peter out.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 06:46:33 PM

All say that the global crisis and the crisis of individual countries, but in fact the oligarchs get profits and are not millionaires and billionaires have. And the poor people continue to peter out.
I didnt notice that almost all countries are affect not only here in my country.. that is why this is a trending news daily on tv..
Well we are lucky that we had bitcoin and say that we are making more profiting for the price increase or i think they are just relaying what the price of fiat.. since our fiat is already down here in my country and decreasing the value more.. ever week or monthly.. affected our exchange market.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:01:32 PM

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
What will be it's affects on the beloved currency, BTC?
Well I think maybe it will only affect our btc cause we have lot's of people who are using USD as their currency,
But for me it won't affect the price of BTC.
The dollar exchange rate and the exchange rate bitcoin do not intersect in my opinion. But the fact that users are used as equivalent to one or another currency. The dollar is the currency of everyday, which is suitable for all needs, and the collapse of its virtually impossible.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:17:32 PM

I was thinking about this, what if the US Dollar crashes like speculated by many renowned economists around the world?
Well I think maybe it will only affect our btc cause we have lot's of people who are using USD as their currency,
But for me it won't affect the price of BTC.
The dollar exchange rate and the exchange rate bitcoin do not intersect in my opinion. But the fact that users are used as equivalent to one or another currency. The dollar is the currency of everyday, which is suitable for all needs, and the collapse of its virtually impossible.
The collapse of its virtually impossible Currently we can say this because its holding too much in world right now euro is also fail just because of this use of dollar too much but in case its crash its nothing happening to bitcoin
grandy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:44:49 PM

And I'm sure that bitcoin is stronger than the dollar. The dollar, as you have said, the international currency and its support is very strong and reliable. Bitcoin is still much need to get at least a little to catch up with the dollar.
but  very honestly bitcoin is not stronger that USD, USD is one of the most popular currency of the world. but may be in future when bitcoin will become more and more popular may be then bitcoin become more and more stable and stronger than USD.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:41:40 AM

but  very honestly bitcoin is not stronger that USD, USD is one of the most popular currency of the world. but may be in future when bitcoin will become more and more popular may be then bitcoin become more and more stable and stronger than USD.
yepp , bitcoin has higher value only ,
USD too strong to compare with bitcoin as a new thing on the intertent ,
but as usually USD always paired with everything as USD considered as center of value ,
then once the dollar crash i think everything will get a significant effect , even bitcoin can take the place maybe?
seven4smoke

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:50:50 AM

yepp , bitcoin has higher value only ,
USD too strong to compare with bitcoin as a new thing on the intertent ,
but as usually USD always paired with everything as USD considered as center of value ,
then once the dollar crash i think everything will get a significant effect , even bitcoin can take the place maybe?
In contrast to the dollar, bitcoin has no such strong support, and practically is not protected by any legal or by any moments. In my opinion bitcoin is always at risk, can not be said about the dollars.
noictib

Activity: 966
Merit: 515

One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:12:25 AM

I think crashing down for the filler or USD is impossible because in the Fiat currency the king is one which is USD .
But if it would be then the people who are non USD user will get profit . Because if USD carsh then the value of Bitcoin in USD will increase and if we sell.our Bitcoin for Fiat then we will get for profit in our own Fiat currency .
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:09:47 PM

I think crashing down for the filler or USD is impossible because in the Fiat currency the king is one which is USD .
But if it would be then the people who are non USD user will get profit . Because if USD carsh then the value of Bitcoin in USD will increase and if we sell.our Bitcoin for Fiat then we will get for profit in our own Fiat currency .

You have got the conversion wrong there.
If you have a different currency other than USD, then the USD crashing won't get you much more fiat.
Value of Bitcoin in USD will increase, but those dollars will fetch you less fiat. In the end, the value of BTC in your fiat currency won't change.

Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:37:47 PM

There will be a worlwide panic. There will be a problem pertaining the use of btc since it is backed up by dollar and not by gold. If dollar crashes then bitcoin crashes as a currency. A new bitcoin will emerged and that is the bitcoin being controlled by the government. A new bitcoin under the rule of law which is more transparent and a legal tender.

are you very sure that bitcoin is at USD ..?? . As I see that the price of bitcoin is not dependent on USD, but rather the bitcoin stands alone and determine prices. Indeed this now many people are based on the price of USD, but not that the USD is the parent of the price factor bitcoin. And I am sure that bitcoin cannot be controlled by the Government, because the nature of anonymous and very transparent.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:27:03 PM

There will be a worlwide panic. There will be a problem pertaining the use of btc since it is backed up by dollar and not by gold. If dollar crashes then bitcoin crashes as a currency. A new bitcoin will emerged and that is the bitcoin being controlled by the government. A new bitcoin under the rule of law which is more transparent and a legal tender.

are you very sure that bitcoin is at USD ..?? . As I see that the price of bitcoin is not dependent on USD, but rather the bitcoin stands alone and determine prices. Indeed this now many people are based on the price of USD, but not that the USD is the parent of the price factor bitcoin. And I am sure that bitcoin cannot be controlled by the Government, because the nature of anonymous and very transparent.

Of course it is not based in USD but most people look up to it. Reason for this is because a lot of people work abroad and compute the dollar to their local fiat currency conversion. Bitcoin is not dependent on USD since we can easily base the exchange of bitcoin on other fiat currencies like AUD, CAD, etc.

If USD starts to crash, I'm pretty sure a good amount of money will go to bitcoin investments because most countries that use USD mainly are aware of bitcoin's existence. In real life, if your country's currency is starting to go down, it will be much better to save your wealth in bitcoin form instead of hoping that your currency will revive.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:41:04 PM

If the US dollar crashes then there will be tremendous economic uncertainty and people will look for ways to avoid losing their savings, gold, silver, real state, commodities, bitcoin and other cryptos will be on demand so not only bitcoin price will go up because the dollar is crashing demand will go through the roof and you will be able to ask for almost anything in return.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

It seems to me that there is no reason to wait for the fact that the dollar will collapse. Yes, there are now some of the economic problems in the US, but they are not as important to talk about the crisis. Dollar steady
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

Depends what you men crash,price drop by 30% to what currency,not o long time ago dollar was 1.35 to euro,now 1.05,does euro crash,.If will be devaluation than newdollar will created imply zeros will be deletad
As long USA will exist dollar will exist.I hope euro will crash and no exist anymore

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ossidalm

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:53:53 AM

Depends what you men crash,price drop by 30% to what currency,not o long time ago dollar was 1.35 to euro,now 1.05,does euro crash,.If will be devaluation than newdollar will created imply zeros will be deletad
As long USA will exist dollar will exist.I hope euro will crash and no exist anymore

If the price drops 30% in two years, that is not a crash. If that happens in 5 days, that is crash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: