Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:18:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:39:17 PM

If you want me to believe that the bodies of water curve, form to the exterior of a shape and do not flow due to the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass (gravity) then I would like to see a demonstration of some sort to prove this.  If you want invoke the claim of gravity and for me to "believe" this over my practical experience then it must be demonstrated.  

Idiot #2 - I am curious at how you explain water bending everyday...  :/

I said bodies of water find their level.  What do you think happens when the water from the waterfall reaches the pool below?  Yup it finds it's level.  Show me a picture of the pool below the falls with a hump in the middle from the water supporting itself and then your onto something.  

This is called a false equivalence.  Your waterfall example vs the ocean is apples to oranges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:40:55 PM

You seem to be misunderstanding.  The claim was made we are on a sphere.  It's up to the "round earther", as you call them,  to prove that claim in a way which does not violate physics.  

I should not have to "believe" anything if we are talking the scientific method.  The claims should be repeatable, demonstrable and measurable.  

I cannot bend water, make it conform to the exterior of a shape or have a vacuum next to a pressurized system not equalize.  I cannot replicate any of these through experimentation.

Assuming the earth is round, there are currently no laws of physics that are broken. There hasn't really been any "broken" physics since the early 1800s. There have been improvements, but a lot of it, we've had figured out for a few thousand years. We are just getting more accurate with more precise measuring instruments and expanding theories. There are are currently small correction factors from theoretical fields and particles that may or may not exist, but there is no question that physics as it exists now works as we expect it to 100% of the time.

I'm not sure what you mean by, you cannot bend water? And you are correct, you cannot have a system with 101300 Pa of pressure right next to a system with 0 Pa of pressure. Think of what happens when a hatch opens up on a pressurized cabin of an airplane up in the sky where the pressure is lower. You can however have 101300 and 101299 Pa next to one another, and 101298 next to that 101299, and so on and so forth until you get reallllly high up in the sky where you have 1 Pa next to 2 Pa and eventually 0 Pa.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:42:52 PM

^^^ There's no vanishing point on a globe, the horizon is curvature. In reality the horizon is the result of convergence to a point on a plane. The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point, this is impossible on a globe. We're not on a globe the Earth is flat, it's measurably flat.

''There's no vanishing point on a globe'' Why not?

''The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point'' Who told you this? https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Sextant

There's no vanishing point on a globe because it's hidden behind curvature. Who told me how to measure angular size? Well certainly not the Jews at wikipedia, those wikihow instructions are just the basics and don't cover angular size. Measuring angular size is covered up, it's a conspiracy and there's no readily available source that will discuss measurement because it's impossible to measure on a globe. I've explained how angular size measurement works, you should kill yourself instead of insisting it's impossible.

Do you know what the vanishing point is? Can you define it for me please since I can't trust the jews at wikipedia? What I understand the vanishing point is not something physical. It's not a real point in space, 2 parallel lines never touch, just like in your example, the rails never touch, do they? So how are you measuring anything from the ''vanishing point'' if the vanishing point doesn't exist?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:48:15 PM

If you want me to believe that the bodies of water curve, form to the exterior of a shape and do not flow due to the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass (gravity) then I would like to see a demonstration of some sort to prove this.  If you want invoke the claim of gravity and for me to "believe" this over my practical experience then it must be demonstrated.  

I said bodies of water find their level.  What do you think happens when the water from the waterfall reaches the pool below?  Yup it finds it's level.  Show me a picture of the pool below the falls with a hump in the middle from the water supporting itself and then your onto something.  

This is called a false equivalence.  Your waterfall example vs the ocean is apples to oranges.

How do you think it finds ''its level'' dummy? Besides how did you come up with the rule ''water always finds it's level''? Have you done experiments on this? What is the definition of level? Water’s level is dependent on the shape of Earth’s gravitational field.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:51:28 PM

You may want to head next door to the religion discussion if you want to talk about beliefs.  I don't give a fuck what you believe in.  I give a fuck about what you can practically demonstrate.  

If you cannot practically demonstrate what you're claiming to me then your simply talking your religion.

What kind of practical demonstration do you need for gravity? Have you tried stepping off a roof of a tall building? That usually settles the issue.

Can you prove to me that me falling off the building was a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass and not something else?  

You don't need to go that far. You don't even need to call it "gravity" if you have some religious objection to the word. Are you at least willing to admit that there is a force that makes things move towards Earth? Let's call it "Joe falling off a tall building experiment force", or j-force for short. Now if hypothetically speaking the Earth was ball-shaped, or penis-shaped, or whatever - what would the j-force do to large bodies of water?

Things more dense than the air fall and things less dense than the air rise.  That's what I observe.  That's the how things fall.  I think we all get that one.  The big question is why do things fall?

Saying that it is a curvature of spacetime causing things to fall (gravity) it is where I have the issue and would like to see proof.  Why does the curvature of spacetime not effect the helium balloon?  How were you able to witness and experiment with curvature in spacetime?  Did you do an experiment where you were able to harness spacetime and prove this to yourself or did you believe what you were told?  
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:57:57 PM

How do you think it finds ''its level'' dummy? Besides how did you come up with the rule ''water always finds it's level''? Have you done experiments on this? What is the definition of level? Water’s level is dependent on the shape of Earth’s gravitational field.

You don't think water finds it's level?   

All bodies of water that I see and deal with on a daily basis find their level.  A cup of water, toilet water, bathtub.  Everywhere around me water is level.  Where is this bendy water you speak of? 

I have no idea how it finds its level.   If your going to invoke gravity show us how you were able to curve space time to level the water in your experiment. 

Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:58:46 PM

You may want to head next door to the religion discussion if you want to talk about beliefs.  I don't give a fuck what you believe in.  I give a fuck about what you can practically demonstrate.  

If you cannot practically demonstrate what you're claiming to me then your simply talking your religion.

What kind of practical demonstration do you need for gravity? Have you tried stepping off a roof of a tall building? That usually settles the issue.

Can you prove to me that me falling off the building was a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass and not something else?  

You don't need to go that far. You don't even need to call it "gravity" if you have some religious objection to the word. Are you at least willing to admit that there is a force that makes things move towards Earth? Let's call it "Joe falling off a tall building experiment force", or j-force for short. Now if hypothetically speaking the Earth was ball-shaped, or penis-shaped, or whatever - what would the j-force do to large bodies of water?

Things more dense than the air fall and things less dense than the air rise.  That's what I observe.  That's the how things fall.  I think we all get that one.  The big question is why do things fall?

Saying that it is a curvature of spacetime causing things to fall (gravity) it is where I have the issue and would like to see proof.  Why does the curvature of spacetime not effect the helium balloon?  How were you able to witness and experiment with curvature in spacetime?  Did you do an experiment where you were able to harness spacetime and prove this to yourself or did you believe what you were told?  

No dummy, density cannot exist without gravity, please go study.

''You don't think water finds it's level?'' YOU DID NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, STOP BEING A DISHONEST LIAR. What does level mean? Which level does it find and how does it do it if it's not gravity.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:06:01 PM

As I've said before, I don't dislike your motivation, but I feel you are mixing the desire to find a flaw and what we currently hold true, and to learn for yourself. Have you taken any physics classes in the past? Its not a matter of listening to what you are told and applying formulas, its about learning the means of natural phenomena happening, and making sure it coincides with your understanding. After every single lecture, it all needs to make physical sense. And you build on material. Skipping from, what is gravity, to the neorelativistic model is jumping ahead 1000 steps, and a great way to cause misunderstandings. If you are still trying to rationalize whether these things make sense or not, start with the simple version before adding in additional detail. Gravity, Elves, Density, whatever you want to call it will always work the way we expect it to. We can represent it with equations, it doesn't matter whether the equation is solving for gravity, density, or elves. The point is that it exists and is observable. Humans have yet to find a situation where it doesn't apply the way we expect it to.

So far, I've only been using Newtonian physics, because its 99.99% accurate, without the 6 years of formal education you need to understand the most basic concepts of time. Fourth dimensional analysis is not fun and not observable. It requires you to restrict your bounds and use math operations to confine it back into 3 space.

Water "finding level" is an analysis of potential energy and fluid dynamics. "Level" is an arbitrary gravitational level point. After reading a lot of these posts, I think a major concern is people keeping their reference points consistent.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

^^^ There's no vanishing point on a globe, the horizon is curvature. In reality the horizon is the result of convergence to a point on a plane. The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point, this is impossible on a globe. We're not on a globe the Earth is flat, it's measurably flat.

''The sextant measures angular size from the vanishing point'' Who told you this? https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Sextant

There's no vanishing point on a globe because it's hidden behind curvature. Who told me how to measure angular size? Well certainly not the Jews at wikipedia, those wikihow instructions are just the basics and don't cover angular size. Measuring angular size is covered up, it's a conspiracy (Jews control all information with few exceptions) and there's no readily available source that will discuss measurement because it's impossible to measure on a globe. I've explained how angular size measurement works, you should kill yourself instead of insisting it's impossible.

Do you know what the vanishing point is? Can you define it for me please since I can't trust the jews at wikipedia? What I understand the vanishing point is not something physical. It's not a real point in space, 2 parallel lines never touch, just like in your example, the rails never touch, do they? So how are you measuring anything from the ''vanishing point'' if the vanishing point doesn't exist?

The explanation for this is complex, short answer it's an emergent visual object. The Jews will tell you all about perspective on a plane and the vanishing point, but only within an artistic context, and only in an advanced art class. If you don't want to pay the Jew school there's some resources online, look up perspective and drawing and you'll find some information that can also be applied physically.

Hitler spoke about the Jews and art in his famous book, you could also look that up too.
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:10:46 PM

There's no vanishing point on a globe because it's hidden behind curvature. Who told me how to measure angular size? Well certainly not the Jews at wikipedia, those wikihow instructions are just the basics and don't cover angular size. Measuring angular size is covered up, it's a conspiracy (Jews control all information with few exceptions) and there's no readily available source that will discuss measurement because it's impossible to measure on a globe. I've explained how angular size measurement works, you should kill yourself instead of insisting it's impossible.

The explanation for this is complex, short answer it's an emergent visual object. The Jews will tell you all about perspective on a plane and the vanishing point, but only within an artistic context, and only in an advanced art class. If you don't want to pay the Jew school there's some resources online, look up perspective and drawing and you'll find some information that can also be applied physically.

Hitler spoke about the Jews and art in his famous book, you could also look that up too.

So what is it? You didn't answer at all, how do you calculate where the vanishing point is and how do you use that to measure angular diameter with a sextant? You lying?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:12:40 PM

''You don't think water finds it's level?'' YOU DID NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, STOP BEING A DISHONEST LIAR. What does level mean? Which level does it find and how does it do it if it's not gravity.

Triggered?  

If you don't know what level is you're a dumb fuck.  Not sure what else to say.  www.google.com may help you.

Also notice that you have no fucking clue how to prove it is gravity causing these actions we see on earth.  You can rant and rave all you want about gravity causing it but you cannot show a practical demonstration of gravity actually causing these actions to take place.  All you can do is shout in all caps.  Sit back down my little bitch and keep believing what other men tell you.

Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

Triggered?  

If you don't know what level is you're a dumb fuck.  Not sure what else to say.  www.google.com may help you.

Also notice that you have no fucking clue how to prove it is gravity causing these actions we see on earth.  You can rant and rave all you want about gravity causing it but you cannot show a practical demonstration of gravity actually causing these actions to take place.  All you can do is shout in all caps.  Sit back down my little bitch and keep believing what other men tell you.

''a practical demonstration of gravity'' Rockets in space but then again you don't believe in space or rockets so it is kind of hard to provide a practical demonstration for you. Can you prove it's density? Because gravity has been accepted for many years now, you are the one challenging the fact that gravity exists.

''If you don't know what level is'' You clearly lack scientific knowledge and the only thing you can do is be a parrot or rather an NPC parroting the same thing over and over again, WATER FINDS ITS LEVEL HEHEHE.

''not effect the helium balloon'' It's affect btw, and it's fairly simple, I mean do you actually not know why or are you trolling?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

-Snip-

It works the other way around, you need to prove that gravity doesn't exist. We operate under the assumption that it exists until otherwise proven, not the other way around. If we assume that gravity doesn't exist and there is no other theory to fill its place in the meantime, the most basic of things on earth stop working. Without gravity, there is no friction, how electricity works changes, the concepts of energy change, as well as a billion other factors that you can imagine for yourself.

Not everything has a practical demonstration. Some things are limited by your knowledge, some by funds, others by time. I don't refuse to believe that airplanes fly because I can't fly my own airplane to see how it responds. I can observe airplanes flying, and listen to someone explain why it is. A child can understand that a plane flies, even if they haven't had vector calculus to understand why that is. If their explanation makes sense, I believe it. If there are any cases where what they said isn't true, then I don't believe it, unless there is a good reason for that. Without what other men tell us, we wouldn't know how to do basic math, how to dress ourselves, or start a fire. There isn't something inherently bad about listening to others. "History" is how humanity evolves. We wouldn't get very far if no one thought to tell others how to make a fire, and we had to wait for someone to figure it out in every generation.

You need to come up with a unified theory of how everything else continues working using your theory that gravity doesn't exist, and that density is what matters if you want to make your case. Keep in mind that you can't use evidence to support your case, if your theory throws out the basis for that evidence.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:35:16 PM

So what is it? You didn't answer at all, how do you calculate where the vanishing point is and how do you use that to measure angular diameter with a sextant? You lying?

The vanishing point isn't calculated, it's observed; the horizon line goes in one of two mirrors when making angular size measurements. You asked for information and when I explained where to find a more detailed explanation than just "an emergent visual object" you imply I'm a liar? Go off yourself.

"...density cannot exist without gravity..."

So a dense mass causes gravity and gravity causes a dense mass? Globe logic at its finest, nothing works quite like using an unproven theory in conjunction with circular logic to prove your point.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:44:14 PM

You don't even need to get into "why" to understand how water "curves" around the Earth. You just need to know that things fall towards the Earth, whatever force is causing that.

All bodies of water that I see and deal with on a daily basis find their level.  A cup of water, toilet water, bathtub.  Everywhere around me water is level.  Where is this bendy water you speak of? 

How did you measure the "levelness" of water in your bathtub? Is your method accurate enough to detect the curvature of the Earth? Or do you perhaps have a bathtub or another body of water that is sufficiently large, e.g. a few miles across?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:55:03 PM

Hey idiot #2, check out all this curved water at rest.     Wink

The water in your bathtub curves, you just can't see it.  The same way you can't see a hurricane.  Perspective, fool.

Cool

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:05:34 PM

Triggered?  

''a practical demonstration of gravity'' Rockets in space but then again you don't believe in space or rockets so it is kind of hard to provide a practical demonstration for you. Can you prove it's density? Because gravity has been accepted for many years now, you are the one challenging the fact that gravity exists.

''If you don't know what level is'' You clearly lack scientific knowledge and the only thing you can do is be a parrot or rather an NPC parroting the same thing over and over again, WATER FINDS ITS LEVEL HEHEHE.

''not effect the helium balloon'' It's affect btw, and it's fairly simple, I mean do you actually not know why or are you trolling?

I'm simply asking you to prove it's gravity causing these actions we see on earth.  You're making the claim that we are dumb if we do not know these things so I assume you have done the experiments yourself and have seen this first hand.  What was your experiment?  How did you measure it?  How did you know it was gravity and nothing else causing these actions we see on earth?   How were you able to eliminate all other possible causes?  It seems like an amazing feat you have accomplished to be able to actually prove gravity via experimentation.  I for one would love to see it.

joerogers8

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:06:14 PM

Hey idiot #2, check out all this curved water at rest.     Wink

The water in your bathtub curves, you just can't see it.  The same way you can't see a hurricane.  Perspective, fool.

Cool

Let me guess.  A real photograph?
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:06:49 PM

The vanishing point isn't calculated, it's observed; the horizon line goes in one of two mirrors when making angular size measurements. You asked for information and when I explained where to find a more detailed explanation than just "an emergent visual object" you imply I'm a liar? Go off yourself.

"...density cannot exist without gravity..."

So a dense mass causes gravity and gravity causes a dense mass? Globe logic at its finest, nothing works quite like using an unproven theory in conjunction with circular logic to prove your point.

What is a horizon line exactly? And how do you calculate it to use it with the sextant?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:08:19 PM

Triggered?  

I'm simply asking you to prove it's gravity causing these actions we see on earth.  You're making the claim that we are dumb if we do not know these things so I assume you have done the experiments yourself and have seen this first hand.  What was your experiment?  How did you measure it?  How did you know it was gravity and nothing else causing these actions we see on earth?   How were you able to eliminate all other possible causes?  It seems like an amazing feat you have accomplished to be able to actually prove gravity via experimentation.  I for one would love to see it.

''How were you able to eliminate all other possible causes'' Because of outer space and the same phenomena observed out there, rockets still experience gravity when they are out there, we can calculate the gravity of the different planets based on a formula that works, that's how we know gravity is more than just ''DENSITY HURR DURR''

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Pages: « 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: