Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 07:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 102980 times)
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:11:24 PM

Is betting still open?  If I can get the bet on my terms, I'm in I guess.

5btc
19j1Gum75LdYJ4ChHa919aWG1UMEcS8LGR
My bet is that pirate will default. Defaulting means not paying out 100% to all investors (including interest). Partial payment (regardless of any agreement by pirate) counts as a lost bet by Matt.

Those aren't your terms they are Matts'.  He knows it's all or nothing.  So I think you are good.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oinsane1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:14:04 PM

i am still interested in helping you to get to 10,000 btc.. contact me when you get back b4 you close wager thread.. i have figured out how to verify account satisfactorily i think and make our discussed wager
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:18:07 PM

Whatever happens this is going to be a turning point for the forums.

Disagree. EPIC FAIL full of lulz is fairly standard course for this forum.

Not this epic usually. This will pick #1 in the FAIL list, relegating Bitcoinica's fiasco to #2 (pending consequences to the people involved). That was a turning point and so will be this.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:26:40 PM

Those aren't your terms they are Matts'.  He knows it's all or nothing.  So I think you are good.

I'm not convinced of that..he already said otherwise on page 2 of this thread. Just want to cover my bases, you know?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:27:13 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 11:44:58 PM by Matthew N. Wright

13gXf8aMSyd1NPBXK2oR7CJk3j8w8xmzVc
250 BTC

Upping my bet from earlier from 100 BTC to 250BTC total

Acknowledged.

1BoXaDDqwJMCPP3B4dbVeJNPwD3XV16233
5btc

I am completely confused about all of this, but hell, I want to be in on the action. Thanks for making the forums that much more exciting Matthew.

Acknowledged.

10BTC
12QwJRirBBdYqc5WWjyCvUuiHmJMLSrHxv

Acknowledged.

I thought I had already posted this, but can I bump up my bet to 250 please?

Acknowledged.

Is betting still open?  If I can get the bet on my terms, I'm in I guess.

5btc
19j1Gum75LdYJ4ChHa919aWG1UMEcS8LGR
My bet is that pirate will default. Defaulting means not paying out 100% to all investors (including interest). Partial payment (regardless of any agreement by pirate) counts as a lost bet by Matt.

Acknowledged.

(Sorry about the delay, I had been awake for about 48 hours and passed out.)

I was messaged on IRC and notified that pirate has begun paying some individuals. This is somewhat reassuring and I will hold off on locking the thread to see how things develop.

bitcoiners

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:33:14 PM

dup.

Good to see you acknowledge this is all or nothing with evolve's bet.  Smiley

Good luck Matt.

Cheers!
AsymmetricInformation

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 11:54:49 PM

Consider this: if it turns out that Matt is colluding with pirate would being labelled a scammer by these guys actually hold any weight?  
Matt's bet is predicated on his reputation in the bitcoin community.

And consider this: do all the bettors here value their rep more than their bets?

Theoretically it could be all a matrix of scams and bluffs. Maybe what we call reality is just that.

Twist ending: MNW IS pirate!

Support Decentralized Bitcoin Prediction Markets: 1M5tVTtynuqiS7Goq8hbh5UBcxLaa5XQb8
https://github.com/psztorc/Truthcoin
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:57:14 PM

Something fishy is going on here. I've been following speculations on Pirate's operation for some time, and I can't recall MNW participating in any of them, and now he's coming out of nowhere with massive bet for sole purpose of teaching people a lesson. He denies insider knowledge, and insist that he knows as much or little as you do. You don't risk $100,000 to teach lessons if you have very good chance of losing it (BTW Matt, who taught you a lesson when you accused Coinhumper for being Bitscalper?). MNW is not a millionaire to blow $100k for eccentric fun, in fact he was asking this community few months back for a $25k loan to secure accommodation in Korea. He also refuses to do escrow for his bet or move 10k in the blockchain for proof, possibly because he does not have the money or/and is very sure of winning it.

Pirate dropped this:

[2012-08-17 16:18:55] <ErebusBat> pirateat40 does that mean we won't get the tell all we all want for some time ?
[2012-08-17 16:19:50] <pirateat40> ErebusBat, I've signed a contact to do a tell all with a company.  I'm sure you'll see it it soon enough.

There is only one company at this point that could be interested in this tale, Bitcoin Magazine. Very good move for them in fact, it'll increase readership significantly, at lest for that one issue. Either Matt has full story and knows how is it going to end so this bet is easy 10k BTC win for him, or he's been played by Pirate to push his plan further, Pirate won't pay and Matt is going to lose his coins or face.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:59:39 PM

Something fishy is going on here. I've been following speculations on Pirate's operation for some time, and I can't recall MNW participating in any of them, and now he's coming out of nowhere with massive bet for sole purpose of teaching people a lesson. He denies insider knowledge, and insist that he knows as much or little as you do. You don't risk $100,000 to teach lessons if you have very good chance of losing it (BTW Matt, who taught you a lesson when you accused Coinhumper for being Bitscalper?). MNW is not a millionaire to blow $100k for eccentric fun, in fact he was asking this community few months back for a $25k loan to secure accommodation in Korea. He also refuses to do escrow for his bet or move 10k in the blockchain for proof, possibly because he does not have the money or/and is very sure of winning it.

Pirate dropped this:

[2012-08-17 16:18:55] <ErebusBat> pirateat40 does that mean we won't get the tell all we all want for some time ?
[2012-08-17 16:19:50] <pirateat40> ErebusBat, I've signed a contact to do a tell all with a company.  I'm sure you'll see it it soon enough.

There is only one company at this point that could be interested in this tale, Bitcoin Magazine. Very good move for them in fact, it'll increase readership significantly, at lest for that one issue. Either Matt has full story and knows how is it going to end so this bet is easy 10k BTC win for him, or he's been played by Pirate to push his plan further, Pirate won't pay and Matt is going to lose his coins or face.

And what happens if people pirate the magazine? http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
bitcoiners

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:09:02 AM

So, this would be fraud by the magazine, matt, and the people "in the know".  If what you suggest is the true.  This wont end well either way.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

So, this would be fraud by the magazine, matt, and the people "in the know".  If what you suggest is the true.  This wont end well either way.

This kind of risk has to be factored in, but 10K BTC or whatever Bitcoin Magazine can pay Pirate makes very little difference considering the astronomical figures Pirate owes. Maybe someone has a decent estimate, but it's several hundred thousands and 10, 20 or 30K would be a small % of that. Or do you honestly think anyone values this potential article for millions of dollars?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:20:11 AM

This kind of risk has to be factored in, but 10K BTC or whatever Bitcoin Magazine can pay Pirate makes very little difference considering the astronomical figures Pirate owes. Maybe someone has a decent estimate, but it's several hundred thousands and 10, 20 or 30K would be a small % of that. Or do you honestly think anyone values this potential article for millions of dollars?

Fact: Bitcoin Magazine has nothing to do with this private wager between me and the general public.

Fact: This is not a publicity scheme thought up by Bitcoin Magazine. In fact, many individuals in Bitcoin Magazine are reportedly pissed I even did this.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:29:51 AM

Not this epic usually. This will pick #1 in the FAIL list, relegating Bitcoinica's fiasco to #2 (pending consequences to the people involved). That was a turning point and so will be this.

You forgot MyBitcoin, and MtGox crash and rollback.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:32:37 AM

You forgot MyBitcoin, and MtGox crash and rollback.

That's prehistory in Bitcoin terms. The vast majority of the forum today wasn't around when MtGox crashed. MyBitcoin wasn't all that.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:39:55 AM

Fact: Bitcoin Magazine has nothing to do with this private wager between me and the general public.

Fact: This is not a publicity scheme thought up by Bitcoin Magazine. In fact, many individuals in Bitcoin Magazine are reportedly pissed I even did this.

Remember pirate said he has a deal with a company to publish his story after he winds down his operation ?
I think pirate giving bitcoin magazine exclusive rights to the story and 10 000 btc is a marketing campaign.
Whatever it is its entertaining to watch  Smiley

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:42:21 AM

Remember pirate said he has a deal with a company to publish his story after he winds down his operation ?
I think pirate giving bitcoin magazine exclusive rights to the story and 10 000 btc is a marketing campaign.
Whatever it is its entertaining to watch  Smiley

I asked him for an interview on IRC:

Code:
[23:55] <_matthew_> I wanted to do an interview with you for the Bitcoin Magazine once you've wound things down and can find the time for it. How do you feel about that?
[01:09] <pirateat40> I'm under contract to do a tell-all, so i can't do that anytime soon.

Keep those conspiracy theories coming!

bitcoiners

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:47:26 AM

I asked him for an interview on IRC:

Code:
[23:55] <_matthew_> I wanted to do an interview with you for the Bitcoin Magazine once you've wound things down and can find the time for it. How do you feel about that?
[01:09] <pirateat40> I'm under contract to do a tell-all, so i can't do that anytime soon.

Keep those conspiracy theories coming!

Then I only have one question to ask.  Why are you blowing 10k of your coin when you know pirate isn't paying out 100%?

That's my only question.

Otherwise my bet stands.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:48:17 AM

Then I only have one question to ask.  Why are you blowing 10k of your coin when you know pirate isn't paying out 100%?

Loaded words detected.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 12:52:12 AM

If this is true then I respect you for it. As long as you pay up at the end of course  Smiley

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:52:54 AM

If this is true then I respect you for it. As long as you pay up at the end of course  Smiley

My life is bitcoin. This is sewious.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: