Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 102981 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 03:26:14 AM

Bump me up to 200 BTC.
No comment.

Acknowledged.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:05:21 AM

1000BTC
17MNJtKX4m6JSP4EgGYJzzXfVfNgrhXZN6
As discussed with Matthew by pm.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:05:47 AM

1000BTC
17MNJtKX4m6JSP4EgGYJzzXfVfNgrhXZN6
As discussed with Matthew by pm.

Accepted.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:07:44 AM

I need to leave in 1 hour. I hope someone comes by with the last bet or increase of their bet for 70.7388554300014 BTC exactly so we can end this as I wil need to drive down south to pick up my girlfriend and I may take the entire day to get back.  Undecided

Peter Todd
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1149

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:08:49 AM

25BTC
3CK4fEwbMP7heJarmU4eqA3sMbVJyEnU3V
Get you a little closer to leaving.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:09:37 AM

25BTC
Get you a little closer to leaving.

Accepted (lol)

nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:10:09 AM

I can risk another 45.

increase from 250 to

1EzdZBu6DJUqScXFbRYbTXPqTcXNAUKAxc

Cheers.  Good luck to all of us.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:10:30 AM

I can risk another 45.

increase from 250 to

1EzdZBu6DJUqScXFbRYbTXPqTcXNAUKAxc

Cheers.  Good luck to all of us.

Accepted.

Peter Todd
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:12:13 AM

I'll take the remaining 5BTC and change; sure you wanna get out of here.

Total bet of 30BTC

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:12:33 AM

1Ht7dWv3Hyp6NZaYM7arbis2rCDpBBhwET
lets end this

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:12:53 AM

Total bet of 30BTC

Declined. Thank you so much for the gesture but the following individual had posted on IRC and I agreed just moments before. Sorry!

Accepted (previously discussed on IRC)

Peter Todd
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:13:53 AM

Total bet of 30BTC

Declined. Thank you so much for the gesture but the following individual had posted on IRC and I agreed just moments before. Sorry!

Accepted (previously discussed on IRC)

No worries, get outta here!

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:22:03 AM

Thank you everyone for showing a huge amount of integrity to bet for your beliefs instead of just arguing, defaming, accusing, aggravating, etc. Many of you truly believe Pirate is a ponzi, many of you are simply utilizing my offer for hedging, and still others are simply happy to take a 50/50 chance bet on anything. Regardless, we are at the 10,000BTC mark and thus I am locking the thread so that no more bets can be received here.

I still believe there is a very high chance that Pirate is just doing a business which we don't understand, and my sinking gut, although questioning his lack of professionalism, lateness, etc, reminds me that no one is perfect and it may all just be a series of bad coincidences. I hope I am right and that I am able to prove to the community once and for all that what we don't understand is not always a scam. If I happen to be wrong, I'm happy to have enjoyed this entertaining time with everyone, and I've actually made quite a lot of new friends (as you can imagine).

The original OP states that the bet ends 3 weeks after August 19, 2012, 04:49:20 PM, so that means it ends on September 9th, 2012, 04:49:20 PM KST (Korean Standard Time, local to me). I think I had mentioned a slightly longer deadline elsewhere on IRC out of confusion (September 12th perhaps?), but this is incorrect as you can clearly see. The bet will also end if Pirate has provided proof of paying back all (not 99.9%) of his obligated debts and interests per agreements, whichever comes first.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating in this monumental lesson for all of us.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:49:47 PM

Thanks to everyone who participated in this bet. It was a great social experiment for me to find out who my true friends were, and also to entertain the community (which is my true purpose on these forums and always will be). Unfortunately, it looks like I lost the bet. This means I'll need to pay out exactly as described in my original thread OP.

Many of the people betting were very careful to point out that others were ignorant and foolish to invest their money into Pirate without doing due diligence beforehand, so far as to call them shills, suckers, etc. This leads me to believe that the individuals betting in my bet are very wise with their money and would only bet if they carefully read and understood the rules of the bet. For this reason, I am confident that the very wise individuals betting in this thread will be satisfied with the very literal interpretation of my thread.

I will begin paying for my losses as outlined in the following rule:

If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address (13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM). If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

I'll begin processing the payouts for each of the 112 betters in this spreadsheet immediately: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajtx05YrHtIydFVHcGxLOExTbnhqajJLZmlSZUNtM3c&pli=1#gid=0

Please make sure to following along for your own record keeping purposes. I will update this thread with each payment as well. Thanks again!

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:52:12 PM

Nice try. Time for a scammer tag.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:54:57 PM

Don't think pirate will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Pirate is a scam/ponzi, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 250+ post users will be allowed to participate, unless they participate through an escrow who will hold their coins. This is up to them to find the escrow although many posters in this thread have agreed to act as such.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum default bet for normal users is currently 1000BTC per person. If you would like to wager more, please PM so that I may do a more extensive verification of identity and holdings. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Although I think pirate is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of transparency on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM

Thank you and good luck!

I reserve the right to lock this thread and stop accepting additional bets at any time. All existing bets in the thread will still be honored regardless.

quoted

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jcpham

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:55:45 PM

Don't think pirate will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Pirate is a scam/ponzi, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 250+ post users will be allowed to participate, unless they participate through an escrow who will hold their coins. This is up to them to find the escrow although many posters in this thread have agreed to act as such.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum default bet for normal users is currently 1000BTC per person. If you would like to wager more, please PM so that I may do a more extensive verification of identity and holdings. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Although I think pirate is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of transparency on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM

Thank you and good luck!

I reserve the right to lock this thread and stop accepting additional bets at any time. All existing bets in the thread will still be honored regardless.

quoted

Comedy goldmine of hilarity.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:58:20 PM

Nice one mugu !

Will there be an article about this "prank" in the magazine ?

Fools and their money ... if somebody had 80K BTC they would be not handing it out here for free.

Matthew, how about asking somebody like organofcorti to calculate the wasted hours with which you trolled the community with this "bet" and could have done something productive with ?

I would be interested but make sure to include both your time and the bettors' time that was wasted ...
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:59:38 PM

[insult]IDIOT[/insult]

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:59:49 PM

Thanks to everyone who participated in this bet. It was a great social experiment for me to find out who my true friends were, and also to entertain the community (which is my true purpose on these forums and always will be). Unfortunately, it looks like I lost the bet. This means I'll need to pay out exactly as described in my original thread OP.

Many of the people betting were very careful to point out that others were ignorant and foolish to invest their money into Pirate without doing due diligence beforehand, so far as to call them shills, suckers, etc. This leads me to believe that the individuals betting in my bet are very wise with their money and would only bet if they carefully read and understood the rules of the bet. For this reason, I am confident that the very wise individuals betting in this thread will be satisfied with the very literal interpretation of my thread.

I will begin paying for my losses as outlined in the following rule:

If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address (13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM). If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

I'll begin processing the payouts for each of the 112 betters in this spreadsheet immediately: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajtx05YrHtIydFVHcGxLOExTbnhqajJLZmlSZUNtM3c&pli=1#gid=0

Please make sure to following along for your own record keeping purposes. I will update this thread with each payment as well. Thanks again!

Mathew,
The rule was "Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread. "

What you quote is part of the example you gave.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: