Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:00:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 102981 times)
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:33:07 AM

Oh man, it's a real pitty that Matthew becomes a scammer.

He was a pretty cool guy before all these bets.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:33:38 AM

Good. Im glad to see MNW's "lesson" ends up teaching someone at least.

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:17:19 AM

And to think, I was gonna go look for the bitcoin magazine at Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Bitcoin Magazine published a statement yesterday regarding Matthew's resignation:

The Board of Directors of Bittalk Media Ltd., publisher of Bitcoin Magazine, has accepted resignation of Matthew N. Wright from the position of Director of Bittalk Media Ltd and from the position of Editor In Chief of Bitcoin Magazine effective immediately.

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/announcement/

Well so much for the youtube video of boos, hisses and tomatoes in london that I was waiting to watch. I guess it's time to forget about this show. It's over.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 11:43:24 AM

I was wondering all day "what is that bet everyone is talking about?" Is it this one? I am giving 100% ROI to anyone who honestly thought this wasn't a joke. 1GLuTrFW6Bzu54ej6nkoxRA8esHBUHmXPY

Disclaimer: This is a joke, don't send me any money...
robbonz

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:09:23 PM

Really this bitcoin experiment is showing us that we need some sort of system where by we pay 20% to the government for services like policing etc and a small percentage to the banks for handling transactions so we dont get scammed.

Brilliant
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:26:01 PM

He didn't take anyone's money..... He played a bad prank and lost a lot of respect.....

He took advantage of his "bet" to dump his Pirate's debt while pumping up the price. So it's a double scam.

How so?  No money changed hands as a result of MNW's bet, (other than the example 20BTC) so technically he hasn't stolen anything from anyone... UNLIKE the multiple ponzi schemes and fake exchange hacks.  If MNW didn't actually take anyone's BTC up front, how did he "dump his Pirate's debt"?

Because with his "bet" he slowed the rate of decrease of the price of (phucked) Pirate's debt, just enough for him to sell the amount he owned with minimum loss for him and maximum loss for who took his words as serious. Clear enough? It's called "pump and dump".

+1
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:05:40 PM

I'm trying to learn about Bitcoin.

Can someone please recommend to me an online forum where adults discuss this currency in a rational, polite manner without the silliness exhibited here?

Your time is valuable.  Thank you.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:08:35 PM

Can someone please recommend to me an online forum where adults discuss this currency in a rational, polite manner without the silliness exhibited here?

Any place but the 'Gambling' subforum would be a good place to start...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:12:44 PM

Based on his own technicality, didn't he scam himself? Since his statement says, if I lose I'll send 20 BTC to that address in the example, doesn't he still have to send the BTC to himself?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:15:28 PM

Based on his own technicality, didn't he scam himself? Since his statement says, if I lose I'll send 20 BTC to that address in the example, doesn't he still have to send the BTC to himself?

That's what he did.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:16:25 PM

That's what he did.

Where are the transaction IDs for the multi thousand BTC sends?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:25:42 PM

That's what he did.

Where are the transaction IDs for the multi thousand BTC sends?

Which ones? He sent 20 BTC to that adress, which was his.

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:45:41 PM

Hey heres another technicality. Hear me out.

The title is that hes giving 100% ROI AWAY to ANYONE who thinks pirate is a fraud.

So, first we have AWAY.

Meaning, to be separate or not with Matthew. So, by sending money to his OWN address, the bitcoins are still with him, and not AWAY.

Secondly, we have ANYONE. Meaning, any person including people who aren't matthew.

So by sending money to himself, he breaks these technicalities. So hes scamming himself. Matthew, I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

hi
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:50:55 PM

He was a pretty cool guy before all these bets.

No, not really.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:54:43 PM

The title is that hes giving 100% ROI AWAY to ANYONE who thinks pirate is a fraud.

So, first we have AWAY.

Meaning, to be separate or not with Matthew. So, by sending money to his OWN address, the bitcoins are still with him, and not AWAY.

Secondly, we have ANYONE. Meaning, any person including people who aren't matthew.

So by sending money to himself, he breaks these technicalities. So hes scamming himself. Matthew, I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

+1

before you act ask always a lawyer... Cheesy

deadserious

Activity: 121
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:07:32 AM

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:48:57 PM

So, first we have AWAY.

I wouldn't drop to his level. The case is clear to anyone without resorting to his own flawed logic.

Argue with an idiot and he beats you at being a jerk.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:46:57 PM

So, first we have AWAY.

I wouldn't drop to his level. The case is clear to anyone without resorting to his own flawed logic.

Argue with an idiot and he beats you at being a jerk.

If it wasnt clear thats a joke, im just using idiot logic Tongue

hi
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:00:20 PM

Thankfully, I escrowed my 40btc bet and have actually received the 80btc from escrow.  

Thanks Matt   Smiley

The fact that he allowed escrow early on makes me think he intended to make it a real bet until it was clear he was going to lose hehe

I guess he intended to set up a heads I win, tails you lose scenario. Hence the limited use of escrow. The fact that he did some escrow (I'm presuming its true) makes me think he intended to win and get btc or scammer tags galore doled out.

He offered to escrow my bet (with a 3rd party, of course) I foolishly trusted him. This is also one of the reasons I believe that the initial bet was authentic. He thought that he was going to win...

Ditto. Sad face. I should have followed through with the escrow, but I was lazy and didn't know who I could trust to esrow it with.

Sad face. Oh well. What a lowlife. I'm hoping karma usually takes care of these guys.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 07:39:39 PM

Sad face. Oh well. What a lowlife. I'm hoping karma usually takes care of these guys.

I'm guessing karma is kinda what happened to him here. Though I'm a tad worried he may have took on a bit of pirateat40's karma, too. I hope pirateat40 gets some of that karma thing too.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: