Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🆗[ANN]Okcash[OK] ✅OK v8 OK Heroes ✅Trust Wallet ✅8 networks ✅multi-chain ✅web3  (Read 458012 times)
MagicStyle

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:48:53 AM

For the contest

Cryptocurrency World

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:55:14 AM

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:10:18 PM

OKCash ROKOS v2 wallpaper contest Results

1st Place (10,000 OK): *We will make some mods to add Pi and Supported OS systems logos. But this is the one that made it to the 1st Place and will become the v2 official wallpaper, amazing.

img: https://i.imgur.com/EFxcfWM.jpg

winner: bigpratz

2nd Place (2,000 OK): *We like this one because it evokes the cross collaboration support essence, might get added as secondary theme.

img: https://i.imgur.com/QlhA26a.jpg

winner: magicstyle

3rd Place (1,000 OK): *We liked this one for 3rd place, it seems to be shaped on to a mobile device, and since we are working on the android wallets in the near future, we liked the mobile or tablet like look.

img: https://i.imgur.com/mF69ElJ.jpg

winner: bit1

Winners please send me your OKCash address in a PM to claim your Rewards. Congratulations!

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:43:00 PM

Awesome!

Message sent to You.

Thank you
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:03:11 PM

Awesome!

Message sent to You.

Thank you

Sent your 1,000 OK contest reward to the provided address. Congratulations!

MagicStyle

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:11:27 AM

You can send the reward to my Sig!
Thanks!
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:44:26 AM

You can send the reward to my Sig!
Thanks!

Sent you 2,000 OK reward. Congratulations!

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:46:45 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 07:36:33 PM by OKtoshi

Redesigned OK Reddit and Giveaway
(Subscribe to get latest news and Giveaways)

Normal Mode
http://www.reddit.com/r/OKcash/

or Dark mode

fadingin

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:38:04 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 06:08:41 PM by fadingin

Complete n00b here, new to OKCash and crypto in general, so hoping to get some help from someone patient who remembers what it's like to feel like a dumbass too. Wink

-If I understand correctly, you have to leave this wallet open on your computer to stake (earn). What exactly is it connected to, and do these connections make it/me more susceptible to being hacked or the contents of my wallet compromised? Is that why I should encrypt my wallet?

-If I want to back up the wallet, it prompts me to save a .dat file. I'm assuming that's in case my computer goes belly up and I lose my hard drive. How would I restore and point the new wallet install to that old .dat file if that happens?

-How long does it take for coins to be considered "mature" and start earning?

-Speaking of backing up the wallet, should you only back it up and keep the latest copy, or can you back it up again and again at different points in time? I guess I'm wondering if it's like a snapshot or not. For example, let's say starting in January I add 100 OKCash to my wallet every month, and back up my wallet to a new .dat file every month too. I lose my hard drive in month six when I have 600 OKCash. If I restore an older .dat file (say, from March when I had only 300 OKCash), will my wallet only restore that amount, or will it still restore the full amount (600 OKCash) once my new wallet syncs with the network? My assumption is the .dat file is mainly configuration and authentication, but the full amount would be restored once the network sync is correct, but that's just a guess.

Edit: Thought of one more.

-What is your weight and network weight in the wallet mean? Does it affect how long it takes to get rewarded via staking? I've seen it say anywhere from 200 days to over a thousand days to earn reward. Just curious.

Thanks all. Appreciate any help or guidance.
Bitcoines

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:21:16 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 11:26:00 PM by Bitcoines

Complete n00b here, new to OKCash and crypto in general, so hoping to get some help from someone patient who remembers what it's like to feel like a dumbass too. Wink

Welcome to the exciting world of cryptocurrencies, and to one of the most efficient coins with no errors at all and a fast secure and growing network!

-If I understand correctly, you have to leave this wallet open on your computer to stake (earn). What exactly is it connected to, and do these connections make it/me more susceptible to being hacked or the contents of my wallet compromised? Is that why I should encrypt my wallet?

First assumption is correct, OKCash is a Proof of Stake cryptocurrency which is more sustainable long term, more fair with the coin holders and way more eco-friendly than Proof of work.

-To stake: You need to have coins in your wallet and leave it running, this wallet is a "node" in the network, The OKCash network is created by a lot of this nodes scattered around the world, anywhere where people download and start staking their coins, That is why it is Decentralized and free from middle men, as the users are the real power behind the network, so this nodes connect to each other and there is no Central authority or single points of failure like with masternodes or other way of distribution.  After leaving your wallet open, around 24 hrs later you should start getting your first stakes (coins) and this coins get mature and ready for use after 69 confirmations in the network which you can check in the wallet under the transactions tab.

-Security: The connections to the wallet are normal as they are other nodes connecting to yours and viceversa, your wallet automatically blocks unofficial or malicious nodes it detects, even so you could download and use malawarebytes to increase the security as it blocks malicious ip addresses extending even more the security of your connections, to have maximum security you should always download official clients and only from official sources.

-Wallet encryption: You should encrypt your wallet so in case anyone else gets access to your computer (Via physical or internet access) they can not use or spend your coins as they would require the password to send any transaction as well, and the information inside its encrypted.
To Stake you can unlock only the staking process by selecting the small box "stake only" when unlocking your wallet, that way will still require your password to send coins out of your wallet but it will be able to do the stake process. (A fully encrypted and locked wallet does not stake)

-If I want to back up the wallet, it prompts me to save a .dat file. I'm assuming that's in case my computer goes belly up and I lose my hard drive. How would I restore and point the new wallet install to that old .dat file if that happens?

-More properly speaking that wallet.dat file is your real personal wallet (the program people normally call a wallet is in fact a Client or Daemon if is used under its graphical or command line interface).  So your real "Wallet" and the file you should always keep secure backups of it is that .dat file.

-Wallet.dat: This file contains your private keys, in easier terms  it holds your addresses and all the coins in them, that is why only you can use those coins, because only you have this private keys, if someone else get access to the private keys they could spend the coins, hence why encryption and security is important, and having a backup of it on a secure usb device just in case of anything happens to that computer.

to restore a wallet you just need to place the wallet.dat file into the Data folder,
For example, on Windows you can find that folder at: %appdata%/roaming/OKCash and then just start the Qt client and let it Synch.

-How long does it take for coins to be considered "mature" and start earning?

The coins are able to start getting stake (earning) after the first 8 hours in your open wallet, depending on the people staking in the network you could start earning your first stakes after 24 hrs or more before you start watching a constant influx as they are gaining weight in the network.

Maturity: a coin is mature when you are able to use it, on OKCash your coins mature after 69 confirmations.

-Speaking of backing up the wallet, should you only back it up and keep the latest copy, or can you back it up again and again at different points in time? I guess I'm wondering if it's like a snapshot or not. For example, let's say starting in January I add 100 OKCash to my wallet every month, and back up my wallet to a new .dat file every month too. I lose my hard drive in month six when I have 600 OKCash. If I restore an older .dat file (say, from March when I had only 300 OKCash), will my wallet only restore that amount, or will it still restore the full amount (600 OKCash) once my new wallet syncs with the network? My assumption is the .dat file is mainly configuration and authentication, but the full amount would be restored once the network sync is correct, but that's just a guess.

This works a bit different from that perception we have of files. Ill try explain

As we just saw, our wallet stores private keys (addresses) and we have to remember that there is a blockchain (where all the transactions are stored), the blockchain is stored across all the OKCash network nodes hence is decentralized and always available.

So. If you create a backup of your wallet when it has only 3 addresses, you could consider that backup valid and all your coins safe no matter when on time, as long as you dont create another address, as that backup only has 3 saved, so if you create more addresses then you would require to make a new backup, so you really have a full backup of all of your private keys (addresses).

As the Blockchain or in this case OKChain stores the transactions, as long as you have your private keys, the coins in those addresses are safe. So if you lose your hard drive with 600 coins in it, as long as your backup holds the private key for that address, you will have the full balance, no matter if someone send you more coins to that address and you had the computer off, you would still have the 600 coins and the new ones people send you as the transactions  are stored on the Chain so are never lost, and as you hold the keys for your address, then only you can access them.

Edit: Thought of one more.

-What is your weight and network weight in the wallet mean? Does it affect how long it takes to get rewarded via staking? I've seen it say anywhere from 200 days to over a thousand days to earn reward. Just curious.

Thanks all. Appreciate any help or guidance.

In easy terms.

You could think in your weight as "age and quality" of the coins in your wallet for stake.

In more technical terms:

The weight of every address starts at 0. When an address provides a signature, its weight increases so that after several signatures, the weight approaches the number of coins in the address as of the last signature block. For example,

New weight = 0.9 * Old weight + 0.1 * Balance

If a signature is not provided by the address in a signature block, its weight decreases:

New weight = 0.9 * Old weight

This way, addresses whose owners do not wish to participate in signing do not hamper the ability to reach a majority.

If an address signs two conflicting blocks, its weight is reset to 0. This is to limit the power of malicious stakeholders.

Hope that helped, Welcome to the community

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
fadingin

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:22:50 PM

That was extremely helpful Bitcoines. A sincere thank you for such a detailed and helpful reply. I'm sure these answers and explanations will also help all the other new folks out there trying to understand too. Wink
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:11:02 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 08:06:52 PM by OKtoshi

ROKOS v2 Released !

BTCT Direct Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.0

Raspberry Official Forums Link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112913

Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Raspbian based OK OS with integrated Cryptocurrency wallets

We've seen new services selling "stake miners" for different currencies, we support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Rapberry Pi environments, hence we came up with a Free solution for every Pi enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to try their first cryptocurrencies on their Pi systems, or that would like to turn their Pi into a Staking device, It already includes a synched and fully functional wallet for OKCash to provide them with the best and easier Out of the Box experience.

v2 Update: Based on feedback and more research we find out that a lot of new crypto users have issues for getting Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin wallets to work in their Pi, and some people complain about the long time it takes to compile the wallets and get them running, so BTC, LTC, and DOGE wallets and daemons are included in ROKOS since the v2 release and forward.

The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspbian and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS v1 comes with an integrated OKCash wallet and Synched Chain. Released on Jun 9 2015.
- ROKOS v2 and forward includes the Bitcoin, OK, Litecoin and Dogecoin Wallets. (OK Chain Synched) Released on Jun 30 2015.

Distribution aimed at New Pi Users, Medium grade users and Advanced Pi Users.
Download & Burn, Ready for use.
Jun 6 2015 - ROKOS v1 (OK) - DOWNLOAD
Jun 30 2015 - ROKOS v2 (BTC OK LTC DOGE) - DOWNLOAD
*Official Download Links - Do Not Download from other sources, posts, links to ensure the security of your downloads*

Specs:

v1 Release Jun 9 2015
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi systems.
- Raspbian based.
- Active Firewall out of the box.
- Dev tools (makes it easier to compile Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies wallets into the system)
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 1024 swap.
- Updated OKCash wallet with full Stake functionality, encrypted messages and a Synched OKchain.
- Disabled SSH (can enable if required)
- Direct access to the wallet Via: Desktop shortcut, Menu > Internet.
- ZIP file - Compression: Only 1.6Gb image to download, 4.4GB uncompressed to burn.

v2 Release: Jun 30 2015
- Includes qt 4 and most developer tools to compile almost any other cryptocurrency wallet if required.
- Interface and Logos Redesign.
- Official ROKOS logo Redesigned and added to start menu.
- Latest Bitcoin Core QT wallet v0.11.99 with direct links. (includes daemon)
- Latest OKCash Core QT wallet v2.0.0 with direct links, Full Stake functionality, encrypted messages and Synched Chain till June 30 2015. (includes daemon)
- Latest Litecoin Core QT wallet v0.10.2 with direct links. (includes daemon)
- Latest Dogecoin Core QT wallet v1.8.2 with direct links. (includes daemon)
- Disabled SSH (can enable if required)
- Security and System Updated.
- 1024 Swap mod.
- Updated Out of the box Firewall already configd only for wallets and web access. (and ssh IF you enable it)
- RAR file - High Compression: Only 1.6Gb image to download, 5.5GB uncompressed to burn.

Requirements:
Any ROKOS version:
- Raspberry Pi B or 2 (v1 Should work for A but further testing is required, hence not officially supported yet)

ROKOS v1:
- Min 6gb SD card. (Class 10 for optimal performance)

ROKOS v2:
- If you will use ALL the wallets:
Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb or hdd). To synch the chains on the external device instead of the SD card, BTC chain alone is around 40gb.

- If using OKCash, Litecoin and Dogecoin: Min 32gb SD card. they fit together in the card for now, external device recommended.
- If using only OKCash and Litecoin OR Dogecoin (2 wallets): Min 16gb SD card.
- If only using OKCash: Min 8gb SD card.

Future Versions:
- Security updates.
- Chain Updates.
- More Cryptocurrencies will be integrated for an Out of the Box experience in different versions called FLAVORS.
- Designs Updates.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users feedback and cross collaborations.

ROKOS v2 Screen Shot

"ROKOS" OKCashPi Initial Setup

1.- Download and Burn the OKCashPi Image to a micro SD Card like you would with any other Pi Distro.
Jun 6 2015 - ROKOS v1 (OK) - DOWNLOAD
Jun 30 2015 - ROKOS v2 (BTC OK LTC DOGE) - DOWNLOAD

Steps for first boot

a) Login with user: Pi   password: raspberry    
b) Type:    sudo raspi-config    (This will get us to the config menu)
c) Expand the file system by selecting the proper option.
d) Allow booting to desktop (StartX) by selecting the proper option.
e) Set up your Time Zone by selecting the proper option.
f) Exit and restart the system (It will restart on exit)

Welcome to the ROKOS Desktop

Security Steps
Pi and root accounts default passwords:  raspberry

*note: Remember that the password will not be displayed as you type it; there are no Windows-style * symbols representing the letters. Instead, it will appear that you haven’t entered a password. This is a security feature to prevent people guessing the length of your passphrase. Just type the password regardless.

Open a terminal and change the password of "Pi" and "root" accounts with this commands

sudo passwd
(write your new password, this will change the password of Pi, the main use account)

su root
enter password:  raspberry

passwd
(write your new password, this will change the password for the root account)

exit
(leaves root account and goes back to Pi account)

exit or close the terminal window

RESTART the system one last time so it can start with correct configurations. (correct mount of tmp for the tech savy)

Final steps

a) Go to Menu > Internet and Click on the OKCash Wallet

This will open the OKCash wallet, give it some minutes for the initial setup, OK Chain is Synched so it will be ready for use in the next minutes.

*Repeat the previous step with the Desired Wallet you would like to open and use.
*For BTC LTC and DOGE the initial synch will take some hours and even days in case of Bitcoin's Chain, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.

b) Make a backup of your wallets and save in USB or external media.

Use your OKCash wallet to Stake, Send/Receive OK cryptocurrency or send and receive encrypted messages with other OK users.

Important Security Notice:
Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Raspberry Pi Hardware and the Software are under development hence is not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always have a backup of your wallets on an external device.

You can start testing and developing new integrations with the Bitcoin OKCash Litecoin & Dogecoin Tech with your IoT projects.

ROKOS is Released for Free to support cryptocurrencies environment and adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support the Dev and future Releases feel free to show some Love at

Bitcoin   15VrDkat5vD4FfycRk3E4e7EgqftzK6tm8
Litecoin   LXQfRBHXqDtZ8b1okvQxddHUJXYxX2Cx7F
Dogecoin   DN5urbfH59jt1gT9HsPnYwadsRnSmazLhk
OKcash   PWZg5F7NurKDNGdckRpQgmShEQhEHmF5W5

Extra Screenshots
ROKOS v2

ROKOS v1

UltrA1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

In Real World Use for Crypto We Trust!!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

I'm still waiting for my Raspberry Pi, once i get it i'll try doing this for sure.. great post

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:32:56 PM

Great post, nice update dev
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:13:09 PM

Somebody Dump on Bittrex a few coins ......
lazi

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:59:03 AM

500k thats a lot Cheesy
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:32:26 PM

500k thats a lot Cheesy

Yeah,

Prices are low now for that reason.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:41:27 AM

By the way, some  sites make reference to old name

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/show/pimp

someone must take care off this, advicing to each site founded.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:43:42 AM

By the way, some  sites make reference to old name

someone must take care off this, advicing to each site founded.

another:

http://www.pimpcash.me/getinvolved.html
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:45:36 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 05:07:51 AM by OKtoshi

By the way, some  sites make reference to old name

someone must take care off this, advising to each site founded.

another:

http://www.pimpcash.me/getinvolved.html

Fixed,
and sent the request to ccc , they already have OK listed at: https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/show/ok  so they only need to remove the old one,
thanks for the help and feedback.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: