ROKOS v5 Flavors Released!
Support thread: ROKOS Flavors
Visit the New ROKOS website at: http://rokos.space
ROKOS v5 "Flavors" Released. Full OS with Cryptocurrency Clients, full nodes and much more. Faster, Easier, Stronger.
Just Burn and Click to Start your own Cryptocurrency Full Node or Client
Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Flavors: Raspbian based OS with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients, Nodes ready for use.
We've seen new services selling "stake miners" for different currencies, we support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Raspberry Pi environments, hence we came up with a Free
solution for every IoT enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to use their IoT devices with BTC, OK and more cryptocurrencies, or that would like to turn their Pi into a Staking device, It already integrates a fully functional Bitcoin + 11 Cryptocurrencies Clients and nodes as well to provide the users with the best and easier Out of the Box experience.
v5 "Flavors" Released
The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspberry Pi 2, Banana Pi PRO & IoT Devices with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS v5 "Flavors"
comes with integrated Cryptocurrencies Clients / nodes .
Specs: v5 "flavors" Release (Pi2)
Distribution aimed for everyone, from new Pi users to Pi Developers, Ease of use Out of the Box.Download & Burn, Ready for use.
March 07 2016 ROKOS v5 "flavors" for Raspberry Pi 2 - Download (2.2Gb)
March 07 2016
SHA-512 Checksum: ROKOS
History releases link
.*Official Download Links - Do Not Download from other sources, posts, links to ensure the security of your downloads*
March 07 2016
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi
- Full System / Programs Upgrade.
- Full Design Upgrade.
- Iceweasel browser.
- Java Dev Tools.
- Easier to Use mod Update.
- Security and Optimization Update.
- Updated Out of the box Firewall ready for use (gui) (start in terminal: gufw)
- Includes Qt and complete set of Dev tools (For developers)
- Includes Qt 3.2.1 Native / Qt 5.5.1 for Cross compile !
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 1024mb swap mod.
- Updated Cryptocurrencies Included: Bitcoin, OKCash, Blackcoin, Gamecredits, Digitalcoin, Diamondcoin,
Energycoin, Europecoin, Soil, Metalcoin, Transfercoin, Mojocoin.
- Custom Login and Wallpapers.
- Cryptocurrencies nodes at /usr/local/bin/
- Easy Clients / Nodes Upgrades.
- Direct access to the Clients Via: Task bar and Menu > Internet.
- ZIP file - Compression: 2.2Gb image to download, 6.1GB uncompressed to burn.Requirements:
ROKOS v5 "flavors":
- Raspberry Pi
2 (Pi2 full power use by debian jessie base)
- Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the Cryptocurrencies chains on the external device instead of the SD card.Future Versions:
- Security updates.
- Chain Updates.
- More Cryptocurrencies will be integrated for an Out of the Box
experience and adoption.
- Designs Updates.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users/communities/developers feedback, support and/or cross collaborations.
ROKOS v5 "flavors" Screen Shots
"ROKOS" Initial Setup
Steps for first boot
*Raspberry Pi 2:
User: pi / Password: raspberry , follow normal setup.
a) Type: sudo raspi-config
b) Set your Time Zone, change your pi user password and Expand the file system, restart.
After restart the system you can type: "startx" to start the user desktop.
c) System ready for use.
Welcome to the ROKOS Desktop
Final steps / BTC and OK Clients
a) Go to Menu
and Click on your favorite Cryptocurrency
This will open the Cryptocurrency wallet and start sync.
*For some Cryptocurrencies
the initial sync might take some days, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.
b) Always remember to make constant backups of your wallets and save them in USB or external media.
Use your wallets in ROKOS to plug HW and mine, Send/Receive, Stake, Share,
become a full node and support your favorite Cryptocurrency network, develop new applications,
etc, the limit is only in your imagination.Important Security Notice
*) Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Raspberry Pi
Hardware, Raspbian and ROKOS Software are under development hence not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always
have a backup
of your wallets on an external device.
*) Some people tend to recommend getting a 128Gb MicroSD HC (High speed) , at the same time it does work, I do not recommend this solution, as microSD cards tend to get corrupted by the number of overwrites, to ensure the best functionality and security you should use an external HDD/USB storage device to store the chains.
You can start testing and developing new integration with ROKOS and your favorite cryptocurrencies for your IoT projects.
ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations atBTC
0x3df2e34602fd5711b2f32daebeff96df0a4df113Want your Cryptocurrency Client and node included in the next ROKOS "Flavors" release update?
1 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added to every future "Flavors" upgrades/releases. (Permanently added to upcoming flavors releases)
0.45 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added only to next "Flavors" upgrade/release. (1 flavors release)
1.5 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get an Exclusive version release for your cryptocurrency with your custom cryptocurrency wallpaper and version name.
Contact: OKtoshi at email@example.com
"Empower yourself and build your own Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Fullnode Guide"ROKOS Guide from zero! Full steps for New Users
---Prepare the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card---
(I did this on a Windows computer, and I dont know what tool to use for Mac to install the iso file Image burner, for this guide you will have to figure out that yourself, if you use Mac)
1. Download and install SD Formatter 4.0 (This is the tool to format the SD card) from:
(or find it yourself at: https://sdcard.org/downloads
2. Insert the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card into your PC/Mac. (You will probably need an MicroSD to SD adapter for this).
3. Start SD Formatter 4.0 and click the [Option] button. In there you change from "FORMAT TYPE: QUICK" to "FORMAT TYPE: (FULL)Erase", just leave the "FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT" in OFF and click the [OK] button so start the format. When the card is completely formatted click the [Exit] button to close SD Formatter.
4. Download and install Win32 Disk Imager (This is the iso file Image burner) from:
5. Download ROKOS Core (rokos5.img.zip) and unzip the ISO file (This is the awesome ROKOS Core "Operating System" that we are going to install on the SD card) from:
(or find it yourself at: http://rokos.space
6. Start Win32 Disk Imager, press the "little blue folder" and select the "rokos5.img" file that you did extract. Make sure your SD card is selected in the list to the right and press the [Write] button. It will tell you that it can corrupt the SD card, just press [Yes] to continue the installation, when the installation to the SD card is done press the [Exit] button to close Win32 Disk Imager.
7. Now "Safely remove" your SD card from the computer.
8. Put the MicroSD/MicroSDHC card in your Raspberry Pi 2, and make sure you got an USB Keyboard, Monitor (via HDMI), and and Internet cable connected to the Raspberry Pi 2 before you connect the power cable to your Raspberry Pi 2.
---Installing ROKOS ---
(The first boot of ROKOS )
(and press enter)
1. Expand Filesystem
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button.
2. Change user password
(and press enter) press enter again on the <Ok> button. Type a new password (you will not see the letters) and press enter, type your new password again, and press enter. Then press the <Ok> button.
5. Internationalization Options
(and press enter) Then select:
I2. Change Timezone
(Choose your timezone)
5. Press the "TAB" button on your keyboard two times to get to the <Finish> button, and press enter. Then choose <Yes> to restart your system.
(and press enter) your system will now start up and you are DONE!
ENJOY THIS AWESOME OPERATING SYSTEM!