Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:28:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31372 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 11:39:34 AM

106/139 or 76.25% of those polled believe Evan purposely instamined Dash.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:06:57 PM

106/139 or 76.25% of those polled believe Evan purposely instamined Dash.
Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

I would love to see how many of those are Monero supporters or dev's can we have name's of all the voters please? LOL

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:28:58 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 02:55:50 PM by AdamWhite

Here's what was said after Evan announced the second relaunch (after he said he'd wait until tomorrow)

Windows ready then?

Ridiculous if not.

Indeed. Ridiculous is putting it mildly. I wonder why Evan STILL didn't bother compiling a windows wallet even though he said he'd wait until the next day to relaunch  Roll Eyes  

He launched it early knowing the code would work exactly as planned. The fewer miners, the more coins would be emitted. It wasn't a "bug" at all, it worked exactly as planned. Evan was being deliberately deceptive so that he could instamine the lion's share of the coins.

You X/DRK/DASH scam apologists are the most delusional and brainwashed in crypto.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:51:02 PM

Indeed. Ridiculous is putting it mildly. I wonder why Evan STILL didn't bother compiling a windows wallet even though he said he'd wait until the next day to relaunch  Roll Eyes  

Maybe because he only had Linux himself. Setting up a build environment for Windows with all the stuff that's needed is a lot of work. It can't be done in one day unless you already know how and have done it before.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:59:13 PM

Maybe because he only had Linux himself. Setting up a build environment for Windows with all the stuff that's needed is a lot of work. It can't be done in one day unless you already know how and have done it before.

Inconvenient truths are everywhere:

Looks like everything is ready.
Bitmonero will be launched in 24 hours => Launch time 17 April, 22:00

Could you let us know what Bitmonero means?

Also, will you have binaries for OS X that work at this time (After two hours of wasted time, I can't get the Bytecoin source to compile).

Bitmonero = bit + monero
monero = mono (money) + ero (bit) = coin (esperanto language)

OS X build is a problem for me. I don't have a mac available for building and testing. In case somebody can help with building for Mac or for Windows, please PM me.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 01:06:24 PM

Attacking Monero doesn't invalidate Dash's instamine. Attacking the vote doesn't invalidate Dash's instamine. The only thing that would invalidate Dash's instamine would to be to prove it wasn't an instamine--but you can't, so....

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:14:09 PM

Right  Roll Eyes

Maybe it was divine intervention. Maybe the tooth fairy told him to speed up the launch.

Maybe your first reaction was correct:

It would be so hard to realse a coin with compiled wallets? Oo
No but it would be hard for dev to instamine with them.

Here's Evan thinking it's awesome that the windows wallet won't sync:

This is funny .... I just managed to compile a windows version, both wallet and daemon - won't sync though.

Awesome! We'll be launching soon. Things are looking good.

And once again your scam apologizing doesn't work. He said he'd try again next week. Is 1 week enough to get a windows environment up illodin?

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:15:09 PM

Monero was launched by Thankful-for-today and was available on Windows, Linux, and Mac,(Take note that 90%+ of all computer operating systems use Windows), unlike Dash that was available on Linux only. Dash's scam instamine beginnings just keeps getting worse when compared to other coins.

Why do people keep bringing off-topic posts in this thread regardless? This isn't about Monero, or Litecoin, or Bitcoin, or Dogecoin, or whatever, it's about Dash.

Current status:

Everything works fine on Linux. We can launch as soon as Windows and Mac binaries will be ready.
In order to make everything as fair as possible I move a launch time  +12 hours. See updated original post.
illodin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:19:34 PM

Right  Roll Eyes

Maybe it was divine intervention. Maybe the tooth fairy told him to speed up the launch.

Maybe. Which do you think is more likely though?

Here's Evan thinking it's awesome that the windows wallet won't sync:

This is funny .... I just managed to compile a windows version, both wallet and daemon - won't sync though.

Awesome! We'll be launching soon. Things are looking good.

There it's him thinking it's awesome that someone managed to compile a Windows version.

And once again your scam apologizing doesn't work. He said he'd try again next week. Is 1 week enough to get a windows environment up illodin?

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

No he didn't say he'd try again next week. He said "Time to go to bed" was a good idea.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:30:50 PM

Saturday night approaching Trollz...you will have to talk amongst yourself about Monero now Sad

For some Trollero home -

The Trolleros can take a look at the Monero pre-ann which says the emissions will follow the same path as bitcoin, but when it was scam launched the rate of emissions was changed to be completely opposite.

80% in the first 4 years, most of that coming in the first year.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. The devs who were around at the time and are still around would rather sweep the truth under the carpet so they can keep goading the Trolleros and making them pack hunters.

What is it they keep saying, to ignore a scam is to be part of the scam.  Well they are all ignoring the Proven Monero Scam Launch. Can't hide it anymore I'm afraid

Keep thinking about this and it really is shady as fuck, especially given the de-optimized code, sending people to dud links so they couldn't mine, wallets not working properly, expecting people to compile their own wallets with shitty code that also didn't work, injecting fucked up code to prevent people from submitting work and forking the chain in the first week(s), and then forking the thread from the main dev after only a few weeks 'because he wasn't communicating'.

Then there are the lucky ones who seem not to have had any problems and managed to acquire 10% or more of the coin supply in the first week.

It really was / is shady as fuck.

Still trying to figure out why the bitcoin like emissions suddenly become the opposite of bitcoin.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 01:35:05 PM

Saturday night approaching Trollz...you will have to talk amongst yourself about Monero now Sad

For some Trollero home -

The Trolleros can take a look at the Monero pre-ann which says the emissions will follow the same path as bitcoin, but when it was scam launched the rate of emissions was changed to be completely opposite.

80% in the first 4 years, most of that coming in the first year.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. The devs who were around at the time and are still around would rather sweep the truth under the carpet so they can keep goading the Trolleros and making them pack hunters.

What is it they keep saying, to ignore a scam is to be part of the scam.  Well they are all ignoring the Proven Monero Scam Launch. Can't hide it anymore I'm afraid

Keep thinking about this and it really is shady as fuck, especially given the de-optimized code, sending people to dud links so they couldn't mine, wallets not working properly, expecting people to compile their own wallets with shitty code that also didn't work, injecting fucked up code to prevent people from submitting work and forking the chain in the first week(s), and then forking the thread from the main dev after only a few weeks 'because he wasn't communicating'.

Then there are the lucky ones who seem not to have had any problems and managed to acquire 10% or more of the coin supply in the first week.

It really was / is shady as fuck.

Still trying to figure out why the bitcoin like emissions suddenly become the opposite of bitcoin.

FTFY--and I don't even get a thank you.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:10:46 PM

Was there an answer to the Monero emissions change at the last minute, dear reader?

Or was there more misdirection?

.....I think the most important change is the emissions schedule, but yes, this is rushed. The name alone may doom it.
...... Right now this fork doesn't have much of a reason to exist, IMO. There's no reason to release it now and work on these things later, either. All we'd be doing is unfairly mining it ahead of everyone else.

+1
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:24:35 PM

If only everyone would ignore that instamine; then Evan and his apologists would have a clearer path to ill-gotten gains, but damn people keep on bringing up facts and such....

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:26:34 PM

And I quote:

Whenever coins101 begins his obvious trolling, direct him to this post.

Let me sum it up entirely:

Dash:

Evan Duffield who is Dash's developer, released Dash before it's intended release date and started mining it then. This means Dash also has a premine as well. During the first 2 days of Dash's existence, there was 500 coins per block that was being mined, and from that, 2million+ coins were mined. After 2million+ coins were mined in the first 2 days, the 500 coins per block output was reduced/sliced and diced to under 100, instantly making those instamined/premined coins worth more. Then to make things worse, the max coin supply was cut from avg. 80million to 20million. However, the likely scam/fraud didn't finish then, as all of that was done while mining was restricted to Linux-only users(90%+ of all people use Windows), and for a period of time, the only person able to mine Dash was it's developer, Evan Duffield, as the public miner wasn't working.  

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm. So besides the fact that close to 40% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days, there's also a guy that owns 11% of all dash. So practically 50% of all Dash *coins* are/were owned by the instaminers and 1 person, that's an absolute despicable distribution.

Monero:

Thankful-for-Today released Monero as a fork from Bytecoin. Bytecoin had a deoptimized miner and so this miner was transferred onto Monero. There is no report of Thankful-for-Today taking advantage of that at all, as the github has been untouched, and Thankful-for-Today has nothing to do with the current 7 member Monero dev team. Some people that mined at this time made their own miners since they had the skill for it, and they also released a public article and presented the fact that they sold all the coins that they mined during this period. **Note that with any cryptocurrency including Bitcoin(GPU, ASIC), there's going to be public miners and those able to make "optimized miners", as those with the skill will always be able to create better things for themselves, as shown in everything in life even*

What to gain from that? Well, Monero's distribution is superior than most other cryptocurrencies, as the coins mined early on in this period were all sold to an array of new buyers, negating any effects of the deoptimized miner. Also, Monero's beginnings is Subjective, as there's no clear evidence that Thankful-for-Today even knew the miner was deoptimized in the first place when he forked it from Bytecoin.

Conclusion:
Everything said against Monero's Launch is Subjective and Opinionated, just like saying "Satoshi worked for the NSA" is subjective and an opinion. However, everything said against Dash's Launch is Objective as the history is recorded in the blockchain, Dash did have an extremely controversial instamine/premine and that's a fact.

If any trolls argue against either/or, please show them this post.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:24:33 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 07:35:10 PM by smooth

Quote from: coins101
Was there an answer to the Monero emissions change at the last minute, dear reader?

There was no change at the last minute. TFT only ever proposed or coded up one specific speed. The rest was discussion but never agreed or implemented.

It didn't.

BCN used speed 22. Bitmonero used speed 20, making it closer to Bitcoin.

The stated intent of the Bitmonero fork was to be "close" or "closer" to Bitcoin (both wordings were used) and described as "flatter" than BCN. It was certainly "closer to Bitcoin" and "flatter" than BCN and that is not arguable. Whether that is close to Bitcoin is subjective (not as close I would have chosen) but it certainly is more like Bitcoin than either BCN from which it forked or countless fast-mine coins that mine out in a year or less.

It is also far more Bitcoin-like than Dash, since Bitcoin didn't a massive instamine or changes to supply/rate after the launch.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:29:53 PM

Right  Roll Eyes

I think its more likely he never had any particular interest in creating (Windows) builds because

illodin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:04:09 PM

Whenever coins101 begins his obvious trolling, direct him to this post.

Let me sum it up entirely:

Dash:

Evan Duffield who is Dash's developer, released Dash before it's intended release date and started mining it then. This means Dash also has a premine as well. During the first 2 days of Dash's existence, there was 500 coins per block that was being mined, and from that, 2million+ coins were mined. After 2million+ coins were mined in the first 2 days, the 500 coins per block output was reduced/sliced and diced to under 100, instantly making those instamined/premined coins worth more. Then to make things worse, the max coin supply was cut from avg. 80million to 20million. However, the likely scam/fraud didn't finish then, as all of that was done while mining was restricted to Linux-only users(90%+ of all people use Windows), and for a period of time, the only person able to mine Dash was it's developer, Evan Duffield, as the public miner wasn't working.  

What does the stat "90%+ of all people use Windows" has to do with this? More relevant stat would be, what percentage of crypto currency miners have access to Linux.

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm. So besides the fact that close to 40% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days, there's also a guy that owns 11% of all dash. So practically 50% of all Dash *coins* are owned by the instaminers and 1 person, that's an absolute despicable distribution.

Having a strong hand and an investor is a positive thing for every other coin except DASH?

Also your logic that 50% is owned by instaminers is just flawed, or are you claiming that none of them has sold any coins? You're just putting numbers and pieces together and constructing fabricated results that suit your agenda.

Am I on ignore?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:22:23 PM

Oh, no it doesn't.

lol

Why would the markets accept that?

I can't answer that. I try not second guess the markets, just observe. It seems the original coin is getting more and more uptake, for whatever reason.

Clones always have an uphill battle, as I'm sure you know.

Crypto distribution is absurdly bad (most, even big ones like LTC, have ~50% of coins held in the top 100 wallets).

And yet, LTC is the most successful alt by far...

Don't underestimate "instamining" stigma - it annihilated Quark and continues to plague DRK. A currency (exchange medium) is no good if many people don't want anything to do with it.

I don't disagree necessarily, like I said I'm just observing. If this coin turns out not to work the technology is out there and can be used for something else.

I wasn't observing that poor distribution leads to a lack of success, but that it's simply bad for any exchange medium. We here in altcoin-land are only concerned with profits so we don't think about it, but presumably in the end what we want is a universally accepted currency. But what we're looking at it with BCN is probably a distribution that's horrible even by cryptocurrency standards -- and that's just scary territory.

Right now BCN is being mined as a novelty, but there are complete nonsense coins that get more attention than it in shorter timeframes. Considering how revolutionary the technology is, I think that's explained by the fact that it wasn't "properly launched" from the perspective of the community.

I've been mining BCN and I'll support it just because I firmly believe in the need for anonymity, but there would be a tinge of regret that we could've had something better.

+1

The Monero emission change at the last minute was obviously intended to be part of the launch scam.

People liked the idea of a flatter bitcoin like emission curve, but then it was changed by the dev at the last minute.

Even back then people were flagging that there were problems that would come back and haunt Monero.

No shit batman.
Smmrtm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM

+1

The Monero emission change at the last minute was obviously intended to be part of the launch scam.

People liked the idea of a flatter bitcoin like emission curve, but then it was changed by the dev at the last minute.

Even back then people were flagging that there were problems that would come back and haunt Monero.

No shit batman.

You fucking liar, you make me dump all my dash, you and your kind are only lies, the Monero emission was not changed, go to hell you piece of shit.
illodin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:33:30 PM

Right  Roll Eyes

I think its more likely he never had any particular interest in creating (Windows) builds because

Didn't know I had that much influence in forming your opinion. And all this time I thought you came to your conclusions driven by penis envy of being in the shadow of the market leader.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: