Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31375 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:30:46 AM

Oh dear me

There's nothing 'oh dear' about it other than the fact that the best you can do is lift 2 out of context posts from over 3300.

I had happily traded on Gox and did feel some sympathy for them before all the shenanigans started to emerge. Check the date on that post please.

The second post should read "Encryption has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency" which I corrected a few posts later.

P.S.......

When you get to 3000 let me know and we'll see how consistent you are   Cheesy

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 07:46:26 AM

Oh dear me

There's nothing 'oh dear' about it other than the fact that the best you can do is lift 2 out of context posts from over 3300.

I had happily traded on Gox and did feel some sympathy for them before all the shenanigans started to emerge. Check the date on that post please.

The second post should read "Encryption has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency" which I corrected a few posts later.

P.S.......

A few posts later.... How do you define a few? The few I read are still as convoluted as when I first read them. As I remember it, it wasn't until Gmaxwell (and Toshi too?) decimated your understanding on cryptocurrencies that you backtracked into awkward rephrasings  of common words used throughout the cryptocurrency space in a vain (both meanings) attempt to save face.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:03:29 AM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

I would love to see how many of those are Monero supporters or dev's can we have name's of all the voters please? LOL

Cry"p"to in forums, here is a new deal for Monero developers i'll spend 20 bitcoins into Monero's dead coin "since they can't bring ANYTHING new to crypto" if they do give us something new like something would make me say WOW they are actually working and not copying from byte or other coins anymore; or changing a color of a copied "LOL" GUI wallet from red to blue LOOOOOOOOOOL

Incompetence does not bring smart money, so RIGHT NOW show me what is in ur agenda if you got nothing then stop creating new accounts bashing Evan or wasting time as developers you're just making Monero look really really bad with you're CRY"P"TO in forums lol.

I'll raise that to 30 BTC, Is it that hard to give the public you're next agenda? that of course if you had one.
Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero$ 3,489,080   $ 0.469919   7,424,855 XMR   $ 19,521   -5.20 %

Great having more of the community working hard as well.

~ 8k buy order just appeared @ .0118

Yup even the DASH community doing more work than all the current MONERO developers LOOOL

Monero getting sadder each day, they c how Dash is getting more attention, more smart money getting in, and our developer/community working. Well guess what?! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WOOOOOOORK and stop CRY"P"TO about it in forums

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:08:20 AM

Again, your logic fails....The vast majority of users on this forum own not even 1 btc according to some polls conducted here. The vast majority of those involved with cryptocurrencies do not mine coins( if looking at the top bitcoin pools give any reasonable #'s of those mining), but it seems like you would expect the opposite since this is a bitcoin forum correct? Your entire argument is wrong...

You write words and sentences but when put together they don't make sense. If you don't know what to say you don't have to, you can just not post.

Let's recap what you've said.

So far you've said that we need to look at the stats of the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux. I responded by saying there is no study done on the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux, and the next best source to look at is the overall # of users that users Linux worldwide, to which that number is around 1%, with over 90% of all operating systems used on desktops, laptops, netbooks, being Windows.

Just like going to a power lifting forum thinking a statistic that 1% of the population can bench their own weight has any relevance there.

When it comes to the nodes listed by turtles83, you had the same illogical pattern of reasoning. You asked irrelevant questions of whether there were other nodes, etc, to which I replied that until another source comes forth to compare against turtles83 documentation, then having those questions is useless.

You must be trolling...or very...illogical. Take a coffee break.

Just like going to McDonald's on Thursday and seeing 10 people and thinking those were the only people eating there the whole week.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 08:19:36 AM

Again, your logic fails....The vast majority of users on this forum own not even 1 btc according to some polls conducted here. The vast majority of those involved with cryptocurrencies do not mine coins( if looking at the top bitcoin pools give any reasonable #'s of those mining), but it seems like you would expect the opposite since this is a bitcoin forum correct? Your entire argument is wrong...

You write words and sentences but when put together they don't make sense. If you don't know what to say you don't have to, you can just not post.

So far you've said that we need to look at the stats of the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux. I responded by saying there is no study done on the % of cryptocurrency miners that use Linux, and the next best source to look at is the overall # of users that users Linux worldwide, to which that number is around 1%, with over 90% of all operating systems used on desktops, laptops, netbooks, being Windows.

Just like going to a power lifting forum thinking a statistic that 1% of the population can bench their own weight has any relevance there.

When it comes to the nodes listed by turtles83, you had the same illogical pattern of reasoning. You asked irrelevant questions of whether there were other nodes, etc, to which I replied that until another source comes forth to compare against turtles83 documentation, then having those questions is useless.

Just like going to McDonald's on Thursday and seeing 10 people and thinking those were the only people eating there the whole week.

At best, you're proving that fair distribution is neither provable or not provable with current facts--which leads one (at least if they're thinking) to wonder if they should trust the dev who says he accidentally mined over 35% of the current distribution in a couple days or the guy trying to fit together the most likely scenario based on what little facts are available. And if you don't trust either, you'll sit on the sidelines until more facts can be gathered (again, if you're thinking).

Also, do you have to follow KYC rules if your a masternode operator--no one from Dash will comment on that for me. Seems kind of pertinent with what's going on with Ripple and all. Off topic, I know, but seems like that door was opened the first time someone yelled Monero.

illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:21:59 AM

Oh dear me

P.S.......

A few posts later.... How do you define a few? The few I read are still as convoluted as when I first read them. As I remember it, it wasn't until Gmaxwell (and Toshi too?) decimated your understanding on cryptocurrencies that you backtracked into awkward rephrasings  of common words used throughout the cryptocurrency space in a vain (both meanings) attempt to save face.

Oh you mean the post where gmaxwell confirmed Darksend mixing is actually cryptography?

Btw it wasn't as much the understanding, but use of terminology rather that was in question.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:31:17 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 10:21:06 AM by toknormal

it wasn't until Gmaxwell (and Toshi too?) decimated your understanding on cryptocurrencies

Really ?  LoL

Well, I'm happy to leave that interpretation to anyone who cares to check out the history. Suffice to say, the glee with which yourself and co-horts jumped on that little episode about sums up the depth of your contribution to this whole debate.

The point being made was that encryption was never a significant part of cryptocurrencies which still stands.

Ever heard of creating a "straw man" ? You should have because it's something you excel at. It means addressing the argument that the other side isn't making to draw attention away from the one that it is.

In the quoted thread the evaded point is the one I just made above regarding encryption. In this thread your straw man is the validity or otherwise of Dash's instamine as opposed to the extent to which has market viability independently of its launch. The reason you need to create straw men is simple - your case would be dead in the water if you had to address the relevant point since we've now had a year's worth of open trading, attacks and trolling on Dash during which time the 'instamine' has been promoted to almost hysterical levels and during which time it's done nothing but gain value since it's post May 2014 correction.

The reasons for that are well documented, here and everywhere else, but broadly speaking amount to the fact that people do not care how they get their hands on cryptocurrency assets - whether through mining or markets - as long as they can get them, and get them for what they perceive to be a competitive cost, again whether that be a mining cost or a monetary one.

Your arguments are bogus, as are your straw men, as are your technical appraisals regarding the use of cryptographic obfuscation in the public blockchain. Fortunately everyone can see it except a of your fellow deluded space cadets who follow the same short-circuted logic regarding monetary properties and what makes money work on an electronic platform.

illodin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:38:09 AM

At best, you're proving that fair distribution is neither provable or not provable with current facts--which leads one (at least if they're thinking) to wonder if they should trust the dev who says he accidentally mined over 35% of the current distribution in a couple days or the guy trying to fit together the most likely scenario based on what little facts are available. And if you don't trust either, you'll sit on the sidelines until more facts can be gathered (again, if you're thinking).

Sorry, but I'm not trying to prove anything. Just debunking the "proof" someone with an agenda has pieced together.

Also, do you have to follow KYC rules if your a masternode operator--no one from Dash will comment on that for me. Seems kind of pertinent with what's going on with Ripple and all. Off topic, I know, but seems like that door was opened the first time someone yelled Monero.

If a "customer" of a masternode actually paid to a masternode for its service, sent coins to it, and received coins of some other currency back, then I guess masternodes located in some countries might have to. But none of that is happening, so my guess is "no".
AndJusticeForSome

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:18:15 PM

Not sure how you can respect a dev that shouts NO PREMINE and then proceeds to instamine 575,500 coins in the first hour and 1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

https://i.imgur.com/JTDQSXU.png

https://i.imgur.com/dSe9cRz.jpg

But you support deception, and that's okay. Personally, I don't. I won't try to change your opinion, but I will do my part to make sure all the facts about what i consider one of the biggest scams in crypto history remain visible indefinitely, no matter how much you or anyone else cries about it and tries to blame on another coin.

Dark supporters continue dancing around the issue, but that screenshot of "NO PREMINE" is the smoking gun in all of this.

Why did Duffield include it in the original thread title? Because he recognizes people want an honest coin with no unfair advantages. The fact that the coin was not relaunched even after this supposed "bug" is proof of a dishonest developer that obviously cannot be trusted. He wanted an instamine that functioned like a premine, but didn't look like an instamine. Then he blamed it on a bug.

It's obvious the people defending these actions (and who continue making vicious personal attacks against the whistleblowers) are highly invested, and therefore biased

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:25:51 PM

Now I really wanna c the voter's name because I am pretty sure most of them are Monero trolls with new accounts, instead of making new accounts why don't you do something as a community to make you're coin more valuable or at least have the developers to actually do some work?

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

I would love to see how many of those are Monero supporters or dev's can we have name's of all the voters please? LOL

Cry"p"to in forums, here is a new deal for Monero developers i'll spend 20 bitcoins into Monero's dead coin "since they can't bring ANYTHING new to crypto" if they do give us something new like something would make me say WOW they are actually working and not copying from byte or other coins anymore; or changing a color of a copied "LOL" GUI wallet from red to blue LOOOOOOOOOOL

Incompetence does not bring smart money, so RIGHT NOW show me what is in ur agenda if you got nothing then stop creating new accounts bashing Evan or wasting time as developers you're just making Monero look really really bad with you're CRY"P"TO in forums lol.

I'll raise that to 30 BTC, Is it that hard to give the public you're next agenda? that of course if you had one.
Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero$ 3,489,080   $ 0.469919   7,424,855 XMR   $ 19,521   -5.20 %

Great having more of the community working hard as well.

~ 8k buy order just appeared @ .0118

Yup even the DASH community doing more work than all the current MONERO developers LOOOL

Monero getting sadder each day, they c how Dash is getting more attention, more smart money getting in, and our developer/community working. Well guess what?! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WOOOOOOORK and stop CRY"P"TO about it in forums

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:01:01 PM

Looks like the polls are in strong agreement.

Yet 'DASH' was able to pump quite a few times.  Is that real interest?  Or is it just speculators clamboring on a train that can crash at any moment.  Anyways I wonder if shorters will have any influence now that we have leveraged trading.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

it wasn't until Gmaxwell (and Toshi too?) decimated your understanding on cryptocurrencies

Really ?  LoL

Well, I'm happy to leave that interpretation to anyone who cares to check out the history. Suffice to say, the glee with which yourself and co-horts jumped on that little episode about sums up the depth of your contribution to this whole debate.

The point being made was that encryption was never a significant part of cryptocurrencies which still stands.

Ever heard of creating a "straw man" ? You should have because it's something you excel at. It means addressing the argument that the other side isn't making to draw attention away from the one that it is.

In the quoted thread the evaded point is the one I just made above regarding encryption. In this thread your straw man is the validity or otherwise of Dash's instamine as opposed to the extent to which has market viability independently of its launch. The reason you need to create straw men is simple - your case would be dead in the water if you had to address the relevant point since we've now had a year's worth of open trading, attacks and trolling on Dash during which time the 'instamine' has been promoted to almost hysterical levels and during which time it's done nothing but gain value since it's post May 2014 correction.

The reasons for that are well documented, here and everywhere else, but broadly speaking amount to the fact that people do not care how they get their hands on cryptocurrency assets - whether through mining or markets - as long as they can get them, and get them for what they perceive to be a competitive cost, again whether that be a mining cost or a monetary one.

Your arguments are bogus, as are your straw men, as are your technical appraisals regarding the use of cryptographic obfuscation in the public blockchain. Fortunately everyone can see it except a of your fellow deluded space cadets who follow the same short-circuted logic regarding monetary properties and what makes money work on an electronic platform.

Thanks for using a strawman to disprove my strawmen.  Grin

Let's keep this simple:

--I just mentioned that my memory is of you getting rekt by many people over that comment and didn't relent from your wrongheaded notion until Gmax set you straight. Nice that you've corrected yourself, but I didn't have a strawman engaged in that exchange, didn't bother to get into the debate outside of asking for an explanation AFAIK, and certainly don't think you showed anyone up but yourself in that exchange. I think you mis-remember.

(So that's one strawman gone)

--This thread, right here, the one we are posting on and you're accusing me of using strawmen on to detract Dash isn't a poll on does the instamine matter; it's a poll on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1034864.540 So do you think Evan did it on purpose and how do you think he feels about it now?

(So now you know who's detracting the thread)

--The whole argument that the instamine label sticking will destroy Dash is not a strawman invented by me, you just stuck it there and used it to dismiss arguments i wasn't even making in the post you were replying to:

Oh dear me

P.S.......

When you get to 3000 let me know and we'll see how consistent you are   Cheesy

A few posts later.... How do you define a few? The few I read are still as convoluted as when I first read them. As I remember it, it wasn't until Gmaxwell (and Toshi too?) decimated your understanding on cryptocurrencies that you backtracked into awkward rephrasings  of common words used throughout the cryptocurrency space in a vain (both meanings) attempt to save face.

^(No strawman)

--The instamine is a fact. Now it becomes a question on how you interpret it. I interpret it as a tactic for an initial gain that failed to take into account a longer strategy of sustained growth, and since that failure, we've had more tactics thrown at the problem (buzz word features, name changes, incentive apparatus), but none of this has warranted forgetting that there are staunchly ethical, moral, and principled individuals who will never invest in something that has a shady past or leadership. This is not a strawman, this is my opinion. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but it just doesn't go away because you mutter Monero or strawman or whatever tactic seems easiest today. I'm starting to see that Evan attracts people like himself--good luck with that.

neordicICE

Activity: 505

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:41:17 PM

Not sure how you can respect a dev that shouts NO PREMINE and then proceeds to instamine 575,500 coins in the first hour and 1.5 million in the first 8 hours.

But you support deception, and that's okay. Personally, I don't. I won't try to change your opinion, but I will do my part to make sure all the facts about what i consider one of the biggest scams in crypto history remain visible indefinitely, no matter how much you or anyone else cries about it and tries to blame on another coin.

Dark supporters continue dancing around the issue, but that screenshot of "NO PREMINE" is the smoking gun in all of this.

Why did Duffield include it in the original thread title? Because he recognizes people want an honest coin with no unfair advantages. The fact that the coin was not relaunched even after this supposed "bug" is proof of a dishonest developer that obviously cannot be trusted. He wanted an instamine that functioned like a premine, but didn't look like an instamine. Then he blamed it on a bug.

It's obvious the people defending these actions (and who continue making vicious personal attacks against the whistleblowers) are highly invested, and therefore biased

Disgusting
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:35:09 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 12:53:42 AM by toknormal

but none of this has warranted forgetting that there are staunchly ethical, moral, and principled individuals....

I think myopic clowns might be a more appropriate term, but if thats how you see yourself it sure explains most of your pontifical posts.

If you're selling the idea that you're on an ethics crusade then I might try and sell my remaining mooncoin. I'll probably get at least as many buyers.

Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:51:38 AM

Oh look guys another Trollero 0 activity account!!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 03:00:46 AM

but none of this has warranted forgetting that there are staunchly ethical, moral, and principled individuals....

I think myopic clowns might be a more appropriate term, but if thats how you see yourself it sure explains most of your pontifical posts.

If you're selling the idea that you're on an ethics crusade then I might try and sell my remaining mooncoin. I'll probably get at least as many buyers.

I didn't even say I was one of these people, but I do know they exist, there's a lot of them, and if you want to Bitcoin levels you better launch your coin right--you misread, I'm not saying this is my personal view, I'm saying any good strategist would have taken this into account and my criticism is of the strategy to ignore them. And good job insulting them and calling them myopic--I'll save this and keep it like the Cryptography isn't a big part of cryptocurrency post. Thanks.  Wink

neordicICE

Activity: 505

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:01:41 AM

So much to read since my last post but everyone know Evan should go prison for him scam.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:38:03 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 06:50:42 AM by toknormal

everyone know Evan should go prison for him scam.

LoL. You must be one of generalizethis's "staunchly ethical, moral, and principled individuals".

(He says he's not but he "knows they exist").

Sorry in advance if I 'insulted' you earlier since generalize might be about to quote you one of the little trophies he collects from my posting history  Wink

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 06:58:29 AM

everyone know Evan should go prison for him scam.

LoL. You must be one of generalizethis's "staunchly ethical, moral, and principled individuals".

(He says he's not but he "knows they exist").

Sorry in advance if I 'insulted' you earlier since generalize might be about to quote you one of the little trophies he collects from my posting history  Wink

Is that what I said? Or you do you miss nuance?

illodin

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:05:11 AM

Is that what I said? Or you do you miss nuance?

Now that's a reply that could be applied to half of your posts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: