Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57355 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

Official IRC #CreditsCurrency @ irc.freenode.net added to OP.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:12:11 AM

How many have guys in their wallet?

I've about 5500, is it little or ok?

More than I have as well. I'm sitting around 3000!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Aterna

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:26:01 AM

I have 200 in my wallet. Not much but it is there.

Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:11:48 AM

I have 1300 without deposits and 2100 with deposits

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:42:14 AM

Just keep the miner running and there's going to be more. Smiley

Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:44:03 AM

Just keep the miner running and there's going to be more. Smiley
How much do you have Gab?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
barabeku

Activity: 568

umachit.fund

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:45:28 AM

Want try to mine but my balance still 0, i need atleast 12 CRE

Need some giveaway  Grin

16RACLRMvJkD9idadPF95Am9nL5Ch4NtUQ

waffles99

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:55:49 PM

found two blocks in a 7 hour span with less than 1.5 mhs so doing just fine!
is it the deposit address that changes with every block or the credits address? temporarily I mean
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:51:23 PM

is it the deposit address that changes with every block or the credits address? temporarily I mean

You will always receive the deposit-change to the same address, the address which you have in your wallet and are mining from. (Some command line arguments can let you change this, however.)

For a more complete description of deposits,  check out this post: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=755

Need some giveaway  Grin

See the link above, you don't need to PRE-deposit at this point, seeing how the deposit is LESS than the block reward. This means that the deposit is subtracted from the block reward. You can start mining when you have 0 CRE! All you have to do is type setgenerate true -1 in the debug window!

(-1 uses 100% of your cpu, if you want to use a specific number of your cores, say 3, you would use setgenerate true 3)

barabeku

Activity: 568

umachit.fund

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:55:28 PM

Found my first block YAY  Grin

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:19:30 PM

Found my first block YAY  Grin

Congrats Cheesy

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:26:35 PM

Need some giveaway  Grin

At this moment in time there is NO need to add extra deposits. The reward will automatically be used by the miner as deposit, and if the reward is larger than the required deposit the remaining part will be sent to you as change.

It's first at about block 33 000 that the required deposit requirement will be larger than the reward. And then you can mine as well, but you will get a higher difficulty if you can not provide enough deposits.

Happy mining!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:28:01 PM

A new deposit address will be used for each new block. In general it is not recommended to reuse addresses unless you have a good reason to do it.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:33:28 PM

Bounty for GPU/ASIC development

Since the adaption of Credits to GPU/ASIC mining probably only is a matter of time, this is a call for development. The deposits system is built specifically to prevent miners from gaining an advantage through pure processing power, but up until the deposit system have full effect, Credits will run on proof-of-work mining. With the arms race that pow brings.

A bounty for adapting the client to work with cgminer or other GPU/ASIC mining software will be offered to any person that can do that integration, completely or partially.

The sole purpose of doing this development is to be able to provide mining tools for the Credits community.

All support necessary will be given to the person offering to help. Feel free to contact me through this forum or email gabriel.eiger2@gmail.com.

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:13:09 AM

I may have simply overlooked it but are there any mining pools or is this a solo only coin?

I realize it's a different SHA256 and as such standard miners don't work but still interested in mining without syncing the full chain.

{ BitSpill }
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 03:12:32 PM

I may have simply overlooked it but are there any mining pools or is this a solo only coin?

I realize it's a different SHA256 and as such standard miners don't work but still interested in mining without syncing the full chain.

Unfortunately we are still too early to have any pool mining options, it's solo mining only for now.

If you already have the BTC chain, wait a day or two for the next client release which merges the functionality of bitcoin-qt with credits-qt! Which means you only need one chain stored. 

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:21:50 PM

For the moment it's a solo mining coin. Development is however ongoing on getting pools up.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

Any news on an exchange?

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:21:54 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 03:43:06 PM by GreydonIselmoe

Any news on an exchange?

I was going to petition some other exchanges tomorrow. Soon, my friend!

Biggest priority right now is adapting cgminer and/or cudaminer to allow for GPU mining. I personally am working on creating a web wallet for Credits, and continuously fixing bugs in creditchain.org.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:34:14 PM

New release of Credits wallet tomorrow

A new release of the Credits client will be done tomorrow. This version is a major release with full added Bitcoin wallet functionality. More info to follow.

Huge disclaimer!!
Adding Bitcoin wallet functionality means the integration with the Bitcoin blockchain is no longer a one way integration and the client will work as a full Bitcoin wallet, as well as a Credits wallet. USE ONLY SMALL BITCOIN AMOUNTS THE FIRST MONTHS. Bitcoins may be lost and wallets may become corrupted. The safest way to test out the functionality is to import a single Bitcoin private key into the client with a small amount of bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: