Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:46:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57356 times)
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:32:25 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 07:55:53 AM by MRKLYE

Very exciting news Gabriel!

I'm also working on a few Credits based projects as well at the moment.

Excited for the new wallet to drop tomorrow. Smiley

*edit: My CRE faucet is down currently as I re-index my wallet.. Should be up in a few hours and all those waiting for payouts will get then. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:15:13 AM

Is there some sort of .conf file that we need for this thing to sync up? I have nothing moving on my wallet and I have downloaded the most latest version that there is

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 02:27:30 PM

Is there some sort of .conf file that we need for this thing to sync up? I have nothing moving on my wallet and I have downloaded the most latest version that there is

Nope, it should start syncing right "out of the box". If you want it to sync quicker, you can download the torrent file which includes a .zip of the blockchain, and you simply have to drag and drop the downloaded files to your appdata\roaming\bitcredit working directory, and then turn the client on Smiley

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:25:18 PM

Nope, it should start syncing right "out of the box". If you want it to sync quicker, you can download the torrent file which includes a .zip of the blockchain, and you simply have to drag and drop the downloaded files to your appdata\roaming\bitcredit working directory, and then turn the client on Smiley
Okay where do I get the download for the blockchain? If you don't mind helping me out here

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:11:55 PM

Okay where do I get the download for the blockchain? If you don't mind helping me out here

Have a look in the getting started section:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

More specifically, this post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

Send a message if you are having problems using it.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:20:47 PM

The only thing I'm having problems with now is unlocking the .torrent file? Like I've never dealt with a file like that before so how do I unlock that before I put it in the %appdata% roaming file?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 06:30:57 PM

The only thing I'm having problems with now is unlocking the .torrent file? Like I've never dealt with a file like that before so how do I unlock that before I put it in the %appdata% roaming file?

.torrent files are used by torrent clients to download p2p.

I'd suggest googling utorrent and using it as a client to download your files. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:55:01 PM

I'd suggest googling utorrent and using it as a client to download your files. Smiley
Thanks mate I'm already a step ahead of ya there and got it opening up now so after it's opened I just add it to the %appdata% roaming folder then and restart my wallet?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:12:15 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 07:24:18 PM by MRKLYE

Thanks mate I'm already a step ahead of ya there and got it opening up now so after it's opened I just add it to the %appdata% roaming folder then and restart my wallet?

When you copy the files over make sure to de-select read only.
Then start your client with -checklevel=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

*edit: I am an idiot.. use -checklevel=2 not -reindex=2

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:17:24 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 04:15:14 AM by GreydonIselmoe

Then start your client with -reindex=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

Whoa whoa, not reindex. He means -checklevel=2

Once you unzip the file you downloaded, replace this folder %appdata%\Roaming\bitcredit with the one you downloaded! Smiley

The way you start programs with an "argument" such as -checklevel=2, is you open up command prompt and type "cd .." until you get to your C: drive, and then "cd Program Files' (or cd Program Files (x86) depending on whether you installed it as 32-bit or 64-bit). then "cd Credits".

You should be inside your Credits installation folder, and just type "start credits-qt.exe -checklevel=2"

Happy mining/whatever you want to do with Credits Smiley If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and you can also PM me.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:58:46 PM

Then start your client with -reindex=2 and you should be good to go by the end of the day. Smiley

Whoa whoa, not reindex. He means -checklevel=2

Once you unzip the file you downloaded, replace this folder %appdata%\Roaming\bitcredit with the one you downloaded! Smiley

The way you start programs with an "argument" such as -checklevel=2, is you open up command prompt and type "cd .." until you get to your C: drive, and then "cd Program Files' (or cd Program Files (x86) depending on whether you installed it as 32-bit or 64-bit). then "cd Credits".

You should be inside your Credits installation folder, and just type "start credits-qt -checklevel=2"

Happy mining/whatever you want to do with Credits Smiley If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and you can also PM me.
Okay so let me get this straight!! Once the file is done downloading then I replace the entire Bitcredits %appdata%roaming file with that downloaded file then restart my wallet? I just want to make sure that I do everything right here Smiley Also how do you mine these credits?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:25:35 PM

Okay so let me get this straight!! Once the file is done downloading then I replace the entire Bitcredits %appdata%roaming file with that downloaded file then restart my wallet? I just want to make sure that I do everything right here Smiley Also how do you mine these credits?

Just be advised that it's a hefty download, it's 40GB since it includes the whole Bitcoin blockchain. It's worth installing it though and there's a newcomer reward handed out to people who install the wallet and start mining.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:51:45 PM

Hi Dev,

Is there a step to step guide to getting it working on ubuntu?

Like a idiots guide, run this command then this.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 10:11:14 PM

Hi Dev,

I'm running it on ubuntu, and its this easy:

1. Download the client binaries.

2. Open up terminal, navigate to the folder that you just downloaded.

3. When you're in the directory that has the credits-cli, creditsd, and credits-qt files: type 'sudo chmod +x credits-qt;

4. To run it, simply type './credits-qt'

And off you go to the races!

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 10:13:57 PM

That is correct! To start mining, once your client is synced, open up credits-qt and go to the "help" tab, and open the Credits Debug window.

1. Type 'setgenerate true -1' to use 100% of your CPU

2. Type 'setgenerate true 4' to use 4 cores of your CPU

3. etc. You get the idea. To check your hashrate, and other info, you can type 'getmininginfo' !

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:16:44 PM

So what kind of newcomers treat does one get for downloading the entire blockchain? I'm just curious as to what I can expect to get when this is finished downloading Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 10:19:39 PM

So what kind of newcomers treat does one get for downloading the entire blockchain? I'm just curious as to what I can expect to get when this is finished downloading Smiley

10 CRE, a little startup bonus, nothing too too special. If you want to hop on and chat on our IRC, you can connect with any IRC client or use https://kiwiirc.com/client and join #CreditsCurrency Smiley

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:23:45 PM

10 CRE, a little startup bonus, nothing too too special. If you want to hop on and chat on our IRC, you can connect with any IRC client or use https://kiwiirc.com/client and join #CreditsCurrency Smiley
Cool I'll join you guys there soon I just have to go for a smoke first Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:26:28 PM

Hi Dev,

I'm running it on ubuntu, and its this easy:

1. Download the client binaries.

2. Open up terminal, navigate to the folder that you just downloaded.

3. When you're in the directory that has the credits-cli, creditsd, and credits-qt files: type 'sudo chmod +x credits-qt;

4. To run it, simply type './credits-qt'

And off you go to the races!
It's surprising that you have a higher hash rate on Ubuntu Tongue Maybe ill install it myself 

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:25:04 AM

Version 0.9.1.40 of Credits client released. Bitcoin functionality integrated

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with full added Bitcoin wallet functionality.

- Bitcoin functionality enabled, sending/receiving capabilities as well as overview and transaction history
- several fixes added to enable the use of getwork
- Major GUI improvements

Huge disclaimer!!
Adding Bitcoin wallet functionality means the integration with the Bitcoin blockchain is no longer a one way integration and the client will work as a full Bitcoin wallet, as well as a Credits wallet. USE ONLY SMALL BITCOIN AMOUNTS THE FIRST MONTHS. Bitcoins may be lost and wallets may become corrupted. The safest way to test out the functionality is to import a single Bitcoin private key into the client with a small amount of bitcoins.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: