Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57356 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:33:24 PM

Got this after downloading like 75+% of the block chain  Cry

Uninstalled/reinstalled still the same.

Not good.

Open a command line, move to the dir where the client is installed. Enter this:
c:> Credits-Qt.exe -reindex=1

That will start a reindex of your blockchain. This can take a long time, on a quad qore i7, about 9 hours.

Unfortunately there is no other way, right now.

Join the IRC channel for quick support:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/
#CreditsCurrency

If the problem persists, you might want to download the blockchain from a torrent instead:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517
I did download the torrent before I loaded the wallet and now everytime I load the wallet it says that there is a false claim or something and closes the wallet on me?

Yes, and from the problem as you describe it this is probably what you have to do:

Open a command line, in the command line, move to the dir where the client is installed. Enter this:
Credits-Qt.exe -reindex=1

That will start a reindex of your blockchain. This can take a long time, on a quad qore i7, about 9 hours.

so run a c: command prompt and enter what you just typed right there and then that might fix my problem?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:42:24 PM

I did download the torrent before I loaded the wallet and now everytime I load the wallet it says that there is a false claim or something and closes the wallet on me?

Yes, and from the problem as you describe it this is probably what you have to do:

Open a command line, in the command line, move to the dir where the client is installed. Enter this:

so run a c: command prompt and enter what you just typed right there and then that might fix my problem?

Yes. But be aware, on a quad core i7, a reindex takes about 9 hours. On a slower comp, more.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:00:54 PM

Yes. But be aware, on a quad core i7, a reindex takes about 9 hours. On a slower comp, more.
Okay I did that and it loaded the bitcredit_qt.exe and said done downloading like right fast? Is that normal?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:14:45 PM

Now when I load the wallet it is telling me I have a datadir error and a runtime error so I'm lost on how to get this thing going folks?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:15:21 PM

Okay I did that and it loaded the bitcredit_qt.exe and said done downloading like right fast? Is that normal?

Yes, from your description I would say it's normal.

There should be two bars at the bottom showing the progress of the reindex. A reindex reads all blocks from disk and rebuilds a number of internal databases in the working directory. It can appear as if the client is downloading blocks really fast.

See this link for some more information about how to see when the blockchain is in sync:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:17:31 PM

Now when I load the wallet it is telling me I have a datadir error and a runtime error so I'm lost on how to get this thing going folks?

Are you closing the wallet with the normal menu items or the red x int the wallet window (the normal way)?

If you force close the wallet, you could cause data corruption.

Start the client with -reindex, this time let it run it's course, and like I said. It takes several hours to do it. I would recommend leaving the wallet open overnight when doing a reindex.

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:01:00 PM

To start it with the -reindex flag, you can move to the directory that has credits-qt.exe in it, and type: 'start credits-qt.exe -reindex'

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:14:39 PM

To start it with the -reindex flag, you can move to the directory that has credits-qt.exe in it, and type: 'start credits-qt.exe -reindex'

Okay I will try that then what I iniitially did was delete the wallet and the %appdata% roaming folder and now I'm extracting the .torrent folder again to start from scratch since I didn't have any credits yet anyways but if all works out I will send you my address for the free 10 credits k guys Smiley Thanks again for all the help

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:41:14 PM

Okay I will try that then what I iniitially did was delete the wallet and the %appdata% roaming folder and now I'm extracting the .torrent folder again to start from scratch since I didn't have any credits yet anyways but if all works out I will send you my address for the free 10 credits k guys Smiley Thanks again for all the help

Ok, but if you do that, it's better to just start the wallet like normal.

Then it should sync in about an hour. Be careful to not force close the wallet. Internal databases may get messed up.

crazytrain

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:54:32 PM

Where Can I buy this coin ?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:02:24 PM

It is not established on any exchanges yet, but hard work is ongoing to get it there.

In the meantime, ask on this thread, or in the IRC channel referenced in the OP. Among other, MRKLYE here on this forum is trading. He can be found on IRC as well.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:57:27 PM

Then it should sync in about an hour. Be careful to not force close the wallet. Internal databases may get messed up.
Okay here is what I'm going to do right now is I'm going to put the extracted .torrent file Bitcredit into the roaming folder before I open the wallet.  Is that a good idea? Then the wallet wouldn't have to create one on it's own right?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:24:57 PM

Okay here is what I'm going to do right now is I'm going to put the extracted .torrent file Bitcredit into the roaming folder before I open the wallet.  Is that a good idea? Then the wallet wouldn't have to create one on it's own right?

Backup your wallet  "Or don't bother if don't have any coins"

Delete the appdata/roaming/bitcredit folder

Extract the bitcredit.zip file into appdata/roaming

Right click on the extracted Bitcredit folder and uncheck read only - Click OK - apply changes to folder  subfolders and files

Copy wallet back to appdata/roaming/Bitcredit  "if you backed one up"

Go to your bitcredit-qt executable

Right click and select create shortcut

Right click on the newly created shortcut and select properties

In the target field add -checklevel=2 at the end of the path:   bitcredit-qt.exe -checklevel=2

Launch Credits from the shortcut

Wait

It may seem like it isn't doing anything and it might stay stuck for a long time when synching the Credits blockchain.  Just wait.  It will synch up.  Do NOT close the wallet until it finishes which will take hours.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:49:18 PM

I can sell you some but otherwise nowhere for now.

Others are waiting for GPU/Asics mining so that they get more coins and then they'll ask for an exchange to sell them.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:04:58 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:26:48 AM by Gabriel Eiger

Version 0.9.1.41 of Credits client released. GPU miner integrated!

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with GPU mining capabilities released as a complimentary download.

- GPU mining integrated as a separate download.
- txindex fixed, which will enable a lot of different services around the coin
- Bug fixes.
- Preparations for pooling integrated

The GPU miner works currently only for Windows and with Nvidia cards. Work is ongoing for enabling AMD as well. Be careful when GPU mining. Too hard load on the graphics card could damage the card and the computer. See guidance in the getting started with GPU mining post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776&p=2371#p2371.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 12:16:38 AM

Version 0.9.1.41 of Credits client released. GPU miner integrated!

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with GPU mining capabilities released as a complimentary download.

- GPU mining integrated as a separate download.
- txindex fixed, which will enable a lot of different services around the coin
- Bug fixes.
- Preparations for pooling integrated

The GPU miner works currently only for Windows and with Nvidia cards. Work is ongoing for enabling AMD as well. Be careful when GPU mining. Too hard load on the graphics card could damage the card and the computer. See guidance in the getting started with GPU mining post:
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776&p=2371#p2371.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Yahooo! Now I can get the block explorer fully functional! Nice work gabe, and kudos to djm32 for developing a working GPU miner!

Off to the races!

striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:21:45 AM

Nice to see the project is alive and well!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:24:41 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:40:33 AM by Gabriel Eiger

Nice to see the project is alive and well!

Yes, I think so too.

I'm planning on writing a longer post tomorrow on why this GPU integration had to be rushed. But that will be tomorrow.

striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:41:19 AM

Well I'm still here just mining away and watching but I'll pop by and say hi once and awhile cant wait for it to hit an exchange!  Grin

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:49:47 AM

So right now you can only use GPU mining on this coin? and what would the .conf file for solo mining look like? Are there talks about getting ASICS to be able to mine this coin as well?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: