Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57356 times)
keeper of the seven keys

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:27:11 AM

I want to buy some of this coin.  Cool

This thing is looking moonshoot.
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:08:56 AM

Good news...
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:06:40 AM

I want to buy some of this coin.  Cool

This thing is looking moonshoot.

Talk to KLYE here on the forum or in the IRC channel. He's running a buy/sell ledger.

I would recommend you to download the wallet, sync it and start mining. There's still good opportunity to there. Just say hi in the IRC channel, people are helpful there.

Also, a welcome bonus of 10 CRE will be handed out to you if you install the wallet and get it into sync.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:33:09 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 01:29:58 PM by Gabriel Eiger

GPU sgminer (AMD graphic cards) soon to be released!

Work is almost done with the development of the sgminer integration. The integration will enable people with AMD graphic cards to do GPU mining.

With this release a bug has also been discovered and corrected. That bug will prevent mining without extra deposits after block 32200. This is not part of the protocol and the bug has been corrected. This bug should have little no effect on the network, block 32200 is three months away so there is plenty of time to upgrade.

All users are recommended to upgrade to this new release version once it is out.

Expected release date is two to three days. Watch this space!

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
waffles99

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:08:05 PM

Good to see the updates, Will there be pools available for amd gpu mining? Are people just going solo with cudaminer at this time?
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 05:46:11 PM

Good to see the updates, Will there be pools available for amd gpu mining? Are people just going solo with cudaminer at this time?

Pools are under development, but a modification is needed in ccminer and sgminer to allow for stratum mining Smiley

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:41:31 AM

Pools are under development, but a modification is needed in ccminer and sgminer to allow for stratum mining Smiley

Any update?
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 06:08:18 AM

Any update?

According to gabriel, the next version of the wallet will most likely have pool-mining capabilities, meaning I could get my pool ready. Smiley

Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:15:18 AM

This will be good coin
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:28:17 PM

Now only if we knew what the price will be for credits once it hits an exchange...  Wink

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:32:45 PM

Have they figured out ASIC mining with this coin yet? I see it says SHA256 for the algorithm so I was wondering if anyone figured out how to mine it with ASICS yet?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:57:29 PM

Have they figured out ASIC mining with this coin yet? I see it says SHA256 for the algorithm so I was wondering if anyone figured out how to mine it with ASICS yet?

It may or may not even work with Bitcoin ASICs.
Hmmm weird why would that be?  I figured if it was the same algorithm that it would be able to be mined with the same hardware used to mine that algorithm no?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 09:54:54 PM

It may or may not even work with Bitcoin ASICs.
Hmmm weird why would that be?  I figured if it was the same algorithm that it would be able to be mined with the same hardware used to mine that algorithm no?

It's because ASIC's are built to calculate with a certain specific block header, which most sha256 coins have the same layout for. Credits has a differently arranged and bigger block header, which is why GPU miners had to be re-coded for Credits. We're still investigating whether ASIC mining is possible at this point Smiley

waffles99

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:11:53 AM

fpga  Wink
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:06:17 PM

Version 0.9.1.50 of Credits client released. GPU mining for AMD integrated !

A new release of the Credits client is out now. This version is a major release with GPU mining for AMD graphic cards capabilities released as a complimentary download.

- Version number bumped to *.50 to indicate major new functionality included.
- The client now has support for using sgminer (AMD graphic cards) for GPU mining.
- Several problematic areas with the getwork command has been fixed.
- The rpc command getwork has been fixed in preparation for adaption to pooled mining.
- A problematic bug that will force users to add extra deposits after block 32200 has been fixed.
- The deposit protocol has been adjusted to shift to exponential enforcement of deposits instead of linear at monetary base 8.160 MCRE (approximately block 140000).
- Bug fixes.

The GPU miner works currently only for Windows. Be careful when GPU mining. Too hard load on the graphics card could damage the card and the computer. See guidance in the getting started with GPU mining post:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776&p=2371#p2371.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Getting started instructions can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 09:07:01 PM

Woohoo! AMD card users rejoice! Unfortunately I don't have any AMD cards so I'll stick to my ccminer setup Wink
I'm sure this release will be well received by the community Smiley Pools are now getting that much closer to reality!

johnnysof

Activity: 534

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:40:49 AM

I'm getting an error while synchronizing the credit wallet (bitcoin is already sync)
It hapens at the coin age of 5 weeks.

"Error moving claim tip. "Expected active credits block: 0000000078.....0004f, was 000000001b......203a."
"Credits Failed to connect best block"
Only option is to pres OK and the wallet closes/crashes...
Tried also the older versions, but same issue.
Any advise on that?

Thanks.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:14:22 AM

I'm getting an error while synchronizing the credit wallet (bitcoin is already sync)

"Error moving claim tip. "Expected active credits block: 0000000078.....0004f, was 000000001b......203a."
Any advise on that?

Thanks.
you can start from the torrent then once it is sync'ed make a copy of the data, just in case...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:22:11 AM

Any advise on that?

Thanks.

It means your blockchain is corrupt, but Gabriel is actively working on a fix to reduce/completely fix this issue. For now, if you have the blockchain downloaded from the torrent file,you can simply delete the bitcoin_block, bitcoin_chainstate, bitcoin_chainstatecla, bitcredit_blocks, and bitcredit_chainstate folders. Once you have those deleted, you replace them with the files downloaded via torrent!

If you haven't downloaded the torrent yet, you'll need to either:
1. Download the torrent for future and current use Wink
2. start credits-qt from the command line with the REINDEX option true, which will take ~8-14 hours depending on your system's CPU speed.

2a) Open up command prompt and navigate to where you have the credits-qt.exe located.
2b) type: start credits-qt.exe -checklevel=2 -reindex

Wait
Huh?
Profit!

Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:44:24 AM

Any advise on that?

Thanks.

"2a) Open up command prompt and navigate to where you have the credits-qt.exe located.
2b) type: start credits-qt.exe -checklevel=2 -reindex"

Or you could download the Bitcoin blockchain and reinstall the credits client along with its binaries. Cheesy Reindexing is a pain and takes forever. :I

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: