Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57349 times)
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:04:30 AM

Interesting, i didn't thinked i will say this buy klye was right, CRE is a thing, atleast i got the blockchain downloaded gonna get it asap.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:27:23 AM

Is the CPU hashing speed of Credit similar to bitcoin CPU hashing rate?
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:06:40 PM

Yeah, but it's not extremely viable to CPU mine against the GPU mines, unless you have a CPU farm or something along those lines Smiley

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Eastwind

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:09:16 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 06:19:50 PM by Eastwind

Yeah, but it's not extremely viable to CPU mine against the GPU mines, unless you have a CPU farm or something along those lines Smiley

Is it possible to set the number of threads/cpu cores for mining? Which SSE instruction set is required? I have the G1610.

What is the total hash rate at present?

What is the speed for stock 280X?
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:08:13 PM

Is it possible to set the number of threads/cpu cores for mining? Which SSE instruction set is required? I have the G1610.

What is the total hash rate at present?

What is the speed for stock 280X?

I don't have the 280X, but I think I remember a user saying they were getting 700 MH/s or around there.

Total hashrate dropped from 4 Gh/s to around 2.4 Gh/s in the last couple days as BTCtalk was down, but is recovering. We think a user had a GPU rig with a couple high end cards, but he switched his rig off for a bit.

As for CPU mining, I'm not familiar with the exact SSE instructions but I know you can set the # of threads used with the command from the wallet's debug window: "setgenerate true NumberOfCoresHere"

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:30:46 PM

Up until a few days ago, I've been having problems getting the client to sync. Like for hours on end, it would just stick and not update the blockchain for bitcoin and sometimes credits. Finally got it all working with the new client. So hopefully I won't receive any more movingclaimtip:00 errors.  Wink

Wohoo! Great to have you back with a wallet running. And, the new client is planned to be more stable. So, fingers crossed.

Welcome back. Get a miner running. I know I have. Smiley

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:45:50 PM

Large reduction of working dir for Credits, preliminary test results and release plan

Test are ongoing with trimming of the built in Bitcoin blockchain to reduce the size of the working directory. Preliminary results indicate that large reductions are possible.

A test trimming of the testnet working dir has been done.
Size before reduction, 2.77GB.
Size after reduction, 0.7GB.
This is a reduction to 25% of the original size. Larger gains are expected on mainnet.

The target size for mainnet is 3-8GB.

Further announcements will be done here soon. Release planned to be done within a week.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:14:19 PM

a design i did that never won

Grin
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 11:42:35 PM

You made that for a previous coin that was also called Credits? I think Gabriel was looking for a graphic designer for some infographics and general banners also, He'll see this when he wakes up and most likely PM you haha.

Large reduction of working dir for Credits, preliminary test results and release plan

Test are ongoing with trimming of the built in Bitcoin blockchain to reduce the size of the working directory. Preliminary results indicate that large reductions are possible.

A test trimming of the testnet working dir has been done.
Size before reduction, 2.77GB.
Size after reduction, 0.7GB.
This is a reduction to 25% of the original size. Larger gains are expected on mainnet.

The target size for mainnet is 3-8GB.

Further announcements will be done here soon. Release planned to be done within a week.

Nice work man, this is such a huge move! More users will be able to get credits running on their machine, and make the rest of our lives so much easier. Infinite vibes.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:18:38 AM

Hi there.

yes, we are interested in getting a graphic profile in place. Send me a PM here if you are interested.

Do note that this is Credits/CRE - a currency started about two months ago. It has no relation to any other currency.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:01:32 PM

A request for comments has been posted in the alt coin section. It is listed here below as well, for ease of reference.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074489.new#new

-----------------------------------------

This is a request for comments regarding updates to the Credits difficulty retarget algorithm.

Background:
The Credit blockchain is generated from a combined proof-of-work/proof-of-deposit system. This deposit system is still coming into effect as the blockchain evolves and it will start to have larger effects on the block creation process in approximately two months time. At the moment it is unknown what the effects on the difficulty and block creation process will be when deposit starts to have a larger impact. An adjustment of the difficulty retargeting mechanism is therefore suggested, to allow for faster adaption of the difficulty in case of varying deposit and processing power inputs. Faster adaption of the difficulty will also prevent the block creation process from being stuck to long in a too high difficulty.

Suggested adjustment:
Credits has so far been using the same difficulty retargeting mechanism as Bitcoin. That means that an adjustment of the difficulty happens every 2016 block. If the block creation process has been longer than two weeks for the latest 2016 blocks, the difficulty will rise, and it will fall if the block creation process has been faster. The difficulty adjustment is capped with a factor of 4 up or down, to prevent too large swings in difficulty.

The suggested adjustment of the retargeting mechanism is to have more frequent adjustments, with a lower cap for each adjustment. The retargeting period should be lowered to 1/8 of 2016 blocks, which means a difficulty adjustment every 252 blocks. The cap would be a factor of 1.25 for each period, giving a maximum difficulty adjustment of 5.96 over a period of 2016 blocks, as compared to Bitcoins 4.

An alternative proposal would be adjustment every 504 blocks, with a cap of 1.5. This would give a maximum adjustment of 5.06 for every 2016 blocks.

The new retargeting algorithm would be scheduled to start to have effect somewhere at block 24000 to 26000, or later if deemed necessary.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:09:02 AM

A request for comments has been posted in the alt coin section. It is listed here below as well, for ease of reference.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074489.new#new

-----------------------------------------

This is a request for comments regarding updates to the Credits difficulty retarget algorithm.

Background:
The Credit blockchain is generated from a combined proof-of-work/proof-of-deposit system. This deposit system is still coming into effect as the blockchain evolves and it will start to have larger effects on the block creation process in approximately two months time. At the moment it is unknown what the effects on the difficulty and block creation process will be when deposit starts to have a larger impact. An adjustment of the difficulty retargeting mechanism is therefore suggested, to allow for faster adaption of the difficulty in case of varying deposit and processing power inputs. Faster adaption of the difficulty will also prevent the block creation process from being stuck to long in a too high difficulty.

Suggested adjustment:
Credits has so far been using the same difficulty retargeting mechanism as Bitcoin. That means that an adjustment of the difficulty happens every 2016 block. If the block creation process has been longer than two weeks for the latest 2016 blocks, the difficulty will rise, and it will fall if the block creation process has been faster. The difficulty adjustment is capped with a factor of 4 up or down, to prevent too large swings in difficulty.

The suggested adjustment of the retargeting mechanism is to have more frequent adjustments, with a lower cap for each adjustment. The retargeting period should be lowered to 1/8 of 2016 blocks, which means a difficulty adjustment every 252 blocks. The cap would be a factor of 1.25 for each period, giving a maximum difficulty adjustment of 5.96 over a period of 2016 blocks, as compared to Bitcoins 4.

An alternative proposal would be adjustment every 504 blocks, with a cap of 1.5. This would give a maximum adjustment of 5.06 for every 2016 blocks.

The new retargeting algorithm would be scheduled to start to have effect somewhere at block 24000 to 26000, or later if deemed necessary.

Just gave my opinion, anyone agree/disagree with me?

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:49:29 AM

just testing out some different graphics techniques

Grin
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:46:00 AM

Is the bitcoin chain just used to clam the Credits at the moment? Are we going to move something back to BTC blockchain? If not, then there is no point in keep the large disk space occupied.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:42:26 PM

Is the bitcoin chain just used to clam the Credits at the moment? Are we going to move something back to BTC blockchain? If not, then there is no point in keep the large disk space occupied.

Nothing is moved back to the BTC chain. Within a few days, a version trimming away older parts of the Bitcoin blockchain will be released. Tests are ongoing as we speak,

Eastwind

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:20:46 AM

Nothing is moved back to the BTC chain. Within a few days, a version trimming away older parts of the Bitcoin blockchain will be released. Tests are ongoing as we speak,

So the BTC blockchain is just used for claiming the Credits. That is just like giving away Credits to BTC owners to attract new users? How many Credits have been claimed?

I think the major new features are PoD and S curve emission. 15 mins block time is also good. In the future, if Credits have more transactions, the block time can be reduced.

Is there any other PoD coin?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:04:02 AM

So the BTC blockchain is just used for claiming the Credits. That is just like giving away Credits to BTC owners to attract new users? How many Credits have been claimed?

I think the major new features are PoD and S curve emission. 15 mins block time is also good. In the future, if Credits have more transactions, the block time can be reduced.

Is there any other PoD coin?

Yes, it is like giving away Credits to BTC users, but some key points are good to keep in mind:
1. It is not a snapshot in time but keeping track of the current state of BTC ownership. So it is continually offered up to any current BTC user, minus the coins that already has been claimed.
2. By offering a part (the major part actually) of the system to BTC owners, the chain is reinforced with the effort put into creating each Bitcoin into the Credits blockchain. It's as much a matter of security; getting a wide distribution as possible, as solving the initial distribution problem. It is also a way to offer a conversion path and give incentives for users of a system with certain weaknesses, namely the security and efficiency aspects of pure proof-of-work, to another system where those issues (probably) has been solved.

Not many Bitcoins have been claimed so far, all the info is in the blockchain and I expect the claiming to start to have more effect once Credits gets more well known.

It should also be noted that the Credits wallet works as a combined Bitcoin/Credits wallet since the information to send/receive BTC is already there. So the Bitcoin blockchain is actually used for something else than just claiming.

There are no other PoD coin around, although the system has similarities with proof of stake systems. Note that the system is a combined pos/pod system, to solve the so called nothing-at-stake problem. The claiming system is also a key functionality in this aspect.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:12:59 AM

Results from tests trimming the working directory

Preliminary tests in trimming the working directory of Credits indicate that substantial gains can be found.

Size before trimming, approximately 45GB
Size after trimming, approximately 12GB

Further gains can be had, but it requires large changes to the internal functionality of Credits, to decouple the Bitcoin blockchain further. This development will be performed in the following months.

There are two main drawbacks to shrinking the working dir by trimming older Bitcoin blocks:
1. -reindex CAN NOT be done after the Bitcoin blockchain has been trimmed. This should not be a problem under normal usage.
2. It is for the time being unclear if -bitcoin_rescan will work as intended. This usually does not matter for a regular Credits user.

As soon as a new version of the wallet is ready for release, more info will be posted here.

Eastwind

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:36:49 AM

Preliminary tests in trimming the working directory of Credits indicate that substantial gains can be found.

Further gains can be had, but it requires large changes to the internal functionality of Credits, to decouple the Bitcoin blockchain further. This development will be performed in the following months.

There are two main drawbacks to shrinking the working dir by trimming older Bitcoin blocks:
1. -reindex CAN NOT be done after the Bitcoin blockchain has been trimmed. This should not be a problem under normal usage.
2. It is for the time being unclear if -bitcoin_rescan will work as intended. This usually does not matter for a regular Credits user.

As soon as a new version of the wallet is ready for release, more info will be posted here.

Thanks for all the efforts. After the trimming, can we still use the BTC blockchain to send/receive with bitcoin Core?
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:32:21 PM

Thanks for all the efforts. After the trimming, can we still use the BTC blockchain to send/receive with bitcoin Core?

Yes, you will still be able to perform all functions except those two listed above Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: