Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57358 times)
pugwilfy

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:33:00 PM

I'll redo it tonight, is there any way to make this process easier in future?

Which process are you referring to? The process of backing up your working directory?
no the process of getting started as a new guy
pugwilfy

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:50:57 PM

right i've just redone my backup (whilst the program was shut)  Roll Eyes and installed it on my other PC to test and it works fine, so currently uploading to google again and i'll re send the link later it might even be morning now looking at the time.

i'll be leaving the wallet on my other computer which is my media pc running all the time to add as another connection to hopefully help with wallet syncs
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:55:49 PM

ok just had a look in my working directory and a lot of the first blocks are 0 i dont know why this is but my wallet is working fine with them like that, it is the same in the torrent file aswell

That most of the Bitcoin block files are 0 in size is quite correct. Older blocks get trimmed to preserve disk space.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:58:16 PM

Ok got same problem as you now on my other computer so will see if I can sort it later sorry for this

What is the problem you are having? Sorry for dropping in out of the blue, but there where quite a lot of comments so if you refer the exact problem I might be able to help out.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:15:58 PM

jep .

what does your .RAR shown in dir bitcoin_blocks ?

0 Size ? . I mean not ALL are 0 Sizes
till Block 00235 = 0 Size
and CLA.dat mostly 0 Size

This is correct. All Bitcoin blocks that are approx 150000 blocks down and below are deleted to preserve disk space.

glen123
Legendary

Activity: 1028
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:21:21 PM

jep .

This is correct. All Bitcoin blocks that are approx 150000 blocks down and below are deleted to preserve disk space.

thanks for informing . Will later give it another try

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:44:49 PM

jep .

thanks for informing . Will later give it another try

Ok I'll be looking out for calls for help here.

gampher

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:47:29 PM

As per PM,
My CRE Address for Giveaway  is - 13rRmTpF2PHdZjhsG5hGAJwhF9GSoXYfSa
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:51:34 PM

As per PM,

A welcome bonus of 10 CRE sent your way.

I can highly recommend that you download the wallet and set up a graphics card miner. Mining pays well right now. Might not do that in a month.

As a reminder to everyone else - new users are given a welcome bonus if they download and install the wallet. PM me for further info.

pugwilfy

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:25:43 PM

Ok got same problem as you now on my other computer so will see if I can sort it later sorry for this

What is the problem you are having? Sorry for dropping in out of the blue, but there where quite a lot of comments so if you refer the exact problem I might be able to help out.

I had a silly moment I backed up my folders to help glen out but because I did it whilst the wallet was running it corrupted them, I am in the process of reuploading some working folders to help people sync up 😊
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:00:51 PM

As per PM,

I can highly recommend that you download the wallet and set up a graphics card miner. Mining pays well right now. Might not do that in a month.

As a reminder to everyone else - new users are given a welcome bonus if they download and install the wallet. PM me for further info.

Installed the client. So giveaway is still on? My address is - 1LdbzH1LtEJzHwmdchyB7UsKvDPqKC1Tuc
I don't have graphics card  Undecided So no mining?  Lips sealed

gampher

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:07:46 PM

As per PM,

Thanks, Received My CRE  Grin
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:13:06 PM

I had a silly moment I backed up my folders to help glen out but because I did it whilst the wallet was running it corrupted them, I am in the process of reuploading some working folders to help people sync up 😊

Aha, too bad. Smiley So the corruption where due to live modifications when the wallet was running?

Hope you didn't hurt your wallet files!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:16:33 PM

As per PM,

Installed the client. So giveaway is still on? My address is - 1LdbzH1LtEJzHwmdchyB7UsKvDPqKC1Tuc
I don't have graphics card  Undecided So no mining?  Lips sealed

Giveaways are still on! Sent you 10 CRE.

You can mine without a graphics card, but the diff is quite high so it will be difficult to find blocks...

aahzmundus

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:27:57 PM

As per PM,

I don't have graphics card  Undecided So no mining?  Lips sealed

Giveaways are still on! Sent you 10 CRE.

You can mine without a graphics card, but the diff is quite high so it will be difficult to find blocks...

And to add on the pain, I sold my PC and bought a new laptop, so it won't be worth to mine with that. I had AsicMiners and Great Graphic Cards but sold them few time back.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:38:22 PM

And to add on the pain, I sold my PC and bought a new laptop, so it won't be worth to mine with that. I had AsicMiners and Great Graphic Cards but sold them few time back.

Too bad...

aahzmundus

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:41:36 PM

Too bad...

Yes really.
I did a quick google about CRE to BTC Exchange but couldn't find one. So no exchange accepted CRE yet? If not, so no trades going on? How about making a thread in altcoins' marketplace board for buying and selling CRE and users will post the amount of CRE they want to buy or Sell.

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 11:46:36 PM

Too bad...

Yes really.
I did a quick google about CRE to BTC Exchange but couldn't find one. So no exchange accepted CRE yet? If not, so no trades going on? How about making a thread in altcoins' marketplace board for buying and selling CRE and users will post the amount of CRE they want to buy or Sell.

That's actaully a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of that. Currently I'm implementing a way to transfer your CRE to BTC and vice versa, on creditsdice.com

However, it's not a real exchange as you can make bid/asks and the price will move at a fixed rate depending on the amount of buy volume or sell volume.

We are working on getting onto exchanges as we speak, and Gabriel is looking into opening his own as well!

pugwilfy

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:01:03 AM

ok folks if you are looking to speed syncing up as a new user below is a link from my own google drive please follow the instructions here http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517 which should enable you to sync within 10-20 minutes of copying files to correct place. i believe it should take no longer than 30 minutes to download the file, so you should have wallet working within an hour which is a damn sight quicker than letting it update itself

blocks and chain database 07/06/15
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9szBWjac2nqNjI3U185ay0zVWs/view?usp=sharing
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:48:55 AM

ok folks if you are looking to speed syncing up as a new user below is a link from my own google drive please follow the instructions here http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517 which should enable you to sync within 10-20 minutes of copying files to correct place. i believe it should take no longer than 30 minutes to download the file, so you should have wallet working within an hour which is a damn sight quicker than letting it update itself

blocks and chain database 07/06/15
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9szBWjac2nqNjI3U185ay0zVWs/view?usp=sharing

Great work pugwilfy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: