Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:15:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57354 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:48:14 PM

Coming release update, preliminary improvements report

The coming release will, among other things address speed, disk usage, and stability. Current improvements where just merged to Github:
https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/pull/28

Short summary of the effects of the improvements:
As compared to the latest version .60, it is 3-4 times faster parsing blocks, and has a disk footprint that is more than 50% smaller.
As compared to the version where no disk optimisations had been done, 0.52, it is about 3 times faster, and has a disk footprint that is only 25% of the original disk usage.

Tests are ongoing on mainnet, but even larger gains are expected there. Target are a disk footprint of 4 GB, and about twice the parsing (syncing) speed than before.

The following table summaries time to make a reindex, which is very similar to block parsing performance, and the space used on disk. The table show values for version .52, .60 and the coming version .70.

Version.52.60.70
Time to reindex72 min82 min24 min
Disk usage after reindex3.31 GB1.4 GB0.91 GB

This coming release is a MAJOR update, and should be tested carefully before a full conversion is done. Most important, as ever, is to make several backup copies of credits_wallet.dat before any upgrades are done!

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:40:49 AM

Thanks for all the efforts. Please release it after through test. There is no need to rush.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:25:55 PM

What is the targeted block time?

In the OP, it says 15 min.

In http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=510
It says:
The target time for block creation is 10 minutes. This means that 20 000 blocks are approximately equal to 4.7 months.
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:18:04 AM

Guys, Credits is now in 2nd place. Ratecoin is currently in the lead. Help get Credit back to first!  Shocked

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:21:45 AM

Guys, Credits is now in 2nd place. Ratecoin is currently in the lead. Help get Credit back to first!  Shocked

It is better to develop further the coin than rush to the exchange. This coin has active development.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:40:02 AM

It says:
The target time for block creation is 10 minutes. This means that 20 000 blocks are approximately equal to 4.7 months.

The target time is 10 minutes. The graphics is wrong, it was created by somebody else and there was a slight misunderstanding when it was created. Will fix OP.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:41:51 AM

No worries, I've actually been in contact with one of the guys running C-Cex and has agreed with him that it actually would be best to wait one week more to get the latest release out, before is is added to the exchange.

And don't worry, we will back back in the top spot soon. Wink

Eastwind

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:31:46 PM

It says:

The target time is 10 minutes. The graphics is wrong, it was created by somebody else and there was a slight misunderstanding when it was created. Will fix OP.

I like the 15 mins or longer block time. Credits is in distribute stage, it will not be used widely for some time. So the block confirmation time is not important. Longer block time/fewer blocks will save disk space and reduce orphan. The block size is larger than bitcoin because we have at least two entries each block.

Maybe we can increase the block time to 30 mins or longer first, then  reduce the block time gradually to coincide the adoption/use and improvement of computing speed and bandwidth. We can reduce the block time to 30S or shorter eventually. We can adjust the reward accordingly so that it is similar to original emission plan.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:37:43 PM

No worries, I've actually been in contact with one of the guys running C-Cex and has agreed with him that it actually would be best to wait one week more to get the latest release out, before is is added to the exchange.

That is a good plan. A few days/weeks after the release of the new wallet and confirm it works properly.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:12:34 PM

It says:

I like the 15 mins or longer block time. Credits is in distribute stage, it will not be used widely for some time. So the block confirmation time is not important. Longer block time/fewer blocks will save disk space and reduce orphan. The block size is larger than bitcoin because we have at least two entries each block.

Maybe we can increase the block time to 30 mins or longer first, then  reduce the block time gradually to coincide the adoption/use and improvement of computing speed and bandwidth. We can reduce the block time to 30S or shorter eventually. We can adjust the reward accordingly so that it is similar to original emission plan.

Good points all of them. For the moment I'm not going to change other things than those that are strictly necessary and shifting target time does not count among those things, unfortunately. Could scare people off. But you raise some interesting points.

Keep an eye on this space, more info coming soon.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:13:20 PM

That is a good plan. A few days/weeks after the release of the new wallet and confirm it works properly.

Completely agree. That's my intention. Stability is more important than getting things out a week ahead.

shojayxt
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:21:37 PM

Completely agree. That's my intention. Stability is more important than getting things out a week ahead.

The first thing any serious project should focus on is the technology.  You have made some very good improvements since launching this coin.  From what I have read from your posts there are some significant improvements forthcoming with regards to the footprint and syncing speed soon to be released.  There is no need to rush to an exchange until you've gotten those user friendly improvements released.  I like the current progress of this coin.  It's a refreshing change from the typical cryptocurrency "hype as fast as you can" mentality.  It's seems strange to say this because a week can be like a millennium in cryptocurrency.  But slow and steady is the way to go with this coin.  

Looking forward to the next release.  
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:25:57 PM

The first thing any serious project should focus on is the technology.  You have made some very good improvements since launching this coin.  From what I have read from your posts there are some significant improvements forthcoming with regards to the footprint and syncing speed soon to be released.  There is no need to rush to an exchange until you've gotten those user friendly improvements released.  I like the current progress of this coin.  It's a refreshing change from the typical cryptocurrency "hype as fast as you can" mentality.  It's seems strange to say this because a week can be like a millennium in cryptocurrency.  But slow and steady is the way to go with this coin.  

Looking forward to the next release.  

Thanks for the kind words and the input. Much appreciated.

Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:52:40 AM

Any new update with Credits? The forum has been quiet from some time now.  Undecided I know that Gabriel is busy with the development, but nobody has any discussion.  Sad

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:19:00 PM

Any new update with Credits? The forum has been quiet from some time now.  Undecided I know that Gabriel is busy with the development, but nobody has any discussion.  Sad

Yeah sorry, I've been busy with dev as you mention. Have some more dev info that I will post today or tomorrow.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:21:32 PM

Blockchain explorer problems solved.

There have been some problems the last two days with http://creditchain.org/. These have been solved and originated from Namecheap, who is hosting the server. It is now back online.

shojayxt
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:40:07 AM

Is it even possible to setup a pool for this coin?

How would that work with the deposit requirement and the length of time for those coins to mature?

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:28:56 AM

How would that work with the deposit requirement and the length of time for those coins to mature?

The code base is the same as bitcoin, so it is possible to set a pool.

The pool has to have some coin as a deposit, otherwise there will be penalty. There will be agreement between pool and miner about the deposit.
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 05:35:42 PM

The code base is the same as bitcoin, so it is possible to set a pool.

The pool has to have some coin as a deposit, otherwise there will be penalty. There will be agreement between pool and miner about the deposit.

I'm actually only a few days away from having a functional pool, running MPOS with modifications for CRE deposit support. We have the front end and backend functional, with the exception of the actual connection from ccminer/sgminer. Currently the connection drops as soon as you try and connect to the pool's stratum service, but we're working on it! Smiley

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:55:20 PM

Another update, CreditsDice.com is back up and functional, after some site maintenance to help bet speed and server responsiveness!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: