Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:24:14 PM

Some notes on the progress of the new release.

Preliminary results after testing on mainnet indicates that the gains from disk usage are NOT as big as anticipated. Block parsing speed improves significantly though.

I have a good sense of where the problem with the disk usage is, but needs a few more days of testing. More reporting will be done here when more analysis has been done.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
asof

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:00:46 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 02:32:25 PM by asof

1. Bug report: The wallet may stop response when the Bitcoin info window is open. This usually happens in minutes when synchronizing, and takes much longer when the block chain is up to date.

2. Suggest: General user (except the claimer, the miner, the exchange platform) who do not need very high safety level could use a option to completely do not synchronize with Bitcoin block chain. In such condition, the transaction outputs with Credits claimed from Bitcoin (or atomic swapped from Bitcoin in future version of Credits) should be marked immature before enough conformations of the claim transaction, for example, 1000 conformations.

Of course, I do think the current optimization on disk usage and block parsing speed should be on the highest priority.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:31:41 PM

1. Bug report: The wallet may stop response when the Bitcoin info window is open. This usually happens in minutes when synchronizing, and takes much longer when the block chain is up to date.

2. Suggest: General user (except the claimer, the miner, the exchange platform) who do not need very high safety level could use a option to completely do not synchronize with Bitcoin block chain. In such condition, the transaction outputs with Credits claimed from Bitcoin (or atomic swapped from Bitcoin in future version of Credits) should be marked immature before enough conformations of the claim transaction, for example, 1000 conformations.

Of course, I do think the current optimization on disk usage and block parsing speed should be on the highest priority.

Thank you very much for the input.

1. Very good that you report on this. I'll keep my eyes open for signs of that type of locking in the new (unreleased) version.

2. Good idea. I've been thinking about it myself, just not sure exactly how it should be solved, since full validation of the Credits blockchain requires the Bitcoin blockchain as well. But maybe a flag to disable that whole part of the validation. I will consider it and try to find a good way to implement it.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:34:03 PM

Status of creditchain.org

Since we where having major problems with the hosting on Namecheap the creditchain.org server is being migrated to Amazon. The process is currently ongoing and creditchain will hopefully be back in service within a day or two.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 11:29:38 PM

creditchain.org is back online

I'm happy to announce that creditchain.org is back online and has been transferred to amazon for better hosting. Hopefully it will run smoother from now on.

Destined

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:47:32 PM

So any update on this exchange? Wink
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:28:46 PM

So any update on this exchange? Wink

Yeah we are now in the top spot again on C-Cex:
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

If you are talking about the integrated decentralised exchange that I've been discussing, that's two to three months into the future!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:02:36 AM

Some notes on the coming release

It has been very difficult to get the improvements correctly into place, therefore the coming release, 0.9.1.70, has been delayed.

I believe I am on top of things right now however, and kindly ask you to have some more patience. I'll add updates here as soon as I have some reliable results.

We are currently in the first spot on the C-Cex voting list. Therefore I've asked C-Cex managers to hold the addition of Credits to the exchange until the coming release is done.

GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 05:35:12 AM

Some notes on the coming release

It has been very difficult to get the improvements correctly into place, therefore the coming release, 0.9.1.70, has been delayed.

I believe I am on top of things right now however, and kindly ask you to have some more patience. I'll add updates here as soon as I have some reliable results.

We are currently in the first spot on the C-Cex voting list. Therefore I've asked C-Cex managers to hold the addition of Credits to the exchange until the coming release is done.

Time is necessary to get things in place, including testing though. Having a stable a good client is what we want and will have, and the new users that join our community from ccex will see that we have a hard working and dedicated developer. Thanks for all your work!

As for the exchange, I'm just excited to see what our volume will be like!

maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:20:54 AM

I have downloaded the wallet and fired it up.

I notice you have to download the bitcoin blockchain.........

I already have a fully up to date bitcoin node, is there any way I can import this into the wallet rather than download it all again?

Your coin looks promising by the way

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 04:34:28 PM

I already have a fully up to date bitcoin node, is there any way I can import this into the wallet rather than download it all again?

Yes! You can import your bitcoin privkey into Credits I'm fairly certain, with this wallet version. Then you would only have to use one client!

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:47:22 PM

You can import the bitcoin wallet file into Credits and use the Credits wallet as the wallet for both Bitcoin and Credits. Unfortunately you can not directly import the bitcoin blockchain into Credits. Credits adds extra info the Bitcoin blockchain. You CAN however, copy the Bitcoin blockchain files (blk000xxx.dat) into Credits and start the wallet with the -reindex parameter, which will rebuild all the internal databases. This process for the moment takes about 8 hours on a fast computer.

Crypto-Noah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:28:56 PM

HOW TO MINE SOLO CREDITS ? Please Help
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:42:59 PM

There are step by step instructions at the Credits webpage.

http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=6f6fc4687e278572d36eda526ae593a5
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:16:55 PM

For the moment you need to run a GPU to get any blocks, the diff is too high right now for CPU mining.

http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1776

If you need help, do post here and I'll get you started.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:37:37 AM

Preparations for new release ongoing

With the latest pull request added to Github (https://github.com/credits-currency/credits/pull/31), the latest development round can be considered finished and preparations for a coming release are ongoing.

Stay tuned for more info.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:03:48 PM

Just a reminder that we are #1 on c-cex.com voting list. Go and vote here: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

I apologize for not being more active in the CRE community, I don't currently have internet access.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:19:31 PM

Just a reminder that we are #1 on c-cex.com voting list. Go and vote here: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

I apologize for not being more active in the CRE community, I don't currently have internet access.
You bagholder haha.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:58:57 PM

You bagholder haha.

I will end you Andu. Cheesy

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 04:58:51 AM

I've heard good news about the release being nearly ready! Ccex incoming, new sig campaign starting soon, the Proof of Deposit aspect of credits is about to show its guns, we're entering an era of Credits that we've never seen before!

I'm excited, I don't know about you guys Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: