Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57356 times)
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:07:30 PM

Update on coming release

Due to the difficulties in getting the release correct with regards to speed on initial sync on Windows, I have decided to postpone parts of the updates, since these issues have stalled development long enough. Disk usage optimisations will however be included, to further shrink the size on disk. A beta release (0.9.1.73) will be done today. Further info to come.
Maybe through various upgrades you will manage to eliminate the issue, i.e. moving to latest bitcoin core. Still, it is good to see an upgrade and some movement.
Are there any new functionalities being added as well?

On a separate note, anyone enjoying those ridiculously low prices?

Yes, I plan to do that, but spread out over time instead to ease the transition.

Yes, I will definitely pick some up myself soon btw. As soon as I'm done with dev in a few days I'm picking up some low sells.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:12:04 PM

When I put 500 credits as deposit in mining, all the 500 is taken as deposit, there is no change, is that normal? That is included in block 33338

Well, it's not wrong, but normally the system should add the newly mined coins as deposit automatically unless you disable it. If it isn't enough (which it actually isn't now, anyone mining without extra deposits will get a slight difficulty punishment), the miner will look for manually added deposit txs.

But there's nothing preventing someone from creating a large deposit tx and lock it all up. So you may have to wait a few months to get them back...

Did you create a deposit tx yourself with qt and run the miner? In that case the miner probably picked up the available deposit and added it. There's no warning if the deposit is "too" large.

To sum it up:
- If the miner doesn't have enough deposits to reach the requirement, it will look for manually created deposit txs to fill up to the required level.
- If reward as deposit is enabled, it will use the reward to get to an exact amount, and send the extra coins as deposit change.
- However, if a deposit tx is larger thatn the required amount, there's no way for the system to modify the deposit tx and send the extra amount as change. The deposit tx is not modifiable.
- The system can however modify the "reward deposit", since it creates it itself. Thereby it can add up to just the correct amount, and send the rest as change.

Example:
1. Required, 30 CRE, Reward 20 CRE, 1 manually created deposit tx with 25 CRE in it. The miner will then take the reward, add 5 CRE as deposit to fulfill the requirement, and add 15 CRE as change.

2. Required 30 CRE, Reward 20 CRE, 1 manually created deposit tx with 60 CRE in it. The reward is not enough to reach the requirement. The miner will then take the manually created deposit tx and add as deposit. Since the requirement is fulfilled it does not have to use the reward, which will be free for usage elsewhere. However, none of the 60 CRE added as deposit can be sent as change since the manually created deposit tx is unmodifiable.

Some modifications to the deposit system will be done to ease the deposit process in the near future.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:24:47 PM

Test on latest, partly rollbacked version ongoing

Current sync, 250 000 blocks. Looks good so far but will give more info as soon as the sync has finished.

I will soon add yet another beta release (0.9.1.73) for those interested in testing.

Thank you for your patience.

Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:44:37 PM

Test on latest, partly rollbacked version ongoing

Current sync, 250 000 blocks. Looks good so far but will give more info as soon as the sync has finished.

I will soon add yet another beta release (0.9.1.73) for those interested in testing.

Thank you for your patience.

Yeah! I can be Guinea pig again, I love doing the beta testing if it helps.
As Italians say:"chi va piano va sano e va lontano". Small changes will bring us a strong platform.

We could have a motto:" One Credit at a time" or "Take a little Credit to go far". Sorry I'm rambling.

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:48:33 AM

When I put 500 credits as deposit in mining, all the 500 is taken as deposit, there is no change, is that normal? That is included in block 33338

Well, it's not wrong, but normally the system should add the newly mined coins as deposit automatically unless you disable it. If it isn't enough (which it actually isn't now, anyone mining without extra deposits will get a slight difficulty punishment), the miner will look for manually added deposit txs.

But there's nothing preventing someone from creating a large deposit tx and lock it all up. So you may have to wait a few months to get them back...

Did you create a deposit tx yourself with qt and run the miner? In that case the miner probably picked up the available deposit and added it. There's no warning if the deposit is "too" large.

To sum it up:
- If the miner doesn't have enough deposits to reach the requirement, it will look for manually created deposit txs to fill up to the required level.
- If reward as deposit is enabled, it will use the reward to get to an exact amount, and send the extra coins as deposit change.
- However, if a deposit tx is larger thatn the required amount, there's no way for the system to modify the deposit tx and send the extra amount as change. The deposit tx is not modifiable.
- The system can however modify the "reward deposit", since it creates it itself. Thereby it can add up to just the correct amount, and send the rest as change.

Example:
1. Required, 30 CRE, Reward 20 CRE, 1 manually created deposit tx with 25 CRE in it. The miner will then take the reward, add 5 CRE as deposit to fulfill the requirement, and add 15 CRE as change.

2. Required 30 CRE, Reward 20 CRE, 1 manually created deposit tx with 60 CRE in it. The reward is not enough to reach the requirement. The miner will then take the manually created deposit tx and add as deposit. Since the requirement is fulfilled it does not have to use the reward, which will be free for usage elsewhere. However, none of the 60 CRE added as deposit can be sent as change since the manually created deposit tx is unmodifiable.

Some modifications to the deposit system will be done to ease the deposit process in the near future.

Something needs to be done definitely. For example, a new miner buys 10,000 Credits and transfer to the wallet. He used it as deposit, in the hope it can lasts 1,000 block if the requirement for extra deposit is 10. Then he finds that 10,000 is taken away in one go and will not be able to use it for 15,000 blocks.
Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:32:45 AM

To sum it up:

Example:

Something needs to be done definitely. For example, a new miner buys 10,000 Credits and transfer to the wallet. He used it as deposit, in the hope it can lasts 1,000 block if the requirement for extra deposit is 10. Then he finds that 10,000 is taken away in one go and will not be able to use it for 15,000 blocks.

That's why Credits shouldn't be at the price they currently are. Knowing that your deposit will be locked should make it dearer. I don't see much wrong with the long locking of Credits.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

To sum it up:

Example:

The person buying the Credits could always split them up into 1000 prepared deposit txs that contain 10 CRE each. The built in wallet miner can then combine the deposits up to the correct amount, topping it off with the reward as deposit, where it can send the extra amount as change.

However, that process is manual today. Some adaptions to simplify that will be done.

There will also be built in functionality for enabling the miner to create deposits however it needs from the content of a wallet. That process is, as mentioned, manual today. That is for "security" reasons, so that a person mining won't enable it by mistake, and all of a sudden the whole wallet content is sent to deposit. That's why it's manual. But I'll enable automatic creation of deposits from a wallet content, removing the safety net for anyone who so wishes.

Either way, the punishment right now for not topping up the deposits is quite small, in the region of about 5-10% higher difficulty if only the reward is used as deposit. This "punishment" will of course raise at the same speed that the monetary base is expanded, i.e. new blocks with rewards are mined.

So to sum it up:
- Automated creation of deposits from a wallet will be possible to enable, thereby removing the safety net.
- For the moment the punishment for not providing enough deposits is quite small but will rise over time.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:09:19 PM

This looks to be a pretty interesting coin. Reminds me of Blade Runner, since they were using credits on the film.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:44:23 PM

This looks to be a pretty interesting coin. Reminds me of Blade Runner, since they were using credits on the film.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words.

Do download the wallet and fire it up if you are interested. New version coming out quite soon, just in the final stages of testing right now.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:38:45 AM

New beta release imminent.

I now have a beta release that has been completely verified on testnet. Tests on mainnet is ongoing. Public (beta) release will be done within 12 hours.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:33:05 PM

Beta release of version 0.9.1.73

The binaries for version 0.9.1.73, beta release can be found in the link below.

Verifications are ongoing on Windows, which was the problematic release up until now.

Sync on testnet has been done fully without problems.

Two separate syncs are currently running on mainnet, one is at bitcoin block 365000 and shows no signs of problems YET. As soon as a full sync has been achieved a report will be written here.

The other sync from empty is at block 244 000 and a full report will be given as soon as it is done.

If all appears correct, the release will be done in a day or two, once someone external has been able to verify the release.

Please read the release notes for info on what updates that have been done. All source will be added to github within a few hours.

http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17431

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:15:19 PM

My wallet wont sync anymore. Is there a new update I need? This is 3rd time I try to sync and then the wallet goes into frozen mode and I need to close it from task manager.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:03:55 PM

My wallet wont sync anymore. Is there a new update I need? This is 3rd time I try to sync and then the wallet goes into frozen mode and I need to close it from task manager.

Have you looked at the output from debug.log? If there is still output coming then it is working as it should.

If you have the possibility, contact me privately and I can help you out. IRC, PM here or Skype gabriel.eiger.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:04:24 PM

Which version are you using? It might be that the new release will solve the problem that you are having.

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:01:08 PM

Verifications are ongoing on Windows, which was the problematic release up until now.

Two separate syncs are currently running on mainnet, one is at bitcoin block 365000 and shows no signs of problems YET. As soon as a full sync has been achieved a report will be written here.

The other sync from empty is at block 244 000 and a full report will be given as soon as it is done.

If all appears correct, the release will be done in a day or two, once someone external has been able to verify the release.

Please read the release notes for info on what updates that have been done. All source will be added to github within a few hours.

I'm trying the new beta from scratch for Windows (no issue in Linux so I'll try it later to confirm). I should know tomorrow morning if it's quicker than previous beta so I'll let you know asap.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:27:00 PM

I'm trying the new beta from scratch for Windows (no issue in Linux so I'll try it later to confirm). I should know tomorrow morning if it's quicker than previous beta so I'll let you know asap.

Great, thanks for the feedback.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:33:05 PM

Report on current test progress

Sync almost done. Bitcoin blockchain fully downloaded, credits blockchain sync ongoing.

The moving of the so called claim coin tip (happens in parallel with the credits block sync) is however slower than the corresponding for bitcoin blocks. I will look into this issue in time. What this causes for the moment may be freezing ui for periods and a slower parsing of the credits blocks. The blocks however do sync as they should.

One issue, I had to restart the wallet once the bitcoin blockchain where in sync to retrigger a request for the credits blockchain.

If all seems good tomorrow I will make the release official.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:08:27 PM

Test report, almost everything OK.

One of the two test machines (Windows) that I've run tests on has finished the sync successfully. One bug have been found, that causes the disk usage to be larger than required. A patch for that bug has been created and is under test as I write this. If that patch works as intended, a release will be done tomorrow.

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:24:46 PM

One of the two test machines (Windows) that I've run tests on has finished the sync successfully. One bug have been found, that causes the disk usage to be larger than required. A patch for that bug has been created and is under test as I write this. If that patch works as intended, a release will be done tomorrow.
I seem to be stuck on block 27566 on the Credits blockchain. Is that a known issue?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:36:14 PM

I seem to be stuck on block 27566 on the Credits blockchain. Is that a known issue?

Hmmm, no, i parsed through it with no problem. What does the log say, is there still log output coming?

Have you tried to shut down the wallet and start it again?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: