Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57355 times)
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:36:13 AM

Just an idea.

Can we make Credits to be like Identabits? So it is different from bitcoin apart from proof of deposit?

An Australia-based startup has announced plans for a digital currency called Identabit that will enable regulatory acceptance by way of user association. The startup, Thinking Active, characterizes Identabit as the first identity-ensured, decentralized currency. It represents a way to liberate decentralized currencies and will be an alternative to bitcoin, according to a recent press release.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/14/identabit-bitcoin-minus-the-anonymity/
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/entrepreneurs-plan-identabit-identity-based-bitcoin-alternative/
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:24:39 PM

Why am I getting 0 connections on my new credits wallet I downloaded? is there a conf file or something that should be there?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:56:27 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 09:38:01 PM by Gabriel Eiger

My deepest apologies for being absent as of recently.

I'm now back and will answer all questions that have piled up here in this thread, I'll get through them one by one as soon as I can.

I'll also try to broaden the promotion for the coin, to try to widen the awareness. Our main problem has of course been that it is difficult to reach out. I will really try to change that in the coming time.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:37:39 PM

Is there a way to upgrade from v0.9.1.74 to the most recent version without losing all the blocks? Last time i did it claimed the blockchains are corrupted. Or is that update without problems on that level?

You should be able to upgrade to 0.9.1.75 from 0.9.1.74 without any problems. If you want to be really sure, make a security backup of the whole working directory beforehand (just copy the whole Credits dir and name the copy Credits_backup).

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 12:01:02 AM

Is there a way to upgrade from v0.9.1.74 to the most recent version without losing all the blocks? Last time i did it claimed the blockchains are corrupted. Or is that update without problems on that level?

You should be able to upgrade to 0.9.1.75 from 0.9.1.74 without any problems. If you want to be really sure, make a security backup of the whole working directory beforehand (just copy the whole Credits dir and name the copy Credits_backup).

That means with this version i can simply overwrite the old files with the new ones after i made the backups you mentioned? It will not find a corrupted blockchain afterwards? I think i already had to recover the blockchain from the torrent file around 3 or 4 times. Smiley Would like to avoid that in the future.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:33:57 AM

Is there a way to datadir= the bitcoin blockchain location? There is really no need for me to have two separate bitcoin blockchains present on my computer is there?
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 03:02:52 AM

Is there a way to datadir= the bitcoin blockchain location? There is really no need for me to have two separate bitcoin blockchains present on my computer is there?

No, you don't need both... the credits wallet has both! You can send/receive bitcoins as well as CRE. Even if you only wanted to use Bitcoin, the Credits wallet is more efficient, seeing as you get full functionality for Bitcoin while having a greatly reduced size for your BTC blocks.

TL;DR : 4GB dir for BTC+CRE wallet, or 45GB for a bitcoin only wallet.

sorryforthat

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:31:33 AM

No, you don't need both... the credits wallet has both! You can send/receive bitcoins as well as CRE. Even if you only wanted to use Bitcoin, the Credits wallet is more efficient, seeing as you get full functionality for Bitcoin while having a greatly reduced size for your BTC blocks.

TL;DR : 4GB dir for BTC+CRE wallet, or 45GB for a bitcoin only wallet.

Very nice. I did manage to get the torrent downloaded and syncing the remaining 4 weeks needed.
Markov

Activity: 258

Breizh Atao

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:07:38 AM

My deepest apologies for being absent as of recently.

I'm now back and will answer all questions that have piled up here in this thread, I'll get through them one by one as soon as I can.

I'll also try to broaden the promotion for the coin, to try to widen the awareness. Our main problem has of course been that it is difficult to reach out. I will really try to change that in the coming time.

No need to apologise mate.
What can I do to help increase awareness?

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 12:42:49 PM

I ran the credits wallet as a portable software from the start. The link to start looks like this:

L:\***\CryptoCoins\Credits\credits-qt.exe -datadir="L:\***\CryptoCoins\Credits\AppData"

So there should be no problem to use the bitcoin wallet of your mainwallet. Though you need to check the commands in console first. Might be that the correct flags are -credits_datadir and -bitcoin_datadir now.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
sorryforthat

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:08:54 PM

Anyone mind sharing the nodes they have?
asof

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:08:02 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 03:59:49 PM by asof

54.86.242.76:9333
85.25.199.215:9333
85.30.54.106:9333
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:38:20 PM

There are a few nodes listed in the source. Have you tried with them?

sorryforthat

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

I did but I also added the others mentioned in a prior post and it synced right up with no problems.

I have a question, I mined a block and it gave the reward of 45 but it was thrown to deposit, now the amount for deposit if 56. Does that mean anything mined after amount will go to my wallet?
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:22:15 AM

I did but I also added the others mentioned in a prior post and it synced right up with no problems.

I have a question, I mined a block and it gave the reward of 45 but it was thrown to deposit, now the amount for deposit if 56. Does that mean anything mined after amount will go to my wallet?

The reward is 45, you get that, but 45 is smaller than the required 56 deposit. So the 45 will go to deposit. You cannot access that for about 3-4 months. That 45 will be available in about 3-4 months. For the next mined block by you, the 45 reward will still go to deposit. You cannot use that for 3-4 months.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:54:07 PM

No, nothing after that will be thrown into deposit. However, by not providing a "full" deposit, you had a difficulty punishment on that particular block by approximately 20%. (Your difficulty will rise by diff * required deposit / added deposit).

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:29:31 PM

It seems that no body is providing deposit during mining. Any reason for that? They do not mind the 20% penalty?
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 08:31:40 AM

It seems that no body is providing deposit during mining. Any reason for that? They do not mind the 20% penalty?

It's not that sharp of a punishment yet, and clearly miners don't mind the diff increase in return for less funds tied up. Makes sense, as it's still very early in the system's active phase.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:14:37 PM

As Greydon says, the punishment isn't that large yet so miners probably hasn't bothered with it that much.

Simplifications (checkbox enablement from the wallet) to the deposit process is coming. That will probably make more people provide extra deposits.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:15:21 AM

Hey so I tried downloading the latest windows wallet and everything but for some reason couldn't get no connections at all? Any ideas why that might be?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: