Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790357 times)
BBS001

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:59:03 AM

Being able to read and interpret the data of multiple chains in one client is the first step towards being able to bridge them. Service nodes can potentially be bridging points between chains ie send one coin, receive another.

Exciting stuff

When you say "being able to bridge them", isn't that what "Ripple/xrp" will do?  And MS is adding a Ripple validator node to Azure.

Why on earth would I touch that nonsense? WE do decentralized solutions.

I think the U.S.A foreign policy is nonsense, but I still buy/sell USD (I'd be stupid not too) aswell as CAD, GBP, BTC, LTC, XRP, SPR etc

From the everyday Joe's point of view, decentralised/centralised won't come into it. They won't really understand/care how it works as long as it works. Sorry just the way it is.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:17:19 AM

Being able to read and interpret the data of multiple chains in one client is the first step towards being able to bridge them. Service nodes can potentially be bridging points between chains ie send one coin, receive another.

Exciting stuff

When you say "being able to bridge them", isn't that what "Ripple/xrp" will do?  And MS is adding a Ripple validator node to Azure.

I think the U.S.A foreign policy is nonsense, but I still buy/sell USD (I'd be stupid not too) aswell as CAD, GBP, BTC, LTC, XRP, SPR etc

From the everyday Joe's point of view, decentralised/centralised won't come into it. They won't really understand/care how it works as long as it works. Sorry just the way it is.

I tend to agree with you. It also turned out that most people don't care about anonymity.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 10:17:56 AM

I tend to agree with you. It also turned out that most people don't care about anonymity.

Not to beat around the bush, that looks like conjecture masquerading as fact - is there any supporting evidence?

Cheers

Graham
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:20:58 AM

Exciting stuff

I think people will care about anonymity if it becomes an issue to them. Based on the amount of information people give away on social media, I expect that you might get anonymity being required on a case by case basis.  The thing about consumers is that they just expect things to work, they don't want to tinker with options.  

Making bitcoin transactions confidential by default, with side chains as an example, would end up being really good for us.  When you don't have anything that can easily identify what people are spending their money on, our node connectivity with SPVs will give people a way to carry out trend analysis which when done right can yield plenty of good business Intel.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:33:45 AM

Not to beat around the bush, that looks like conjecture masquerading as fact - is there any supporting evidence?

Cheers

Graham

No evidence for my views.  Its just interesting to see the decline in interest in the anon coins.
BBS001

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:05:58 PM

Cheers

Graham

Yes, of course.
Ask anyone on your street how money is created? 99% won't know, and don't care as long as they have a "fist full of Dollars". Ask them, do they encrypt their HDD/SSD? do they encrypt their internet connection? The answer will be NO again, then ask them, do they want to know how to. And the answer will be NO.
The heard will be chipped and fully tracked in the near future, today they use our phones masquerading as a useful tool for the people.

GCHQ, NSA, CIA, MI6, They are watching and listening to everything we ALL do....... And only a handful of people actually seem to care.

I have tried to convince my family and friends....... So far only 2xfriends have gone into (XRP & SPR), everyone else just laughs and say "Oh, Simon you are funny, digital money replacing REAL money. asif".

WTF is REAL money? It's just a perception pushed onto us all by the system.

In the UK, we have a real problem with our politicians and children, which they KEEP covering up!!! Look into it, no one else seems to care anymore. Why would they care about decentralised/centralised???  

THEY STILL TRUST THE CURRENT SYSTEM. FACT.

Shocked

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:09:35 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 12:53:47 PM by e1ghtSpace

I posted this on the last page, but I don't know if anyone will see it.

Are there any bounties that you need to get completed. (Video showcases or tutorials you want made)
I am really annoyed that I only have 2700 spr. I wanted to buy more today but I just can't seem to find a website to convert AUD into BTC easily (without having to verify an ID or anything). Does anyone know a way?

Edit:

Ok I don't know how, but I just found out that I have an additional 3k spr in bittrex.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:21:17 PM

Cheers

Graham

No evidence for my views.  Its just interesting to see the decline in interest in the anon coins.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Dash, xmr, etc when confidential transaction (gmaxwell / Blockstream version of crypto note) gets soft forked into bitcoin later this year following any successfull soft fork deployment of segregated witnesses. Anon as a speciality act is looking like a dead end.

So, as I said before, if bitcoin gets privacy built in, bitcoin big data becomes more important. And this helps us to park any noises about our data analysis being somehow intrusive. It will never be that. It's just going to be business intelligence.

What no one has picked up on yet is that we will be able to analyse data streams for smart contracts. And with service nodes able to hold multiple nodes from different crypto projects we can collect data from projects like Ethereum, which is all about smart contracts. Distill this further and ethereum being used for Internet of Things means we can allow people to create dash boards on data associated with appliances, driverless cars, buildings, street lights, utilities, etc, and other connected devices around the world going about their daily activities.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:24:56 PM

Are there any bounties that you need to get completed. (Video showcases or tutorials you want made)
I am really annoyed that I only have 2700 spr. I wanted to buy more today but I just can't seem to find a website to convert AUD into BTC easily (without having to verify an ID Ro anything). Does anyone know a way?

I can't think of any that are unclaimed at the moment but I expect that there will be plenty of guides needing to be created in the next few weeks.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

I am really annoyed that I only have 2700 spr. I wanted to buy more today but I just can't seem to find a website to convert AUD into BTC easily (without having to verify an ID Ro anything). Does anyone know a way?

I can't think of any that are unclaimed at the moment but I expect that there will be plenty of guides needing to be created in the next few weeks.
HOLY F*$&@ng S%*#!!! I just found out that I have 3000 Spreadcoins in my BITTREX ACCOUNT!!!!!!

YESS!! I am so happy.

I seriously was disappointed that I had hardly any. I can't even remember having them there.

I also found a way to covert PayPal to BTC by converting it through a second life exchange. (I converted $100 before I found out about the good news, but I don't mind)

Edit 1:
I really REALLY have no clue about how they got there. Actually I vaguely remember splitting my bitcoins between Spreadcoin (good investment) and Motocoin (currently bad investment). Man, I just... I can't believe this.

Edit 2:
Are we currently experiencing a bubble? Because I am unsure weather to buy now or wait. Can I hear some of your opinions?
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 01:18:03 PM

@georgem

I understand why there is only one ip connection and not being able to use home computer with multiple wallets but question. Is it possible to limit to say two or three connections from one IP address?

I know why servers are better and the limited downtime that can occur from connection issues but just wanted to ask.

It's bad from a decentralization standpoint to allow a single node (one IP) to appear like multiple nodes (multiple servicenodes).

The only exception is when someone is willing to invest big bucks and rent a giant server with multiple IPs / instances.
(Then atleast we can argue that this person adds very valuable traffic / broadband capabilities to the cryptocoin network)

Also many people that rent a virtual server will be running side by side with other virtual servers on giant server machines anyway, just on different IPs as virtual instances.
That's just the nature of how virtual servers are managed these days.

But if we extend this exception to normal home computers that mostly don't have the ability to maintain many connections with the rest of the world 24/7, and are rather limited with the amount of traffic they can put through, then we are doing it wrong.

So: 1 servicenode per 1 IP

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 01:23:31 PM

Cheers

Graham

I agree, it's just that some people have a pretty pessimistic outlook about their fellow human beings.

But I would argue that most people just didn't yet make a real effort to understand the consequences of losing their privacy/anonymity. (bread and circuses keeps them distracted)
Or what it means when centralized institutions get to manage other peoples lifes more and more, instead of having individuals act on their own behalf (decentralization).

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 01:29:28 PM

I am really annoyed that I only have 2700 spr. I wanted to buy more today but I just can't seem to find a website to convert AUD into BTC easily (without having to verify an ID or anything). Does anyone know a way?

Edit:

Ok I don't know how, but I just found out that I have an additional 3k spr in bittrex.

Congratulations for your new found wealth. You might hold on to it for a little.  Cheesy

About bounties, I'll have something ready for you later.
In short: We need to start a community effort regarding what I would like to call altcoin taxonomy.

Will explain later in more detail.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:19:58 PM

When will the new roadmap and OP be ready georgem?
BBS001

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:26:12 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 11:39:46 PM by BBS001

Cheers

Graham

I agree, it's just that some people have a pretty pessimistic outlook about their fellow human beings.

But I would argue that most people just didn't yet make a real effort to understand the consequences of losing their privacy/anonymity. (bread and circuses keeps them distracted)
Or what it means when centralized institutions get to manage other peoples lifes more and more, instead of having individuals act on their own behalf (decentralization).

I wouldn't say "pessimistic outlook" more "realistic outlook" of their fellow human beings. But I do agree totally with your comment.
That is why I didn't think money transfer/conversion using SPR was a good idea for the future, I liked the 2nd tier/big data aspect. No AML/KYC.

Q. If Ripple is centralised and SPR is decentralised, working at different ends of the spectrum, why couldn't they work together? One enhancing the other and vice versa?? If we want to win the masses over then we have to work with the current system, not to replace it. That will come in time.  Wink  

This is why I think Ripple will be good for all crypto's in the near future, as they will become legit in the mind of the masses as they're accepted by the banks/Fi's/Gov's. This will have a good knock on effect for all crypto's, then hopefully people will start to take an interest in the blockchain & IoT as a whole.

Watch: Network ..... It's just business. 1984 aswell  Cheesy

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:06:46 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 05:28:07 PM by rhinomonkey

Edit 2:
Are we currently experiencing a bubble? Because I am unsure weather to buy now or wait. Can I hear some of your opinions?

I know I would be happy picking anything up under 9k. And I don't think you will see very many sells below 8k, especially with the upcoming release of the testnet and SPR gaining more and more attention (the twitter following is growing). Also, if/when Poloniex picks it up, there might be a nice wave of new interest in the project.

Edit 1: There are ~5 BTCs now down to 9k. This was not the case last week.

Edit 2: Might be best to buy a small percentage now, then put some buy orders lower. Someone else gave this advice a few pages back.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:10:54 PM

Cheers

Graham

I wouldn't say "pessimistic outlook" more "realistic outlook" of their fellow human beings. But I do agree totally with your comment.
That is why I didn't think money transfer/conversion using SPR was a good idea for the future, I liked the 2nd tier/big data aspect. No AML/KYC.

Q. If Ripple is centralised and SPR is decentralised, working at different ends of the spectrum, why couldn't they work together? One enhancing the other and vice versa?? If we want to win the masses over then we have to work with the current system, not to replace it. That will come in time.  Wink   

This is why I think Ripple will be good for all crypto's in the near future, as they will become legit in the mind of the masses as they're accepted by the banks/Fi's/Gov's. This will have a good knock on effect for all crypto's, then hopefully people will start to take an interest in the blockchain & IoT as a whole.

Watch: 1984 ..... It's just business.

The question about winning over the masses always intrigues me.

Did Google need to do anything in particular to win over the masses? Nothing beyond making a really good service that was easy to use and was freely available.

In an electronic world, there is no reason why a crypto client could not actually be your fiat bank account. It's just a matter of connvecrivty and regulatory processes.
BBS001

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:57:06 PM

Cheers

Graham

Q. If Ripple is centralised and SPR is decentralised, working at different ends of the spectrum, why couldn't they work together? One enhancing the other and vice versa?? If we want to win the masses over then we have to work with the current system, not to replace it. That will come in time.  Wink   

Watch: 1984 ..... It's just business.

The question about winning over the masses always intrigues me.

Did Google need to do anything in particular to win over the masses? Nothing beyond making a really good service that was easy to use and was freely available.

In an electronic world, there is no reason why a crypto client could not actually be your fiat bank account. It's just a matter of connvecrivty and regulatory processes.

I think you're understated what Google actually did for the internet, Google didn't just make a really good service that was easy to use and was freely available. They revolutionised search engines and the internet, in doing so made a multi billion $$$$ industry out of it. Google understood BIG data. Amazing!

Grin

I believe the crypto client you talk about will be Ripple(XRP) and as I said before, this will be good for all crypto's. Ripple is agnostic so can support all ledgers, surely SPR being a 2nd tier BTC crypto this would be of interest? If SPR was a 2nd tier on Ripple, wouldn't that give access to ALL ledgers BTC, LTC, USD, XRP etc? Really really BIG data.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:14:48 AM

How many SPR coins are needed to run a service node?
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:17:03 AM

How many SPR coins are needed to run a service node?

0 SPR because ServiceNodes have been talked about for far too long and nothing has been done about it even when the previous Developer was babbling on about it.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: