Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTX] Bitcoin - The NeXt Generation /NEW ANN and WEBSITE !  (Read 83676 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:31:22 AM

There was supposed to be a posting of the wallet/coin changes today.  Obviously, the lucky block staking rate dropped dramatically as the one I was awarded after the wallet update was 80% lower than before.

Can we get an update please?

Ask and you shall receive.

As stated before, this is an inflation control update.

Lucky Stake has been reduced, and PoS also. Too many coins were generated every day. We didn't want to se BTX to become valueless.

Okay can you provide some figures on the update?

The OP is still saying "PoS annual interest: 20%". What has it been changed to? And the lucky stakes I thought were moved up from 2% chance of winning in the original first coin swap after BitcoinT to 5% chance in the secondary coin swap around 15/June. So what percentage has it now been changed to?

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheAltTrader (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:45:47 AM

There was supposed to be a posting of the wallet/coin changes today.  Obviously, the lucky block staking rate dropped dramatically as the one I was awarded after the wallet update was 80% lower than before.

Lucky Stake has been reduced, and PoS also. Too many coins were generated every day. We didn't want to se BTX to become valueless.

The OP is still saying "PoS annual interest: 20%". What has it been changed to? And the lucky stakes I thought were moved up from 2% chance of winning in the original first coin swap after BitcoinT to 5% chance in the secondary coin swap around 15/June. So what percentage has it now been changed to?

It's written in the OP: 7% PoS. Lucky Stake has also been updated.

As for the chance, it stayed the same. We want everyone to still get as many Lucky Stakes, but less coins to limit hyper-inflation.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:49:08 AM

As for the chance, it stayed the same. We want everyone to still get as many Lucky Stakes, but less coins to limit hyper-inflation.

Okay thanks. 7% is definitely more realistic. 20% was too high.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TheAltTrader (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:54:09 AM

Okay thanks. 7% is definitely more realistic. 20% was too high.

The team is happy you agree  Smiley

As for the thread, it may be a bit silent at times, but the team keeps working on this coin. Expect a major release one day or another  Wink
PrometheusX

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:36:40 PM

ANN: MasterNode Hosting Service

Everyone knows how hard it is to run a PC 24/7.
But a MasterNode should run 24/7 to get more earnings.

Reasons why u should use this service:
pro:
+ U dont need to run a PC 24/7, so u dont need to pay a lot of energy costs.
+ Stable high speed connections with permanent monitoring.
   U dont have to look for the status of ur MasterNode/wallet, we do this for u.
+ U dont need to change the wallet versions, we host always the latest wallet version.
    And u will be informed by eMail when we make any changes.
+ Hot/Cold wallet funtions allow u to start/stop the MasterNode without giving away a single coin or wallet.dat .
   All earnings will automatical generated at ur home wallet ( the Server wallet is empty during the whole time).

contra:
- nothing  Smiley

U see that a hosting service only have advantages

Hosting payments:
0.05 BTC for 1 month and 1 MasterNode

If u want more then 5 MasterNodes we can make better offers.

Send me a PM when u want more informations, or contact me at slack.

SLK - SYZU8arw9LSxDtM7shm2S23WrD5WSbGbB9
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 09:21:12 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 09:36:27 AM by MaGNeT

I updated the client to the latest version but now it doesn't see my coins in the wallet.dat?

edit: there was another swap at C-Cex? There was only supposed to be a release of a new client, why a second coin swap? Does this mean I just lost my 3,600,000 BTX? ...
PrometheusX

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:28:45 PM

I updated the client to the latest version but now it doesn't see my coins in the wallet.dat?

edit: there was another swap at C-Cex? There was only supposed to be a release of a new client, why a second coin swap? Does this mean I just lost my 3,600,000 BTX? ...

From what Version have u updated ?

U als can try to resync again

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

I see there was a second swap in june, I did not know about a swap coming, only about a new client with masternodes and I was waiting for that to be implemented before promoting this coin again.

I like to swap my coins to the new blockchain.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

I see there was a second swap in june, I did not know about a swap coming, only about a new client with masternodes and I was waiting for that to be implemented before promoting this coin again.

I like to swap my coins to the new blockchain.

If you didn't get your coins swapped in June, they are lost. Gosh, don't tell me you just checked on your investment now ?

How can you have 3.6M BTX and never check the thread in a month ?

People had 1 week to send their coins on the exchange !

Progress on the client was very slow and I never read about a swap, only about a new client and masternodes.
I still have my first Litecoin and Bitcoin wallet for over 3.5 years now, I don't expect a coin to do 2 complete blockchain swaps in 4 months...

I was one of the first BTX supporters, started a crowdfund to get it running again after the original devs went awol...

And now... it's gone... poof... 3,600,000 BTX...
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:26:22 PM

Another thing:

Initially there was a PoW supply of 48M coins.

I had 3.6M of those 48M coins in the old chain but never swapped them...

In the new chain there is a supply of 55M coins.

So... who is currently holding my coins?
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

So what's that ?

On top of that, the announcement was in big letters on the OP.

I'm not claiming it wasn't announced.

At the time I was active in this topic, nobody was talking about a swap, only about a roadmap with masternodes and I was waiting for that.
That's back in may.

And I still would like to know why there are more coins in the new chain than in the old chain while I never swapped my 3.6 Million.

Is that all from "stake" alone? That would be hyperinflation... 7.5 Million coins in just over 2 months...

By the way, I'm not accusing.
I'm only asking if someone can explain why we have 7.5 Million coins more than there should be, can't be all from stake.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:35:22 PM

So what's that ?

At the time I was active in this topic, nobody was talking about a swap, only about a roadmap with masternodes and I was waiting for that.
That's back in may.

And I still would like to know why there are more coins in the new chain than in the old chain while I never swapped my 3.6 Million.

Is that all from "stake" alone? That would be hyperinflation... 7.5 Million coins in just over 2 months...

Yes. That was hyper inflation. IF YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF WHINING, you would see that we just had a hardfork to limit inflation.

Right now, there are 60M coins, not 52 btw.

Your posts clearly show you simply lost track of BTX for 2 months. You can only complain to yourself.

THE TEAM EVEN MADE A DAILY LIST OF ACHIEVMENTS IN THE OP FOR THOSE WHO DONT HAVE MUCH TIME.

YOU DIDNT EVEN READ THAT BEFORE POSTING ! HOW DO YOU DARE COMPLAIN ?

I don't complain, just looking for answers.
There's too many pages to read back.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:37:18 PM

5/May/2015 : We Relaunched BTX  With Block Explorers, a successful Coinswap by C-Cex, a great Team, a new Wallet, an IRC and a new Logo !

6/May/2015 : New Roadmap ! New Wallet with Updated Graphics ! (New) New Logo design !

7/May/2015 : Complete Design Overhaul and inclusion of New Logo !

8/May/2015 : Design Overhaul completed ! Yobit Exchange added BTX ! Wallet updated with new graphics !

9/May/2015 : We reached 25 Retweets @Bittrex !

10/May/2015 : We now have a Slack ! We now have a Faucet ! We now have a Twitter account !

11/May/2015 : 36 Retweets @Bittrex !

12 to 15/May/2015 : Dev is deving !

16/May/2015 :  Block Explorer ownership passed from Squidin to MCDev !

17/May/2015 :  Community Brainstorming starts !

18/May/2015 :  We have a few ideas already. Let's keep searching for ideas!

19/May/2015 :  Minor Graphical changes ! We launched our dev recruiting !

20/May/2015 :  We passed 10'000 views on the thread !

21/May/2015 : PrometheusX has started to make daily bootstraps to help people sync their wallets !

22 to 25 /May/2015 : Bitcointalk blackout !

26 to 29/May/2015 : Dev is deving !

30/May/2015 : Diggio has contacted a dice website to add BTX ! We'll see what that brings !

31/May/2015 : MCdev has updated Block Explorer with great new features like twitter link and Market data !

1/June/2015 : Willzminame has created a reddit page !

2/June/2015 : Dev is deving !

3/June/2015 : Ahmed has updated faucet with amazing graphical btx droplets !

4/June/2015 : Dev is deving !

5/June/2015 : A 60k lucky stake has been found !

6/June/2015 : Dev is deving !

7/June/2015 : A 60k lucky stake has been found !

8 to 9/June/2015 : Dev is deving !

10/June/2015 : DEV HAS ACHIEVED MASTERNODES ! COIN SWAP STARTS AT CCEX AND ENDS THE 15th JUNE TO UPDATE TO MN WALLET !

11 to 13/June/2015 : Success  Cheesy !

14/June/2015 : Time to tweet ! https://twitter.com/btxcoin/status/608632413640507392

15/June/2015 : Swap is done !

16-17/June/2015 : Wallet 2.1.0 is released with Stable Synching, Encrypted messaging and Masternodes !  (A small bug has been found for MN, team is working on it)

18/June/2015 - 1/July/2015 : Team is working on bug.

2/July/2015: We fixed the Masternodes bug ! Let's hear BTX's name resound in the crypto-world !

3-6/July/2015: Team is brainstorming. Much things are happening behind the scenes Smiley

7/July/2015: Our team is getting bigger ! CoinBuddy joins the team and will handle PR !

8-10/July/2015: We now have a facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/BTX-Bitcoin-The-NeXt-Generation/1448378195467293

11/July/2015: We now have a facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/BTXcoin/

12/July/2015: Hardfork coming the 15th July 1pm GMT ! Please update your wallets !

13-15/July/2015: Hardfork successful. Inflation control changes implemented.

16/July/2015: Masternode Guide delivered by Ahmed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1116861

17-19/July/2015: PrometheusX started his Masternod hosting service

Read it, and THEN POST.

Coin swap is only mentioned once in the OP: on the actual date, with only 5 days to swap.

And again, I'm not complaining, just trying to find out how this screwup happened.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:39:12 PM

So what's that ?

That's back in may.

Yes. That was hyper inflation. IF YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF WHINING, you would see that we just had a hardfork to limit inflation.

Right now, there are 60M coins, not 52 btw.

Your posts clearly show you simply lost track of BTX for 2 months. You can only complain to yourself.

THE TEAM EVEN MADE A DAILY LIST OF ACHIEVMENTS IN THE OP FOR THOSE WHO DONT HAVE MUCH TIME.

YOU DIDNT EVEN READ THAT BEFORE POSTING ! HOW DO YOU DARE COMPLAIN ?

I don't complain, just looking for answers.
There's too many pages to read back.

You didn't need to read all pages. You just needed to read the summary of the OP. TAKES 2 min exactly.

Yup... and as I said: the swap was mentioned once: on the date itself, with only a 5 day windows. Easy to miss if you visit once or twice a month.

I was in BTX for the long haul so no reason to look at my coins, the client was still running and staking until I found out masternodes where available today.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:42:39 PM

10/June/2015 : DEV HAS ACHIEVED MASTERNODES ! COIN SWAP STARTS AT CCEX AND ENDS THE 15th JUNE TO UPDATE TO MN WALLET !

14/June/2015 : Time to tweet ! https://twitter.com/btxcoin/status/608632413640507392

Read it, and THEN POST.

Coin swap is only mentioned once in the OP: on the actual date, with only 5 days to swap.

And again, I'm not complaining, just trying to find out how this screwup happened.

5 days is more than enough. I check this thread every day once. Takes exactly 2min.

The Coinswap was mentioned at least 5 times !

In big letters on the OP at THE VERY TOP

In the thread many times

And in the summary of achievements !

So, shit happens.
It was just 8 BTC worth of BTX (at the price I bought them) that I lost, I'll get over it.

But you could behave a bit less like a complete ass and just say: "ah, 5 days may have a bit short for a swap".

You know, I have a social life too... Crypto is just a hobby for me now and I don't check the forum every day, like many others...

Bitcoin is safe: my first wallet still works and I only start it 4 times a year to let it sync. No fear to lose them...

I didn't expect another blockchain swap so I didn't feel the urge to look at it every week.
I expected masternodes and was waiting for them.

And I asked why there were so many coins and you cleared it up, though you could have been a bit nicer.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:50:46 PM

I am sorry for your loss. And I am sorry I got angry. But popping after 2 months on the thread and saying "Where is my money"really is quite incredible  Smiley

You cannot compare a coin like BTC to BTX. BTX is young and constantly evoluates for the best. BTC is just old, slow and more widespread.

The only advantage it has, is that it was the first. It is normal not much happens with BTC. It's not as young as BTC.

Look, you must be feeling quite angry atm. You lost 3.6M BTX. Those you will never get back.

You lost 8 BTC. Buy 500k BTX and you'll make those back in a year.

If 500k BTX makes me 8 BTC in one year, why don't you buy 10m of BTX? Wink
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:58:03 PM

I am sorry for your loss. And I am sorry I got angry. But popping after 2 months on the thread and saying "Where is my money"really is quite incredible  Smiley

You cannot compare a coin like BTC to BTX. BTX is young and constantly evoluates for the best. BTC is just old, slow and more widespread.

The only advantage it has, is that it was the first. It is normal not much happens with BTC. It's not as young as BTC.

Look, you must be feeling quite angry atm. You lost 3.6M BTX. Those you will never get back.

You lost 8 BTC. Buy 500k BTX and you'll make those back in a year.

If 500k BTX makes me 8 BTC in one year, why don't you buy 10m of BTX? Wink

I already bought that much BTX and have no BTCs left to buy more atm  Wink

BTX didn't bring me any luck, I'm out... Wink

Good luck everyone!
Diggio

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:06:39 PM

Hi MaGNeT,

There wasn't a coin swap at the exchange again, it was simply switching over to the new wallet by July 15th at the time specified.  Most of us just shut down the old wallet, downloaded the new one, and started it up.  It picked up where the old one left off without any further action.

The inflation was too high to be sustainable and staking was reduced about 60%.  Lucky blocks were reduced by 80%.  The master nodes are also increasing coin supply.  Assume you had to be running the new wallet by that date/time.

For others who may know; are coins that are not brought over to a new fork still "counted" in regards to coin supply?
Diggio

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:14:31 PM

Is there a compiled version of the current wallet in something other than Windows?
PrometheusX

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:45:56 AM

Read it, and THEN POST.

5 days is more than enough. I check this thread every day once. Takes exactly 2min.

The Coinswap was mentioned at least 5 times !

In big letters on the OP at THE VERY TOP

In the thread many times

And in the summary of achievements !

So, shit happens.
It was just 8 BTC worth of BTX (at the price I bought them) that I lost, I'll get over it.

But you could behave a bit less like a complete ass and just say: "ah, 5 days may have a bit short for a swap".

You know, I have a social life too... Crypto is just a hobby for me now and I don't check the forum every day, like many others...

Bitcoin is safe: my first wallet still works and I only start it 4 times a year to let it sync. No fear to lose them...

I didn't expect another blockchain swap so I didn't feel the urge to look at it every week.
I expected masternodes and was waiting for them.

And I asked why there were so many coins and you cleared it up, though you could have been a bit nicer.

There are so much coins because when the swap was, we had to pre-mine the full amount to swap them, then there where a lot of unswapd coins, we burnd them but they are still shown in the coinbase.
We have an eye on it to fix such stuff, but u must say that it isnt a realy important error or problem and so we can concentrate our time to fix realy important stuff or work on other features and possible that
thoses little problems are gone automatical.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: