Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901260 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:35:28 AM

Nonsense.  I'm an intelligent person.  I have ethics and morals.  I don't need spirituality.  
Didnt you leave this forum ?
He did temporarily, but that was some time ago. He's actually right about this; as we've already had an agreement in another thread in regards to the subject.
I don't hate religion only because I do not want to spend any of my energy hating people with a weak mind.
From the other thread:
Maybe most people in the world need faith, something to believe in, something that explains their existence (not in a complicated way such as evolution)?
There are many examples around us to why such "fairy tales" are irrational.
However I do not mind religions that focus on the spirit and meditating. At least they don't believe in books that contain magical stories.  Cheesy

Most religions are not a case of absence of evidence. They are actually a case of 'evidence of absence - objectively negative result'. Something does not exist until proven otherwise.

Now please tell me how I'm going to burn in hell for this.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:12:54 PM

I don't hate religion only because I do not want to spend any of my energy hating people with a weak mind.

Atheists can hate religion without hating the religious. In fact, in most cases, we pity those who are still confined within their mental shackles and having to live through the abusive relationship that defines theist belief systems. That is why we hate religion because we see what it does to people, it poisons them and warps their thinking. It is a virus of delusion that instinctively attempts to reject the antidote of reasoning and critical thinking because part of its symptomatic profile is to convince the sufferer that they couldn't possibly live without it.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:52:52 PM

I don't necessarily think Atheists hate religion,they probably hate confining their beliefs or thoughts into one ideology or superperson. religion is just a means to connect to your immediate environment or the universe around you,it doesn't matter how you do it,or the medium that you use,whom you speak to, what matters is how you feel right after that; relieved,at peace, calm, confident, renewed, exhilarated, absolved,
refreshed..etc, because to hate religion would simply mean your inability to connect
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:26:59 PM

religion is just a means to connect to your immediate environment or the universe around you

No it isn't, the whole point of religion is for your reality to be defined by arbitrary declaration. That is doing the opposite of connecting with your immediate environment, it is denying the reality of your immediate environment.

,it doesn't matter how you do it,or the medium that you use,whom you speak to, what matters is how you feel right after that; relieved,at peace, calm, confident, renewed, exhilarated, absolved,
refreshed..etc,

Short term amelioration of existential crises is exactly that, short term and in need of persistent and regular application of the required degree of intellectual dishonesty, delusion and fallacy in order to prevent one's rational thoughts from highlighting the inconsistencies and conflicting perspectives derived from such.

You need only look into something called, "Toxic Stress" and the stress-hormone Cortisol, which if persistently raised during periods of unresolved anxieties and traumas during critical periods of brain development in childhood, will actually cause changes in gene expression, which results in physical neurological differences in the resultant adult brain. This is most often the root cause of neurological and psychological dysfunction.

Religion poisons everything. Especially our children.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Sefton

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:35:15 PM

Most of the atheists that I have heard or seen think that people that believe in any religion (Christianity for the most part) are idiots, bad people, or crazy. Now I'm sure there are atheists that don't think this way but I haven't seen or heard from one that doesn't.  From what I've experienced atheists think that religion is a social issue and believe that religion is the cause of war,violence, and such. When most religions are against such things. I just want to know why atheists have to think this way and why cant all people just live to respect each other.

There's a difference between respecting a persons right to have an opinion and respecting their actual choice of opinion. If someone wants to have the opinion that someone is an idiot for believing in something then they can and it works both ways. If an atheist wants to think a christian is an idiot for his beliefs then so be and if a Christian wants to think the atheist is stupid then he also has that right.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 04:54:16 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2020, 11:57:15 AM by Lauda

Atheists can hate religion without hating the religious. In fact, in most cases, we pity those who are still confined within their mental shackles and having to live through the abusive relationship that defines theist belief systems. That is why we hate religion because we see what it does to people, it poisons them and warps their thinking. It is a virus of delusion that instinctively attempts to reject the antidote of reasoning and critical thinking because part of its symptomatic profile is to convince the sufferer that they couldn't possibly live without it.
Well this is actually an advanced view of the matter. This is what I expect from people who aren't from Bit-X and DaDice.
You've written this very nicely. It is making them reject reasoning and critical thinking.

Religions such as Christianity are absurd. This is an objective opinion.  Just think about it. How would it be if you had never heard of any religion till you were grown up and actually though for yourself?
If we take Christianity for an example; you believe in an invisible man who allegedly lived over 2000 years ago. He was killed by religious zealost and then he magically raised from the dead just after three days. In addition to that, they believe in other invisible being such as angels and demons. Meanwhile, another invisible Spirit (the Holy Spirit) is constantly at work behind the scenes around the earth, keeping the whole thing straight and intervening whenever he can. The words 'whenever he can' have been specifically used because since he exists why should he save the little children from abuse and rape?  Roll Eyes

Correction 21-05-2020, for reason reported here. As I said in my reply, I must have unknowingly repeated and paraphrased text that I had previously read and remembered. It was not intentional.

Original of highlighted text:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150423094426/http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/behind-the-lens/48176-atheists-are-right-that-christianity-sounds-absurd-but-i-believe-in-it

Archive of unedited post:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150511034548/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.40#msg11339313

[original post, with paraphrased text highlighted]

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:43:32 PM

I invite Atheist to watch this video if they have time or when they get time, Recommended.

Scientific Facts Atheists Must Know Why Islam Is The Truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJzIm9v67w8

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:54:09 PM

I invite Atheist to watch this video if they have time or when they get time, Recommended.

Scientific Facts Atheists Must Know Why Islam Is The Truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJzIm9v67w8

Why? Five minutes in but I think it's pretty ironic the Muslim is disproving the bible because of it's scientific inaccuracy. No scientific facts yet just baseless delusional nonsense as usual but you know what they say about arguing with religious people...
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

Why? Five minutes in but I think it's pretty ironic the Muslim is disproving the bible because of it's scientific inaccuracy. No scientific facts yet just baseless delusional nonsense as usual but you know what they say about arguing with religious people...

I respect this book, But let me tell you there are many changes made in this book, So if we see it scientifically it wrong.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:12:17 PM

I respect this book, But let me tell you there are many changes made in this book, So if we see it scientifically it wrong.

I don't respect either book. One thing they both have in common was they were both written by humans contrary to what the guy said the quran being 'written by god'. Well that's what Christians say too but offer no proof other than that's just what they believe.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:25:54 PM

I don't respect either book. One thing they both have in common was they were both written by humans contrary to what the guy said the quran being 'written by god'. Well that's what Christians say too but offer no proof other than that's just what they believe.

No the Book Quran Is written by ALLAH and revealed to Holly Prophet S.A in his 23 year. This book was compiled and today we can compare this book with the previous print of that, there is no single word that is changed. But there are many changes in the bible.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:28:30 PM

So you call a Muslim to tell me why Islam is the Truth?  Roll Eyes
How about a tl;dr version. The video is too long. I don't feel like wasting time on "scientific facts".

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
amazon4u

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Selling Stuff 20% OFF ! See my signature

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:07:36 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 11:41:42 PM by amazon4u

You call this scientific ? Smiley Those are just 2 Muslims guys talking on a couch saying that the Bible is wrong....Smiley Well, guess what ?!  They are right...The Bible is wrong, but it's just as wrong as the Qur'an...The Bible is made of the same crap as the Qur'an...You argue about when "god" created the sun ? Is this scientific to you ? The 2 "holly" books are excellent bedtime stories for our kids, but to call any of those 2 scientific is an insult to any educated person

Well...I have a scientific question for you....where were the dinosaurs mentioned in the Qur'an ? Or that experiment was a failed one by "allah" so he decided to try and create something new with less teeth ?

I imagine the Genesis somewhat like this :

"I think I'm gonna make me some humans today, those dinos sucked big time..."

This is funniest "scientific" discussion I had in years....and guess what ?! I am also sitting on a couch...

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:33:58 PM

Mostly atheists hate religion because religion is a prison. It locks all atheists into itself with no way bet death for the atheist to get out.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:39:26 PM

Well, I have no belief in any invisible magic guys up in the sky but don´t hate those delusions. People believe all sorts of nonsense, that´s their choice.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:45:29 PM

.. atheists attempt to prove God doesn't exist...

Not all atheists hate God. Some are simply ignorant of Him on the outside. But there are those who hate God down deep, and are using the atheistic attitude to try to make Him go away.

There's is a lot of stuff in life that seems illogical. Yet it is there, and it does work. The existence of God may not seem logical in some ways, but this does not mean that God does not exist. Until there is proof that He doesn't exist, atheism is at least philosophy in all atheists, and is religion in some.

1. We try to disprove "its'" existence by proving it doesnt exist. We could do it the other way around as well.
2. We are anything but ignorant. We dont vehemently oppose a religious freak and burn him at stake for opposing our views.
3. The fact that there is no liquid water on Moon was widely accepted. Just goes to show you that even the scientists can be wrong but this also can be interpreted as that not all the popular 'beliefs' are true - no matter how many people believe it.

It would be wrong to say one cant prove that god doesnt exist, because we can. You just have to give in to the fact that all that you have been told by your ancestors who were a bunch of noobs was all a big fat juicy lie.

We are very ignorant. We only guess that the things we think will happen in the next moment will happen. The fact that we observe much of the way things happened in the past, doesn't prove that they will continue the next moment. How do we know this? Car accidents, plane crashes, people dying in earthquakes. Sure, those people were stupid people to not know even a moment into the future. But aren't we all this way?

If nature were not set to operating reasonably smoothly, life might have very little peace in it at all.

Who or what set nature to working smoothly? We don't have an answer. But because nature has an intelligent design to it, we simply call the thing that we don't know about, "God," the Intelligent Designer.

How can we know what God is and is like? We can't even see for a fact even a moment into the future. Better to at least respect God. We don't know that He won't make life very rough for us if we don't.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 11:47:00 PM

Well, I have no belief in any invisible magic guys up in the sky but don´t hate those delusions. People believe all sorts of nonsense, that´s their choice.

It is their choice, but it directly affects their credibility.

If you loan me 1 btc, you know for a fact you will get 1 btc back, for you are dealing with me and me alone.

If I loan some religious nut job 1 btc, nothing is stopping them from having a dream where their god commands the repayment would better be spent on this or that.  You cannot count on the word of a cult member!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:47:17 PM

Now you are not telling the truth.   Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:49:49 PM

It is their choice, but it directly affects their credibility.

If you loan me 1 btc, you know for a fact you will get 1 btc back, for you are dealing with me and me alone.

If I loan some religious nut job 1 btc, nothing is stopping them from having a dream where their god commands the repayment would better be spent on this or that.  You cannot count on the word of a cult member!

You don't know for a fact that you will ever get the bitcoin back from Vod. For all anyone knows, Vod might have a heart attack and die the moment you send the bitcoin. The fact is. We all hope and believe that the next moment will be as good or better than the last. But none of us knows for sure about anything in the future.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:55:58 PM

Religions such as Christianity are absurd. This is an objective opinion.  Just think about it. How would it be if you had never heard of any religion till you were grown up and actually though for yourself?

Be happy you have been raised in a religious land. It is mostly religion that gives us the direction so that we can move on towards advancements in science and technology.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: