Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901262 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:57:50 PM

Well, I have no belief in any invisible magic guys up in the sky but don´t hate those delusions. People believe all sorts of nonsense, that´s their choice.

Now you are not telling the truth.   Smiley

I assure you that I´m telling the truth. There are people who believe that pieces of rock somehow bring them better health. Should I hate rocks ? Good luck, g

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:02:36 AM

Well, I have no belief in any invisible magic guys up in the sky but don´t hate those delusions. People believe all sorts of nonsense, that´s their choice.

I assure you that I´m telling the truth. There are people who believe that pieces of rock somehow bring them better health. Should I hate rocks ? Good luck, g

I'm sure you are telling the truth in that one little section of your brain you have cordoned off from the rest, and have completely moved into. And thanks for the good wishes, by the way.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:02:55 AM

Do you really care if brainwashed idiots think you're lying?  I sure don't.    Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
galdur

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:10:46 AM

Do you really care if brainwashed idiots think you're lying?  I sure don't.    Wink

Not really, to be honest I´m desperate at the moment to fill the quota for this signature campaign and this seemed like a good spot. Good luck, galdur

amazon4u

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Selling Stuff 20% OFF ! See my signature

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:12:01 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 12:27:21 AM by amazon4u

Religions such as Christianity are absurd. This is an objective opinion.  Just think about it. How would it be if you had never heard of any religion till you were grown up and actually though for yourself?

Be happy you have been raised in a religious land. It is mostly religion that gives us the direction so that we can move on towards advancements in science and technology.

Smiley

I bet Galileo Galilei wasn't very happy to be raised in a religious land...or any scientist from the 17th century....Christianity has kept us in the dark for ages, this is why they called'em , the dark ages... Christianity  is better than Islam because it is now more open-minded, but other than that : it's the same crap wrapped up more nicely

Christianity still keeps us in the dark today preventing our medical advances....such as organ cloning, embryonic stem cell culture etc..advances that could make everyone's life a lot easier, so religion is indeed both literally and figuratively : a pain in the ass...especially for those young boys singing in the church choir Smiley

The priests love to hear those choir boys singing Cheesy

http://abcnews.go.com/US/confessions-pedophile-priest-released/story?id=16474982

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/12061/index1.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/sexual-history-essay-window-pedophile-priest-mind-article-1.1088067

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:43:08 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 07:40:01 AM by Vod

Be happy you have been raised in a religious land. It is mostly religion that gives us the direction so that we can move on towards advancements in science and technology.

Smiley

You are obviously trolling.  Name one bible verse that says "Do not listen to what I tell you, instead look out with your own eyes for the truth."

Cults <> Advancements in technology.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:07:25 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Not every atheist hates religion y'know...?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 07:45:13 AM

You don't know for a fact that you will ever get the bitcoin back from Vod. For all anyone knows, Vod might have a heart attack and die the moment you send the bitcoin. The fact is. We all hope and believe that the next moment will be as good or better than the last. But none of us knows for sure about anything in the future.

Smiley
You're also deluded. Health issues are in no way related to magical "gods".
Next time try to make a better example or did your god tell you to use this one?  Roll Eyes

You are obviously trolling.  Name one bible verse that says "Do not listen to what I tell you, instead look out with your own eyes for the truth."

Cults <> Advancements in technology.
He's one of the worst cult members. If there were individuals in the past that helped humanity advance we would still live in a world where people believe in the geocentric system due to the church and such.
What the church did was always prevent the advancements in science and technology. Eventually they have to correct themselves and accept it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:47:53 AM

LOL. Even you have gotta be sweating cognitive dissonance by the bucket-load as you typed that!

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
DiFranco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:28:31 AM

I don't think hate is exclusive to atheists. I actually think religious people tend to spread more hate that atheists. Most atheists don't really care about religious people just as long as they're not bothering them, but of course you have those outspoken atheists who spend most of their time telling everyone how stupid religious people are but even that doesn't really constitute as hate for religious people.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:32:45 PM

Jesus said that if you don't forgive, you won't be forgiven.

Smiley

I don't want to be forgiven and I am happy being a sinner. I have the courage to accept that unlike others who believe that if they go to Church, their sins will be forgiven.

I am noticing that atheists not only hate religion and God, they also hate those who believe in it. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to and forcing your thoughts on others and degrading the name of God, you don't prove that you are a great person. Just learn to respect those who believe/don't believe in it.

This should be a healthy discussion and not a discussion where others just mock each other and their beliefs as well.

galdur

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:54:02 PM

Well, another thread about religion is off to a promising start. I think we can look forward to ten thousand posts where people ceaselessly chase their own tails over and over again and go round and around in circles over this and that.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

I am noticing that atheists not only hate religion and God, they also hate those who believe in it. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to and forcing your thoughts on others and degrading the name of God, you don't prove that you are a great person. Just learn to respect those who believe/don't believe in it.

This should be a healthy discussion and not a discussion where others just mock each other and their beliefs as well.

Oh fuck off with your typical theist, "I should be respected!!!11!!!" bullshit.

Just because you have enjoyed thousands of years of theist privilege and are no longer receiving the same degree of deference and reverence, it does not equate to 'hate'.

I am so sick of reading article after article on theists complaining about how they are being persecuted by secular society when, the truth is, your 'religious right' ends where my nose begins and you don't like that we, rightly, ridicule your superstitions and poisonous beliefs.

Grow up.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
galdur

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:06:43 PM

Difficult to say it better ...

“I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches  appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.” — Thomas Paine

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:07:29 PM

Oh fuck off with your typical theist, "I should be respected!!!11!!!" bullshit.

Just because you have enjoyed thousands of years of theist privilege and are no longer receiving the same degree of deference and reverence, it does not equate to 'hate'.

I am so sick of reading article after article on theists complaining about how they are being persecuted by secular society when, the truth is, your 'religious right' ends where my nose begins and you don't like that we, rightly, ridicule your superstitions and poisonous beliefs.

Grow up.

Sorry but I cannot stoop to your level and start abusing. May be this is how I was brought up by my parents who taught me to give and get respect and I am proud of what I am today. If I don't do good to anyone, I don't even think bad unlike you who call yourself an atheist but only know one thing, that's to abuse.

Glad that you don't believe in God. You have done nothing good in life but just know how to abuse. See the difference between a person who isn't an atheist and a person who is.

Yes I have poisonous beliefs of doing good to others and not just sit back and spreading hatred. I don't believe in superstitions cause I am literate and not an illiterate dumb person.

That's why I said to have a healthy discussion but I guess I was talking to people who just believe in one thing "HATRED"   Lips sealed

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:30:08 PM

You ask why rational people try to engage theists into critical thinking, then go on to detail how you, like most atheists, began as a child being conditioned to believe the theist myths of your parents until you discovered the skills of critical thinking and objective reasoning.

So you prove that theists can break their conditioning but then question why we bother trying to free the minds of others who, like us once, were brainwashed.

+1, David Hume and Kant had similar views. Humans are rational beings, believing in a "god" without any objective reason(Evidence) to is irrational, and disregards the entire concept of having the ability to reason and think. Theists are quite possibly the dumbest people on the planet. It's almost as if they "want" to give away their ability to reason, like mindless zombies.

I think you missed some of what Hume stated, however.  If Hume concluded that "believing in a 'god' without any [evidence]...is irrational," then he contradicted himself.

Hume rightfully pointed out that Empiricism, and therefore Science, have non-empirical, unscientific foundations.  Specifically, the assumptions that give the Scientific Method validity are entirely philosophical, e.g. how the rules of sound inference and knowledge of the limitations of inductive reasoning give validity to the assumption that we live in a Positivistic Universe, an assumption that is absolutely required for Science to work at all, and for which there is both no evidence nor a means of empirical falsification.

With regards to religion, Hume would say that a lack of evidence is not a strong enough basis (actually, it carries no weight whatsoever) to reject theism specifically because one who does would also be forced to reject the epistemological underpinnings of science itself.  Yes, it is true there is no physical evidence for God, but because there is also no physical evidence for the validity of the scientific method, then we must defer back to Philosophy to establish the validity/invalidity of both. In other words, if one can make a total scientific departure to validate scientific epistemology (note: Science is merely a philosophical subset), then why cannot one make the same departure for theism?

On a side note, it's my personal observation that the unbelievably-vast majority of religious debates are a priori invalid for the aforementioned reasons.  Atheists make bullshit claims that it is silly to believe in God due to a lack of evidence (claims which are often supported by equally-bullshit analogies like the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Russell's Teapot which hold no weight whatsoever), and then theists, thinking that these invalid arguments are actually credible, entertain them and provide bullshit rebuttals by hopelessly trying to cite evidence that supports the existence of God.

When it comes down to it, religious debates set in an empirical context are invalid and a waste of time, and people just spew a bunch of hot air.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:33:52 PM

You have done nothing good in life but just know how to abuse. See the difference between a person who isn't an atheist and a person who is.

Yes, an atheist criticizes you for posting yet another typical theist whine about how you should be respected for your belief and you respond by declaring that he has done nothing good in his life. I do see the difference quite clearly, thank you.

I don't believe in superstitions cause I am literate and not an illiterate dumb person.
Superstition is the belief in supernatural causality—that one event causes another without any natural process linking the two events—such as astrology, religion, omens, witchcraft, prophecies, etc

Seems you're not quite as literate as you believe yourself to be.

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:48:17 PM

You have done nothing good in life but just know how to abuse. See the difference between a person who isn't an atheist and a person who is.

Yes, an atheist criticizes you for posting yet another typical theist whine about how you should be respected for your belief and you respond by declaring that he has done nothing good in his life. I do see the difference quite clearly, thank you.

I don't believe in superstitions cause I am literate and not an illiterate dumb person.
Superstition is the belief in supernatural causality—that one event causes another without any natural process linking the two events—such as astrology, religion, omens, witchcraft, prophecies, etc

You don't seem to understand what I said. I don't believe in any religion but I believe in God (the almighty). I believe that there is one Good person in this world who is watching me and cares for me else what I see today is just inhumanity and hatred.

I'm open to healthy discussions but not abuses Sorry. I too don't like the claims that people make by saying my religion is the best and their religion is the best. I just believe in God that's it. For me all Gods are one and I love him and believe in him as a Good person.

You haven't done anything good in life besides abusing that's what I meant. I did not abuse you or hurt you. You did and yes, if your belief teaches you to abuse, that's wrong whether you may consider it your right. You could have replied politely but you chose the opposite so what should I think then. Abusive words lead to nothing but hate and more abuses which I don't believe in.

I just take out the Good things of life and try to be a good human being. If I am called an theist, mad person, or sinner for that purpose, no problem. I'm happy cause I do no harm to others till they harm me. I don't hate anyone but just hate the bad things they do to others no matter what they believe in or not. I don't like to mock others for their belief unless they cause harm to others because of that. You can believe in a stone as a stone or a stone as a God. Don't hurt anyone or harm anyone. That's it.

I know what the world is facing today because of religion and hence I just disregard this term. There are no atheists or theists in life but only Good and Bad people. While I love and respect the former, I dislike the latter. What kind of a person are you?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:00:47 PM

+1, David Hume and Kant had similar views. Humans are rational beings, believing in a "god" without any objective reason(Evidence) to is irrational, and disregards the entire concept of having the ability to reason and think. Theists are quite possibly the dumbest people on the planet. It's almost as if they "want" to give away their ability to reason, like mindless zombies.
I think you missed some of what Hume stated, however.  If Hume concluded that "believing in a 'god' without any [evidence]...is irrational," then he contradicted himself.

Hume rightfully pointed out that Empiricism, and therefore Science, have non-empirical, unscientific foundations.  Specifically, the assumptions that give the Scientific Method validity are entirely philosophical, e.g. how the rules of sound inference and knowledge of the limitations of inductive reasoning give validity to the assumption that we live in a Positivistic Universe, an assumption that is absolutely required for Science to work at all, and for which there is both no evidence nor a means of empirical falsification.

With regards to religion, Hume would say that a lack of evidence is not a strong enough basis (actually, it carries no weight whatsoever) to reject theism specifically because one who does would also be forced to reject the epistemological underpinnings of science itself.  Yes, it is true there is no physical evidence for God, but because there is also no physical evidence for the validity of the scientific method, then we must defer back to Philosophy to establish the validity/invalidity of both. In other words, if one can make a total scientific departure to validate scientific epistemology (note: Science is merely a philosophical subset), then why cannot one make the same departure for theism?

On a side note, it's my personal observation that the unbelievably-vast majority of religious debates are a priori invalid for the aforementioned reasons.  Atheists make bullshit claims that it is silly to believe in God due to a lack of evidence (claims which are often supported by equally-bullshit analogies like the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Russell's Teapot which hold no weight whatsoever), and then theists, thinking that these invalid arguments are actually credible, entertain them and provide bullshit rebuttals by hopelessly trying to cite evidence that supports the existence of God.

When it comes down to it, religious debates set in an empirical context are invalid and a waste of time, and people just spew a bunch of hot air.
You're just interpreting this for your own argument. Did you base your information off of Google?  I actually have partially studies Hume and I have a book lying next to me.
Even though he wrote a lot about religion, his views seem a bit unclear. This is why it is open to interpretation. He stance was agnostic and skeptical. I'm not sure why people brought him up, he was definitely not an atheist. He did claim that reason is not up to the task to be the only guide in our life.
Believing in this "god" is irrational. I'm talking about the "gods" from the current religions. Theists are very deluded.

-snip

I know what the world is facing today because of religion and hence I just disregard this term. There are no atheists or theists in life but only Good and Bad people. While I love and respect the former, I dislike the latter. What kind of a person are you?
The underlying implication here must be atheists are bad. Most of the people that were defined as "bad", were defined by a set of ignorant rules, that were set by various religions.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:09:09 PM

You don't seem to understand what I said. I don't believe in any religion but I believe in God (the almighty).

:triplefacepalm:

You keep telling me how literate you are, yet you didn't know the meaning of the word 'superstition' and you clearly don't know the meaning of the word 'theism' or 'theist', either.

I'm thinking you clearly believe yourself to be more intelligent than you actually are. Narcissism is prevalent among those who believe themselves to be part of some 'divine plan', so that probably explains it.

I'm open to healthy discussions

No you're not, that's dishonest. What you actually mean is that you're open to discussions that maintain undeserved respect and deference towards your infantile belief system. I'd be lying if I pretended to have respect for your belief system, which I cannot do because it is intellectually dishonest. Are you saying you want me to lie for you?

You haven't done anything good in life besides abusing that's what I meant.

LOL, seriously, that you keep quoting this as though it means something other than you generally condemning me as having done nothing good in my entire life while being utterly absent any information about my life other than the brief moment when you encountered my criticism of you for posting what is typical theist whiny bullshit about expecting respect for your almighty imagination.

There are no atheists or theists in life but only Good and Bad people.

Quote from: Steven Weinberg
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: